Thinking about a pokemon card story

Thread: Thinking about a pokemon card story

Add Venya on Facebook Add Venya on Google+
    Visit Venya's Youtube Channel

Default Thinking about a pokemon card story

But I don't know how I would be doing it. I need ideas. Or a little help at least. Should I use the cards that can be used from http://www2.bebessearch.com/ or use a different website? OR what? how should I use the cards or at least describe them so people can understand them. I tried doing this before but totally failed, I didn't even understand it. So I need help. Also what should the problem be? Like the major problem. Should it be just trying to get to the league or what?
    No matter what age, pokemon will be there.

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Default Re: Thinking about a pokemon card story

@Venya; Moved to the Writer's Lounge for you. Discussion/idea threads like this belong here usually, as the Atlas is more for resources such as maps, character biographies and the like for ongoing stories.

As for the actual question, the main problem is basically how you're going to use the cards. I imagine a Pokemon TCG story being somewhat like Yu-Gi-Oh - characters have some sort of system that allows Pokemon to be stored in cards, and they have to follow the set rules of engagement, with a turn-based battle system, energy and supporter cards etc. Would that work? I can see it working. //files away in development hell

Also, I'm not sure where that link is meant to lead, because I just get a 403 permission era. All the cards you need should be able to be found on Bulbapedia.

As for the plot/problem, it's totally up to you. You can make it a Trainer fic with cards if you want, or you can come up with some crazy plot about a demented butler who decides to steal all the Energy cards from everybody, leaving only one person able to stop him from taking over the world. It's totally up to you, as that's the beauty of storytelling.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Add Venya on Facebook Add Venya on Google+
    Visit Venya's Youtube Channel

Thank you for moving it I didn't know where it was suppose to go.

Yeah I figure it would be like yu-gi-oh as well. I mean it would be neat to have machines so it looks real but at the same time it would have some sort of twist. like maybe the the legendary pokemon would have a piece of them somewhere... ooh.... Thank you I just thought of something. <3
    No matter what age, pokemon will be there.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Have you ever played the TCG gameboy game? That has quite an interesting storyline and it's all about battling Pokemon Cards.

Also, I'm not sure if it's what you had in mind but there's a manga called "How I Became a Pokemon Card". It used to be available for free on onemanga but they don't really display free manga any more. You might be able to find it elsewhere. Anyway, it might be good for inspiration.