What have you never seen others do? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What have you never seen others do?

Nothing
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [discussion] What have you never seen others do?

A story involving Aura that does not become an Aura quest at any point in time.
    Never seen a story with blind people.
    Never seen a non- Silver related plot where the main character hates his starter
    Never seen a Riolu for a starter (SARCASM. I forgot how to cross out the text)

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ~sakura~ View Post
    Never seen a story with blind people.
    A story that holds a blind person is on PLF (Pokelightforums) and its actually really quite interesting!
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    A story that holds a blind person is on PLF (Pokelightforums) and its actually really quite interesting!
    Without a link, we have no idea which fic you're talking about, making this post useless.

I've never seen a fic where the characters climb over Mt. Moon the first time they go there. (Excluding mine, of course. But my fic hasn't gotten to that stage yet on Bulbagarden.)
    Last edited by Zekurom; 3rd June 2010 at 05:32 PM.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never seen a fic where certain characters can just talk to Pokemon naturally, and everyone in universe isn't surprised.

Never seen a fic with a child supergenius who builds all of the characters' technology himself but is still a complete BA in battle.

Never seen a fic where the main character and the main villian are related in some crazy way - not mother, father, sister, ect. but an aunt or a grandfather or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Dragon View Post
    Never seen a fic where certain characters can just talk to Pokemon naturally, and everyone in universe isn't surprised.
    Again, my fic. Although by "everyone in the universe isn't surprised", I'm presuming you mean "not everyone in the universe is surprised", as Ken is.

Rachel and Phoenix certainly aren't, though, nor is Lukas. Nor do they really talk all that much to their Pokemon anyway.

Never seen a fic with a child supergenius who builds all of the characters' technology himself but is still a complete BA in battle.
    By BA, you mean...? I have no idea.

Never seen a fic where the main character and the main villian are related in some crazy way - not mother, father, sister, ect. but an aunt or a grandfather or something.
    Well, Diabla is Rachel's potential soulmate's godmother, if that counts... >_>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    By BA, you mean...? I have no idea.
    I think he means "badass".

"Pokémon Revolution" stories are quite rare.

I have seen only one story that features a "translation field" (field projected by a pokémon that gives the pokémon and trainer a single common lanaguage).
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    I have seen only one story that features a "translation field" (field projected by a pokémon that gives the pokémon and trainer a single common lanaguage).
    That isn't Japanese, I presume? The common language, I mean.

I have seen stories that have translation machines, but I'm not sure that those count.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    That isn't Japanese, I presume? The common language, I mean.

I have seen stories that have translation machines, but I'm not sure that those count.
    I assume the common language was English.

Stories where a Legendary is a main antagonist are not common either.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

Sorry, a hiccup from my own fanfic. The characters all speak Japanese when not specified.

Well, not in fanfic, but you do have Arceus in the 12th movie - even if he/she/it eventually does turn heel-to-face (to borrow an expression from TVTropes).

WhatWasOnceIsNoLongerWere Phantom Kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My fanfic has Mew and Celebi as the main antagonists, and you could also argue that other Legendaries are also antagonists because they turn a blind eye on the events that unfold.

I've never seen a Pokemono Mystery Dungeon story in where the heroes of the first PMD game and the heroes of the second PMD game meet.

^ That's why I took the liberty of planning out a story with this that I can write.

- Kat

EDIT: Oh man, how did I forget Chronicles of the Shards? This unfinished, but awesome, fan fic has almost all of the Legendaries act as antagonists. They are influenced by the shards of these elemental gems Mew had granted to five Eevee.
    Last edited by Phantom Kat; 4th June 2010 at 04:20 PM.

URPG Stats | Banner by Knightblazer

AV art: *biscuitcrumbs | Character: me

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

I actually thought that Grovyle is the partner of the player, who is the same as the player in the first game, effectively making PMD1 take place after PMD2. Tried developing this once, realized it'd just be another rewrite of PMD.
    If ya need me, I'm probably playing some Mann vs Machine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimatum

In the land of bad weather and many mosquitos: Minnesota

A story from a young 7-8 year old kid's point of view.

Props to Instrutilus for the sick banner.

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Well I didn't really want to advertise but here is the link - http://pokelightforums.com/topic/7254329/1/#new

And a kid that young couldn't really travel, they'd have to stay centred in one area and i have a fic like that in the pipline
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    Well I didn't really want to advertise but here is the link - http://pokelightforums.com/topic/7254329/1/#new
    The whole point of this thread is to advertise stories that show seemingly unique traits, or at least the traits that somebody hasn't seen before. (I'm assuming this is the one about the blind person?)

Come to think about it, I haven't seen any fics where a main supporting character dies early on in the story (but later than the beginning).

*edit* That's some good writing. A bit depressing though, so it's not exactly my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 5th June 2010 at 10:57 AM.

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

I really haven't seen too many fics that don't journey for most of the story. This does not include one-shots. I only know of a couple dead ones Legacy's Fic, not including my own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast