ATTENTION: Beta Readers 2.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta Readers 2.0

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Beta Readers 2.0

I can understand where you are coming from :) But I am sure that whoever asks you to Beta Read will be looking for your skills rather than feeling forced to ask you.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Pokemon Trainer Shay! (: Bijou <3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Bijou <3 On Twitter Add Bijou <3 on Facebook
    Visit Bijou <3's Youtube Channel

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an orginal story that I decided to rewrite. Here are a few details about it:

Name: Intertwined Hearts

Genre: Romance/Drama/School Life

Quick Summary: It's senior year for Ami and she is dying to confess her love to Kilin Hiroshima. But it's not as easy as it looks. An old rival from her past comes to make sure Ami isn't the one who wins his affection. Drama also comes along the way for Lena and Caleb. Everyone just wants to end the year right. Can Ami get the guy of her dreams? (Sorry it's been a while since I've written this story and might change the summary later.)

If anyone can help with editing or suggestions just message me here

here is the link to the story

Intertwined Hearts, a manga fiction | FictionPress
    Last edited by Gama; 25th October 2012 at 07:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you! I was going to send you a Private Message to ask for one, but looks like I don't need to now! :P

Pokemon Trainer Shay! (: Bijou <3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Bijou <3 On Twitter Add Bijou <3 on Facebook
    Visit Bijou <3's Youtube Channel

No problem :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beta reader no longer required.

Working Title: The Boy From The Edge of The Map

Link: Chapter 1: Welcome to Crusty Gullet

Summary: The story follows the unwanted journey of sixteen year old Blank Verhext and his team of various defective pokemon. As far as he's concerned he's a sane man forced to wander through a mad world and he's pretty sure it's going to get him killed.

So here's what I want to accomplish with this project. The plan is for this to be a generally light hearted story, grounded by serious bits along the way. The main character Blank has essentially lived in a protective shell from the world of Pokemon thanks to the geography of Crusty Gullet and in that time has developed the outlook that it's a world he would very much like to avoid. However he's now being forced to venture out into the Unova region and is none too happy about it. In the simplest aspect this is a coming of age story (that phrase makes me cringe from all the cheesy crap it brings to my mind) taken from the perspective of a resident of the Pokemon universe who despises existing in it.

This first chapter I feel takes on something of a more serious tone than what the majority of the story will be like, and while I feel this is important to conveying just how much he loathes having to go on the traditional journey I can't help but have second thoughts about maybe livening it up before I turn on the drama. My chief concerns though are my ever losing battle with the comma and semicolon. I've gotten so much conflicting information on how to use them over the years I just gave up on ever trying to get it right. Second to that I'd like some feedback on the technical aspects of the chapter. Does it feel too short, does it need more description, am I a talentless hack who should quit while he's ahead; you know the usual stuff.

Thanks in advance to whomever beta reads this (though anyone who wanders into the thread is welcome to give feedback) and the best way to contact me is through the forum PM system or you can leave a comment on the document itself.
    Last edited by Fengor; 29th October 2012 at 12:19 AM.
    White: 3826-0624-3213

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beta Reader badly needed.

Title: My Pretty Sailor Soldiers: Friendship is Magic.

Link: Prologue: Premonition To Disaster

The story basically My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic retold with elements from Sailor Moon and even Power Rangers (among other tokusatsu series) with plenty of rewrites, additions and action. You don't need to be heavily into Sailor Moon or Tokusatsu to help but being a fellow Brony is essential. So if you believe you're interested, please don't hesitate. I could use the help since alone, I kinda get insecure about my writing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This thread will be unstickied in a weeks time. It will still be available to use, but the results may vary. We encourage you to continue beta reading as it is a very useful tool, but this thread will soon no longer, and most likely never really has been, the place to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    My old Beta Reader had to drop me since our time tables aren't able to match. I need a new one who can suit my needs to work on my fanfic. Here's what I'm working on and what I expect a Beta Reader to help me with:

Pokemon: The Black & White Adventures is my adaptation of the games, Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 obviously. The storyline for the first series basically follows Hilda, a 14 year old Pokemon Trainer, journeying Unova to enter the League, complete the Pokedex and stop Team Plasma with the mysterious young man named N.

If you have any doubts of this, I guarantee that the actual stories will NOT be carbon copies of the games' storylines and characters. In fact, I hope my Beta Reader will help me on that. I need someone who's a very frequent regular here with plenty of time to kill when discussing and brainstorming with me via PMs. If you're busy with personal issues at a particular moment, I'll understand and wait for your return if it's very important. You should be willing and interested to work with me and help me with my characters, stories and ideas. Maybe even make your suggestions. Of course, they must be a fan of Generation V and Unova with enough knowledge on it but you probably knew that.

They also must be flexible with dark, light and thrillingly epic tones as well as many different types of stories (action, adventure, mystery, Sci-Fi, etc) since my Trainer fic isn't mature in the sense of nudity, sex and extreme violence or light in the sense of the Pokemon Anime but on the level of epicness like Pokemon Special or Digimon more or less. And I don't just limit it to just those kinds of stories. It's pretty young adultish like Harry Potter or Molly Moon and I plan to give it a sense of an action cartoon with a storyline and standalone stories for the characters as well as elements so older readers can have fun. The characters are written to be gray (hence, the title's meaning) where they're not perfect in the sense that they makes mistakes like any person would. It's less cliched and shabby than you'd believe but I'll let you be the judge.

And example would be the Knights of Team Plasma act like they're the good guys and believe that they are so they aren't like evil mooks from Team Plasma or chaotically evil like the bad guys from Power Rangers. They believe they're like a band of rebels or a resistance trying to set the world the way it should (or rather the way they believe in). This is keeping up with the theme for characterizations: Black, White and Gray.

Anyways, my Beta needs to be imaginative for this and not take things too seriously. A fun and understanding person who doesn't treat this as an obligation. I also have Aspergers Syndrome so if I say something I shouldn't have by accident, please address this so I may apologize. I live in New Rochelle, New York so if you're able to be online when I am too, that'd be great.

So, any volunteers?
    Sorry to bump this but I still need a Beta. Here's an outline of Chapter 1 if anybody's interested. Hope the wall of text doesn't put you off.

Last edited by matt0044; 31st March 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone I'm looking for a beta reader for my URPG related fic A Journey of 1000 miles

I'm looking for some to read over chapters prior to me posting them hear, to double check for errors, and to say if the chapter actually flows/works with the story.
    If anyone is interested I can be contacted hear or on skype.

Thanks in advance
    vulcan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12