Plot Help: Travel Time

Thread: Plot Help: Travel Time

Default Plot Help: Travel Time

I have a feeling there's a thread for this already, but how long should it take for a character to get from one city to the next? We see it can take days in between towns for the anime heroes.

My White 2 Team

Blog Entries

Default Re: Plot Help: Travel Time

It depends on whether you want your world to feel claustrophobic or large and expansive. I generally shoot for a day or two on average while travelling on foot between towns, thought it also depends on how far apart the destination and the current place are.

A week can feel too long, unless you just skip the boringness that is travel and say "It's been a week since Character X has left Town Y and arrived in City Z, and now our heroes blah blah blah".

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    A week can feel too long, unless you just skip the boringness that is travel and say "It's been a week since Character X has left Town Y and arrived in City Z, and now our heroes blah blah blah".
    Yeah, it really depends on what happens in the time they travel not the time itself. For example you could have many events happen between two city or towns even though they're close to each other, while there could be two cities that are far apart, but nothing really happens so you just skip to the chase.

COMING SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Yeah, it really depends on what happens in the time they travel not the time itself. For example you could have many events happen between two city or towns even though they're close to each other, while there could be two cities that are far apart, but nothing really happens so you just skip to the chase.
    Oh I know that. Just look at how long it's taking Ash and Co. to get to Nimbasa. XDD

My White 2 Team