Bulbagarden's Ongoing Story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulbagarden's Ongoing Story

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Bulbagarden's Ongoing Story

Welcome to the Ongoing Story Thread!

Here's how the game works:

Each week, I will start a story (about 4-6 paragraphs) Your job is to continue the story 4 to 6 paragraphs at a time until it reaches the end. Then, we begin anew with a new story.

HOWEVER:

--All forum rules apply

--The story sections should make sense--I don't want the story derailing into something like this, this, or this.

So if one poster ended their section with Ash, Misty and Brock in a cave, don't start your section saying they are in a forest unless you have an explanation as to how they got there from the cave.

--Try to stay within the story's universe. (so Bleach characters shouldn't appear in a Sailor Moon story)

--If you have already submitted a post, wait for someone else to post a section before posting again.

Sections not following these rules are subject to revision, cutting, and/or flat out deletion.

If you have any questions, comments, or rule suggestions, please let me know.

Our first story begins Monday
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 19th February 2011 at 08:46 PM.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden's Ongoing Story

I had come up with an idea like this once actually.

I would suggesting having some sort of rule as to who posts next to avoid two writing about the next chapter at the same time, maybe allow people to post a "reserve" post and then edit their chapter in the next 1 hour, or the post gets deleted (if they don't give a real excuse) and they can't participate in the game for 5 days.

I would also suggest having themes for each story in order to give people a chance to practice in other genres. One story could be strictly crackfic, so people can practice writing a crackfic. The next is journey, then original, then darkfic... etc.

Setting an ending can also be good. Example: We will start the story with John getting Chikorita, the story will end with it evolving to a Bayleef with a battle against his own rumored-dead mother. And leave filling the blanks to the writers. This would be very interesting to see.

Also, on an unrelated note, glad to see the whole Writer's Workshop getting a reboot of some sort. Thanks for making it an awesome-r place. :D

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I really like the idea of a set ending and beginning with nothing in between and no elaboration on the ending or beginning. It'd be really interesting.

Blog Entries

I like the next poster rule, and we could do themes to coincide with a holiday/major event.

Blog Entries

Here comes our first story:

"Ah, nothing like a day at the beach..." Misty smiled as she and her housemates trudged through the sand.

"Easy for you to say..." Brock complained as he carried down a cooler, a picnic basket, an umbrella, and various other items, including some drinks that were about to spill on his palm tree print Hawaiian shirt. "You barely gave Ash anything to carry!"

"Sure she did!" Ash protested as he set down the beach toys and first aid supplies in the sand before throwing off some seaweed that was clinging to his blue Poke Ball print T-shirt.

"Pika?" a yellow mouse creature commented as it noted a small shell in the sand nearby where Ash was organizing his share of the supplies. After working to pry the black shell open, he saw a small white stone inside. "Pikapi!"

Ash hurried over to look at his companion's discovery. "Well! That's a nice pearl you found, Pikachu!"

"That reminds me of a legend of buried treasure on this beach I once heard..." Brock commented...

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"What legend?" Misty asked, forgetting everything she was supposed to be doing.

"Well," Brock started. "I remember hearing a bedtime story about a pirate who had an enormous amount of treasure. It is said that he buried it around white pearls to make sure that he remembered where it was when he was running away from the other pirates. He died before returning to it, and no one has found it ever since."

"That's interesting," Misty said. "If we find it, we could be very rich! I'll buy a dress, some dolls to tease my sisters even more, and maybe I'll finally teach Psyduck how to swim."

"You could teach him now, you're just too lazy, "Ash laughed, causing Misty to frown and almost shout at him, but he spoke before she had the opportunity to do it. "But we don't have time for a stupid treasure, I need to go and get my next Badge!"

"How much treasure is hidden?" Misty asked, ignoring Ash's remarks.

"I don't know," Brock said. "No one even knows what kind of treasure it is. It could be anything! Golden coins, magical potions, rare Pokémon-"

"Rare Pokémon!" Ash exclaimed. "We are going to find this treasure!"
    Last edited by Kyuuketsuki; 21st February 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries

"RARE POKÉMON!" shouted a certain familiar trio from the nearby bushes, only to clasp each others' mouth in shock a second later. Three pairs of shifty eyes bore into the backs of the three kids and the electrical rodent nearby, but not one of them seemed to have heard the commotion.

"Ompf pfotfle cafs!" mumbled the blue-haired member of the trio, a man in his early twenties.

"You don't have ta cover yous mouth anymore, Jimmy-boy," sighed Meowth and facepawed.

"I said there may be bottle caps buried with that treasure!" quipped James with enthusiasm uncharacteristical for someone talking about, well... caps of bottles.

"Forget your stupid caps!" interrupted Jessie and brought a swift and painful fist down on her partner's head. "If anything, the treasure's jewels and gold! And I want them!"

"Or rare Pokémon we could give to da Boss!" added Meowth with mischievous determination in his eyes.

"Mhm,mhm," agreed James and summarized. "So it's settled then. We are going to get to the bottle ca- err, the treasure, before the brats!"

"YEAH!" shouted the the rest of the TRio in agreement, only to clasp their mouths once again.
    Last edited by Aladar; 21st February 2011 at 11:07 AM.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Jesse, James, Meowth, Brock, Misty, Ash and Pikachu were all thrown into stunned silence at the horrific sight that stood before them.

"I'd think twice about looking for my treasure if I were you."

Before them stood what can only be described as a walking corpse wearing the rags of what appeared to be a pirate's outfit, including a captain's hat and a sharp cutlass. No one present could bring themselves to speak in the terrifying man's presence.

"I guard this beach day and night to ensure that despicable human beings like you don't get anywhere near the treasure I worked so hard to get," hissed the pirate, violently swinging his cutlass, "So I suggest you leave now before I'm forced to cut you all into pieces."

Both Team Rocket and Ash's gang remained frozen in fear, when suddenly a Poké Ball on Misty's belt started to shake. Suddenly, standing in front of both groups, facing the supernatural pirate, was Misty's Psyduck, yelling its own name in confidence.

"Get back here, you idiot!" screamed Misty, going red in the face and scrambling for Psyduck's Poké Ball, "You're gonna get us killed!"

Unfortunately, Misty wasn't quick enough and Psyduck proceeded to squirt a pathetic stream of water out of its mouth and on to its pirate opponent. Everyone present, both human and Pokémon, apart from Psyduck himself, screamed in fear as the attack hit the pirate. However, as they turned to run, they saw something spectacular. As the water hit the pirate, he disappeared and was replaced by a surprised and scared looking, small black and red fox. Ash grabbed his Pokédex from his back pocket and scanned the creature.

"Zorua!" announced Ash's Pokédex, "The Illusion Pokémon!"

"Th-that was a Pokémon?!" stammered James, "But who does it belong to?"

"Maybe it's wild!" suggested Brock.

"Hey you!" hissed Meowth at Zorua, "What's your game? What you think you're playing at?"

Blog Entries

Come on, hurry and finish the story!

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Y u not finish story?

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

The little fox giggled. Man, I love treasure hunters. "I know the location of what you are looking for, but I am not going to tell you!"

"Awww, why not? We aren't trying to take.... oh wait. Just forget I said that." Everyone sighed heavily and rolled their eyes at Ash's stupidity. Unfortunately, he is not exactly the brains of the group.

"Come on Ash, how stupid are you? It is called treasure hunting, not find the treasure and tell everyone else so they can get it! Were you dropped on your head as a baby or did a bowling ball drop on it, because that is just idiotic." As Misty was busy chewing Ash out, Brock was examining his map, looking for hidden locations where the treasure might be.

"Hmm.... ah HA! I found it!" exclaimed James as he picked up a rusty old bottlecap. "This must be part of the treasure! The rest must be below the surface of the sand."

"James, at first I thought you were weird, but now I think you need some serious help. I highly doubt that the treasure is right here-" It was too late. James and Meowth were already digging to their heart's content. Jessie sighed and began to dig with them.

Meanwhile, Zorua was getting a kick out of the tension in the two bands of treasure hunters. He quietly walks away giggling to himself.

"So Brock, have you found a location?" queried Ash, trying to cut Misty off.

"Still got a couple more options.... Got it!" Brock spun around on the spot to face the north. "The treasure is that way!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Blaze View Post
    Y u not finish story?
    Because I want to see what you guys can come up with to finish it

Add Okamidna on Facebook
    Follow Okamidna on Tumblr

While ash and co. headed off to find the treasure, the TRio were still occupied in digging. jessie sat at the edge, staring down at her companions fruitless efoorts.

"I still think this is stupid," she grumbled, ducking as a spray of sand shot over her head. this was accompanied by a shout from Meowth.

"I don't see you helpin' Jess," snarled the cat. "Why don't you get in here?"

"Because it's a stupid idea and-YAH!"

There was a thud and a barrage of muffled curses as the woman landed heavily on her companions.

"What da hell was dat for?"

Jessies face was the exact same colour as her hair. She turned on Meowth, spitting out her words and a load of sand

"That fox! it pushed me in! It's right there-huh?"

All three villans stared in the direction of Jessies gloved finger. There was nothing there, just a mound of seashells and sand. They shimmered in millions of colours, pink, blue and red. as they watched, a wave flowed across the beach, sweeping up the pile in its liquid arms and dragging it away. James looked at her in confusion.

"You got pushed in by Seaweed?" he asked.

To the tune of the group’s perplexity, new weight added heightened excitement to the glittering journey. Sunlight seemed to fly behind the walls of the potential portal, though natural elements were at work. Sand seeped and the foundation crumbled, swallowing up the dollar signs in their eyes and into the abyss. Shrouded screams collided with the narrow cavern’s floor and were silenced by wonder. A brand new atmosphere, sunlight perched itself what seemed like miles from the damp destination.

“Quite a grave situation we’ve dug for ourselves…”James’ daze mused. A hand of logic realigned his mind according to the situation.

“Don’t talk like that, James!” Jessie let out in order to establish reassurance, though faltered when she surveyed her surroundings further. “Though we are in a whole heap of trouble.” Dwelling on the darkness was interrupted by the snickering of her feline companion. “Meowth, mind filling us in on what’s so amusing?”

The creature raised a paw to the lone passage of the narrow cavern, nurturing an inviting light at the finish. “If this place is gonna’ pit us against nature, we might as well explore it. Besides, we need to ditch those twerps if were gonna’ find the treasure first!”

“I can dig that logic!” Jesse proclaimed as she helped James out of his stupor and onto his feet.

“I had no idea you were so deep, Meowth.” James concurred, swiping the dirt and excess sand from his uniform.

“Ha! How shallow!” The creature paused for a moment, perking his ear to space and assessing the field. “Hey, I think I hear something at the end of the cavern! We better hurry!” Thus, the trio left sand in their tracks as they navigated the complexities of the rock formations to reach the promise land of potential riches and notoriety that lay just out of harm’s arena.

Blog Entries

Looking good so far, but I just want to remind you that a new story won't begin until the previous one ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast