Basic Guidelines for Reviewing/Fic Reviewers - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic Guidelines for Reviewing/Fic Reviewers

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fic Reviewers

Another little note: if I give you a "Level of" 10-scale rating, here's the rating scale I use:

Level of [quality] (Where [quality] is replaced by whatever I'm measuring the level of)

0: This fic didn't exhibit much [quality] at all.
    1-2: This fic exhibited very little [quality] - not enough to consider it a fic in the [quality] category.
    3-5: This fic had a mediocre or average level of [quality]. It's an okay amount, but not very much either.
    6-7: This fic had quite a bit of [quality].
    8-9: This fic had copious amounts of [quality].
    10: This fic is the very definition of [quality].
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I'm not reviewing anymore. Sorry. If this post needs to be deleted, please do so.
    Last edited by Noivern; 25th November 2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: I'm bailing out of reviewing. Forever.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turtwig Lover View Post
    Areas of review?
    Story and Pacing - 40 points
    Characterisation - 30 points
    Grammar and Spelling - 10 points
    Writing Style - 20 points
    Wow, your system is much less ad-hoc than mine.

New rating system for the Bulbagarden Fanfiction Awards

For the Fanfiction Awards, I'll be giving ratings out of 20 for the things that are important to the category that I am rating them in.

Here is a rough scale of what they mean:

0-1: Horrible. You should truly reconsider what is lacking in your fic in this respect.
    2-4: Bad enough that I don't want to ever talk about it again.
    5-7: A bit on the low side. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement on this part.
    8-10: Mediocre. Not too good, not really that bad either.
    11-14: Pretty good. I definitely like it, at least a little.
    15-17: Good. You obviously have a very solid grasp of the thing that I'm rating, and how to create a good instance of it.
    18-19: Very, very good - wonderful, even. This is quite a rare honour for me to give out, even for award-winning fics.
    20: Absolutely perfect in this regard. (I haven't given this one out yet!)
    Last edited by Zekurom; 3rd October 2010 at 10:09 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Hello. I don't have any sort of requirement for a fanfic; I would be happy to read any sort of fan fiction (one that you yourself take seriously, mind you, because I have read people's who haven't . . .) and I think it'll give you an advantage if I review it because you'll get a good idea of how a person like me would like to read it . . . so if you're gearing your fanfic toward teenage Pokemon fans with a vivid imagination, I'm your reviewer :)
    PM or VM me!

Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Blog Entries

Hi, Im kind of new to reviewing so here are my requirements:

1. No poems, songs, stuff like that.

2. No shipping. Not a big fan of that.

3. Has to be a pokemon fanfic. No non pokemon ones.

4. Dont moan if I take a while. Everyone here has a life, you may be surprised to find I have one too, especially if its got a lot of chapters.
    Eg. 20 - 30

Notes:
    I will be truthful. Harsh or praiseful.

Im not bothered that much about spelling and grammar, though I will comment on it.

There you go. I will review whenever possible.

I am free at the moment so let me know what needs reviewing.
    Last edited by Flygon 101; 18th January 2011 at 11:42 AM.
    I extend my hand to the marvelous authors of this forum. I have read your works and I know that your imagination knows no bounds. Can you help me create a region? I will dedicate the series of fics I intend to use this region for to the gracious people who choose to help me on this audacious task.

So Im asking you once again Bulbagarden - can you help me?

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f512/new-region-help-95004/

Blog Entries

Okay, I'll bite.

1. The reviewer posts his fic preferences here- genre/style/setting/anime characters/OCs etc.

• Adventure
    • Action
    • Supernatural
    • Journey Fics
    • Original Character Fics
    • Game-based Fics
    • Romance (any kind, whether gay, straight, or lesbian)
    • Elsewhere Fics
    • AU Fics

No anime-based, manga-based, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-based fics for me, thank you very much.

2. The reviewer states whether he is currently free or reviewing a (or several) fic/s and can't review others at the moment.

Always. I may sometimes not be around for a while, but I'll always try to review if someone wants me to. And I don't mind reviewing a lot of fics at once. I like being occupied.

Note: When I review, I'll focus on everything. If you don't want someone to go through your fic and focus on things like grammar and spelling along with plot and characterization, well...bleh to you. Turns out I'm more of the "beta-reader" type of reviewer. Unfortunate for some, but maybe a nice fit for some others, so take it as you will. Also, I'm blunt. I can't apologize for that, so keep that in mind if you ask me.

Contact me through PM or VM. Doesn't matter.

[EDIT] Currently reviewing:

Support these authors by reading and reviewing their stories, please. Helps me out a bit, especially if y'all say I told you to do it. Makes me look good. c:
    Last edited by Italics; 13th February 2011 at 12:59 AM.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.
    Also, my fan fics, my episode recaps, and my reviewing badge.

Blog Entries

I'll read basically anything. I'll score them one a scale of * to ***** on these catagories:
    Plot
    Characters
    Style
    Misc (Spelling, grammer, whether its funny or not, etc.)

I am currently reviewing Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar, which is pretty long, so unless your fic is short, I can't review it right now.
    Last edited by Megaman; 10th March 2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

I should go in more detail about my reviews.

I will not give numerical ratings unless specifically asked. I focus almost exclusively on grammar, flow and description. I will attempt characterization reviews.

On another note, I cannot review more than one fic at the same time.

Right now, I am reviewing The Seventeen by Megaman

I am straight to the point but not offensive.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

LightningTopaz, Reviewer:

I will read: adventure, fantasy, (clean) comedy, magical fics, and others similar to these

I won't read: darkfics, romance/shipping, horror. I will, however, make exceptions if it has a strong and/or original plot

Review wise, I base my reviews on the first episode--first comes what I liked, followed by what could've been done better (usually in a question form--eg. "I noticed you did X, what exactly does that mean?"

If you'd like me to review, just drop me a PM or VM
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

I will review, scoring you 1-100.

I will read: adventure, fantasy, comedy, romance/shipping, horro

I won't read: plain old boring trainer fics :P

I'm good with grammar and spelling, as well as dissecting the flow of the story, and I won't be afraid to be honest... so if you want my review, drop me a VM.

Currently reviewing:
    1. Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream
    Last edited by Catspring; 6th April 2011 at 08:49 AM.

lieks SpecialShipping. Pikachu127's Avatar

I DISLIKE TO THE MOST EXTENT fics based off of the anime. I just don't like Ash. However, PKMN Adventures/Special? No problem.

Shipping? No problem, unless you start to mess with Red and Yellow. (I really need to shut up about the two now. MOAR FAWFUL)

I'm not a serious reviewer (like some of the posters up there... *Shiver*), so I, if I wanted to, could instill some good-natured humor into the review of mineness.

However, if the fic is just LACKING (like the Justin Bieber fanfics on FF.Net, which should not be there...)... I'll try and help them out, but if they truly lack, out the window.

I'm rather good at pointing out spelling, grammar, and puncuation mistakes (but, as said before, there are better 'uns.), so I guess you could count on me then.

Done.

Sayonara.

Blog Entries

Thread is closed for an uncertain amount of time due to the experiment with the new Review Exchange.

Of course, the reviewers from here should feel free to continue reviewing the fics they are following. Also, anyone who wants to be part of the review exchange is welcome.
    Last edited by Kayi-chan; 8th April 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding link to the Review Exchange topic

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Basic Guidelines for Reviewing/Fic Reviewers

Per Aladar's orders, this thread is now shut down and will be destickied.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123