Looking for inspiration for a small scene

Thread: Looking for inspiration for a small scene

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Default Looking for inspiration for a small scene

Hi. I haven't updated my first fic in almost two months because there's one small scene I want to add. I've been putting it off and off, before I realized that we have this wonderful thing called The Writer's Block. And then I promptly forgot about it for a few days. And now here I am. I'd appreciate any help.
    Basically, here's the scene: the story's archvillain's right hand man ("Hadis") has just blasted off. Hadis is a cold, rigid villain who was born to command troops. In the story ("Weapon") I don't exactly call him a murderer, but it's implied that he has metaphorical on his hands. I had this idea where he lands in some isolated place and finds someone watching him, almost as if expecting him. The person waiting is... I don't know who the person waiting is. That's the main problem. It could be someone from the Pokemon World, it could be someone from the real world, it could be someone completely made up. What I DO know about this person is that he/she seems like they've learned the lessons of life the hard way. They know through some supernatural force exactly who Hadis is and what he's done. Ideally they would be sinners like Hadis (in an ethical sense, not really religiously) but have realized the error of their ways. They might even be a spirit of someone who has already died. Anyway, he/she and Hadis have a short conversation about what Hadis is going to do now, which is doing penance for his sins. That's the second problem - what should be his punishment? Should it involve helping others? I imagine the scene to be pretty solemn right up until the end, where I want to add a humorous moment (the kind where Hadis would scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" drmatically). I think I can take care of the humor part, but I'm really struggling with 1) who the person besides Hadis is and 2) what Hadis' punishment will be.

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Ankh-Morporkian Citizen. The Patrician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow The Patrician On Twitter

Default Re: Looking for inspiration for a small scene

Morgan Freeman was the first person that came to mind. Then a man dressed as Darkrai. Then I got an idea.

The person your character meets is someone that meets the criteria you stated earlier but as punishment/penance, he has been given the form of a Darkrai. He has none of the powers but people would fear him/not trust him/ run away screaming from him.

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Looking for inspiration for a small scene

What a great idea! I think I might use that Darkrai idea, but have him speak with Morgan Freeman's voice xD Thanks a bunch.

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."