Mission Planning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mission Planning

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mission Planning

Yeah, I think this will work. When will we be able to start this? And, yes. We're using the basic D&D system.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Nah, it didn't come off as bossy. My idea there wasn't intended to be anything more than the seed of an adventure, to which there's a lot more work that needs to be done; for that, I turn to my DM's guides that talk about building adventures/campaigns. I was going to get a more comprehensive writeup going and post that, figure out what to add/change/keep, and go from there with building the actual mission.

As to the size, I think for these starter adventures, we should limit it to 3 people adventuring in each mission; this helps things move along more quickly, and makes certain that they have a bit more involvement. I also don't know that the people running them should be in the other missions; this'll let us broaden the pool of people who could be involved, but I'm less attached to that idea - I'd love to give one a try the first time through, but I wouldn't want us to take up all of it, y'know?
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Blog Entries

Same about the guides; that's where I turn. Other than that, three people sounds perfectly fine as a limit. It would prevent people from being excluded. As a rule, we could also replace people if one person has not been online to make things go faster.

Well, I don't want to quote from my DM guide verbatim, because of potential copyright issues (even though no money's being made), so I'll try and do brief summaries of adventure building.

a) How does the adventure start? How does it end? What happens in between?
    b) For quests, what's the situation, and what led up to it? Does solving it require responding to something happening, or going somewhere? Why do the adventurers care about the situation?
    c) Where is it taking place? What sorts of locations or terrain are there? What's interesting or scary besides Pokemon?
    d) Who and what is in the area? Is there a villain? Who else cares about the situation, and who of them are helpful, neutral, or hostile?

As far as format goes, it leaves much to be desired, so I want to get it cleaned up as far as getting a general form for adventure synopsis. Anything I missed? Anything that we don't particularly need? I would like to have keywords about the adventure to quickly summarize things, so people can pick if they want mystery, intrigue, dialogue, and the like.
    Evan F's Stats

Blog Entries

A quick summarization would probably suffice for finding which is best for what one wants to participate in. However, I think that the base setup for everything was already posted.

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    Well, I don't want to quote from my DM guide verbatim, because of potential copyright issues (even though no money's being made), so I'll try and do brief summaries of adventure building.

a) How does the adventure start? How does it end? What happens in between?
    b) For quests, what's the situation, and what led up to it? Does solving it require responding to something happening, or going somewhere? Why do the adventurers care about the situation?
    c) Where is it taking place? What sorts of locations or terrain are there? What's interesting or scary besides Pokemon?
    d) Who and what is in the area? Is there a villain? Who else cares about the situation, and who of them are helpful, neutral, or hostile?

As far as format goes, it leaves much to be desired, so I want to get it cleaned up as far as getting a general form for adventure synopsis. Anything I missed? Anything that we don't particularly need? I would like to have keywords about the adventure to quickly summarize things, so people can pick if they want mystery, intrigue, dialogue, and the like.
    Pretty sure that the D20 system is Open Lisence, so no need to worry about copyright infringement as long as we don't mention D&D specific things.
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

Quote Originally Posted by DrStubbsberg View Post
    Pretty sure that the D20 system is Open Lisence, so no need to worry about copyright infringement as long as we don't mention D&D specific things.
    I actually lifted it from a 4e book in the Dungeon Master kit; I did modify the wording around. I don't think anything in 4e is open source, since it's not using the d20 Core that 3.0, 3.5, Modern and Pathfinder, among others, are based on. I figured it's best to just sidestep any potential issues by re-wording, summarizing, and expanding, rather than plagarizing.
    Evan F's Stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12