Need help with motivation...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gama
  • 1 Post By Madara Uchiha

Thread: Need help with motivation...

Default Need help with motivation...

I haven't posted for a few months. I don't know why, but I feel like no one is reading anymore. Any ideas?
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help with motivation...

It's easy to get unmotivated to write because you feel like people aren't reading your stuff and I know it can make it really hard to write but there's a few things to remember.

First of all, you're writing for you. Did you start the story so that people would cover you in glory and call you awesome or did you start it because you thought of a cool idea and thought it'd be fun to write? I'm thinking probably more the latter.

Right, now even that is easy to say but it can still be depressing when no one seems to be reading your stuff. One thing to remember is that a lot of people read and don't reply. Annoying, I know, but people don't always have something to say.

Now I suppose the last thing you're asking is how to get more readers. First of all, one thing I would recommend most people to do is to stick a link to their fic in their signature. There's no rules against that. Also, once you've got a link in your sig that makes your fic sound awesome, be sure to go and read and reply to other people's fics.

The most important thing, though, is not to obsess over readers. You'll make yourself crazy that way, trust me. If you put the effort into your writing here, people will read it.
    Madara Uchiha likes this.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get a new chapter by the end of the week.
    Gama likes this.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Blog Entries

Keep it up!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I admit to having the writing blahs right now myself, but mainly due to the holidays and writer's block
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

/人◕‿‿◕人\ I need the booty GloomyHaruka's Avatar
    Follow GloomyHaruka On Twitter
    Follow GloomyHaruka on Tumblr

Hmmmm if your having a writer's black because you feel like you have no reader's, here are a few ways on how to get more reader's. c:
    The first thing you can do, is post the link of (the fic you are working on, or the one you like) your fic in your signature.:3 You can also have a nice banner, so your signature captures people's attention.:D
    If you don't know how to make one, you can always request one at a shop.:3
    Another thing on what you can do is join more communities, like FanFiction.net or threads here on Bulbagarden.:D
    If your known more around some communities, people will recognize your name. Especially if you join certain communities that relate to your fanfic. So for example, let's say it's on a specific shipping. Join threads that relate to the shipping that your fanfic is about.
    More people will be interested.~
    (Sorry I know I suck at explaining.xD)
    And lastly, you have to read other fanfics.
    If you go (let's say FF.net) and read other people's stories and leave reviews, then the author may come and check out your stories.;3
    There are so many people on the net that it's hard to read/see everything. So don't get discouraged.:3

But remember, write for yourself!!! If you don't, it's just not fun.:c Not to mention pretty shallow if you only write for fame and glory.> . >
    LOL.
    Anyway, I suck at explaining things.xD And I apologize for wasting your time with my sad excuse of a paragraph.; n ;
    Also @Gastly's Mama is right.xD Often people read and don't reply.; 0 ; Sometimes people go on sites like FF.net and read there all the time. But they don't even have accounts there, so they can't leave reviews all the time.xD LOL. Trust me, I used to do that too.; u ; LOLOLOL.
    + Banner && icon made by me! +

+DA+Art Blog+FF+Tumblr+Advancers+