URPG War/Risk Idea - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: URPG War/Risk Idea

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG War/Risk Idea

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Before we start discussing the outline of the game (regions etc) we still have to work out the mechanics first. One step at a time.
    You're right, I got carried away. There are several points that still need clarifying:

The Battles: FFA for certain but how are we going to do it? The original plan of two teams of trainers with multiple Pokem or HKim's idea of one representative from each team.

Region bonusses: Yay or Nay? If so what sort?

When and where are we going to hold this?: Talking on AIM to people they wanted this on multiple forums, not just BMG, but this would be complicated for people only on one forum. I think that we should start here and expand later, maybe rotating regions between the forums. AIM would make it faster, but difficult for members like Monbrey or Chainy to attend, especially with HKim's idea. When? I suggest July-September as the Summer holidays are on then and we'll get the biggest turnout.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Honestly, I think the best method to actually get the battles done should be a combination of two methods.

1) We use a FFA style where multiple teams/members get on and have a melee and the winner is the last team standing.

2) We use a fluid style approach of when a territory is being captured then any members of the teams can fight each other. Therefore, no time match ups are needed and we don't have to match the battles. Whoever is on can battle without things getting stagnant. If this second approach is used then it would mean teams would have to be random, otherwise we'll get a repeat of the last War when all the Vets ('cept for a couple) teamed up and destroyed everybody in the battle arena.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've put up a few polls about this on the Developement sub-forum, please give your opinions and if you think other options or more polls should be added, please tell me
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Trophies

I don't want this to come across as as me telling you off, but generally speaking, making that many polls/threads is considered spamming. Be more careful, and just have a discussion about it. The idea isn't even remotely developed enough yet to make any sort of final decisions on it. As much as a like the concept, I'm still a little doubtful that it will work at all. We have a fairly terrible record with tournaments lately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123