Revolution Fic In Which Team Plasma Wins. Ideas?

Thread: Revolution Fic In Which Team Plasma Wins. Ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Revolution Fic In Which Team Plasma Wins. Ideas?

Okay, I have been playing around with this idea ever since I got Gen V.

What if Team Plasma were victorious and everyone was forcibly separated from their pokémon and only Team Plasma has them?

But obviously, not everyone is happy with this. There are cells of people who wish to overthrow Ghetsis and N scattered throughout Unova.

I assume poké balls are outlawed and since apricorns do not grow in Unova, there is no "homebrew" poké balls either. And of course, having a pokémon will get you persecuted.

And since firearms are extremely rare if nonexistent, the choice of weaponry for these revolutionary cells is extremely limited.

Now my question is, exactly how will these revolutionary cells go about overthrowing Team Plasma?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Revolution Fic In Which Team Plasma Wins. Ideas?

Is Hilda or Hilbert present?

Also, if these rebels intend on overthrowing Team Plasma, then they should use Pokemon, of course. By wish I mean Pokemon that want to stay with humans.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They befriend Pokémon...

Ultimately proving that humans and Pokémon can work together without the use of Poké Balls, and that Pokémon are not forced into doing anything, and that Plasma's ideals are wrong.

Blog Entries

I actually had something like this planned in one I'm doing.

Rebels band together with Pokémon who never wanted to be separated. Even without Pokédexes and balls, trainers and Pokémon show they can still be strong together.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

It sounds as if the most interesting weapon for them to use would be Pokemon.

That means that the problem you face is how they have the Pokemon. Kyuu's idea of them being able to somehow salvage a couple of their partners from before the split is interesting.

And will there be some kind of segregation, something like what Miar has suggested, so that it is actually very difficult to make contact between humans and Pokemon?

In that case, there could be a kind of side mission for the main group of protagonists; that being that maybe only one or two of them have been reunited with their Pokemon and one of the main aims of the group is to venture into the Pokemon communities and reunite trainers with their old partners.

Additionally, I'd be very surprised if there was only one resistance group to Team Plasma's new rules. I would expect there would be a great number of people who for whatever reason found themselves in a position where they felt both compelled and capable of fighting TP. There would probably be a few other groups with similar ideals who the main team could either meet, team up with and/or hear about. (Perhaps another group preceded them and were imprisoned by TP?)

I imagine there would also be teams who were more aggressively opposed. I'm sure there'd be some way to smuggle Poke Balls into Unova from somewhere if you knew the right people so there might be groups of people who believe that Pokemon exist to be the slaves of humans. A more aggressive team who are opposed to Team Plasma but whose views and actions are not in line with the main group of protagonists... it begs the question, how far is the enemy of my enemy my friend?

Just some things for you to think about.

If you do write this story, let me know!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If Team Plasma won, Ghetsis would kill N, Alder, and the MC on the spot and use Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyuurem and his other Pokemon to turn Unova into a 1984-style dystopia where only he can enjoy having Pokemon and using them to kill shit, among many other luxuries.

The former gym leaders, Elite 4, and Seven Sages then team up with the nonsense-speakimg Rocket Grunt from the end of HG/SS and Looker to kill Ghetsis. Because fire arms have no necessity to be invented, and everyone in Unova but Ghetsis live in complete poverty, making them unable to afford them, the resistance force will have to befriend Pokemon without the use of Pokeballs, which proves to be much harder said than done, as a lack of continuous human interferance with the food chain has allowed most wild Pokemon to become intensely powerful, making them exponentially more dangerous and hard to tame.

Sounds good?

Noob out.

Blog Entries

Bear in mind that this is a world where Ghetsis truly believes in pokémon liberation and that only Team Plasma is worthy to use them.

I have played with the idea of three factions of revolutionaries.

1.) A faction similar to what Gama suggested <Slaver> - the opposite of Team Plasma. They hold the view that pokémon exist to be humanity's slaves.

2.) "Soft" revolutionaries - these want to restore what life was like before Team Plasma (Pokémon as partners/companions not slaves).

3.) "Hard" revolutionaries - these want to restore what life was like before Team Plasma (Pokémon as partners/companions not slaves).

The difference between the "soft" and "hard" revolutionaries are their techniques and strategies. The "soft" revolutionaries wish to befriend pokémon as well as overthrow Ghetsis and N; they want to show how misguided and wrongheaded Team Plasma's ideology is, in the process, weakening support for Team Plasma. "Hard" revolutionaries just want to overthrow Ghetsis and N.

"Soft" revolutionaries will almost exclusively use pokémon and will try to avoid killing. "Hard" revolutionaries are equally likely to use weapons or pokémon and they tend to be more brutal than the "soft" revolutionaries but even then - whether it's ambushing and then fatally beating a Team Plasma member or setting fire to the house of a Plasma sympathizer.

The "Slaver" revolutionaries have zero compunctions about killing or even torturing their enemies. They tend to favor weapons.

I can imagine that all three of the factions may not exactly get along, which could make for interesting situations.

Since the in-game pictures of the police officers show them as being armed with nightsticks, I assume that non-firearm melee weapons do exist. Failing that, there are probably plenty of perfectly viable substitutes for actual weapons.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If Ghetsis actually believed in Team Plasma's goals, he would'nt have created it .

Blog Entries

I liked the idea that Ghetsis's goal of liberating Pokemon was just a cover, in order to recruit grunts, and he was just after power.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Neuevenmenschen View Post
    If Ghetsis actually believed in Team Plasma's goals, he would'nt have created it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I liked the idea that Ghetsis's goal of liberating Pokemon was just a cover, in order to recruit grunts, and he was just after power.
    This is true but Drakon is looking for advice on a different kind of Ghetsis. In my opinion, writers have the right to change things like this if they want to.

Also, with regards to melee weapons, plenty of Gen I trainers carry whips (Rocket Grunts, Tamer, Cool Trainer)

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This reminds me to the freed Pokemon in PokeSpe's Black and White arc; as they're basically animals passing from captivity back into the wilderness, they tend to return to human populated areas and cause a lot of chaos there, unlike wild Pokemon, which tend to keep away.

In other words, I'd say it would be interesting to see how the freed Pokemon start destroying cities and towns, because they don't go back into the wild because they don't know how to survive there, while at the same time, the humans are unable to stop them or capture them back with Team Plasma in control. Not only the rebel groups are of importance, I believe.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

this does sound very interesting

YouTube (Minecraft Season 2 (1.0) up) | GPX+ | First Fic | Twitter | My site |
    Avatar made by Aori | click the banner to go to my Forum | white friend code - 4427 4825 2666

Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

The first priority of any resistance movement is finding people with military training and/or leadership experience to form the backbone of the group. Without these elements, a resistance will fall apart as quickly as it comes together.

Just some food for thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi-chan View Post
    This reminds me to the freed Pokemon in PokeSpe's Black and White arc; as they're basically animals passing from captivity back into the wilderness, they tend to return to human populated areas and cause a lot of chaos there, unlike wild Pokemon, which tend to keep away.

In other words, I'd say it would be interesting to see how the freed Pokemon start destroying cities and towns, because they don't go back into the wild because they don't know how to survive there, while at the same time, the humans are unable to stop them or capture them back with Team Plasma in control. Not only the rebel groups are of importance, I believe.
    Ahhh you're right! It'll be like that awesome episode of the anime where the Pokemon are all on that island!

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I'd read it, sounds interesting. =]