URPG War/Risk Idea - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: URPG War/Risk Idea

Trophies

Default Re: URPG War/Risk Idea

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMaster View Post
    I think that the only problem with standard FFA payment is multiple Pokemon per user. Would the payment be a single payment per mon, the user's average survival rate, or when their last mon was KO'd?

Also I've made a table for each Kanto town's special ability:

Pallet: Oak's lab 1 Free Starter per turn (duration of the War only)
    Viridian: Trainer's school. 25% off Tutor moves.
    Pewter: Museum: 1 free fossil Pokemon per 3 turns
    Cerulean: Daycare: 25% off BMs
    Vermilion: SS Anne: access to any costal town/city
    Lavender: Pokemon Tower, free ghost per turn
    Celadon: Departement Store: 25% off TMs
    Saffron: Magnet Train: access to Goldenrod
    Fuchsia: Safari Zone: one free Pokemon from Safari Zone list per turn
    Cinabar: Volcano, one free Fire from a list somewhere type per turn

Each region will be quite similar so I won't do those until later
    I'm a little confused here. Are you suggesting people get a free Pokemon or cheaper TM's based on what city they chose to ally with? Or would this apply only to a Pokemon rented for the tournament. Because I can guarantee right now a free Safari Zone Pokemon is going to be better than a free starter. Because if people get to keep them, in 99% of cases I can guarantee the Staff, myself included, will say no to this plan. We don't give away Pokemon/items/discounts for participating, only as rewards for actually winning a whole tournament/competition. If they're only rentals though, then we have to take a whole lot of balancing factors into account, to make sure people arent just going to flock to one city to reap the rewards.

As for just having FFA's a different times, it can't apply to a tournament based around elimination. You can't be eliminated if you aren't there, but then you also shouldn't be eligible to win/proceed.

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, you only Keep the mons during the duration of the War, same with the TMs (probably). Also its only one Pokemon split between all of them, so on average people would only get one Pokemon each.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Trophies

People aren't going to pay for TM's they don't keep.

Blog Entries

I said probably.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

LS-

Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Special shoutout to the australians in the house:

Also, this idea sounds pretty cool. Just needs some tweaking.
    Alaskapigeon and SLCalamity like this.

I like the idea, though it is a little complicated. Doing FFAs as a 'war' sounds really fun so definitely keep that part. Do we have enough people to make this work?
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How I took this to understand was, each gym leader gets a specific number of pokemon from their gym type. They also start with a set amount of money. Then they use said money to buy a new mon or moves (kind of like the budget tourney). The bonuses can be balanced if we manage the prices well enough so the towns that get free mons aren't winning like crazy. Say we just use the list for the budget tourney.

I kind of like the idea of using a mono typing approach. That way each city needs to conquer other cities so try can gain access to those types and use them to counter their first types weaknesses. I like this approach because certain bonuses involving free pokemon would be limited in the constraints to only of types you have available to you. So like for the free starter pokemon, you can't even get one if you don't have a certain type under your control.

I think having this center around FFAs could be cool, but I don't see that working out early on. Maybe if the FFAs became a component of interleague battles. Like if Kanto were completely under control and Johto were under one team's control, they could then challenge and it would be an FFA between team members. Other than that, I kind of see a battle approach to this working best. If a city attacks another city, they should battle and then if the attacker comes out on top they get said city. If the defender wins, they get a substantial reward and immunity from the attacking forced for another turn (meaning they can't keep attacking the same city). If a city only has one member and the attacker has several, it should still only come down to a 1v1 to make it fair, the attacker just has more types to use for an advantage.

I like this idea because it is a mixture of the gym tourney, the budget tourney, the FFA tourney thing, and Risk. Now for the turn system, I'd say they should last a week and everybody should post whatever actions they intend to take in whatever the main thread is. That way, people can see who is attacking and organize a battle for the week. Battle logs can also be put in said thread.

This also sounds cool just because of the different strategies you could take, like creating a barrier around your favorite city. And also, with the typing involved, you have to think things out and see what you need to compete.

I could see this working in many other ways, but this could just be an interesting way to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    How I took this to understand was, each gym leader gets a specific number of pokemon from their gym type. They also start with a set amount of money. Then they use said money to buy a new mon or moves (kind of like the budget tourney). The bonuses can be balanced if we manage the prices well enough so the towns that get free mons aren't winning like crazy. Say we just use the list for the budget tourney.

I kind of like the idea of using a mono typing approach. That way each city needs to conquer other cities so try can gain access to those types and use them to counter their first types weaknesses. I like this approach because certain bonuses involving free pokemon would be limited in the constraints to only of types you have available to you. So like for the free starter pokemon, you can't even get one if you don't have a certain type under your control.

I think having this center around FFAs could be cool, but I don't see that working out early on. Maybe if the FFAs became a component of interleague battles. Like if Kanto were completely under control and Johto were under one team's control, they could then challenge and it would be an FFA between team members. Other than that, I kind of see a battle approach to this working best. If a city attacks another city, they should battle and then if the attacker comes out on top they get said city. If the defender wins, they get a substantial reward and immunity from the attacking forced for another turn (meaning they can't keep attacking the same city). If a city only has one member and the attacker has several, it should still only come down to a 1v1 to make it fair, the attacker just has more types to use for an advantage.

I like this idea because it is a mixture of the gym tourney, the budget tourney, the FFA tourney thing, and Risk. Now for the turn system, I'd say they should last a week and everybody should post whatever actions they intend to take in whatever the main thread is. That way, people can see who is attacking and organize a battle for the week. Battle logs can also be put in said thread.

This also sounds cool just because of the different strategies you could take, like creating a barrier around your favorite city. And also, with the typing involved, you have to think things out and see what you need to compete.

I could see this working in many other ways, but this could just be an interesting way to do it.
    Your quite right but very wrong also. Read the first post and it will hopefully explain. A brief point is that cities can have more than one trainer.

Alaska, your right, this might be a bit thinned out so I suggest that we only have Kanto and Johto, also allowing gyms like Celadon to be filled in by the Striaton Leader (Mubz at the moment I think)

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Let's not call it War so we can avoid confusion with the PE2K Summer event.

LS-

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Let's not call it War so we can avoid confusion with the PE2K Summer event.

That's what I thought. I was going to post saying ITS THE WAR U DUMMY

but then I actually read it.

Blog Entries

I suggest risk, and maybe just Kanto because of the numbers

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Trophies

Risk was already done, and was gonna be done again last year but....dat ireign.

call it something like conquest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes. View Post
    Risk was already done, and was gonna be done again last year but....dat ireign.

call it something like conquest
    I like conquest. Let's stick with that. Maybe an idea would be six "campaigns" one for each region (including OI) to keep it interesting

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Before we start discussing the outline of the game (regions etc) we still have to work out the mechanics first. One step at a time.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Before we start discussing the outline of the game (regions etc) we still have to work out the mechanics first. One step at a time.
    This

I'd like to see this run, but I think unfortunately it's just too big to succeed. URPG tournaments and events should be short and sweet, otherwise they drag on and people lose interest. Look to the Game Board for an example (no offense, FD, it was a cool idea). I've also been involved in quite a few development projects for the URPG, and I think you'll find that actually coordinating people to do stuff is a huge pain.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this succeeds cos it sounds like a lot of fun. I just don't think it will.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast