Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Review Game

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default The Review Game

Hello all!

This is the latest game that the Workshop Moderators have concocted for you, inspired by a thread Gotpika posted last year and he has given us permission to use it. The Review Game is fairly simple: User A requests for Chapter One of Story 1 to be reviewed. User B will then review it, post a link to his review and he can then request for Story 2 Prologue to be reviewed. User C can come along and review it and request his own fic, though he has to be quick, as User D wants to get Story 4 reviewed as well. It is a continuous game where you request for a story to be reviewed, someone reviews it and they make their own request and so on and so forth, but to clarify, it is only one person requesting a review at a time: in order to have your turn, you must fulfil the most recent review request and then make your own.

There are a few extra rules you must be aware of before playing:

The point of this thread is to encourage everyone to get into the spirit of reviewing and to experience new stories you may not have read before. Any story from the forums can be included, so this is open to everybody! Reviews don’t have to be long essays detailing an entire story, just simple things that will help the author and help you build your skills (the original thread offers ideas on what to comment on and how to structure your review which can be a useful way for those who are uncertain.)

Now it is time to play! @AetherX will be the man in charge here, I am just laying down the rules, so bring your concerns to him but feel free to ask any moderators for help should you need it!

I will get things going by requesting a review for the Prologue of Dawn of Darkness. Remember to get involved and have fun!
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Review Game

Here you go, AceTrainer! I'm afraid I don't have a lot of experience reviewing fics, but I do my best. :)

As for my request, I'd like a review for the prologue and first chapter of my own Dawn of Darkness (my Fire Emblem fic), seeing as it's the only one of my posted fics that hasn't gotten any attention here so far. The prologue is really short, so don't worry much about that. You'll find the link to the thread in my sig.

Blog Entries

Very enjoyed the story so far, Kelleo. Here is my review: Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness

For my request, I'd love it if someone new could review the first chapter of my fic, Land of Monsters. Link is in my sig. Might need to read the prologue too to fully appreciate the story, but its not too long. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Blog Entries

Here is your review, Legacy.

I'd like someone to review the first chapter of my fic: You Win Some, You Lose Some. I'd prefer they review both the first chapters since they are sort of a part one, part two thing, but together they are longer than 7k words, so I'll understand if the next reviewer doesn't want to be committed to both.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Here is the review @NoirGrimoir;

Could someone please review the first chapter of Max's Hoenn Journey then. It's still being updated and into the 30s chapter wise, but I hope the first chapter is still enjoyable and it'll be useful for me to look at where I can develop and take my writing even further.
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

here ya go buddy

Deciding to change the fic for this game considering it has been a while, maybe this way the game will get moving again.

So I want a review for my newest fic Requiem:Gemini

It is 2155 words long.
    Last edited by Flaze; 5th March 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    harryheart likes this.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One review right hurr

I guess one for the first chapter of Unpredictable would be okay. I don't want to make anyone read too much :P

5,917 words anyway

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Here you go, AetherX.

My turn! Okay, I'd like a review of Chapter 1 of A Pokémon Story. As it happens, chapter 1 is the only one I've posted so far. :P

A Pokémon Story

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Review for A Pokémon Story is right here.

I'd take a review for a chapter of The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons, hope the chapters aren't too immense for anyone's liking.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently, it's fine to do this: Here's my review.

I'd like a review for the first two chapters of What History Hides, please. Collective word count is 2,729.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I hope you don't mind that I gave a review for all the chapters instead of the first two, but here you go.

I'd like a review for Heart of Crystal, please.
    Last edited by Feliciano; 13th April 2013 at 09:19 PM.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've heard you needed a review for your fic, Feli, so I gave you for the first three chapters: Link

I would like a review of at least the first chapter of my fic, Flames of a Revolutionary. Chapter 2 is not required but would be highly appreciated if it was done.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Here you go, Tophat! I hope I was helpful, despite having been sick today. :)

I'd like to request a review for Super Luigi: Battle Star Legend next, seeing as I plan to start updating it like heck soon due to motivation from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS. Also cause it's the Year of Luigi. ^^

The chapters in this one are also much shorter than those of my other fics, so reviewing up to chapter 3, if possible, will do. I don't believe it's as well written as the rest of my stuff since I had help on those, but I hope it's enjoyable anyway! The link is in my sig. :)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

@Kelleo; How detailed do you want the review? Do you want just a first impression once over or do you want details?
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 18th May 2013 at 01:03 PM.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

@LightningTopaz; A little of both, really. I'd like to know what the reviewer liked and what I should fix (not just grammar/spelling errors either). That's pretty much it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast