Trial Mission Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trial Mission Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trial Mission Discussion

I think we should give him a little time. He hasn't updated his URPG stuff, let alone get onto BMG, at all for a week. I do think that we should wait.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Hey guys, sorry for being gone a while. Locust attacks, floods, and a sick grandma are all part of my wonderful little world right now. I'm back now, though, and we can roll again. My sincere apologies.

In related news, the dude does not move. He just kinda lays there and whines.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Its all right! We were more worried than agitated, right? *Elbows Evan* And I hope that everything's all right now.

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

RL happens. It's cool. In unrelated notes, do we need to wait for your summary post after each of ours, or can we post right after the last person if we're next?
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Haha, good to know that if I vanish off the face of the Earth a few people would notice xD

And yeah, I guess you guys can post immediately after each other as long as you're not skipping over the turns of any units I need to move as the DM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

I haven't seen Kanga online in a while, and it worries me. Should we skip his turn this time around, saying the rest of us act before he has a chance to decide what to do? Or should one of us pilot his turn for the moment? Or even give it more time?
    Evan F's Stats

I reckon we give him a bit more time. We'll wait until Januray 1st (my time, I'll post) and then we'll temporarily skip him and see if anyone else on the Planning Staff wants to bot him.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Probably busy with the holidays. Though we should probably let you know if we're going to be away or busy for a period of time.

Hi guys this is the first time that ive actually been online since the last time i posted pretty much. Sorry I was Away for so long but my sisters been here for holidays and we have been going out alot with my parents so had no time for anything, plus a few other issues. I will try and post now.

This goes to show a perfect issue with this sort of thing. With most D&D groups, you have a set time weekly to sit down and play for X hours. Something like this, constantly running, requires more attention to the project.

What do we do when someone doesn't post for several days, and we're waiting on them? I understand that real life happens, but in something like this, it requires a commitment, and I think there should be consequences for a prolonged absence.

It also raises the question of what the characters do in the event of someone not showing; do they just gloss over it? Does the person get 'puppeted' by the GM? Or does everyone wait with bated breath until the return of the absentee?
    Evan F's Stats

Blog Entries

That's a good point, Evan. While things do happen, I believe that in dire circumstances, they may simply be passed if something comes up.

This is gunna be a fair post. Go get a cup of coffee or something.

When it comes to inactivity and group roleplays, there are severe problems. When a Trainer goes inactive in a normal Park run, it's not a huge deal, because usually the Ranger doesn't really care that much. During Team Runs, and this Trial Mission, however, individuals going inactive is a huge problem because it weighs down the team. When you take on a team rp, you should be making a serious commitment that should be upheld. Originally, I was asking for one post a day, but I admit that was too much. However, I don't think once every two days is too much to ask. And really, except under the most dire circumstances everyone should be able to take ten minutes to quickly shove something up on the net.

When it actually does happen, however, I think it should be up to the party to decide what happens, not the DM. The DM guides the party through an adventure, what happens outside of it is not his domain. When a party member goes missing, I think one of the following should happen, and which one should be decided by a majority vote:

Option One: The party waits.
    Option Two: The person is skipped.
    Option Three: Someone is temporarily subbed in and given control of the person.

The third option is tricky, because the new person won't be able to rp very well as the old one, and there has to be some kind of reward incentive that will probably involve lots of calculations, but we can worry about that later.

Regarding this situation, as the DM, I'm happy to leave it up to the party. You guys decide what you want to do, then let me know in here.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

V_V
    Evan F's Stats

Okay, this is just a note to everyone that I know it's my turn to post the board and stuff, but my desktop with all my Missions files on it is currently being repaired. I hope to have it back by the end of the week and the very first thing I will do is post.

Sorry about this, guys.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

I'd be happy to sub!! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast