Three New Ideas: Which Sounds Better?

View Poll Results: Which story idea sounds better?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fishing Competition

2 22.22%
  • Orphaned Pokemon/Amnesia Boy

3 33.33%
  • Pokemon Period Drama

4 44.44%

Thread: Three New Ideas: Which Sounds Better?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Three New Ideas: Which Sounds Better?

Hello everyone!

I come forward once more with three new ideas that have been mulling around inside my head. Instead of posting three new threads, here are the currently untitled ideas for you all: (NOTE: Not stopping with any other plans or getting writing.)

- Fishing Competition
    This one follows an aspiring fisherman who enters a competition his brother his won in the past and attempts to gain the crown. However, the simple competition comes under threat when our hero discovers the current champion is involved in a whaling-type program that is endangering the ecosystem at hand and threatening the competition.

- Orphaned Pokemon/Amnesia Boy
    A young boy wakes up on a stormy night with no memory of his life. He has no idea where he is, if he has a family or friends, or what his own name is. As he comes to terms with things, he finds a Pokemon egg hatching, revealing a Pokemon (most likely to be Solosis.) The boy, who names himself River, and his new Pokemon, which he doesnt know anythign about, come together to try and solve their respective mysteries, unaware the head of a research organisation is desperate to find both him and his Pokemon. River is assisted by Indigo, a journalist for a magazine who is looking for her big break and decides to help him solve his mystery as he goes around the gyms.

- Pokemon Period Drama
    We always see those snuffy period dramas on TV like Downton Abbey and that, but know Pokemon has one! This one follows three wealthy families, tied together by three siblings, that start a Pokemon competition between each other in order to see who wins the rights to a large area of farmland left behind by their father. Involves sabotage, cheating, trickery, illegal Pokemon activities and more, and the daughter of the eldest sibling tries her best to bring an end to the violent battlrs, joined by her familie's farmboy and one of her cousins. Most likely set in Kanto. Our lead girl has a Ponyta, and begins to uncover a secret that will tear her family apart in her family's basement that she has never been allowed to go down - and she can definitely see why.

Now, you all get to vote to see which one you'd like to see! These stories all take place in The GalacticVerse, so you can expect to see familiar faces and places from my other Pokemon stories. I look forward to feedback and suggestions and seeing which one people like more. Ill be dwelling these over so expect more details later.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 16th September 2011 at 04:26 PM.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Three New Ideas: Which Sounds Better?

I like the third. Sounds like it has more room for entertainment.

The second one sounds like it could be good but doesn't seem to have much development, unlike the third one.

The first one is also interesting but I would have to see it to know.

Blog Entries

The first and second ones sound like they could be a great thriller type fan fics.

I'm not so sure on the third one.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Three way tie so far!

@Gastly's Mama:Would you mind elaborating on your thoughts of the first and seconds ones please?
    @Drakon: Would you mind elaborating on the third one please?

I have some updates for the second and third stories that I have added in.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Right, I think you've developed the second idea since I left my last comment and it seems a lot better now. My original reluctance was because it sounded a bit vague and, to be honest, a little samey. It seems better now.

The first one sounds like it could be interesting but it's mostly dependant on the way you write it. I think it would be good as a lighthearted kinda thing.

I think the third one sounds like the most original in both concept and story telling method.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The second one definitely has a chance of being much more developed, and will certainly be epic. And I think the third one will have many interesting stories to tell.

The first one, Im a bit.... meh about it. I dont think I can do much with the idea, and I dont think it fits in very well. Im thinking of replacing its idea with that of a nuzlocke storyline I have inside my head right.

Blog Entries

I like the first one the best. The fisherman angle sounds really interesting and hasn't been done before. I think you'd do really well with that one, although I'm sure you could pull off any of the three.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Glory Blaze What do you find attractive about the Amnesia Boy storyline?

@Legacy Im a bit weary about the fishing storyline. What do you think could work for it?