Description, how much and the quality?

Thread: Description, how much and the quality?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Description, how much and the quality?

Description is something I struggle with, say a character is traveling somewhere. You have to throw in some description of the world around them as well while they are going to their destination. Because the character can't just miraculously arrive from point A to point B so quickly. I have trouble making my description fun to read, I want it be very entertaining as actual dialogue. Not a simple line that people read and want to move on from, but I don't think I write nearly enough description regarding the characters, their clothes, their Pokemon, the world, et cetera as I should. So, how many lines of description do you usual write? Do you harp on making lines entertaining to read? When do you think you have things right and down pack?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Description, how much and the quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Description is something I struggle with, say a character is traveling somewhere. You have to throw in some description of the world around them as well while they are going to their destination. Because the character can't just miraculously arrive from point A to point B so quickly. I have trouble making my description fun to read, I want it be very entertaining as actual dialogue. Not a simple line that people read and want to move on from, but I don't think I write nearly enough description regarding the characters, their clothes, their Pokemon, the world, et cetera as I should. So, how many lines of description do you usual write? Do you harp on making lines entertaining to read? When do you think you have things right and down pack?
    That's why I use real life locations so it'll help me more on how my characters will arrive from point A to point B