Really cool and clean web-based writing interface.

Thread: Really cool and clean web-based writing interface.

Default Really cool and clean web-based writing interface.

Hello, everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to share it, but I recently stumbled upon a really, really cool web-based writing interface, simply called "Writer". It's extremely clean, virtually distraction-free (especially if you go fullscreen with your browser), doesn't require any accounts or anything, and it's free.

LINK

You can also get it as a Chrome extension, here. This allows you to open it straight from the Chrome home screen.

Found on that link. It's really simple to use, has a slick and clean interface, and in general feels good to write on. It doesn't support formatting (bold, italic, etc.), but that's not really a big problem, and really a part of the charm

NOTE: You need cookies enabled for it to be able to save your progress.

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Really cool and clean web-based writing interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Hello, everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to share it, but I recently stumbled upon a really, really cool web-based writing interface, simply called "Writer". It's extremely clean, virtually distraction-free (especially if you go fullscreen with your browser), doesn't require any accounts or anything, and it's free.

LINK

You can also get it as a Chrome extension, here. This allows you to open it straight from the Chrome home screen.

Found on that link. It's really simple to use, has a slick and clean interface, and in general feels good to write on. It doesn't support formatting (bold, italic, etc.), but that's not really a big problem, and really a part of the charm

NOTE: You need cookies enabled for it to be able to save your progress.
    Nice! Good find.

When I'm writing I always prefer the simplistic and clean word processors to the bells and whistles of some of the classic programs.

Thanks for sharing!

Coming Soon...

I use Google docs when I write fics because I'm always switching between three different computers, and I already had a google account so it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah, that's what I typically do as well. But Writer is just so slick and neat.- And you can make an account easily and save your stuff online, so it's got all the same features regarding accessibility.