Started a new project; need some opinions.

Thread: Started a new project; need some opinions.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Post Started a new project; need some opinions.

Um, the easiest way to explain what I have started writing is;

An offspring off human and a Pokémon is for the first time born on Earth.

The very news of this event shake the world starting chaos. It's a mistake, people start saying. But at the same time, other humans go public with feelings for their Pokémon. Their propaganda claims it's a miracle and how Pokémon were always meant to be the life partners of a human, both in a spiritual and in a physical way. People against it start revolting, the government decides to find and end the life of the mistake which should have never happened.

Both his father (human) and his mother (Pokémon) end up killed after which the main character is forced to confront the world in which his very birth caused such great stir in the first place.

Could this work?

Earth. One of the continents, to be specific.

Default Re: Started a new project; need some opinions.

Hmm... It's a very interesting concept, and seeing how most all pokemon can breed with each other (I know there's egg groups, but that's still quite a bit of variation when you compare to actual genetics) it could be plausible that way, depending on what pokemon you pick. The only huge problem I see is that you have to have the character *do* something, usually, and so far you just have their backstory. Do you have anything in mind?
    Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

"When I get a little money, I buy books, and, if there is any left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

Aziraphale patted Crowley on the back. "We seem to have survived," he said. "Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent." -Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman Good Omens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Windywords123 View Post
    The only huge problem I see is that you have to have the character *do* something, usually, and so far you just have their backstory. Do you have anything in mind?
    Like I said, I'm still in planning stages but I do have the prologue ready.

I plan on having the main character look human-like, but with specific Pokémon parts on his body which he will always hide from others. Basically, he lives in a shelter where he's not really beloved due his shy nature (and being a freak and everything). He only has one real friend who's willing to escape with him after the government finds out where the child Pokémon is hiding. Note however that the protagonists' friend doesn't know that his best friend is half Pokémon. He covers most of his body with clothes so it's really hard to see for anyone what he actually hides. They're both on the run while at the same time, the main character is forced to accept the fact he'll never be normal and use his difference to save both himself and his best friend.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

This sounds like an awesome idea!

I have to say though, I think it would be a waste of massive potential if you didn't feature people who were in physical relationships with their Pokemon reasonably heavily in the story.

Also, it would be cool to see the main character able to use some Pokemon moves. Something understated might be the most interesting - like Poison, so he can kill people by putting his hands on them and gripping them but it isn't obvious how to an onlooker. (Child of human and Croagunk?) Psychic could be interesting but might be a little too obvious - there are so many stories about people with psychic powers for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

This sounds like an awesome idea!

I have to say though, I think it would be a waste of massive potential if you didn't feature people who were in physical relationships with their Pokemon reasonably heavily in the story.

Also, it would be cool to see the main character able to use some Pokemon moves. Something understated might be the most interesting - like Poison, so he can kill people by putting his hands on them and gripping them but it isn't obvious how to an onlooker. (Child of human and Croagunk?) Psychic could be interesting but might be a little too obvious - there are so many stories about people with psychic powers for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    That will be majorly featured in the story. People going public on their feelings for their Pokémon. It's going to get pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    Crap, I was planning on doing a psychic one. Maybe I should do something a little more original? :O

I agree, a more original one would be nice. Hmm, anything really physical like rock or steel probably wouldn't work because of the simple reason that the biologies are probably incompatible... Fighting might, but I'm not sure how that would work for the main character's characteristics. I think ice or dark would be cool types that you could probably do a lot with...

"When I get a little money, I buy books, and, if there is any left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

Aziraphale patted Crowley on the back. "We seem to have survived," he said. "Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent." -Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman Good Omens

Blog Entries

Mightyena and a woman? Oh God. I really don't know.

You know, oddly enough, I've already seen something with a mightyena/human hybrid.
    But let's not go into that, because that was weird and I stopped reading quickly. Uhm. If you had a psychic 'mon in mind, I'm sure it would work well, it's just a tiny bit cliche...

Blog Entries

The prologue basically revolves around a person who doesn't know about the feeling of love until meeting a fainted Gardevoir. Seeing Gardevoir as a woman in his eyes rather than a Pokémon (as he always disliked Pokémon) he starts developing feelings for her and so does she for him. Then one fateful night, the child is conceived.

Though I planned on having their child go towards Gallade-oriented path. More physical, less special.

Mmkay, sounds interesting! I can see it working, especially if you give them less mental more physical...

Blog Entries

Psychic isn't that unoriginal - it could certainly work. If you had been making plans based on that, I would say stick with them.

I agree with Gastly's Mama. Go for it!