PMD-Style Auto-Missions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMD-Style Auto-Missions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PMD-Style Auto-Missions

About the egg rewards,

There are only 4 types in Easiest: Water (Karp), Poison (Weedle), Grass(Sewaddle), Bug(Caterpie, Wurmple, Burmy, Kricketot, Scatterbug, Sewaddle, Weedle)
    So if you get an Easiest egg by doing a high level mission, you can only get Pokemon that are easily obtained by writing, art and/or the park much quicker.
    I propose you should bump up all these eggs by one level (Simple, Medium, Hard and Complex) so its a bit more worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
    About the egg rewards,

There are only 4 types in Easiest: Water (Karp), Poison (Weedle), Grass(Sewaddle), Bug(Caterpie, Wurmple, Burmy, Kricketot, Scatterbug, Sewaddle, Weedle)
    So if you get an Easiest egg by doing a high level mission, you can only get Pokemon that are easily obtained by writing, art and/or the park much quicker.
    I propose you should bump up all these eggs by one level (Simple, Medium, Hard and Complex) so its a bit more worthwhile.
    As much as I see the logic in your proposal I can also answer why we can't bump up the level of the eggs.

Going by the game, and basics of life at conception, Complex eggs provide a lot of Stage 2 Pokemon which would go against of "Pokemon Genetics". While there are some Basics listed on complex, it would give others a form of edge against others. As it is, it's easy to obtain Pokemon on level 10 missions. Missions make it easier to obtain Pokemon than the other methods and unwanted Pokemon can be used for basics, traded off, sold, gifted, or just used for PMD. Missions cannot replace the primary way of obtaining Pokemon

With that said, I am not opposed to the idea of the chance of obtaining a higher level of eggs during special events or under special circumstances. However, that is something for us to discuss at a further date.
    Last edited by DarknessRuler; 15th February 2014 at 05:27 PM.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

I am also against bumping it up to simple/medium/hard/complex because I feel that this would be way too easy of a method to get those higher ranked mons, especially considering how luck-based a decent part of these missions are. ^_^ Mayyybe simple/medium/medium/hard, but tbh it's okay as it is with easiest/simple/simple/medium.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with Simple/Medium/Medium/Hard or even Simple/Simple/Medium/Medium. I just feel that Easiest isn't really much of a reward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
    I'm okay with Simple/Medium/Medium/Hard or even Simple/Simple/Medium/Medium. I just feel that Easiest isn't really much of a reward.
    I'm against having anything above Medium-ranked available so easily. except the Berry Store, because lol Like people have said before me, this is fairly luck-based, and it seems like once people get to the required rank for eggs, they can churn out Pokemon like hotcakes. Facetiously, but yeah.

However, to address your point-- I'm not terribly familiar with how the system works, but I'd see the Easiest not as a reward in itself--it's sort of a stepping-stone rank to higher-valued Pokemon, I guess? Think of it like getting getting a gym badge: you only really ever use the TM, but you need the badge to complete your set and eventually challenge E4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I' sorry but with this game being luck based and an easy method of obtaining Pokemon, we are going to keep it at Easy/Simple/Simple/Medium. I understand the point of Easiest not feeling much like a reward, however, you can either hold onto em for PMD, evolve em and make em better, or sell em at the yearly garage sell. But at this time I cannot find reason within myself to increase the level of the egg drop.

Now don't think that we're going to push the idea aside. We will hold onto it and if, at a later time, we don't think the set up for the eggs is right we will increase it then. Or not. If we don't like the egg drop concept we could just get rid of it all together. But there is too much reward to be worried about something so small.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Weavile Leader Maxie the Weavile's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Idea we should Allow certain FE mons, Like 1 per group for example with My Weavile What if there's a Mission that requires a Ice type and the HM Surf my Weavile would fit the requirement because it knows surf . the same could apply to other FE Mons, it depends on the Situation
    Last edited by Maxie the Weavile; 20th February 2014 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that FE mons should be allowed, mainly because in the PMD games there are FE teams, and this way it removes the problem brought up before of PMD permabasics being a liability in case of Roar/Whirlwind

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

If we allow FE it literally is just a chance for free money though, assuming you have the Pokemon for whatever the requirements are.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a suitable basic is essentially the only requirement right now for a gamble at some free money, with better chances based on your Pokemon. Including FE's will make this ridiculously easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ice type basics with Surf: Sneasel, Spheal, Sealeo, Cubchoo, Bergmite.

Not that that's a likely requirement. IF ANYTHING, maybe allow a certain list of FEs that are similar to NFEs in whatever way (either because of bad stats like Spinda/Unown or small and cute like Plusle/Minun/Dedenne or whatever). Allowing any FE kind of defeats the purpose.

As for higher level Pokémon, let me just point out that while you have to wait for the mission to be completed, you'd probably have to wait about as long for a grade on a monstrous enough story. The difference is it also took you a ton to write that story. While it's true Easiest isn't a large category, not everything there is useless (and you're also forgetting that there are evolutions of those that are Ground, Steel, and Flying).
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The problem that I have, and have had from the start, is that PMD is basically asking those who want to participate to obtain basics and spend money on them. However, the decision stands at only NFE. On rare occasions, like special events, we may allow for FE Pokemon without having to have success in other missions.

I am working on the list of Pokemon that are allowed to participate and those who can't.

UPDATE:

So I've been trying to work on the list of Pokemon that can participate. To make it easy here's the following list

ALLOWED:
    Any Pokemon that is considered basic by URPG standards
    Corsola
    Farfetch'd
    Pinsir
    Ditto
    Qwilfish
    Plusle
    Minun
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Chatot
    Dedenne
    Carbink

Anything not listed cannot be used. The list may change as we see fit or need it to be. But right now go by this list.

Also keep in mind that any Pokemon can appear within the mission run.
    Last edited by DarknessRuler; 27th February 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12