Hoenn in the 1950s - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoenn in the 1950s

Default Re: Hoenn in the 1950s

...They had floppy disks in the 50s?

According to the wikipedia page on them, the earliest ones where in the 1960s. So you can push it a little if you'd like, or go strict and find something else to use.

Thanks to ShinySandshrew of serebiiforums for the banner!

50s you say? If you're corelating you story with real world events,then remember the WWII and the bomb that was destroyed Nagasaki. I don't know which Hoenn city Nagasaki corresponds to,but you could show it recovering from that. My fic is set in a simmilar timespan,and I wanted to go as realistic as I could,so I mentioned the destruction.

Hmm... well, to be honest, my story isn't ALWAYS in the 50s (well, specifically 1958 to 1960, Harold's gonna be on his journey for two years)! Most of this stuff is actually going to be in flashbacks/dreams that Harold has of what he remembers (piecing it slowly together over time thanks to Gardevoir) of Hoenn. Most of the story is gonna take place in 2008, when (in my fanon timeline anyway) PMD takes place (RRT,BRT, and EoT/D/S all around the same time!)

Also, looking up Nagasaki... apparently stat's what Slateport is based off of! It's also a port town! Ooooh... if Mr. Briney isn't in war or omething, that's gonna be a naaasty sight when they go there.
    Last edited by Chimchar98; 23rd August 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12