My idea for an American live action Pokemon movie.

Thread: My idea for an American live action Pokemon movie.

Blog Entries

Default My idea for an American live action Pokemon movie.

The Pokemon are back in the first live action American-made blockbuster film based off the video games, trading cards, and anime.

The plot revolves around a young boy named Ash Ketchum(played by Logan Lerman) who gets his own Pokemon named Pikachu and they meet Misty(Victoria Justice) and Brock(David Del Rio) and they discover that an evil Pokemon named Mewtwo is turning Pokemon against their trainers and humanity using dark energy and is building his own army to rule the world. So, they enlist the help of Mew. Now, it's up to Mew, Ash Misty Brock Pikachu and Misty and Brocks Pokemon to stop Mewtwos plot. It has CGI Pokemon.

==Cast==
    Logan Lerman as Ash
    Victoria Justice as Misty
    David Del Rio as Brock
    Liam Neeson voices Mew
    Frank Welker voices Mewtwo
    Rachel Lillis(I THINK she was the original voice of Pikachu) voices Pikachu

==Plot==
    The movie begins with scientists at a Pokemon research lab trying to clone a new Pokemon using Mew's DNA, but it goes arwry and creates a Pokemon named Mewtwo, realizes he was nothing but an experiment. Mewtwo turns evil and lays waste to the lab, and busts out of the building(not without blowing it up first). Then he escapes to build a new army. Mewtwo then discovers a Dark stone that can corrupt Pokemon and make people do their bidding. He steals it and harnesses its power. Meanwhile a boy named Ash Ketchum, who lives in the city of Pallet Town, a town near San Francisco, who is about to get his first Pokemon for his birthday. He gets a Pokemon named Pikachu. At first, Pikachu doesn't like Ash, but then after a little bit, Ash grows on Pikachu and they become best friends.

They decide to set out to become the greatest Pokemon trainer ever. They manage to catch a Pidgey. They get attacked by wild Pokemon, but are saved by Brock and, Misty, 2 gym leaders. They have a Blastoise, an Onix, a Staryu and a Geodude. They become impressed by Ash's style, so they tag along on his adventure. When Ash, Misty, Brock, and their Pokemon get to Saffron City, they notice something weird. The Pokemon have been acting strange. They suspect something is going on and go to find clues. They go to a brilliant scientist The scientist's name named Lance, and the gang asks him what's going on. He says he's been researching a prophecy predicted by the Mayans that the end of mankind will one day come in the form of an evil Pokemon named Mewtwo is corrupting Pokemon with a Dark Stone and turning them against humanity to take over the world. The Prophecy also says that there is a good and incredibly wise Pokemon just as powerful as Mewtwo named Mew, the Pokemon whose DNA was used to create Mewtwo. They set out to find Mew. They don't know Mewtwo, who was watching his work, spots the gang trying to find Mew. Mewtwo decides he must not allow them to find Mew. He attacks the gang, but they are saved by Mew. A battle ensues and Mew fends off Mewtwo.

After a talk with Ash, Misty, Brock, and the gang, Mew agrees to help and uses his telepathy to see in the future. This helps him inform the gang that Mewtwo is getting ready to lead an invasion on San Fransisco. Mewtwo arrives in San Francisco when he and his army march across the Golden Gate Bridge and launches a full-scale assult on the city. The military arrive to try to fight the mind-controlled Pokemon, but the military are eventually overwhelmed by the marauding creatures. Mew, Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu and the rest of the gang are arrive in the city when Mew teleports them there, but they are attacked by Zapdos and Raichu. Pikachu battles Raichu on the ground, and Mew battles Zapdos in the sky, but then the 2 Pokemon crash onto the Los Angeles freeway and continue their fight there, destroying property in the process. Mew then defeats Zapdos and Pikachu defeats Raichu.

Then the gang arrive in the city. it's a massive all out brawl in the city of San Fransisco, as Ash's Misty and Brock's other Pokemon, Onix, Blastoise and they battle the corrupted Pokemon while Mew battles Mewtwo and Onix battles a corrupted Gyrados. (The battles goes on with Pokemon beating each other up and fighting, smashing parts of the city in process. It also contains explosions and cars getting destroyed and flung around and buildings getting damaged in the battle). Pikachu and Geodude fight a bunch of Pokemon under Mewtwo's influence again and Mewtwo and Mew continue their battle, but when it seems like Mewtwo is about to gain the upper hand, Pikachu arrives to help and Mewtwo is killed when Mew, Pikachu and Charizard unleash their elemental powers on him. Then all the Pokemon are free from Mewtwo's control and Ash and everyone else that helped is considered a hero to all. Mew then vows that he and his new friends will defend humanity from any threat that comes by. And the credits roll.

The Pokemon in this film need to be CGI and the building and destruction effects(except the cars) need to be CGI too. It also needs to stay true to the elements to the video games and the anime. The movie should also be in Real D 3D and Imax 3D, so the movie needs the best 3-D it can get. It should be a PG-13 movie. I actually want to make this movie real someday.

What do you think?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My idea for an American live action Pokemon movie.

Ideas for stories should be posted in the Writer's Block not in the main Writer's Workshop.

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

o_o;

in all due respect, I don't think it's going to be easy, if even possible, to attempt a Live-action Pokemon movie and make it good... a CGI movie would be seriously pushing it already, and odds are most of us Pokemaniacs are just so used to how the series is portrayed in the anime or manga it would be too jarring to see a live-action adaptation...

Blog Entries

I agree. This is a cool, well-thought out idea on your part, but a real live-action Pokemon movie just wouldn't work in my opinion.

The fantastic nature of the creatures themselves would sort of appear really forced and unrealistic as they are portrayed here. I'm being sort of hypocritical because I'm attempting to write a more realistic style of fanfic, but I think there's something about seeing real life human actors alongside the colorful and cartoonish creatures would be a little weird. And some people have said you can make the Pokemon more realistic looking to match, but that would look equally as strange and forced (anyone remember Yoshii in the old live-action Mario Bros. movie?).

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I saw a youtube video entitled Apokelypse or something some time ago which was a trailer for a live action Pokemon movie. It actually looked surprisingly good. Some of the Pokemon looked a bit weird but on the whole it looked awesome. And it was hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I saw a youtube video entitled Apokelypse or something some time ago which was a trailer for a live action Pokemon movie. It actually looked surprisingly good. Some of the Pokemon looked a bit weird but on the whole it looked awesome. And it was hilarious.
    I saw that too, and yeah it looked kind of cool, but honestly, it sort of reaffirmed my point. It just looks cheesy when you see actual live actors talking about Pokemon and coexisting alongside obviously CGI'd Pokemon. Obviously this is just an opinion of mine though.

Blog Entries

I think going the pure CGI route like with Pixar is the best bet. Not to mention a lot of the pokémon look fucking hideous or downright terrifying in live action.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Quote Originally Posted by gzilla45 View Post
    Rachel Lillis(I THINK she was the original voice of Pikachu) voices Pikachu
    Actually, Rachel Lillis was Misty and Jessie's voice actor - among others.

Pikachu's voice actor is a bit different. Because Pikachu simply says variants of its name in speech, its original voice actor was never changed. Pikachu is voiced by Ikue Ohtani.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

If a live-action Pokémon film is ever made, it should be based on the games, taking elements from the anime only where necessary. That means Red should be the hero, not Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Not to mention a lot of the pokémon look [...] downright terrifying in live action.
    Which is exactly why they need to appear in live-action/CGI. Pokémon could stand to be taken a little more seriously, given the fact that it's the only thing standing in the way of the considerably darker Zelda being Nintendo's number two franchise.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.