The Hotheaded Quiz Master!

Thread: The Hotheaded Quiz Master!

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Hotheaded Quiz Master!

For over a year now, I had been working on a story similar to "The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!". It will follow Blaine, who is my favourite Kanto Gym Leader, and detail his life. However, I recently cut out 20 chapters off of my plan for "The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!", because I came to the realisation that the story didn't need to go any further, and the main plot was going to be resolved by §50.

Because of that, I've been thinking about Blaine's story, which will either be called "The Hotheaded Quiz Master!" or "Firestorm", leaning towards the former. Because of Blaine's age, I could easily write the multiple arcs I have planned for him. So my main question is: Should I?

The fact that "The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!" had a consistent main plot with sub-plots interjecting amongst it is a format that I like, but should I follow that same format for "The Hotheaded Quiz Master!" or not? Do you have any suggestions for the story?

And my final question: I've been excited about the story, so should I start it now, or wait for the "The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!" to end? They'll both be set in the same universe, and the fact that both of them are fairly long projects is deterring. All my other stories are fairly short in comparison, which is why I'm fine with starting multiple of them.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: The Hotheaded Quiz Master!

I would go for "The Hotheaded Quiz Master" it sounds like a more unique title than "Firestorm" and will be more of an eyecatcher and tell people that the story is about Blaine since that is his title in-game. Yes, I'm interested. Quality Expansion fanfiction is a true rarity, heck even normal expansion fanfiction outside of shipping is rarity. So, I'd be interested in how you told the story of Blaine and write his character while mixing in multiple characters. I personally think you shouldn't go with the same story format for "The Hotheaded Quiz Master" I felt like, for example, in TBFFG things were moving too fast and we didn't get a big feel for the characters early on and we didn't get much ground established on who they are and their connection to each other long enough. Trying a different style could really benefit your overall writing skill imo and possibly give the story a much better turnout.

Wish I could write more but I gotta go to class now. P:

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I would go for "The Hotheaded Quiz Master" it sounds like a more unique title than "Firestorm" and will be more of an eyecatcher and tell people that the story is about Blaine since that is his title in-game. Yes, I'm interested. Quality Expansion fanfiction is a true rarity, heck even normal expansion fanfiction outside of shipping is rarity. So, I'd be interested in how you told the story of Blaine and write his character while mixing in multiple characters. I personally think you shouldn't go with the same story format for "The Hotheaded Quiz Master" I felt like, for example, in TBFFG things were moving too fast and we didn't get a big feel for the characters early on and we didn't get much ground established on who they are and their connection to each other long enough. Trying a different style could really benefit your overall writing skill imo and possibly give the story a much better turnout.

Wish I could write more but I gotta go to class now. P:
    It will be very limited in terms of characters compared to "The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!"; Maylene struck me as a character who relied on others because of her age, so Blaine won't be getting the same treatment. Thank you for the input! I really appreciate it!

Registered User harryheart's Avatar Moderator

These sorts of questions would better belong in the General Writing Questions thread. Please can you take your question there for further discussion.

For more information about what to post as a new thread, refer to the General Writing Questions first post, or if you're still unsure feel free to contact a Writers Workshop staff member.

Thanks
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner