Upcoming Story: Sinnoh Terrorised - Concept Discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Story: Sinnoh Terrorised - Concept Discussion

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Upcoming Story: Sinnoh Terrorised - Concept Discussion

I've been planning a story for quite some time now, and I hope to try something new with it. Instead of delving into the plot, which really isn't that original, I want to discuss the concept.

The story itself has two versions to it. One is viewed through the perspective of the Stats Trainers, while the other is viewed through the eyes of the Team Galactic remaining un-arrested commanders. Basically, I plan on releasing two threads, and each chapter will follow an event through the eyes of both groups.

The plot is basically that of Gen II, with the commanders trying to revive Team Galactic, and it's up to the Stats Trainers to stop them instead of a starting trainer. The Platinum left it, Mars indicated that she will be trying to find Cyrus, Jupiter didn't take any actions, and Saturn is seen trying to run Team Galactic on his own.

What do you guys think of the concept? Any ideas?

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Upcoming Story: Sinnoh Terrorised

Wow. It's certainly unlike anything I've ever heard before. Will they interwind signifigantly, or can someone read one but not the other?

Blog Entries

You can read one without the other. It's a "I wonder what the other side is doing" situation.

For example, in one chapter I intend for Saturn to start an attack on a city to draw out the Stats Trainers, and eventually kill them, but they never show up and it isn't explained. If you read the equivalent of the chapter in the other story, you learn that they were actually isolated, and chasing Mars and Jupiter.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why would Saturn want to kill the Stat Trainers?

He wanted to make Team Galactic an energy company, after Cyrus got sucked into a black hole by Giratina and Mars and Jupiter disbanded to find their boy-toy once more to fight over him. And Charon's ass is in jail for good. Perhaps it should be so that it's a turf war between Akagi Industries (Saturn) vs. Team 'Supernova' (Jupiter and Mars) and the Stat Trainers are caught in the crossfire.

Team Supernova could probably be Mars and Jupiter's cult aiming to reopen the Distortion World and use the wormhole to both rescue Cyrus and bring his evil schemes to fruitition. Other than M&J, the more batshit members of Team Galactic would make up Supernova. They could raid museums and cities looking for pieces of the Red Chain, which were scattered across Sinnoh by the gravity shift created by Giratina rising from the black hole. Since the grunts M&J are commanding are crazy, they will often kill people without reason. Quite a few are Saturn's employees.

Saturn realizes this, and hires the best trainers he knows (ie; the Stat Trainers) to stop his former comrades from destroying all creation. Oh, and killing off his workforce.

Whoo, I went off on a tangent there. I'm not saying you should use this and ditch your own ideas, obviously. But, still, I don't like your idea of Saturn trying to kill the Stat Trainers. But, I can see why they're after Jupiter and Mars.
    Last edited by Der_Neuevenmenschen; 11th June 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Saturn, in my story, will be trying to make Galactic his own. Instead of going with Cyrus' plan, which he never knew, he decided to use the team to take over Sinnoh, and the Stats Trainers are there to stop him. Mars and Jupiter can't stand each other, which is why each has her own goal, and the Stats Trainers want to stop that as well

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Interesting ideas. I like them. But I still think that Saturn wanting to rule Sinnoh is a bit OOC (although you're free to do whatever you want, so long as it's done well), it sounds more like something Charon would do. Saturn himself said that he wants nothing to do with crime ever again.

Mars and Jupiter's plans will probably both end in an antigravity bitchfight in the Distortion World over who gets to emancipate Cyrus from it.

Blog Entries

Saturn lied to hide his goals! <- I just made that up, but I don't remember him saying he never wanted anything to do with crime again... Oh well, villains lie all the time. And Mars and Jupiter can never work together without Saturn, which later plays into the plot. Again, they can't stand each other, and Mars wants to rescue Cyrus and finish their plans. Jupiter has another goal that contradicts that:

I've already given too much stuff away, but know that neither of the three commanders trust the other two, and there will be a lot of double-crossing. A case is similar with the Stats Trainers, in which they disagree on how they should go about stopping Galactic.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Muy interesante.

How will Mira (an eight year old) play into any of this?

Blog Entries

She's an eight year old Pokémon Trainer; how can she not play into this?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Your logic is impeccable.

Blog Entries

Either way, what about the concept of two stories? That's what I want opinions on.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, it's alright by me. Dragon Days is a perfect example of this concept.

Blog Entries

Of two threads for one story? I know it's about Lance from Rival's Story, so it is just him during the events of Rival's Story?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No, it recounts his youth, and the events leading up to GSCHGSS.

another casualty at war Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

It's definitely an intriguing concept and one that could potentially work well. It's certainly worth a try, I think.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast