Main RP: Mount Oktori - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Main RP: Mount Oktori

Default Re: Main RP: Mount Oktori

[OoC: Just so you know, SARAH is Ron's Pokédex. He has a "telepathic" link with her for reasons that will be explained in more detail as we go along. Also, sorry for the looooooong post. I had a lot to explain. ^^;]

@ChainReaction01
    @WinterVines

---

The closest sensation that Ron could relate to his current situation was that of using Teleport with a Pokémon. He had done that before once or twice, and he didn't much enjoy that feeling. But this was something far more unusual.

The bright flash of light that had enveloped his body faded to reveal some sort of psychedelic vortex; it was a tunnel of watercolors that sped past him almost as quickly as his eyes were able to register them. Faster and faster he could feel himself falling, his white linen shirt flapping in the nonexistent winds of the vacuum. He instinctively spread his arms wide, and let his feet fall out behind him. He held this position for a few seconds before straightening himself out like a torpedo, and leaning as best he could down towards wherever it was that he was going. He wanted to get there quickly, because as nice as this impressionistic realm was, he already missed the stability and safety of solid ground.

The vortex looped in on itself several times as it whooshed past him, and yet, he somehow stayed on the path that it was directing him to, without coming to an untimely stop on a stray rock jutting from the sides. From the looks of things, there were no rocks TO hit, but Ron wasn't worried. He closed his eyes, the wind forcing them shut, and allowed himself to fall.

It wasn't long afterwards that Ron was forcefully jolted from his fall by a similar whooshing sound, this time in the opposite direction from where he was falling. Startled, he opened his eyes, and was presented with the reality that he longed for.

He had "landed" in a place unfamiliar to him, though it looked similar to Mount Coronet in some ways; the landscape was largely dominated by a thick layer of snow. There was a path laid out in front of him that led to the base of the large mountain that the environment was based around. The mountain stood impressively at the center of his vision, piercing the overcast layer of clouds above him. There was no snow falling from the skies above yet, but there was a rather chilly breeze whipping up the powder and flinging it across the path in small, snaking drifts.

Then his feet finally touched solid ground again, and, all at once, the wind and snow made contact with his skin.

HOLY- He shivered violently, an instinctive response to being far under-dressed for a hike up the snowy mountainside. Guess I should have seen this coming, considering there was a picture of a mountain on the tape... He wrapped his arms around his body, and closed his eyes, trying to concentrate on a link that he wasn't even sure was still established. With an effort, he reached out for her in his thoughts.

SARAH, you there?

"I'm always here for you, big guy," the lusty voice from nowhere replied. Ron could feel his cheeks flush with color, and he was pretty sure some of the snow he was standing in was melting at his feet from the embarrassment. "So how was the Jump? Was it as...pleasurable as Jon made it sound like it was?"

Ron sighed. "I have to admit, it was pretty cool." He surveyed the area again, rubbing his hands up and down the length of his arms to warm his skin. His knees knocked together lightly below the hemline of his khaki shorts. "Though by the looks of it, I didn't exactly come dressed for the weather..."

"Well, that's nothing I can't fix for you, Ronny-poo, hmm-hmm."

"I told you not to call me that!" Ron sniffled indignantly at the pet name, though he knew this was just the reaction SARAH was looking for.

"Oh, you're so cute when you're desperate. So, what do you want to wear? I can dress you how~e~ver you want, big boy. Or I could always choose something for you..."

Ron shuddered at the thought of SARAH dressing him in a skin-tight Speedo before forming an image of warm, wind- and snow-resistant clothing in his mind. He concentrated on the image, blocking out the cold air that was whipping all around him; with a similar whooshing sound that he heard when he arrived, he was greeted with a much more inviting warmth than he had been feeling. He set himself on the path to the mountain and kicked his boots together to get rid of the excess snow that had materialized there. There was a small amount left on his snow pants, which he brushed away with his wind-resistant gloves.

"That's better," he said, adjusting his hat. "Thanks, SARAH, I needed these." He zipped up his insulated jacket and folded his scarf inside so that it held onto his body heat. "Just...one more thing, though..."

"Anything at all, my love."

"Next time I make a Jump, try to turn down the reruns of Sliders a little bit. I felt like I was on an acid trip, or something."

"Well, I can't guarantee anything like that, Ron. You know Jon loved his Sliders."

"I'm starting to think you like him more than you like me." Ron smirked cynically as he felt the omniscient Pokédex make what sounded like a harrumphing noise and fall silent. As he started down the path, he voiced in his thoughts that he, of course, was just playing around with her.

The base of the mountain drew closer after only a few minutes, and Ron started to notice a few small details in the distance. It looked like there was a modest little dwelling just off the path, with an enclosure not too far past it. Ron figured this was his destination; if anything, it was the only thing that closely resembled a human settlement that he had yet seen, so it was only natural that he would be drawn to explore it.

At that point, something in his mind clicked that he hadn't even considered before.

Why am I here again, anyway?

He rummaged through his pockets for some sort of clue, since there wasn't really any background information that came with the tape other than the picture of the mountain sprawled out in front of him. His hand settled on a folded up piece of paper, which he unfolded to reveal what he figured was a brochure for the area he found himself in. The front of the pamphlet read, in large letters, "The National Park!", and the inside contained a detailed map of the entirety of this Park. It was actually a large island located in the middle of an isolated region, and it contained many vastly different environments where Trainers would explore for the chance at encountering a rare Pokémon or two. One of the areas was circled in red marker - the very mountain he stood in the wake of now. Whoever had placed the map on his person obviously had an interest in exploring here - or in having him explore it.

This revelation led to another one as he returned the brochure to his pocket: there was another set of footsteps coming up behind him. He turned around to see a small flame bobbing back and forth further down the path. As it steadily got closer, he could see that it was attached to something, a long winding tail that stood on end as its owner ran up the mountain on all fours. It was a monkey-like Pokémon, with a distinctive blue swatch on its forehead that looked similar to tribal paint. Its cowlick looked slightly wet, probably due to the Fire-type's internal body heat melting any ice that may have accumulated there in the cold. As it came closer, it seemed to recognize him, and it beamed as it picked up speed to meet up with him. When it was finally close enough, it planted its hands, did a cartwheel, and propelled itself into the air, landing impressively inches in front of him.

Ron smiled down at the spectacle, as the Monferno struck a pose not lacking in inspiration from a professional dancer. He looked back down the path, and saw that the place where he had run was melted more than the snow around it. He returned his gaze to this unfamiliar ally.

"What took you so long, Mowgli?" Ron was taken aback by this statement; he had never met this Monferno before in his life, and here he was calling it by its nickname! It responded with a cheerful "Mon!" as well, which only increased his suspicions. He racked his brain for the possibility of seeing this Pokémon before, but couldn't find any situation that matched the face standing in front of him. The only connection he could make was to Professor Rowan's laboratory, which he had visited back in Sinnoh a few weeks back...

"You're...from Rowan's lab, aren't you?"

Mowgli looked back at him with a puzzled look. It nodded fervently, as if to say, "Well, duh!"

"Of course," Ron replied. "Sorry, I just...I don't know, really." Mowgli shrugged, and bounded off in front of him towards the cabin. Ron stood still for a moment, watching his apparent partner as he went ahead of him.

What in the world's going on? he thought, and he continued down the path after Mowgli.

"I'm trying to figure it out myself, Ron", SARAH chimed in, sounding more serious than ever. "It seems like the data from the tape is supplying you with something, as if you were a part of it. I don't know why, but I'll look into it."

"All right, SARAH," Ron replied. "And please...don't let it bother you too much. I like it better when you're playful." He smiled as he looked up at the sky, and he heard her laugh promiscuously before she tuned him out again.

As he got to the cabin, he noticed that he wasn't alone up here on this desolate mountain. There was a woman sitting on the bench near the dwelling, wrapping her black cloak around her turtleneck for warmth. A purplish feline cuddled next to her, its amethyst jewel glowing on its forehead despite the lack of sunlight. She and her Espeon didn't seem too bothered by the wind, he noticed; his eyes shifted to the powerful figure next to her, and he knew why. He could have pointed out the burly muscles, the concrete pillars it held, and the big red nose anywhere - her Conkeldurr was shielding them from the chilly breeze.

At least something's here to remind me of Unova, Ron realized, and he smiled.

He and Mowgli drew closer to the bench, and he pulled out his brochure to appear more busy than he actually was. As he came closer, he noted a couple of important details on the pamphlet about how the Park functioned, before he drew it away from his face to introduce himself.

"Hey there," he said as he stopped a few feet away. "You the Ranger around these parts? I'm..." Ron's sentence trailed off as Mowgli continued past him and stopped right in front of the Conkeldurr. He poked playfully at one of its concrete pillars, as if testing it to see what it was.

Ron placed his hand behind his neck, and laughed sheepishly. "Um...sorry, he's...a little curious," he felt himself saying, even though he wasn't entirely aware of whether or not it was true. "Anyway, I'm Reynold D'Augustino, but everyone calls me Ron." He extended a hand out in greeting.

"So, we waiting on anybody else, or...?" Just as he said that, he heard yet another set of footsteps walking up the path behind him.

Ask a stupid question, he thought, and he turned around to see the next Trainer in their group making his way towards them.

---
    Last edited by Neighborhood-Guest; 18th February 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

OOC: Well, damn. You're gunna make me look like a bad poster xD

@WinterVines

~~~~~

"Ah, just feel that breeze!" Jakk exclaimed as he raised his arms into the air, loving the feel of the mountain's cold air running around his waist and under his arms. He wasn't really talking to anyone, though. Like the rest of his family, Jakk hated the warmth and loved the cold. He took his love of cold temperatures a bit farther than usual, though. He'd worn a jacket exactly five times since turning eighteen - twice when out camping on Mount Coronet, once because a doctor ordered him to, and once because he lost a bet. The other time he refused to think about at all.

Jakk lowered his arms and continued trudging through the snow. He didn't really know why he was here, to be honest. Jathan was the collector of the family. Jakk was quite happy with the Pokemon in his gym, and he wasn't looking for any new additions or replacements. Still, James was always giving him grief for never coming to the Park before. After all, as Jathan would often say, "I came to that crapsack city to challenge your pathetic excuse for a Gym, so why haven't you been to my beautiful scenic island?" Finally, Jakk couldn't put it off any longer, although truthfully, he was curious to see what the National Park was like. There was no choice as to where in the Park he was going, though - wherever the Fighting-types were, Jakk would be.

Thankfully, James had sent an earlier message that he wouldn't be Jakk's Ranger. That was fine by the young Gym Leader - he tried not to cross family with pleasure. The one thing James had been able to do was get Jakk a partner - apparently exploring the Park was more fun in pairs. Jakk just hoped his new friend would be pretty and have an ample chest. You know, the kind of woman that's just fun to look at, and maybe have a beer with.

Jakk's black sneakers crunched through the snow, and he looked down at them with distaste. He loved those shoes and refused to change them out, but they probably weren't ideal for exploring an icy mountain. He could already feel the moisture seeping in, but that wasn't a huge issue. Worst case, he'd get Stresser to give them a quick flash-dry.

The young man looked up, and saw a cabin just up a little bit, at the end of the path. There were two people there - he couldn't make much out because of the snow on the wind. He could see a Monferno, and also a Conkeldurr. Jakk's grin widened. He hadn't yet had the pleasure of meeting a Conkeldurr. Perhaps there'd be time for a quick spar, or even just an arm wrestle. He was getting tired of beating Jugg. Well, in the first two rounds, anyway.

As Jakk got closer he caught the arse-end of an introduction. Apparently the closer person was the Trainer, and not the Ranger. That was a bit of a pity - the Ranger looked fine. He also knew exactly who she was, just from James' description: Ivy Frost, another of the Elite Rangers.

The Trainer turned around to catch an eyeful of Jakkl he'd probably heard the crunching snow. Jakk hoped he wasn't too intimidated, but that was a common occurrence. His impressive musculature combined with the fact that he didn't attempt to hide it often made men feel a little uncomfortable. He knew that James certainly took offense from the insults the two of them traded.

"Nice to meet ya," Jakk said to the young man, inclining his head in greeting. He grinned at the Monferno and regarded the Conkeldurr with a look that was respectful but completely fearless - the proper way to interact with Fighting-types. Jakk noted an Espeon on Ivy's lap - that would be Haji, he thought - and twisted his arm over his chest before bowing from his waist to the cat in an ancient gesture of respect and humility. Finally, he regarded Ivy with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Well, if it isn't the lovely young Ranger I've heard so much about," he greeted her, grinning as he spoke. He lowered himself easily onto one knee, ignoring the cold snow on his skin, and bowed once more like he had to Haji. "But surely James must have gotten your name wrong - Ivy Frost is not a suitable name for such a warm flower."

Jakk could almost feel James groaning at the incredibly over-the-top greeting, but he knew it was just because the Ranger would have been angry that he hadn't thought of it first. Jakk stood back up onto his feet effortlessly and shoved his hands into his pockets in a way that would have made him look shy, except that he was still openly grinning at Ivy. There was nothing lecherous or ambitious in that grin, simply friendliness and warmth tempered with perhaps a touch of respect for Ivy's physical attractiveness. The question was, would Ivy respond to Jakk in the way he thought she would?
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

@ChainReaction01
    @Neighborhood-Guest

(OOC: You both are making me look bad.)

NBP#2

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The wind continued to howl, but Brin blocked most of it. Still, Haji had crawled out from underneath the bench shortly after she sat down, and he was now huddled close to her side and partly sprawled across her lap so they could save heat. Maybe there was a draft down below that the Conkeldurr couldn't stop.

They waited peacefully for a few minutes after that. The quiet was something Ivy appreciated about Oktori, even though she knew how dangerous the place could be. The office was usually stifling with all of those people running about doing Ranger and secretary duties, and it was nice to get away into the open space. She'd take a hike up the mountain over paperwork any day.

She didn't have to wait long when she spotted a man with light brown hair coming up the path. He had a thick winter jacket on, complete with gloves, boots, and snow pants. He definitely looked ready for a snowy mountain hike. It could get pretty nasty in higher altitudes. As he got closer, she saw he was holding one of the Park pamphlets in his hand, the type that were usually mailed out for an attempt at advertising. A Monferno dashed ahead of him, its flame trailing in its wake.

They stopped a short way from the bench, and Ivy stood up. “Hey there,” he said as she did. “You the Ranger around these parts? I'm...” He trailed off as the Monferno skidded past him, shooting right in front of Brin. The snow he kicked up washed over the Conkeldurr's feet, but the large Fighting-type didn't make any negative motions. In fact, he barely twitched.

Ivy looked back at the Trainer as he laughed a little sheepishly while rubbing his head. “Um... sorry, he's… a little curious,” he said. “Anyway, I'm Reynold D'Augustino, but everyone calls me Ron.”

He held out a hand to shake and Ivy smiled as she took it. “Hey, Ron. I'm Ivy Frost, the Ranger today. This here is Haji,” she said as she motioned with her head to the purple cat still on the bench. She felt his mental energies brush outward in greeting to the Trainer. “And over there is Brin. He doesn't look too bothered by your Monferno.” As she looked back at him, he seemed to be showing the curious monkey what his pillars were like. He was tilting one outward so the Pokemon could peek around it.

“So,” he said, “we waiting on anybody else, or...?” He trailed off, and Ivy heard the sound of feet crunching over snow. Even if she hadn't heard it, Haji had alerted her mentally that someone was coming.

Compared to Ron, this guy looked like he came to the wrong party. Dressed in a white tank top and black slacks, he looked more concerned with showing off his impressive set of muscles than keeping warm. There was a red jacket tied around his waist, but he didn't seem inclined to put it on. Spiky blonde hair topped a head that wore a confident smile, and she suddenly suspected exactly who it was.

When he stopped among them, he gave Ron a friendly greeting while nodding his head. Then he made rounds: grinning at the Monferno, giving Brin a look that seemed to say he knew a thing or two about Fighting-types, and then almost formally bowing to Haji, who she could feel was very amused about something. Then he turned to her, and she wasn't sure what kind of mischief he was planning with that look on his face.

“Well, if it isn't the lovely young Ranger I've heard so much about,” he said. The grin never left his face. Then, he got down on one knee and did an even deeper bow. An onlooker would probably get the wrong idea if they saw. “But surely James must have gotten your name wrong – Ivy Frost is not a suitable name for such a warm flower.”

Haji's laughter touched lightly on her mind, and Ivy tried not to burst out laughing. Brin even snorted, and that was the most input the newcomers had gotten out of him. Still, she couldn't help but smile a little.

“Oh, just wait until I lead you into a sunken snow pit. Then we'll see who's making the puns, Mr. Carter.” With lines like that, he could only be related to Chainy and Jathan. Leo had told her some of their exploits. Then, she had a wicked idea. She stepped closer and softened her smile a bit, flicking her hair so it fell over her shoulder gracefully. She leaned in close to the still-kneeling man and softly said, “What a shame it'll be to freeze that six-pack of yours.”

Then, she abruptly pushed him over into the snow as she backed away, grinning to herself.

“Now,” she said louder, “if you two are ready, we'll get this expedition started. Follow me.” She paused as she passed the bench, looking toward Haji and asking him mentally, “Are you coming with this time?”

The purple cat simply nodded and jumped down from his seat to stand beside her. Then she motioned to Brin. “Lead on, sir,” she told him, and the Conkeldurr took a breath and stepped forward, dragging his heavy concrete pillars in front of him. It sort of looked like dual-canes. The pieces of rock made tracks in the snow as Ivy followed him.

They made it maybe fifty feet up the path before Brin abruptly halted and put his heavy stone blocks on the ground. He held his right fist up to stop the rest of them, and then Ivy waited as a snowball sailed across the path to the other side. Then, another one, only coming from the opposite direction.

She looked to the side and saw a red steel beam sticking out from behind a snow block wall. Just over the top she could make out a dusty cream-colored head of a Pokemon with a red nose. She immediately recognized it as a Gurdurr, the stage before Conkeldurr. Gazing to the other side, she saw an exact copy. The two Fighting-types must be having a snowball fight, and they had just stepped into the middle of the battlefield.

It was a good of starting point as any. “Okay, guys, here's a pair of Gurdurr. Wanna take a shot at them?” Conkeldurr were powerful fighters, and she had seen the way Jakk had looked at Brin. If what she remembered was correct, he was a Gym Leader of that type.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Gurdurr: 100%
    ??? ??? Gurdurr: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
    Name: Guest
    Encounters Remaining: 14
    Area Effects: It's a little windy.

Chainy Pokémon Encountered: Gurdurr
    Guest Pokémon Encountered: Gurdurr

Chainy Pokémon Captured: None
    Guest Pokémon Captured: None

Chainy MCR: 4,652/15,000 [Borderline Rank]
    Guest MCR: 10,906/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Chainy Items: 5x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Status Bomb x2; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Supreme Park Ball x2; Glossy Lens; Apricorn Box

Guest Items: Park Ball x2, Super Ball x2, Hyper Ball x2, Lava Cookie x3, Energy Powder x3

Chainy Pokémon Stats

Pokemon: Machamp
    Nickname: Jugg
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM06-Toxic, TM18-Counter, TM26-Earthquake, TM27-Fissure, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM65-Rain Dance, TM74-Ice Punch, TM75-Swagger, TM80-Thunderpunch, TM85-Fire Punch, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM126-Stone Edge, TM159-Bulldoze, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Encore, Close Combat

Pokemon: Blaziken
    Nickname: Stresser
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Quiet
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM03-Swords Dance, TM26-Earthquake, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM55-Roar, TM59-Hidden Power[FLYING], TM64-Protect, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM121-Shadow Claw, Thunderpunch, Baton Pass, Featherdance, Superpower, Agility, Feint

Pokemon: Electivire
    Nickname: Kai
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Nature: Relaxed Nature
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM59-Hidden Power[DRAGON], TM64-Protect, TM74-Ice Punch, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM147-Low Sweep, TM157-Volt Switch, Magnet Rise, Cross Chop, Meditate, Barrier, Low Kick, Feint

Guest Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Butterfree
    Nickname: Miranda
    Ability: Compoundeyes - Raises this Pokémon's Accuracy by 30%.
    Nature: Modest
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic, Solarbeam, Psychic, Swift, Dream Eater, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Nightmare, Roost, Energy Ball (TM); Air Cutter (MT); Morning Sun (SM)

Pokemon: Mothim
    Nickname: Ferdinand
    Ability: Swarm - When this Pokémon's HP drops below 33% of its maximum, the power of its Bug-type moves is multiplied by 150%.
    Nature: Adamant
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Safeguard, Roost, Energy Ball, Venoshock, Acrobatics (TM); Air Cutter, Signal Beam (MT, I think >_>; )

Pokemon: Monferno
    Nickname: Mowgli
    Ability: Blaze - When this Pokémon's HP drops below 33% of its maximum, the power of its Fire-type moves is multiplied by 150%.
    Nature: Quirky
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

[OoC: Yeah, sorry, lol. I just wanted to make these National Park trips slightly-but-not-really canon with my URPG story, and, well...that requires a LOT of explaining. xD ]

@ChainReaction01
    @WinterVines

---

"Hey, Ron. I'm Ivy Frost, the Ranger today." She returned Ron's gesture with a firm handshake before motioning to the Pokémon behind her. "This here is Haji," she said as she nodded to her Espeon, who was still curled up on the bench, away from the cold of the breeze. He looked up without a sound; after a second of silently gazing at him, Ron felt some sort of energy pressing into his thoughts. There were no spoken words, but he felt a certain euphoria, almost as if he was greeting a familiar friend. He figured this was the Psychic-type's way of saying "hello" to people that he didn't have a bond with.

Nice to meet you, too, Haji, Ron said, projecting it from his mind as he bowed his head and closed his eyes. He wasn't sure what the purple feline's capabilities were when it came to hearing his thoughts, but he figured that if he could give a feeling of euphoria to greet someone, he could receive one, as well.

"And over there is Brin," Ivy continued, nodding to her Conkeldurr. "He doesn't look too bothered by your Monferno." That was a relief, because Ron wasn't sure how he would have stopped Mowgli if the Fighting-type had taken offense to his childish curiosity. He gave Brin a respectful nod before returning his gaze to Mowgli, who had taken a certain rapture to the concrete pillars. He walked a circle around the pillar in Brin's left hand as the burly Fighting-type tilted it outward, staring at it with a twinkle in his eyes, as if he had discovered some kind of treasure. He came to a stop in front of the pillar again, a small smile creeping over his face. Ron saw him as he wound up an arm, balling his paws into a fist in preparation to test the strength of the pillar, and was about to grab for him when Mowgli's ears perked up. He turned towards the crunching snow behind them, ignoring the pillar for a minute. Ron followed his gaze back to the mountain path behind them.

He did a double-take to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. The man that was walking up the mountain path was hardly wearing anything to protect him from the cold; there was a red jacket tied around his waist, but it looked like it had been there for quite a while, so he figured it wouldn't be put on anytime soon. His black slacks shuffled along the ground, scooping up small bits of snow and flinging them out in all directions as he moved forward. And then, there was his upper body: the white tank top he wore left little to the imagination, and though he was decently far away yet, Ron could swear he could see the burly lines of definition in his monstrous arms already. Just as the bodybuilder-man approached the enclosure, Ron breathed an unintentional sigh of relief.

A little intimidated, my love? SARAH asked in his thoughts.

More like relieved, Ron replied. I seriously thought we were being attacked my some kind of mutant Beartic or something for a minute.

"Nice to meet you," he heard the man say as he stopped next to the enclosure to greet all of them.

"Likewise," Ron said, giving him a firm nod. He would have offered a hand, but subconsciously, he wasn't sure if his fingers would have made it out of the transaction in one piece. Besides, the bodybuilder-man had moved on, greeting everyone else in the group.

He grinned in Mowgli's direction, and Mowgli replied with a slight head tilt and a quick "No" before turning back to the pillar and poking it again. At the very least, he wasn't getting ready to punch it again, so Ron was thankful for that. He gave Brin a stern but respectful look, his gaze never wavering from the Fighting-type's eye contact, and then gave Haji a rather amusing bow that was unfitting given his size. Lastly, he turned to Ivy.

“Well, if it isn't the lovely young Ranger I've heard so much about,” the bodybuilder-man said, his face glowing with a grin that remained even as he bowed for her. “But surely James must have gotten your name wrong – Ivy Frost is not a suitable name for such a warm flower.”

There was a general din of amusement around the statement from Ivy and her Pokémon. Ron could hardly stifle a chuckle himself as the man formed his words.

You hearing this guy? Ron mused in his thoughts.

I am, SARAH replied, unimpressed. He'll have to cut the act if he really wants anything from her. Ron watched from the sidelines as Ivy reflected on the statement. She smiled a little - it seemed like she recognized this man from somewhere, though Ron was still in the dark about his identity. He looked back at the figure bowing in the snow. He looked somewhat familiar, but Ron couldn't quite put his finger on where he had seen him before, or if he had seen him at all. After the odd occurrence with Mowgli just a couple minutes ago, he wasn't really trustworthy of any outlying thoughts that occurred to him.

Meanwhile, Ivy had leaned in to a more personal distance with the bodybuilder-man, her hair cresting her shoulder neatly as it fell out in front of her. Her smile softened, but there was some mischief behind the outward expression.

“What a shame it'll be to freeze that six-pack of yours,” she said playfully, and she shoved him from his kneeling position. He fell bottom-first into the snow pile below as the Ranger stood back up and turned towards the path.

Other than that, of course, SARAH finished, and she laughed.

“Now,” she announced to Ron and the bodybuilder-man, “if you two are ready, we'll get this expedition started. Follow me.” She turned to Haji, who, after a moment of pondering, jumped down to join her at her side, his paws moving gingerly through the snow. She then motioned for Brin, and, with a grunt of effort, the Fighting-type lurched forward, dragging his pillars with him. As he lead his Trainer and her Espeon away from the enclosure and onto the mountain path, Ron approached the bodybuilder-man, letting Mowgli run up ahead to keep up with the group.

"Good try, man," he said apologetically to the figure in the snow. "I really thought you had her for a second there." He offered a hand to help him up. "I'm Reynold D'Augustino, by the way. But you can call me Ron." As he finished his sentence, he realized that one arm probably wasn't going to do much good in lifting up this monster of a man. If anything, Ron was just going to end up face-first in the snow next to him. He placed his other hand on the inside of his elbow to add a little support, and tried to stifle the bout of embarrassment that was welling up inside of him.

---

They hadn't gotten very far up the path before Brin stopped at the head of the group. He motioned for the rest of them to stop, as well; Mowgli moved to his side, placing one hand on Brin's right pillar as he looked out at the spectacle. There were a couple of Pokémon that looked like smaller versions of Conkeldurr on either side of the path. Instead of concrete, however, they toted steel girders around, which they had placed almost like flag posts on the inside of their hand-built snow forts. They were enjoying a snowball fight; one side threw a ball that caught the edge of a fort, and then the other side retaliated with their own projectile. They both stepped away from their forts for a minute (they probably needed to make more snowballs), and moved directly into the middle of the path in front of the group.

“Okay, guys," Ivy said as she turned towards them. "Here's a pair of Gurdurr. Wanna take a shot at them?”

"Hmm." Ron placed a hand on his chin as he had a good look at the two Fighting-types. He didn't have much experience with this stage of Conkeldurr's evolution, but from the wild Timburr that he had seen around Nacrene City, he knew that the evolutionary line definitely had some strength behind it. It would definitely be a worthwhile addition to his team if he managed to capture it.

Hold on a second, though, he thought as he watched them scrunch together a couple more snowballs. Can I even capture anything while I'm inside of the tape? I suppose it wouldn't make any difference while I'm here...but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep the Pokémon afterward... He turned his gaze towards the skies above the path. SARAH, do you know how this is going to work?

The Pokédex sighed remorsefully. As far as I know, Jon didn't install a transfer machine onto the apparatus you used for the Jump. I'll look into it, but unless I find something, I'm afraid you're right, my love.

Great...well, I'll try to get around them, then, while you work on that.

That would be best, Ronny-poo. And she went off snickering to herself as Ron's cheeks flushed with color. He returned his gaze to meet Ivy's and rubbed his head again, trying to hide the embarrassment with a rather crude explanation.

"Um...I would be interested," he began, "but I'm not sure I want to interrupt them. I mean, they look like they're having so much fun..." He looked out towards the Gurdurr, and noticed that another figure was running to join them.

"Mowgli, where are you going?!" Ron shouted after him, and he instantly slapped a hand over his mouth, in vain hopes that it would draw the scream back into his throat. So much for the element of surprise.

Mowgli turned back around, a small pout overtaking his face in an almost-child-like manner. It was as if he was saying, "Moooooooom! I wanna go play with the other kiiiiiiiiiiiiiids! Come oooooooooooon!"

Ron sighed. "All right, but be careful. If they get aggressive, show them your Acrobatics. You're really good at that, after all." He gave his partner a smile, and Mowgli beamed widely before turning back towards the Pokémon and bounding down the path into the fray of their snowball fight. He wasn't exactly sure what to expect (after all, Mowgli was still new to this whole concept of "snow", since he had never been anywhere close to Mount Coronet back in Sinnoh), but the thrill of the game the Gurdurr had been playing piqued his interest.

"Monferno!" he shouted with glee as he somersaulted into the middle of the battlefield. He took up a defensive stance, watching each side fixedly to see which one made the first move. If they didn't want him there, he'd show them why he belonged with the quick and lithe approach and strike that came natural to his kind.

This is NOT going to end well, Ron thought, and he sighed again.

---

(OOC: Lol, it's fine, there's a pretty interwoven storyline in the Park, and one of the best parts is everyone adding to it ^^ Also, my apologies if I slip into first-person, it's automatic. I think I got them all though >.>)

Ivy's face softened, and she stepped closer. “Oh, just wait until I lead you into a sunken snow pit. Then we'll see who's making the puns, Mr. Carter.”

Jakk saw the push coming - he was a martial artist, after all - but it looked like Ivy was used to being the "alpha female". He wasn't surprised, considering the pushover that Jathan was. He didn't resist as the young woman sent him spiraling into a snowdrift. It was good to see that Ivy had some real strength: if they'd been sparring, a strike from her may have actually hurt.

“What a shame it'll be to freeze that six-pack of yours,” the woman remarked playfully before turning around. “Now,” she said, visibly slipping back into the official Ranger mentality, “if you two are ready we'll get this expedition started. Follow me.”

Jakk's partner bent low and offered a hand. Jakk could have gotten up by himself, but he took the hand carefully and grinned at the young man.

"Good try, man," he said as Jakk dusted the snow off of his clothes. "I really thought you had her for a second there. I'm Reynold D'Augustino, by the way. But you can call me Ron."

"It's great to meet you, Ron," Jakk said enthusiastically, shaking his hand. "My name is Jakk Carter, so Jakk works well. And don't worry about her - according to my brother, she's loads of fun. Besides" - Jakk augmented his voice to make sure that Ivy could hear him - "she'll learn there ain't nothing cold enough on this mountain to freeze me."

It was hard to see through the snow, but it looked like Ivy shook her head a little bit in faux despair. Jakk grinned and followed the huge masculine form of her Conkeldurr.

A few minutes later, up the trail, Ivy slowed down. “Okay, guys, here's a pair of Gurdurr. Wanna take a shot at them?” she asked the pair of Trainers. Jakk's eyes narrowed - he wasn't used to seeing through snow. However, now that he was looking more carefully, he saw two of the Gurdurr throwing snowballs at each other. They had constructed two rudimentary forts but for some reason they had both abandoned the structures for open warfare. Jakk's eyes opened wide with glee - Gurdurr was the previous evolution stage of the mighty Conkeldurr, and it was exactly what Jakk wanted to test his strength against.

"Um... I would be interested, but I'm not sure I want to interrupt them. I mean, they look like they're having so much fun," Ron said slowly.

"That's okay, I'm sure they wouldn't us joining in," Jakk said enthusiastically. He really didn't want Ron to skip this battle. Thankfully, his Monferno seemed to have made up its mind, and the little fiery monkey ran off towards the other two Fighting-types.

"Mowgli, where are you going?!" the young Trainer called out. The Monferno stopped, albeit reluctantly, and he gave his Trainer a look of pure wanting. Jakk could tell that the Fire-type really wanted to play. Unfortunately for the Gurdurr, the Fighting style of play was a good spar.

Finally Ron gave in with a sigh. "All right, but be careful. If they get aggressive, show them your Acrobatics. You're really good at that, after all." The monkey gleefully ran towards the Gurdurr and settled into a defensive stance. No doubt Mowgli was waiting for a battle-partner, showing off the innate sense of honour that all Fighting-typed Pokemon possessed.

"Well, I guess I can't let Mowgli do all the fighting." Jakk grinned as he reached for his PokeBalls. "I think you'll do well here, Kai. Come on out!"

Jakk threw the ball out into the snow, and a bright red flash cut through the muted white tones of the mountain. The form of a shaggy yellow beast materialised, and the Electivire roared and stretched his arms. Despite the roar, Kai was a very docile and relaxed creature. Once his neck and tail had been cracked and rotated, he ambled over to Jakk and rubbed against the large man, crooning a hello.

"Hey there buddy," Jakk said as he scratched the Electric-type's chin. There were simple pleasures in life, and one of them was being out here in the world with your closest friends.

"Alright, that's enough, time to go back your new mate up," the Gym Leader said. "Go out there and cover Mowgli with a Reflect screen, then once he's struck, hit the other Gurdurr with a Cross Chop."

Kai turned and huffed, glad to be out of his ball. He lumbered towards the other Pokemon, slowly building up speed. He was used to battling in the snow - Jakk and his Pokemon trained frequently on Mount Coronet - so he wouldn't slip or anything. Blue energy began gathering around Kai's hands, and with gentle flicks and gestures the energy took on a rectangular shape. The Reflect shield would cover both Kai and Mowgli and take the sting off of any incoming attacks.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

@ChainReaction01
    @Neighborhood-Guest

(OOC: To hell with both of you making me look like a bad poster =P Time to kick it up a notch.

Also genders and stuff.)

BP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji didn't mind the cold as much as it may have seemed. His coat wasn't particularly thick, but the fur did keep most of the wet snow off of his skin. Being his height also allowed for him to huddle inside Ivy's long vest and cloak as well, and that sheltered the cat from the wind better than most things.

For now, Brin's lumbering body did the trick, since they had been in the process of moving. He thought the powerful Fighting-type fit Ivy just fine. She was starting to grow quite the collection of them. He didn't feel threatened by them, despite their strength lying on the physical side, his weakness. The Conkeldurr looked rather slow, but Haji found his mind was very active and intelligent. They had shared a few interesting conversations.

“Um... I would be interested, but I'm not sure I want to interrupt them,” Ron said slowly, watching the two Gurdurr they had crossed paths with. “I mean, they look like they're having so much fun...”

Haji could sense that he was a bit interested, but something held him back. It wasn't like him to pry, but the boy had intrigued him upon meeting. While he or none of his Pokemon (that he could sense from their Pokeballs) were Psychic-typed, there was still some sort of telepathic communication going on between he and someone else. He couldn't quite tell who or what it was, but since there was no Psychic to regulate and strengthen the walls of their connections, it was easy to overhear. It was like the energy bled out into the air for anyone to pick up on.

The first sign had been when Ron brushed him with a greeting back at the outpost. Normally it took someone with a hair of Psychic talent or some time spent with a Psychic-type Pokemon to achieve that, since he was the one who approached the cat. Usually it required Haji making first contact. Ron had been talking to someone just recently too, only he couldn't tell who. If he listened quietly, he might find out. If curiosity got the best of him, he would ask Ron directly.

He wasn't sure if Ivy sensed anything out of the ordinary, but he would watch regardless. While he was positive that the boy meant no harm, he didn't want something to accidentally come onto Ivy's circuit. A repeat of Deckbi he did not want.

A peek into her mind revealed nothing strange though, if only her feeling strange to be with a Carter and not to find Dual. He supposed this older brother wasn't as close as the younger two, and Dual did not share that bond with the Gym Leader. He followed the trail of her thoughts as they swirled, and eventually they came to her own Kirlia, Vergil, a pre-evolution of the Gallade she missed.

Haji left her mind before he could get caught up in the vicious cycle she would start thinking of. The young Psychic needed training, but he was quiet and stubborn, and he resisted every effort she tried with him. He wouldn't even talk to her mind-to-mind, and the cat knew she was taking it out on herself, despite it being the Kirlia's stubbornness. It did not matter if he tried to cheer her up; she would just spiral down again eventually, until they solved the problem.

“That's okay, I'm sure they wouldn't mind us joining in,” Jakk said with a grin, bringing Haji out of this thoughts. There was an endless amount of energy radiating from him, and the cat had a feeling that this was normal. He wanted to prove his worth on the battlefield.

It was a shame. Vergil could've learned something.

An excited noise accompanied the snow kicking up as the Monferno dashed out to see the other two Fighting-types. “Mowgli, where are you going!?” Ron called. The monkey skidded to a stop at his Trainer's call. The look on his face burned with the same eagerness that his energy expelled.

Ron sighed, but he relented to his Pokemon. “All right, but be careful,” he said. “If they get aggressive, show them your Acrobatics. You're really good at that, after all.” With a smile, he sent the monkey off on his way again.

As he approached the two wild Pokemon, they stopped slinging snow at each other. One stared from behind its snow fort, while the other did the same from across the road. The farther one picked up its red-shaded beam hesitantly, as if it wasn't sure what it was going to do with the club yet. It watched closely.

In the mean time, Jakk thew out a Pokeball, and a bright flash erupted over the white snow. A human-shaped yellow and black yeti appeared with a roar. The Electivire stretched his arms high into the air, and it made the roar seem more like a yawn, telling of his relaxed nature. His bristly hair stood up on end from the cold, giving him a rough appearance. Haji could tell that he was softer than he looked, though. In fact, once he stretched, he lumbered over to Jakk to say hello, brushing up against him much like a dog would. Jakk didn't protest at all, instead scratching the big Electric-type under the chin.

Haji brushed up against Ivy too.

Then, Jakk sent the big Pokemon out with instructions to use a Reflect to help out Mowgli as well as himself. He also said to use Cross Chop on the other Gurdurr. Haji turned his head to the other side of the road and glimpsed the other one again. It was still hovering near its snow fort, but that could change at any moment. It probably wouldn't take long to come to its partner's aid if required.

Mowgli didn't look like he wanted to sit still, but he didn't move as Kai the Electivire traversed over the snow. The pads of his feet easily carried him over the snow buildup on the sides of the path without breaking through it, despite his bulk. When he reached the Monferno, he put his arms in front of him. Haji could sense the energy growing there before he could see it, something he was able to do thanks to his Psychic nature. A light blue film started to develop in a panel, and once it was set, it would try to deflect any hard hitting attacks that the two Gurdurr threw at them.

Then, one of the Gurdurr took action. The one closest to the two Trainers' Pokemon kept behind its protective fortress, but it started to rummage around behind the wall. Then, it picked up something and launched it over the wall, hurling it at the Monferno. A snowball hit Mowgli in the face, and it was almost comical as the Fire-type didn't move as the snow slid down his face.

Taking that as a cue for action, the monkey set off at a dash, with his eyes on the Gurdurr that had attacked him. When he got close to the wall, his dash turned into a cartwheel. He vaulted over the wall gracefully, showing off his flexibility and maneuverability as he got air. He struck the Gurdurr, using the Pokemon as a spring board before flipping back over the wall and back pedaling toward the Electivire.

Then, Haji felt the brush of air as the other Gurdurr moved. It darted across the road faster than Haji thought it able to move. Once it was close to the pair, it angled its body and ended in a slide, sweeping into Kai. The barrier worked like it was supposed to, and Haji thought the same for when the other threw the snowball.

The Electivire retaliated just like he was supposed to, taking advantage of the time the Gurdurr needed to get up. With a steadying of his arms, he angled them up in an X fashion and struck out, knocking the Fighting-type back as it tried to get up. It rolled back into the path, off the snow slope.

Brin and Ivy took a reflexive step back, and Haji eyed them warily. His first concern was for his Trainer, since he knew the Conkeldurr would be able to take a hit and muscle the others back if necessary. Ivy was not incapable, however he still worried for her safety. Capable did not mean invincible.

With a simple wisp of energy, he sent a message to Brin mind-to-mind. The purple cat felt more than heard the response. For all that Brin was intelligent, he tended to communicate with images and feelings than actual words. Still, it produced the effect he wanted.

With a simple motion he had moved his arm around Ivy sunk down a little. When he rose, she let out an exclamation as she was risen into the air with his shoulder as her new seat. From higher up, they could guard her easier. She looked back at him when Brin had settled again, giving him a slight smile. She was on to his tricks, but she didn't seem to mind much.

That was perfectly fine for him.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Relaxed M Electivire: 91% [Used Reflect and Cross Chop]
    Quirky M Monferno: 94% [Used Acrobatics]
    [Ref1]

??? ??? Gurdurr: 82% [Used Low Sweep]
    ??? ??? Gurdurr: 67% [Used Fling]

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
    Name: Guest
    Encounters Remaining: 14
    Area Effects: It's a little windy.

Chainy Pokémon Encountered: Gurdurr
    Guest Pokémon Encountered: Gurdurr

Chainy Pokémon Captured: None
    Guest Pokémon Captured: None

Chainy MCR: 9,372/15,000 [Borderline Rank]
    Guest MCR: 21,167/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Chainy Items: 5x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Status Bomb x2; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Supreme Park Ball x2; Glossy Lens; Apricorn Box

Guest Items: Park Ball x2, Super Ball x2, Hyper Ball x2, Lava Cookie x3, Energy Powder x3

Chainy Pokémon Stats

Pokemon: Machamp
    Nickname: Jugg
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM06-Toxic, TM18-Counter, TM26-Earthquake, TM27-Fissure, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM65-Rain Dance, TM74-Ice Punch, TM75-Swagger, TM80-Thunderpunch, TM85-Fire Punch, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM126-Stone Edge, TM159-Bulldoze, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Encore, Close Combat

Pokemon: Blaziken
    Nickname: Stresser
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Quiet
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM03-Swords Dance, TM26-Earthquake, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM55-Roar, TM59-Hidden Power[FLYING], TM64-Protect, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM121-Shadow Claw, Thunderpunch, Baton Pass, Featherdance, Superpower, Agility, Feint

Pokemon: Electivire @ 91%
    Nickname: Kai
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Nature: Relaxed Nature
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, HM11-Rock Climb, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM59-Hidden Power[DRAGON], TM64-Protect, TM74-Ice Punch, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM147-Low Sweep, TM157-Volt Switch, Magnet Rise, Cross Chop, Meditate, Barrier, Low Kick, Feint

Guest Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Butterfree
    Nickname: Miranda
    Ability: Compoundeyes - Raises this Pokémon's Accuracy by 30%.
    Nature: Modest
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic, Solarbeam, Psychic, Swift, Dream Eater, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Nightmare, Roost, Energy Ball (TM); Air Cutter (MT); Morning Sun (SM)

Pokemon: Mothim
    Nickname: Ferdinand
    Ability: Swarm - When this Pokémon's HP drops below 33% of its maximum, the power of its Bug-type moves is multiplied by 150%.
    Nature: Adamant
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Safeguard, Roost, Energy Ball, Venoshock, Acrobatics (TM); Air Cutter, Signal Beam (MT, I think >_>; )

Pokemon: Monferno @ 94%
    Nickname: Mowgli
    Ability: Blaze - When this Pokémon's HP drops below 33% of its maximum, the power of its Fire-type moves is multiplied by 150%.
    Nature: Quirky
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

(OOC @WinterVines; Now that I have a Conkeldurr, I find myself not wanting this Gurdurr as much. Also I just kinda pulled something out of my ass, feel free to change it if you can think of something better.)

The fight was progressing very smoothly, and Kai was making Jakk proud. The Gurdurr had gone for a low sweep, and Kai returned a down-wards chop. This forced the Gurdurr backwards, which was important: while Kai was very adept in close-ranger combat, the Gurdurr was as well. However, the Electivire was also good at long-range fighting, so the plan was to try to chip away at the Fighting-type from range.

Suddenly, the little Monferno who was supposed to be helping out turned around and ran back towards my partner. The monkey tugged on his hand and started leading him back towards the gate at a run.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I have to get going!" the man yelled back at us. "Something's come up - I'll catch you both later!"

Jakk's left eyebrow raised but he didn't waste a second. "Well now, we're both alone up on this cold and snowy mountain," he said, flashing Ivy a brilliant grin.

Kai huffed, bringing the man's attention back to the battle. While there was no doubt that Kai could take both of these Pokemon, it just wouldn't be fair. Jakk reached into his backpack and pulled out one of the small plush toys that James had given him. He didn't understand how the small objects attracted warriors away from fights, but it wasn't really any of his business.

"Come on, let's go find somewhere a bit more secluded." Jakk winked at Ivy. "I've got one of these here dolls if the Gurdurr are a bit too insistent."
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456