Figuring out the commands

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AetherX

Thread: Figuring out the commands

Registered User Eeveeforthebest's Avatar

Default Figuring out the commands

When you are typing, you have many choices like font, size, bold, underline, etc.

But I don't know what the others look like such as spoiler tags and mention tags.

Could some one please explain what each button is and what it looks like when you send a post?

I am very new here and would be very grateful. Thanks. :)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Figuring out the commands

To be honest, I have no idea what the mention tags do. I just type an @ symbol, then the username, then a semicolon. Like this: @Eeveeforthebest; Theoretically, that should have given you a notification that you were mentioned, but it doesn't always work in my experience.

Spoiler tags are for hiding stuff, or just making it smaller. I like to put all of my chapters in spoilers to keep the thread consolidated and organized. Like this:

Quote tags make stuff look like this. If you clicked the "Reply with Quote" button to reply to people, it will also send the person you're quoting a notification.
    There's no button for strikethroughs for some reason, but you can always surround your text with these tags: [ s][/s] (just without the space). That will look like this: witty comment

The rest are pretty self explanatory, or just not useful (like we have no real reason to use the code or PHP tags here). Welcome to the forum!
    Flaze likes this.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Registered User Eeveeforthebest's Avatar

@AetherX; thank you very much. That honestly really helped. Hope the mention thing I just tried out got to you.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Got it! Glad I could help.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud