Epic Length or Short and Sweet?

View Poll Results: Which of my ideas do you think I should write first?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Period Drama: Shorter, easier to read and write

4 100.00%
  • Hoenn Series: Epic and exciting, but much longer

0 0%
  • Do neither, take a break!

0 0%

Thread: Epic Length or Short and Sweet?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Default Epic Length or Short and Sweet?

Hello there,

I am the sort of person who likes to plan stories months in advance. I find this gives me time to get the ideas down on paper (or on the computer) and then I am able to edit them long before I intend on writing them (I write on a schedule, and once one story finishes I replace it with the next one).

At the moment, I am about to start a story that will replace the void left after I finished A Wish on Freedom, but this is a relatively short chaptered series of only 28 (relatively short by my standards) and won't take very long to do. I am trying to think of what I would do next, and I have two options:

1. A series that is a period drama set in 1930s/40s involving an intra-family Pokemon competition to settle a problem left by their father's will, and a daughter's attempts to end the fighting and find the true cause. It will be short chapters (2-5 pages), a style used with Eight Easy Steps and A Wish on Freedom. Length undetermined but possibly around 20-30 of these shortish chapters.

2. A big series, similar to Galactic, though this one is set in Hoenn and follows the basic plot of the RSE games with a creative license. Anyone that knows Galactic will know how long the stories are, and these would be more to that length (hopefully shorter)

So, what do you think would be better to do: a big, epic series, which will be the third one in my roster, or a shorter series that would be done sooner? The Hoenn one would be more relative to the rest of my universe, but I am not sure if I could handle its length.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I am happy to explain the stories more if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Ace

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Default Re: Epic Length or Short and Sweet?

I say go for the shorter one. In my opinion getting something done and completing with even a tad bit of success gives you a sense of accomplishment and the motivation to make your next story even better.

COMING SOON!

The short period drama sounds more interesting, original, and accessible. You may also find it, therefore, to be more popular and rewarding.

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I like the sound of the period drama. Very unique plot, which sounds really cool. Either sound great, but I am very interested to read the family drama.

Coming Soon...