Tips on Writing a Good Journey Fic - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tips on Writing a Good Journey Fic

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tips on Writing a Good Journey Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I agree with what Kyuuketsuki said, but I'd add, make it personal. Having a hero fight the evil empire just cause its evil is a bit bland and will lead your hero to make long winded speeches about freedom and peace and equality...

Have a hero fight the evil empire because a general from the evil empire killed his father on the other hand, while cliché is effective and is gonna give you hero an incentive to defeat the evil empire.
    I'd say both of them are equally cliché. Just do which one seems more effective.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with. If I have the evil antagonist basically destined to lose, it's cliche. If I have the evil antagonist succeed only to get beat in the end, it's cliche. If I have the evil antagonist ultimately win, then it's like the ending isn't an ending.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with. If I have the evil antagonist basically destined to lose, it's cliche. If I have the evil antagonist succeed only to get beat in the end, it's cliche. If I have the evil antagonist ultimately win, then it's like the ending isn't an ending.
    Well, you could go the The Bad Guy Wins route and disappoint everybody XD

You'd only get "respected" for it. But I'm sure that not very many people would like the "twist" ending.
    AuraSoul93 likes this.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekürom View Post
    Well, you could go the The Bad Guy Wins route and disappoint everybody XD

You'd only get "respected" for it. But I'm sure that not very many people would like the "twist" ending.
    Haha yeah, I mean my story is going to have some elements of tragedy and surprise, but I'm kind of confused about what exactly a Mary Sue is if seemingly everything outside of writing a crack fic can cause people to accuse you of writing a Mary Sue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Haha yeah, I mean my story is going to have some elements of tragedy and surprise, but I'm kind of confused about what exactly a Mary Sue is if seemingly everything outside of writing a crack fic can cause people to accuse you of writing a Mary Sue.
    People just like to make fun of other people's characters.

If I could, I'd go under the philosophy that there's really no such thing as a Mary Sue - that's just an idealism promoted by people who want to write "well-balanced" characters.
    Shadow Victini and matt0044 like this.

You could use chaptering to get a little control over your pace during your fic. I did this once in an iCarly fic.

sorry for bumping I saw this thread on google :S

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234