So I figured out why I'm a bad fanfic writer.

Thread: So I figured out why I'm a bad fanfic writer.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default So I figured out why I'm a bad fanfic writer.

It's because I post my first chapter, and then I don't get any feedback, and then I just get all MY WRITING LIFE IS END and I don't finish. So I thought of maybe just finishing the thing before starting to post it. What's your take?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So I figured out why I'm a bad fanfic writer.

It depends on how long your fic is--that might work for a one shot or something with a few chapters.

Also consider how far in you are and how long the story is ultimately going to be--so if you are currently working on, say, Chapter 38 out of a 50 chapter fic (for example), it would probably be a good idea to start posting the completed episodes.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, no need to complete the whole thing but it's often helpful to stay a few chapters ahead.

The thing is when you eventually do get feedback it can help you improve if you haven't written everything yet. I have found that when I write I generally improve the later stuff much more than my earlier plans for it and that it's just better in quality thant he earlier stuff.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Yeah, I would revise the chapters as per feedback before posting them.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!