A new idea.

Thread: A new idea.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Post A new idea.

Basically, it revolves around Mew - kinda.

Mew is a Pokémon who finds itself chased by the remnants of the former Team Rocket. Having run out of options as the grunts are getting closer to getting him he transforms into another wild Pokémon. At the same time it runs into an average trainer who's attempting to catch some new Pokémon for his team but has bad luck getting any.

Due to fact that Mew can still be traced by the team due the microchip implant inside of its body - the Pokémon decides to be captured by human and much to its luck the Poké Ball conceals the signal the chip has been emitting. However its aware of the fact that every time Mew leaves the Poké Ball that signal might active again. Basically, Mew decides to let itself get caught by a human while transforming into a different random wild Pokémon whom anyone would mistake for weak. The main character who's having bad luck in catching Pokémon manages to capture Mew/Pokémon. The boy has no idea he owns one of the most unique and powerful Pokémon in the world and Mew would like it to stay that way.

And yeah, there are the bad guys who will do anything to get Mew.

So yeah - what do you think of this? xD

Blog Entries

Default Re: A new idea.

If I were that Mew, I'd morph into a Magikarp or Feebas or something. That way I'd never get called upon and Team Rocket would never find me.

It's a unique idea, I'll give you that. I'd read it, if only to see how it's executed. There are a lot of correct ways to do a story like this, but there are also many more incorrect ways as well.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

First off, thanks for you comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    If I were that Mew, I'd morph into a Magikarp or Feebas or something. That way I'd never get called upon and Team Rocket would never find me.
    Haha, I know! That's what so awesome is about Mew, he can basically turn into any Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    It's a unique idea, I'll give you that. I'd read it, if only to see how it's executed. There are a lot of correct ways to do a story like this, but there are also many more incorrect ways as well.
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. This thing could go wrong in so many different ways if not treated right. You see, the thing is - I planned on doing the story with one part being from Mew's POV, then one being the trainers POV and then authors POV. I'm not sure whether that would make the story complicated or I should just stick to the 3rd face/authors POV?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I like the sound of this storyline, and I'm interested to see how it builds up and works out. I do like a series that has a few subplots: got any of those planned for it?

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

The idea's interesting, I'd give you that. Personally, I think writing it in Mew's POV would be nicer/better. This way, you could really elaborate on what he's feeling. Maybe a switch to either the boy's POV or the 3rd-person style from time to time - like, say for example, during battles where Mew is stuck in his Pokeball, or when we focus on Team Rocket (though I think it'd be best if you stick to only two style - Mew's POV being the main, and either one of the boy or the author's POV). I'd probably choose 3rd-Person style over the boy's POV so that I'd be able to write about what Team Rocket is secretly doing.

~MM

PS. Yeah, I'd read it 'cos I'm intrigued as to how this will unfold.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I like the sound of this storyline, and I'm interested to see how it builds up and works out. I do like a series that has a few subplots: got any of those planned for it?
    Subplot? Not sure, but I had in mind a second team emerging who also wants to capture Mew but for entirely different purposes. I also need to think off other characters.

Thank you guys for your feedback.

@MuddyMudkip - yeah, I think I will stick to Mew's POV and the authors POV. :D

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think this sounds like a really, really cool idea for the story.

Of course, you'd have to basically write two separate stories for it to be executed well.

The main plot of the boy's adventure and the Mew v. TR plot would have to be almost entirely independent of one another to make the most out of the plot.

Also, I think you'd be better off having Mew be a Rattata since it is practically the epitome of a useless Pokemon. Would be interesting to see the boy desperate to evolve his Rattata and unable to understand why it isn't evolving. (Would Mew transform into a Raticate to spare his feelings perhaps?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I think this sounds like a really, really cool idea for the story.
    Thanks, I was actually hoping people would like it. xP

Of course, you'd have to basically write two separate stories for it to be executed well.The main plot of the boy's adventure and the Mew v. TR plot would have to be almost entirely independent of one another to make the most out of the plot.
    Well I meant it more along the lines of the story starting with Mew being chased by the grunts and then running into the trainer. That way I wouldn't have to drag it out for too long and could have the capture happen immediately. Since I also planned the start the story from Mew's POV it would basically be some sort of shortcut. Mew could basically tell the story of what happened and then the action would move to the present time where he meets the boy. That way I could also use the opportunity of having a Pokémon like Mew look into the behavior of a human and tell us readers how the humans act from the POV of the wild Pokémon.

I don't know though, I'll think about it.

Also, I think you'd be better off having Mew be a Rattata since it is practically the epitome of a useless Pokemon. Would be interesting to see the boy desperate to evolve his Rattata and unable to understand why it isn't evolving. (Would Mew transform into a Raticate to spare his feelings perhaps?)
    Lol, now that would be hilarious. I think there's a high possibility of Mew morphing into a Rattata. But wouldn't a trainer want a rarer Pokémon? I know that having an uncommon Pokémon would be suspicious especially around the Rockets but the trainer himself needs to be interested into a Pokémon. What I'm trying to say is - I'd like to have Mew turn into a Pokémon any regular trainer would catch but not a newbie trainer.

Unless Rattata wields over a powerful move it can't usually learn which is why the trainer decides to get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Lol, now that would be hilarious. I think there's a high possibility of Mew morphing into a Rattata. But wouldn't a trainer want a rarer Pokémon? I know that having an uncommon Pokémon would be suspicious especially around the Rockets but the trainer himself needs to be interested into a Pokémon. What I'm trying to say is - I'd like to have Mew turn into a Pokémon any regular trainer would catch but not a newbie trainer.

Unless Rattata wields over a powerful move it can't usually learn which is why the trainer decides to get it.
    Ohhhhh, I see! You could just make it something somewhat rare or unusual like a Nidoran? You could play up how rare it is in your story too. Would also be quite hilarious to see Mew pressured into evolving to appease its trainer, particularly as a Moon Stone is brought to it as a Nidorino where it is starting to realise that its cover is actually not very good since it's attracting the attention of the Rockets anyway but it doesn't want to disappoint the kid by not evolving or abandoning him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

Ohhhhh, I see! You could just make it something somewhat rare or unusual like a Nidoran? You could play up how rare it is in your story too. Would also be quite hilarious to see Mew pressured into evolving to appease its trainer, particularly as a Moon Stone is brought to it as a Nidorino where it is starting to realise that its cover is actually not very good since it's attracting the attention of the Rockets anyway but it doesn't want to disappoint the kid by not evolving or abandoning him?

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's what I was aiming. Perhaps a Jigglypuff? XD

Anyway, thanks for you ideas - they're really helpful!

Interesting... but don't you think it'd be more practical if mew were to somehow comunicate with that trainer, I mean while mew is with him he is going to be in danger's way (in this case team rocket or whatever).

Also don't you think the trainer will get suspicious of the fact that he's being targeted right after he caught the "wild" pokemon.

COMING SOON!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I think this is a great idea for a story! My first thought was to have some other team as well, but it looks like you already thought of that. I'm thinking of a team that are actually good guys that want to protect Mew or use it for good purposes, but Mew doesn't know that.

Perhaps the boy gets suspicious after every single TM he uses works on the Pokemon, assuming you're going with game canon?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Interesting... but don't you think it'd be more practical if mew were to somehow comunicate with that trainer, I mean while mew is with him he is going to be in danger's way (in this case team rocket or whatever).
    Even then, Mew would be tracked by Team Rocket. Having Mew transform into a wild Pokémon and get captured would be much safer, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Also don't you think the trainer will get suspicious of the fact that he's being targeted right after he caught the "wild" pokemon.
    He won't be targeted RIGHT after, but even so - they will have no proof that the boy is in question. Every time Mew is sent out - the signal appears. The opposite happens when its withdrawn in the Pokéball. It will be only the matter of time when they realize that the Mew actually got itself caught and they notice the pattern of the same boy being in their area at the same time.

I honestly think the trainer would be more suspicious of the fact that his Pokémon won't battle or knows a move it would never be able to learn. XD

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    I think this is a great idea for a story! My first thought was to have some other team as well, but it looks like you already thought of that. I'm thinking of a team that are actually good guys that want to protect Mew or use it for good purposes, but Mew doesn't know that.
    Something along that lines, but not exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Perhaps the boy gets suspicious after every single TM he uses works on the Pokemon, assuming you're going with game canon?
    Oh, I never actually used the TM concept in my stories so I dunno how that'd work out. o.o