Introducing a new story.

Thread: Introducing a new story.

Blog Entries

Post Introducing a new story.

Besides my current story, I decided that I needed something else.

Something fresh, something new - a brand new project.

Thus, I decided to write a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon story but with my very own twist on it. Pretty much, the story revolves around a Pokémon who finds himself awakening in a colorful grass field with no memories whatsoever. Though before he can fully regain his consciousnesses and get accustomed to his body, he is taken by two other Pokémon who bring him to the king where he's deemed for a spy and an intruder from the Black Kingdom.

Not wishing to take any harmful risks, they make the decision of executing the stranger.

The story takes place in an universe where the land has been divided in two major parts - the beautiful and grassy lands of White Kingdom Achillea and the somewhat darker and deserted lands of Black Kindgom Ishkur. The kingdoms have been in war ever since their very establishments as their rivalry burst even more with an emergence of mysterious dungeons 500 years ago.

Teams of explorers began forming soon taking on the role of the kingdom's army upon encountering the enemy teams.

However, the mystery chambers aren't the only ones holding a secret. The main character, a Pokémon with no past, unknowingly holds a secret that can threaten the existence of both kingdoms as well as their land. Mysteriously emerging in a dark world of lies and deception, he joins an explorer team, unaware of the greatest danger that is slumbering within himself - his own memories.

- - -

That's pretty much the premise, haha, I'll do my best to get this posted! ^^

What do you think?

Default Re: Introducing a new story.

huh, retains the signature intro of the series, with a sudden jerk into the action with a sudden capture and a decision of execution... yikes, definitely not going to go slow here.

looks good to me... though "war" and "Explore" don't feel like they fit easily well together, and it seems uncertain what kind of team said protagonist will be part of... I guess the story's still being brainstormed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix502 View Post
    huh, retains the signature intro of the series, with a sudden jerk into the action with a sudden capture and a decision of execution... yikes, definitely not going to go slow here.
    I feel like all of the Mystery Dungeon games start off so innocently. I mean, you're found on the beach by a person who's eventually going to become your best friend. A silly Diglett checks your feet and assumes you are someone innocent and then you suddenly form an explorer team with the guy who found you? :/

I want to do it differently.

I want something darker and twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix502 View Post
    looks good to me... though "war" and "Explore" don't feel like they fit easily well together, and it seems uncertain what kind of team said protagonist will be part of... I guess the story's still being brainstormed?
    Yes, I still have to brainstorm that one out.

Let's call it rivalry, despite the fact that a war happened between the two in the long past. The two are still in conflicts and each is still figuring out a way to take down the opponent. Naturally, both factions have teams of explorers who hunt down the treasures and rare items so conflicts occur adding even more fuel to their on-going feud.

Basically, a war is going to break out soon.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why not just call the "explorers" "guilds"?

Anyway, sounds like an interesting story you're thinking about, as well as being more dark than the games.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

This could be interesting. Not many people hybridize a war story with PMD. Good luck!
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion