EVERYONE: Idea for my RSE adaptation fic in the works.

Thread: Idea for my RSE adaptation fic in the works.

Blog Entries

Default Idea for my RSE adaptation fic in the works.

For my fic-in-progress, Pokemon Adventures: Advanced Generation, should I change Team Magma and Team Aqua's goals from simple eco-terrorists trying to simple expand the landmasses/ocean to actually plotting to rule the world via their respective methods.

Here's the thing:

What do you think? Is this a good move or not? Please discuss your thought freely.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Idea for my RSE adaptation fic in the works.

Sounds good, but you have to overhaul most of the Teams to darker equals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MusicNFics View Post
    Sounds good, but you have to overhaul most of the Teams to darker equals.
    By which you mean what?

Blog Entries

Drinking Water is somewhat limited anyway, since you can't exactly drink Salt Water. Why not have it that Magma threaten to erupt the volcano and utilize Groudon's control the Tectonic Plates to create massively destructive earthquakes (I assume it has some control over them), as well as it's drought ability to destroy crops and thus limit the food supply, which we are running out of.

Aqua, meanwhile, should have some domes built around cities on their side that've ejected any Magma sympathisers, which would seal when Kyogre awakens and floods the land, thereby protecting them and drowning all who don't side with them. Also, they utilize Psychic Pokémon to weed out those that would try and stop them or would try and take over the domes once flooded, so they remain in control.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Drinking Water is somewhat limited anyway, since you can't exactly drink Salt Water. Why not have it that Magma threaten to erupt the volcano and utilize Groudon's control the Tectonic Plates to create massively destructive earthquakes (I assume it has some control over them), as well as it's drought ability to destroy crops and thus limit the food supply, which we are running out of.

Aqua, meanwhile, should have some domes built around cities on their side that've ejected any Magma sympathisers, which would seal when Kyogre awakens and floods the land, thereby protecting them and drowning all who don't side with them. Also, they utilize Psychic Pokémon to weed out those that would try and stop them or would try and take over the domes once flooded, so they remain in control.
    Nice ideas. Though the things about what you said about Magma's plans is that (as far as we know) the Pokemon world hasn't got those problems.

Blog Entries

True, but if it is similar to Earth, then the key to domination would be the food supply. Food is gonna be rarer then water, since 70.8% of the planet's surface is covered in water (about 1.35 trillion tons of the stuff), which can probably be filtered by Pokémon (or a human device), while Human Expansion has caused issues for farmland. Remove that small amount of food being produced with drought and prevent any other source other then your own getting through, you have the Human Race and even nature itself on its knees.

Blog Entries

Anyone else like to suggest anything?

I can see team magma's plan working well but Team Aqua's is flawed since less than a percent of our water is fresh and water purification is expensive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elso View Post
    I can see team magma's plan working well but Team Aqua's is flawed since less than a percent of our water is fresh and water purification is expensive
    Yes, but in Team Aqua's water-based society, they'd have control over Water Purification. Dunno how but they would.

Blog Entries

As I said, probably through Pokémon. They seem to be able to emit drinkable water, though I'm not sure how safe it is. Then again, if you were dying, you'd likely not care enough and drink it anyway.

For Aqua, how about this: Have them build a city on the volcano, much to Magma's displeasure, and 'kill' the volcano, much as the Pokémon Special Aqua did. That way, if they do succeed in flooding Hoenn, they'd have the only safe homes in the region and thus when the rain and flooding start, guess how many people would attempt to barter homes and fall under Aqua's slavery servitude.