Alternative Writing Styles

Thread: Alternative Writing Styles

Blog Entries

Default Alternative Writing Styles

Ok boys and girls, here's the skinny: I've won the Summer Award for Alternative Writing Style with 'Professor Instrutilus' Study of Pokémon'. However, the only reason I feel I've won is because I was the only one in the awards' section, so I've decided to bring more attention to alternative writing styles. I've opted to do it to bring more attention to alternate writing styles and have a more varied writer's workshop.

Now, what should probably be done here is a discussion of various styles and if they would count towards being an alternate writing style. If they do, I'll include them on a list with a short description and, if existant, a primary example of the style. Now then, first up, would you count the 'Diary' style as a suitable writing style?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Alternative Writing Styles

I use the "Dairy" format a bit in Eight Easy Steps, as Alaska posts blogs for the GVerse Internet to read during her adventures. I think it works if you can still tell a good story through it. The problem with it being for a whole story would be wheter or not other characters develop along with it, as I enjoy the supporting characters more than the mains in stories sometimes *cough*harrypotter*cough*

I am considering writing a story Ive had for a while about a girl who posts a blog at Midnight every night as she begins to notice mysterious things happening in her neighbourhood and questions the activities of her neighbours.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Alternative Writing Styles

Personally, I would count blogs and diaries as alternative writing styles.

The Award was originally intended for poetry and the like but they would certainly come under that umbrella.

A script or something would also, in my mind at least, qualify.