Plot Bunny Zoo - Page 5

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Plot Bunny Zoo

I've come up with quite a few ideas for Pokemon-based doujinshi over the years. Some of them I've stuck with, and will hopefully continue sticking with as I've gotten quite a ways into planning them out... a few others, however, haven't had much of anything planned out past the basic concepts. I could deem them canceled at this point, so anyone's free to take them. Here's one for now. I'll post a second canceled idea of mine later (two might've been all I had, but I forget).

I considered what Pocket Monsters would be like if it used a similar concept to Digimon Tamers: the real world is featured, right down to Pokemon being a popular media franchise, up until the monsters from said franchise start to manifest themselves into reality. Of course, Pokemon aren't like Digimon in the sense that they're living data that exists within networks, so a different approach would have to be used for the alternate worlds. In this story, I made it so that dimension-crossing is possible when an object represents one alternate world in the closest possible fashion, namely the data to a virtual game world. Pokemon are actually evil, territorial creatures that've been trying to claim another dimension for years. Psychic-type Pokemon, namely Mewtwo, act as their gang leaders because they were both able to confirm the existence of another world, as well as used their powers to slowly access the world. It all began several decades ago, when the psychic-types saw potential in our world's early development of computers, which could help form the perfect gate. They manipulated Satoshi Tajiri since his childhood (as well as others, like artist Ken Sugimori) in order to help create this gate.

Anyway, shortly after the perfected, supposedly final version of the Pocket Monsters video game (it would be a compilation game featuring all the regions and all Pokemon available up to the current generation... or, something new entirely if you wanna try making your own Pokemon, but that's something I'm personally against doing in my works) had just released, there had been reports of an amazing phenomena: upon encountering wild Koiking (Magikarp), players' DSes (or whatever made-up future portable) began to glow and open a portal that would release the Pokemon. People didn't make much of it at the time, and even allowed the Koiking to be introduced into the environment (they're not much of a threat to humans, though their occasional Tackle can hurt). However, over time, more Pokemon started to get through the gate, like early game bugs, birds, and rodents (the mechanics to the gate are similar to Yu Yu Hakusho: only weak monsters can get through at first, but over time, stronger monsters will start to appear as the gate widens).

The story takes place in some undecided district of Japan (more than likely Tokyo), not long after the Koiking started appearing (it's still being mentioned in the news, apparently). The protagonist, a teen-age boy, has sorta been out of the franchise since his childhood, with the original Red/Green games.... however, after much prompting from his friends (as well as an increased interest after the Koiking started appearing), he decided to get back into it with the new version. Upon starting his game, however, his DS also began to glow. Expecting another Koiking to appear, he instead got a distress message from Professor Ookido about the situation of Pokemon trying to break into their world (though, he might not explain all of it at first). After several attempts, humans finally managed to reach out to this dimension themselves, though only through a communication and transfer system. The truth is that Pokemon, being the terrorizing beings that they are, are usually hunted down by Trainers and brain-washed with the Monster Ball technology. Since Pokemon started appearing in our world, Ookido is concerned over the lack of Trainers, which is why he managed to establish a transfer system which reached out to a random DS. Because of the difficult of establishing this transfer system, Ookido has to ensure a trainer status to a single person for the time being, and thankfully, the protagonist accepts.

The trainer receives some Monster Balls (and maybe a Pokemon-tracking device), and before long, he captures a Poppo (Pidgey) without even having to weaken it. He's very fond of the Poppo because it reminds him of the very first Pokemon he caught way back in the day, which ended being on his main team (and likewise, in the story, it would've been his main Pokemon and eventually evolve into a Pigeot, which he would fly around the city). For some reason, I considered using some secret identity motif and have him treating this a bit lightly and overdramatize himself as a hero, sorta like The Great Saiyaman... but there would be a few problems to this (namely why couldn't Ookido have him inform his friends and have Monster Balls widely distributed? And why keep it a secret? In any case, I guess I liked the idea of Trainers being scarce).... I might've also made the transfer system one-way only for a while, giving the protagonist problems in early chapters when he has to find a place to store all his excess Monster Balls.

I had a few vague plots in mind as well... later story arcs would involve him running into other people who managed to be Trainers, some of which were evil (or environmentalists) and worked towards the Pokemon's cause (this story does seem like one of those "chosen warriors" type scenarios, but I always find it a bit cheesey when they're all inherently on one side and never have any conflict, if not being outright antagonists). The main character talking with Satoshi Tajiri about the situation would've definitely been used at some point, and an even later arc would've involved the trainers going into the Pokemon world (or perhaps the humans from the Pokemon world finally create a gate wide enough to get themselves through... or maybe both could occur, I don't know). The first chapter would've probably involved the hero (who already has his Poppo... his afforementioned background could be done with a flashback to allow the first chapter to get right into things) going to an apartment building that became overrun with bug Pokemon, which is probably the first reported situation of the Pokemon becoming an actual threat (Habunake might like this since he could involve Korobooshi, maybe turn one of his captures into a main team member). The first real difficult battle for the protagonist would come when one of the Koiking evolved into a Gyarados. I also had in mind for a hacker to get several Mew on his game only to end up releasing all of them into the real world later on (but then, if the latest games are supposed to be a perfect representation of the Pokemon world, why is Mew still unobtainable through normal methods? And why would there be more than one legendary in the other dimension? As you can see, I left a number of holes in these ideas ^^'... though, I kinda like the idea of legendaries NOT seeming like they're one-of-a-kind for once, which is probably why I considered it in the first place).

I think that's about all I had... with that, feel free to use any, if not all, of these concepts. Be sure to PM me if you do post it... though I don't usually read other people's fics, I might be interested simply because I came up with the concept.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Default Oh Really?

Well thank you for the compliment Satoshi Ketchum, I would love to see your fanfic and your art works if you don't mind me asking for the 'html' I'm currently entering several forums for some inspiration on the continuation of my fanfic: The Final Journey myself. If any of you have any suggestions then i welcome them thank you... ^_^

I had an idea of a parody of Charles Dickin's A Christmas Carol as a 1 time fic for Christmas. Cyrus would be scruge and the Lake trio would be the Ghosts of Xmas past, future and presant.

It would take place the Christmas after Galactic fell apart.

Hi I am ttyo888, a new member to your wonderful forum.

I had this idea of making a Pokemon Movie but this is not the novel adaptation of Pokemon the First Movie but rather an alternative universe of the anime. I was on the idea that what if they made an action life Pokemon Movie something like what the 2007 Transformer Movie. That means it's inspired by the anime but a whole new universe together.

My idea was inspired by the environmental issues of today's Earth and the aftermath. Day after Tommorow was a further inspiration.

A spoiler for you guys to help me

"It is the year 2050, due to pollution and carbon emissions by humans, Earth was sent into an Age of Climatic Chaos causing a premature ice age. Mankind struggled between the status of being endangered and extinct. And then a century later in the year 2150, the climatic chaos ended but the damage was irreversible. 95% of the flora and fauna have gone extinct."

Now the BIG problem was that whether a young Samuel Oak or a Alternative Universe Ash Ketchum should be the main character since in this universe Pokemon were like just "introduced" and people had no idea that they exist. Wild Pokemon encounters were not too friendly like in the games and there is a bit of blood involved. And there was no such thing as Pokemon Training. The Main character however will change things.

And on the setting of the world; most of the people at that time only knew domesticated animals and there were no such things as zoos since 95% of the animal species went extinct in the last ice age. I bet my two buck that if you were to ask the people in this universe "What is a Tiger?" They will be have big question mark hovering over their heads.

But I need opinions of this idea and also feedback on some of the things.
    Last edited by ttyo888; 25th December 2007 at 09:47 AM.

Well it sounds like it would probably be pretty good. If so many animals are gone people might try to catch and eat the Pokemon though. I would just switch between Ash and Oak's viewpoints and make them both main characters.

*insert out-of-date pokemon-related signature here*

Well the Pokemon World in my case, some animals did survive but mostly those that did are at the bottom of the food chain. Some of the good-willed scientists dutifilly resurrected the true animals. But animals are weaker than Pokemon some animals get outcompeted by their Genetically Enhanced counterparts.

Well the story goes when scientists found an abandoned lab from former times that contained the DNA of every animals and plant that lived prior to the New Ice Age.
    The scientists who found it ,Rowan, Oak and Birch are actually working for a global govt called the Earth Federation. But Oak quit cause he is against the Fed's idea of making creatures that can survive another Ice Age.

Then as the Fed's ambition continued unchecked, so Pokemon being well designed to replace the animals so you can guess the result.
    Last edited by ttyo888; 3rd January 2008 at 07:31 AM.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I have this idea I really want to do, but I'm not sure how to continue it past this:

Ash and co. (not sure who, probably Brock and Dawn) are travelling through Sinnoh. Ash has earned all 8 badges, but the Sinnoh League doesn't begin for a while, so he and Brock have been going around with Dawn (or May, possibly) to her contests. The problem is, she's become a complete failure at them, but she doesn't want to admit it and keeps on trying. While on the road, and just as they're considering camping out in the middle of nowhere, they come upon a house that looks like it's fashoned after a ranch. All kinds of pokemon are out in the fenced-in field, as well as a woman who's maybe in her early twenties. Ash and co. ask to stay the night -- the woman's got a bit of an attitude problem, but agrees to let them stay.

Well, May (looking more and more like I want it to be her) notices that, of all the woman's pokemon, there are very few species of Hoenn pokemon, and those species that are there are also common in Sinnoh. It turns out that the woman used to be a Champion level trainer, but she never went to the Hoenn region because her boyfriend somehow died while travelling there a few years back. Since then, she's given up being a trainer, but can't bear to release her pokemon, so they all live outside of their pokeballs with her on the ranch.

I want her and either May or Dawn (whoever it ends up being) to sort of help each other out -- one with her contests, the other with her grief and being a trainer again. It won't really be an Ash-centered story, unless I end up shipping (which, given my relative newness back into pokemon fics, probably won't happen), and even then, the focus will be mostly on the woman and Ash's travelling companion.

Anyone have any ideas on how to link it all up? Or, if someone wants, they can let me know and write it themselves. I only accept PMs from people on my buddy list, though, so it'll have to be here because I'm internet paraniod about stuff like that.
    Last edited by Feliciano; 10th January 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a couple of ideas, Ari, and I really like your plot. I wouldn't particularily like to write it on my own, but I'd love to try and co-write it with you.

Lost and Confused... MangaBottle's Avatar

I've always wondered about the history of the Pokemon world, and by that I mean political and cultural history. I mean, what kind of Pokeballs did they use in the Edo period? If a pokemon's trainer was a samurai, would've commited sekkepu with it's trainer? Did regions go to war with each other?
    One of the ideas I have is that the Pokemon League wasn't a simple contest, but a method of settling tribal disputes without bloodshed, and the Champion was akin to a shogun or something. Oh, and Ranger were originally a cult of pacifist-monks! :)
    Yeah, a historical drama pokemon fanfic would be so cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Sakaki drank in Pikachu series, that's why became so... happy in first Movie Adaptation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    You mean the shots where it looks like he's channeling the Joker?

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

Hey, guys. For those don't know OUTSIDE the forums, I'm Issac Williams from the Library. I probably had the only normal name in the entire Library.
    Anyway, those of you who read my fic "Pokemon: Souls of Eternity" before the Library closed, thank you. For those of you who's thinking that I'm a psycho, I'd better explain.

In a alternate universe, one without Ash and co., there resides a Trainer who made the history books - the youngest Trainer ever to get a college diploma. However, he gets into a fight with a guy who dissed his dizygotic (fraturnal) twin sister. He then kicks the sucker right into a wall 19 ft. away. 5 minutes later, a couple of Officer Jennies came to arrest Travis. However, Travis (the main character) bolted at around 60 mph. After 3 hours of chase, he returns home, slightly out of breath. When he was flipping through the channels, his mom surprised him and gave him a strange contraption she called the Fusion Unit (reason why the series has "Souls" in the title). Travis then leaves Twinleaf for adventure. Along the way to Sandjem, he meets a Chimchar named Son Goku. After they had an apple, a huge shadow fell over them. When they looked up, it was a huge swarm of Beedrill and Combee. Travis then grabbed Goku, than ran to warn Sandjem.
    The next episode explains Olivia Chorcino, Travis' younger twin sister. After her friend Manny finds a beaten-up Piplup near some trash cans, the antogonists of Sandjem arrive. Olivia askes her whys Paris' is here (yes, I am making a reference to Paris Hilton), and she points to the Piplup. The Piplup suddenly gets up, jumps on Olivia's head, and demands that Paris frees his father. She then tells them that the Royale (his full name is Royale Domingeze de la Pinguino II [Pinguino means penguin in Spanish] - he said his name in a rant) was too weak, unlike his father, Royale I. Finally having enough of Paris and her little posse, Olivia fired a Hydro Pump (the Olympians can use Pokemon attacks) at them. She threatens the group to give them back Royale I, otherwise, the Police will find 6 frozen corpes (she was preparing an Ice Beam to prove her point. No sooner after Paris gave Olivia Royale I (in a Ultra Ball), the super swarm strikes. The air is filled with Beedrill and Combee. Trainers visiting Sandjem helped by fighting the swarm. Olivia helped and she saw Travis throwing fire balls (Travis has fire, Olivia has water and ice). Travis noticed that the swarm was mostly concentrated around Rowen's lab. Royale I came out of his Ultra Ball and fires a Hydro Cannon. The swarm starts to dissiapates, with considerably lesser numbers. When they entered the lab, they find from their cousin Lucas that Rowen was kidnapped by a Vespiquin. Travis then plots a plan (borderlining suicidial) to defeat Vespiquin and rescue Rowen.

And that's where I left off when the Library closed.

Time for a history lesson!

In the games, Mewtwo escaped the lab on Cinnabar and fled to the Unknown Dungeon. Mewtwo is a Legendary Pokemon.

The president of Silph Co has a Master Ball. It can catch any Pokemon, even Legendaries, without fail.

Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, has the Earth Badge. It can make any Pokemon obey you regardless of level.

Team Rocket takes over Silph, steals the Master Ball, and uses it to catch Mewtwo. And the Earth Badge makes him obey Giovanni.
    Last edited by lalalei2001; 24th August 2008 at 01:48 AM.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    In the games, Mewtwo escaped Team Rocket's genetic labs on Cinnabar
    That's where you're wrong. In the games, Mewtwo's creation is never connected with Team Rocket.

One can extrapolate quite easily (as most of the expanded canons have), but insofar as what we discover in the games, there's no stated connection.

But exploring the power of the Earth Badge (or any 8th badge for that matter) would be awesome.

Umm, hi? I came up with an idea for a fic, and I need to know if it's a good idea, overused, etc.

My general idea is that it takes place in the same world as the games, specifically Sapphire or Emerald, only one hundred years later. If you play the games, you know in Sapphire and Emerald, Team Aqua eventually disbands, never to be heard from again.

The idea itself is that Archie continued to study the sea, especially its mythology. Eventually, he stumbles upon a truth: A
    relationship between Kyogre, Manaphy, and Phione. According to his findings, Kyogre is the King of The Sea, and during
    Kyogre's dormant states, Manaphy inherits the title of 'King of the Sea' and the loyalty of all sea dwwlling Pokémon, along
    with a boost in power. Kyogre can't die, but Manaphy can. So, if Kyogre is dormant and Manaphy dies, the title, loyalty, and
    power is inherited by Phione, who is a very young, by legendary Pokémon standards, and naive.

In my 'fic's current time, one of Archie's descendants, whom I will refer to as D, finds his research papers. D grew up loving the immaculate beauty of the sea, finding solace there. She begins to develop a plan to kill Manaphy, and manipulate Phione in such a way it believes its doing the right thing with its own choice, but D is really in control, so she can control the thing that mattered to her most as a child.

Well, my main character, whom I call A, learns of their plot, and for a reason I've yet to decide, feels he needs to save Phione. So, he has to fight through their ranks, and try to convince Phione that its hurting innocent people, not avenging Manaphy, and that Team Aqua is the one that killed Manaphy.

This last part, I'm sure you'll dislike, but it's an OT 'fic. Sorry, but that's how I planned it out, so it'll start out with him collecting badges, before it gets to the Team Aqua 'arc', similar to Butterfree's TQFL. In case it isn't clear, I'm not planning on A collecting eight badges, competing in an anime-style league, and then fighting Team Aqua. It's more like four or five badges, mainly for the purpose of allowing him to become stronger, and then focus on defeating Team Aqua.

I appreciate any and all help, which is something I need.
    ...Forty Two?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That sounds pretty cool. How far in the future is this?

I HAVE NO USER TITLE!!! Ascaris's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He said hundred years.

But yeah, it's pretty cool.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast