I need help

Thread: I need help

Blog Entries

Exclamation I need help

I want to write a pokemon fan fiction but all of my ideas either, crash and burn, or never get off the ground.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!
    Last edited by Seizon Senryaku; 20th April 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Editing capslock out of title
    "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers." Francois Fenelon

Default Re: I NEED HELP

A motivation issue, then?
    10 Tricks To Motivate Yourself To Write–Right NOW
    That page, read it, enjoy it.

If it's about your ideas not being good enough to write, that's nothing to worry about, just write it. If it didn't work out, or if you write yourself into a corner, at least you've gone and written something, and you may see alternate routs or ways to develop ideas. I always get new ideas to a story when I'm writing it - somethings i have to edit already-written stuff, sometimes it's new stuff. But it's no hindrance to writing when I feel a plot is not completely developed etc. - as long as I have the general idea about characters, outcome and maybe one or two plot twists or otherwise major events

you'll be the end of me. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

being inspired by certain movies, songs, shows, etc. can boost your motivation. i know in the times when i was facing writer's block when writing the devil's gift, i started watching supernatural and the genre and feel of that show really inspired me to create certain aspects of the story and thus made me want to write those down and get into the writing mood.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be a good idea not to barge into the forum, screaming in your title "I NEED HELP". That doesn't really tell us anything about what you're going to say.

If all your ideas seem to crash and burn, think about why. Look back at your work and figure out where you went wrong, and try not to go wrong the next time. If you come across another roadblock, try to work around it. Sometimes, rescuing a work from failure creates an even better work than one that didn't falter at all.
    If all your ideas never seem to get off the ground, something's keeping them from flying. Are you being distracted by something? Perhaps your idea is just a flash that quickly passes? Do you never seem to have time to make your ideas come true? Sometimes, just trying different things and seeing which ones work, cutting off the ones that don't and building on the ones that do, is the best way to do things.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.