Split timeline idea.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tophat Dragoneye
  • 1 Post By Xenidal

Thread: Split timeline idea.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Post Split timeline idea.

First of all, credits to The Outrage who invented the theory of two timelines separating Black & White games.

-

Around a thousand years ago, a powerful dragon was sent to the king of Unova due to his honest heart and noble intentions. The king had two sons, two soon-to-be princes who inherited their throne upon his unfortunate death. Naturally, with power came responsibility. In the grief of his sudden death, each of the brothers made a decision of leading Unova to a better place, a better future. The younger brother, pursuing ideals with his never-ending optimism, had great plans for the kingdom. The older brother confronted him forcing him to face the harsh truth of bitter reality which he accepted long time ago.

Their argument led to a split of kingdom with both of them having loyal followers. Such immense outbreak of emotions came to influence the great dragon Pokémon who had decided to stick with them for the sake of a better future. With war about to break out and the dragon torn apart between two hearts, one shed with optimism and other with realism - both of purest intentions, its body split apart. The immense amount of powerful energy caused a split in time and space causing a point of divergence - a split timeline in which each brother followed his own path.

The black timeline - where the modernized world of Unova brought out the best and the worst out of people, allowing them to reach great things in the world of discoveries. Team Plasma came to protest however with their "king" N as the leader of the team wanting to free the Pokémon from slavery.

The white timeline - where people remained in touch with nature and Pokémon, seemingly creating an utopia. Though with a mysterious appearance of a person from other timeline, the balance in the nature shifts and Pokémon are ready to do everything in order to protect their world.

--

Sorry for this long introduction but with all of this I just told you, I intend on having a character accidentally transfer himself to the other timeline (there are many timelines, but only two biggest ones). His appearance causes a series of accidents which soon threaten to erase the timeline.

My question is, how does the character get there? I thought about him having a Pokémon able to travel through time but I fear that may be too cliché. Or via a travel machine? What is your opinion on this idea?

I feel really ambitious about this. I'd really like some opinions!

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Split timeline idea.

One thing that pops up in my mind that you could use would be the creation trio's orbs. Considering that it was never told how Ghetsis got a hold on these orbs post-game, you could make use of this fact. Maybe the travel machine you talked about could be used in conjunction with the orbs.

This idea is quite ambitious, i agree with you on that, but I think it's possible and it would become one of the more unique fics if you decide to write it.
    matt0044 likes this.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

You don't explicitly need a time traveler, you can make do with dimensional traveler, as the two timelines could easily be considered parallel dimensions. Either way, Dialga or Palkia could be the instigators of this travel. Celebi is an alternative. Naturally, he wouldn't actually own these pokemon.

If you don't want to mix in these divine pokemon for one reason or another, kirlia and gardevoir's pokedex entries mention the ability to create dimensional rifts.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    One thing that pops up in my mind that you could use would be the creation trio's orbs. Considering that it was never told how Ghetsis got a hold on these orbs post-game, you could make use of this fact. Maybe the travel machine you talked about could be used in conjunction with the orbs.
    Perhaps, Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orbs all carry an essence of their respective holders - Pokémon who wield over dimension and who can travel through time and space. Maybe someone other than Ghetsis decides to use their energy in order to power up the theoretical time machine? One thing I know for sure is that this would happen in the Black timeline since it's easily more technologically advanced the White timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Either way, Dialga or Palkia could be the instigators of this travel. Celebi is an alternative. Naturally, he wouldn't actually own these pokemon.
    Oh, I understand. :D

So if were to use those sacred orbs - perhaps their connections to the legendaries could trigger their powers? Regular time-travel can make someone go either to past or future - but with inclusion of other two - maybe that's just enough to send someone to the other timeline (parallel dimension), something that couldn't be easily (or almost barely) achieved with regular time-traveling.

Thank you guys for suggestions! They're really helpful!
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 30th April 2012 at 04:01 PM.

You could make it seem like an accident, or you could make it so that the character was forced as part of an experiment.

COMING SOON!

Experimental technology by a shady organization is always an alternative.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Experimental technology is always an alternative.
    Maybe something even more outrageous like a mutant gene.

COMING SOON!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaFE View Post
    Maybe something even more outrageous like a mutant gene.
    I'm afraid I have mutant gene saved for my other story. *coughcough*

Hmmm... perhaps this could serve as a reason as to why we always have double games? (R/B, G/S, R/S, D/P, B/W) and maybe make the remakes be another timeline? But, what about each "third version" where the real story is told combined? (Y, C, E, Pt) perhaps a time when the timelines "merge" somehow?

You don't explicitly need a time traveler, you can make do with dimensional traveler, as the two timelines could easily be considered parallel dimensions.
    Yeah, this. Use a dimensional traveler, not a time traveler.
    TheLlama likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar98 View Post
    Hmmm... perhaps this could serve as a reason as to why we always have double games? (R/B, G/S, R/S, D/P, B/W) and maybe make the remakes be another timeline? But, what about each "third version" where the real story is told combined? (Y, C, E, Pt) perhaps a time when the timelines "merge" somehow?
    It's possible, but then again - I don't exactly know about merging timelines. It would involve merging pretty much all the people, events - it could turn out to be really chaotic. Unless we simply consider the third games as different variations of those timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Yeah, this. Use a dimensional traveler, not a time traveler.
    Well, in any case, you can easily consider a timeline a some sort of parallel dimension. Either way, it will take something massive to send a character over there.