A fic survey

Thread: A fic survey

Blog Entries

Default A fic survey

I just watched Scream 4 and I've got this idea of putting Pokémon chars into the setting. Not actually a crossover but just, y'know, character swap and the like.

So I was wondering, would anyone read that kind of fic? Should it be played serious or funny? Half-parody? Who do you want to see starring in fic? Anime characters? Game only characters? A mix of both?

And should it be played strayed or be a deconstruction of the genre? Which Pokémon chars do you think fill which stereotypical horror/slasher movie roles?

If you've any interest left at all after reading my ramblings, please discuss. xD

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Default Re: A fic survey

Maybe making a Creepypasta in a form of a longer fic. Missingo. and other glitches always pass well.

Staring down the barrel of a flintlock musket
    Blog Entries

To be brutally honest, I've never read a character swap fanfiction that's interested me. Then again, I'm not a fan of using canon characters, so I guess the whole thing is lost on me. But I guess I can give some unbiased suggestions.

In my opinion, you ought to go for humor. A serious character swap, especially one based on Scream and Pokémon, would sink like a boat made of sheep. The Scream part, especially. At its most serious, you'd be able to pull off black comedy. But I think your best bet is having it be a not-serious-at-all parody of fanfiction in general.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Field Research
    Chapter 47- Angels of Pewter

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you want to make a Pokemon Scream fic, I say go for it.

Adding humour in could work but if you didn't have humour in your original plan, I think adding humour in would just be a way of making acceptable something that you thought might not go down too well.

It sounds to me like what you really want to do is write a horror fic and I think you're capable of doing it so you should give it a go.