TEEN: Sexual humor. How to handle it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexual humor. How to handle it?

Blog Entries

Default Sexual humor. How to handle it?

In the fourth episode (Chapters 13-16) of my fic, Pokemon Adventures: Black & White, I plan to put in some sexual humor/fan service in the fic where my main heroine, Angelina, is taking a bath on Route 2 of Unova (with a bikini on) when Minccino steals her Capsule case containing her Wardrobe Capsule which has her clothes. So she has to track down Minccino with her Oshawott and Pidove half-naked.

Now here's the part I'm not sure off. I'm planning on having Angelina's bikini bottom rip off for comedic purposes. I don't intend on describing this graphically but I'm wondering if I should put this in at all.

If you've read my fic, then you know that Angelina's an anthropomorphic mouse (or rather a "mouseling") and is thirteen years old with a more "developed body" in my fic. Plus, the character's from a kids show (don't ask why) and I might get ridiculed for being, what you guys might call, a Furf*g.

I'm just unsure at the moment. To me, this seems funny but also very, potentially controversial. So I ask you this: What should I do?

Also, how would you handle sexual humor in your writing?

Remember, keep it civil and think this through.
    Last edited by matt0044; 11th April 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sexual humor. How to handle it?

If you're gonna describe it, describe it in a scarce way, to a certain extent, depending on how "mature" you want your fic to be. I mean, that's how I would do it; I've only ever written one fic, it's not even finished and its rated teen, so I'm not entirely certain about sexual humour.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Metagross View Post
    If you're gonna describe it, describe it in a scarce way, to a certain extent, depending on how "mature" you want your fic to be. I mean, that's how I would do it; I've only ever written one fic, it's not even finished and its rated teen, so I'm not entirely certain about sexual humour.
    I plan on doing that and my fic is to be PG-13 mature.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

No-one will care, and if they do, then it's no big deal.
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    I guess. I'm just planning to put it in for humor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I plan on doing that and my fic is to be PG-13 mature.
    You should probably add a warning or something in the first thread, just to make sure since most of the fics with sexual-related content are usually mature. I'll read your fic when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    Maybe, but I did see this one fic that lost a lot of attention because of a sexual scene. But if it's just for humour you're probably right.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

It doesn't sound that sexual at all. Just put it in, it doesn't matter.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Don't put unnecessary focus on it. Just let it happen and run with it. Don't get incredibly detailed or anything. It's really not that important of a thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    It's really not that important of a thing.
    This. If you want to include it, include it; but don't be detailed or graphic when there's no need whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableTendency View Post
    It doesn't sound that sexual at all. Just put it in, it doesn't matter.
    It a scene where an anthropomorphic (human-shaped) mouse girl is wearing a bikini and gets the bottom ripped off by a branch, no doubt humiliating her.

That's pretty sexual, if you ask me. But, of course, I plan to NOT be graphic by any means.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    It a scene where an anthropomorphic (human-shaped) mouse girl is wearing a bikini and gets the bottom ripped off by a branch, no doubt humiliating her.

That's pretty sexual, if you ask me.
    If you don't go into detail (and you shouldn't, since there's no need), it's not that sexual.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

First question - why is a mouse wearing a bikini? Aren't mice nipples around the mid-section?

If you can write it, then just do it. I admit, the main reason I've avoided fanservice is that I have no idea how to write it without seeming like I'm focusing on it.

I admit, when I heard "Mouse...bikini bottoms coming off" I thought "Uh oh..." especially as you said "fanservice", but hey, it's the internet.

With the scene you describe, I wouldn't say there's a problem with it. I was sat in the front room with my 6 year old brother as he was watching a show on a kid's channel (y'know, the ones where all the cast are animals), and in one scene, one of the characters had just got out of the bath, his mum was drying him with a towel, and he took the towel and threw it over his mum. Yeah, technically the racoon was naked, but nothing was shown, and there was no sexual connotations there at all.

Besides, I doubt she'd want to run around with her lower half showing; you could have it as a quick joke, then have her fashion a leaf or something for cover.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Besides, I doubt she'd want to run around with her lower half showing; you could have it as a quick joke, then have her fashion a leaf or something for cover.
    Good idea. Though I'm not sure how anyone can really do that? I'm trying to be realistic with my fic (despite the premise).

Also, how would you guys handle sexual humor in your stories period (LOL. Sorry, bad joke)?

Blog Entries

Well, I don't think there's anything to sweat over because the key word here is humor. You aren't gonna be describing the gal's private anatomy here or anything. Just, approach it from the humorous side.

And come to think of it, my fics aren't lacking that kind of humor in the least. At least Crossroads, which actually lives up to its teen rating. And then again, it's not that I over-sexualise stuff or anything. I just approach it from the humorous side. Not much of a choice, given one of my characters- Al- is the living embodiment of the Accidental Pervert.

Honestly, at least from your description of the scene in the opening post, you're kinda being all Moral Guardian-ish here.

Chill.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a similar scene where Rachel comes out of a shower naked only to see Ken inadvertently staring at her. No big deal, because she shrieks and runs back into the washroom right afterwards.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast