EVERYONE: Ghetsis's Rant *need help with this part*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghetsis's Rant *need help with this part*

Blog Entries

Default Ghetsis's Rant *need help with this part*

Okay, so I don't know if any of you have read my short story An Oshawott's Misery, but I have decided to continue this as a journey fic since a few people requested that I did continue it. Well in the 3rd chapter my character Justin Gaines, his Quilava Ty, and his Oshawott Oliver will arrive in Accumula Town. Ghetsis is going to be holding his rally and my character and his Pokemon are going to crash the rally and argue against this freak show Ghetsis.

The Rant
    My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentleman, I would like to talk to you about Pokemon liberation.

I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokemon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans…only assume that this is the truth? Pokemon are subjects to the selfish commands of Trainers…They get pushed around when they are our "partners" at work…Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?

Now, ladies and gentleman, Pokemon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility toward these wonderful beings called Pokemon?

That's right! We must liberate the Pokemon! Then, and only then, will humans and Pokemon truly be equals. Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokemon…and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention.

End of rant

Well what does everyone else think? I want to make this as realistic as possible, and I have never read a B/W adaptation(though mine isn't entirely one) where the main character has argued against Ghetsis.

Here is what I'm looking for:
    -The most powerful counter arguments that would leave Ghetsis speechless and enraged...Plus leave the listeners thinking that Ghetsis doesn't know what he's talking about(cause we all know this stuff is a cover up for his plans for domination)
    -Where should my character enter and argue
    -If the speech should be rearranged in order of what he says

My arguements(probably not as good as yours)
    -I think that Ghetsis basically says that all trainers push their Pokemon and all trainers are selfish. Which is obviously not true.
    -He acts like he know what all Pokemon really want(liberation), when a good amount of Pokemon in the anime and such are shown to be very happy with their trainer.
    -His "Pokemon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential." thing....I mean that's not any different at all. His reason that separates Pokemon from humans is just stupid since people as well have unknown potential. The only thing that is truly different is that Pokemon have different appearances and different skills(though theirs are powers and stuff. It's the same with humans. Not everyone has completely identical appearances and skills)
    Last edited by MonkeyBoy210; 23rd March 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ghetsis's Rant *need help with this part*

My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentleman, I would like to talk to you about Pokemon liberation.
    What? Pokémon liberation?

I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokemon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other.
    Yes, that is true.

Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans…only assume that this is the truth?
    Never thought of it that way.

Pokemon are subjects to the selfish commands of Trainers…They get pushed around when they are our "partners" at work…Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?
    Yes. Because Pokémon can leave us at anytime they want. We do not push them around, they are real living beings, and can think for themselves. How do you explain that some traded Pokémon don't obey their new trainer, but do after the trainer shows that they are able to become strong and win their trust? They obey us by their own will.

Now, ladies and gentleman, Pokemon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility toward these wonderful beings called Pokemon?
    To live together and work together.

That's right! We must liberate the Pokemon!
    Wrong.

Then, and only then, will humans and Pokemon truly be equals.
    Are you implying that we are slavering them? What about what I said about them willingly obeying us?

Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokemon…and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention.
    Our relationship with Pokémon is fine the way it is. They are happy with us, otherwise, why would they evolve after reaching a certain level of happiness? Why would they fight by our side willingly? Why would they help us build and contribute willingly into our lives?

OOC: Black & White spoiler:

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll play Ghetsis' advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Yes. Because Pokémon can leave us at anytime they want. We do not push them around, they are real living beings, and can think for themselves. How do you explain that some traded Pokémon don't obey their new trainer, but do after the trainer shows that they are able to become strong and win their trust? They obey us by their own will.
    The reason that Pokémon do not obey a new trainer at first is because they are conditioned to obey their old trainer, and are not accustomed to the person they have just been traded to.

A good trainer can overcome this unease quickly.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

But according to Ghetsis, there are no good trainers; we are all slavers. And since they do obey us eventually, that means that they have free will to do what they want.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*Ghetsis' advocate hat is still on*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    But according to Ghetsis, there are no good trainers; we are all slavers. And since they do obey us eventually, that means that they have free will to do what they want.
    But don't you realize? They don't have the free will. They only obey you eventually because you condition them.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Ok, then explain how some Pokémon evolve solely by happiness. And how they become more happy the more they travel with the trainer. And how they become more happy the stronger they get. You don't condition them to; you can't force someone to be happy. They do have free will. And why do you use them if they should be liberated?

Blog Entries

Well I'm glad people are throwing in their arguments!

One thing I also have to say is he is very ignorant to basically say that all Pokemon want liberation. He doesn't speak for all Pokemon.

And that's a very good point about evolution by happiness.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Poke Balls are evil mind control devices that trick Pokemon into thinking they're happy, when they really aren't!

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Umm.. this isn't a counter-argument or anything, but to make sure the speech sounds good and convincing you could read it aloud. And, because not everyone might imagine hearing the speech the same way you might, make sure to underline or bold the parts that should have inflections on them.

Blog Entries

In my series, Pokemon Adventures: Black & White, Rezo (Ghetsis's representation in my fic) says the same speech but reworded a little. The heroes, however, don't talk back during the speech and are left unsure. Sorta a way to develop them and the "hero," if you get my quote marks.

You know Ghetsis, at the end of the game, admits his speeches were BS and it was all a ploy to take over the world?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    In my series, Pokemon Adventures: Black & White, Rezo (Ghetsis's representation in my fic) says the same speech but reworded a little. The heroes, however, don't talk back during the speech and are left unsure. Sorta a way to develop them and the "hero," if you get my quote marks.
    Yeah, I was thinking about rewording it, to him saying "Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?" in the end of the speech, being my characters cue to defy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightness View Post
    You know Ghetsis, at the end of the game, admits his speeches were BS and it was all a ploy to take over the world?
    And yes, I do know this.

Well I've come to the conclusion that somehow my character arguing with Ghetsis will lead to a battle with him with the secondary main character which people will probably be thinking WTF, but my decision does offer up a side plot. But yeah, they'll face Ghetsis in a double battle and totally pwn him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldGregg View Post
    Well I've come to the conclusion that somehow my character arguing with Ghetsis will lead to a battle with him with the secondary main character which people will probably be thinking WTF, but my decision does offer up a side plot. But yeah, they'll face Ghetsis in a double battle and totally pwn him!
    I plan for the main character of my fic and Zor (N's representation in my fic) to team up against Rezo (Ghetsis) in the end to symbolize the re-unity of Zekrom and Reshiram respectively.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I plan for the main character of my fic and Zor (N's representation in my fic) to team up against Rezo (Ghetsis) in the end to symbolize the re-unity of Zekrom and Reshiram respectively.
    I really like that idea of N going up against Ghetsis with your character.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I really like that idea of N going up against Ghetsis with your character.
    Plus, it really helps against that damn Hydreigon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast