RPed fanfics?

Thread: RPed fanfics?

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default RPed fanfics?

I got this idea from someone I knew on the BIONICLE forum BZPower, and am currently doing one myself. A RPed fanfic is where one creates a bare-bones plot then posts it as an RP. RPers fill in the details, then you write the fanfic based on what happened. The RPed fanfic series I know is very large and popular. What do you think of the idea?

Blog Entries

Default Re: RPed fanfics?

Could work. Someone ismrighting a foc based off my RP, so it should work

Blog Entries

That's basically how the Travelsverse worked until I decided to make it all fanfic =P

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

An interesting idea, provided you have a clear plan (but enough wiggle room for the RPers)

What safeguards are there to keep the plot from going all over the place?
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Well, you have to guide the RPers in the right direction, and you can't be afrais to say no, but the RPers can do pretty much whatever the fuck they want if they accomplish their goals. Check out the rules for my Pokemon: Reign of Shadows RP and you can see some examples. [/shameless advertising]

Blog Entries

Well, it could technically work but you've got to be a very... adaptable GM. Not afraid to railroad the players but able to take their wildest ideas and shenanigans and run with them.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Blaze View Post
    I got this idea from someone I knew on the BIONICLE forum BZPower, and am currently doing one myself. A RPed fanfic is where one creates a bare-bones plot then posts it as an RP. RPers fill in the details, then you write the fanfic based on what happened. The RPed fanfic series I know is very large and popular. What do you think of the idea?
    Well, what you're saying right here is that you look to make a written adaptation of a roleplay, if I'm interpreting things correctly. Those are allowed; we have several fanfics running about that are based on RPs. However, do notice that the Workshop itself doesn't allow raw RPs to be posted, so you can do your RP in the RP subforum, a group, a chat with your friends, or even another forum, and then write down its story for the enjoyment of the Workshop (and yourself and your friends involved in the RP, of course).

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

I don't see why not. I plan on turning a current duology (possibly trilogy) RP into a fanfiction series once the first roleplay comes to a conclusion, so it could turn out very well. It just depends how much work you put into both stages, since the RP is basically the first draft.

A fresh and growing community.

Library
    [Blogged listing of collected works that are posted on the Gardens.]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi-chan View Post
    Well, what you're saying right here is that you look to make a written adaptation of a roleplay, if I'm interpreting things correctly. Those are allowed; we have several fanfics running about that are based on RPs. However, do notice that the Workshop itself doesn't allow raw RPs to be posted, so you can do your RP in the RP subforum, a group, a chat with your friends, or even another forum, and then write down its story for the enjoyment of the Workshop (and yourself and your friends involved in the RP, of course).
    Well, it's sort of a fanfic adaption. However, instead of writing a fanfic about a pre-existing RP, you actually create an RP in order to fill in the blanks of a fanfic that you created. Things won't even happen the same as if you made a written adaption, as the whole way you're guiding them toward the climax of the fanfiction, while you regulate evrything to make sure the pacing is right. (i.e. all evolutions and captures must be approved by the GM, there's an OOC thread in the Metronome forum where I'll post "missions" that must be fulfilled.) So instead of just going along with what the RPers do, you have to guide them. Like, you say, you need to obtain a cookie from a preschooler, then give them the choice of whether or not to beat the preschooler up and take it, swipe it while he's not looking, give them candy to eat instead and take it when they put the cookie down, etc.