Main RP: Mount Oktori - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Main RP: Mount Oktori

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Main RP: Mount Oktori

Kiryu saw the giant floating orb and gazed at it with wonder. He thought about battling and catching it but shock his head softly. He didn't know what over came him but he just couldn't do it. It smiled at Serenity and stepped back.

"Sorry but I'm really not in the mood to battle it. It's a great pokemon but I just can't" he said as he smiled at the Pokemon.

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

NBP15

"Let's continue in then." Serenity began to walk quietly past the pokemon, careful to not disturb it. After a bit, the ranger started noticing traces of snow on the ground, despite not being near an opening.
    "SHNOOOOOVAAAAH." A medium-sized pokemon appeared, explaining the phenomenon. The top part of it's body was pure white, the bottom section colored green.

"Snow?" It said, curious about the creatures called humans, and the non-native pokemon.

Encounter#3- Snover

~~~

Name: Kiryu Hoshikawa/ Noble One
    Area Effects: almost halfway up, in a cave
    Pokemon Stats:

Jolly Male Torterra, Collonello, Overgrow. 100%HP
    EMs: TM Rock Polish, TM Solar Beam, TM Energy Ball, HM Strength

Docile Male Electivire, Dynames, Motor Drive. 100%HP
    EMs: TM Earthquake, TM Ice punch, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Toxic, HM Strength

Serious Male Lucario, Archer, Inner Focus. 100%HP
    EMs: TM Flash Cannon, TM Earthquake, BM Bullet Punch, BM Cross Chop, MT Ice Punch, MT Vacuum wave, HM Strength

Relaxed Female Espeon, Sakura, Synchronize. 97%HP
    EMs: TM Hidden Power(Dragon), TM Zap Cannon, TM Calm Mind, TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute

Total Items: 3x Hyper Balls, 1x Calming Fragrance, 2x Full Heals
    3x Superballs, 4x Max Potions, 1x Full Restore
    Total Captured Pokemon: (Tyrogue)
    Total Encounters: 3/15
    Trainers Char Count: 4000+/8924--/...
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ

He saw the wild Snover and thought for a bit. He decided not to pass that one too. HE turned to her and shook his head. "Maybe once we get closer to the top, I'll find more what I'm looking for. I was kinda hoping I could find that one Dark and Ice pokemon. It would be a real epic addition to my team." he said as Sakura got somewhat jealous of that thought and nipped his ear.

"Espy esp." she said as if scolding him and relaxed on his shoulder yet again. He smiled at the snover. "Yeah Sakura gets jealous at time with me and other pokemon. Its a hassle but I manage. Don't yours get your hair all in a knot." he said as he cooed to the small pokemon.

RUN WITH NOBLEONE ENDED

Trainer: NobleOne
    Ranger: RainbowMoondust, Timpeni
    Reason: Trainer Request
    URPG Stats
    Rangering: Closed currently
    Story Deals: Closed for now (Open to bribes)

P.S. My story deal load is a lot, so if you bribe me now you have to wait pretty long.

Blog Entries

NBP#1.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

As usual, Argent was in one of the several outposts scattered around National Park, working on some paperwork like he normally did. He wished something interesting would happen to him while he was working, so that if a story was ever written about him, it wouldn't consistently describe him plainly working on paperwork all the time in between the many runs which he had to take as a Ranger in the National Park. Chimey, Argent's loyal Chimecho companion, had rested herself on top of his computer screen, her eyes closed because she was fast asleep. Her tiny body moved up and down gently as she inhaled and exhaled rhythmically, and with each exhalation a small jingling sound escaped her mouth. Chimey was a wonderful companion for Argent to have in the office, as when he grew bored Chimey always found the inspiration to do something entertaining for Argent to watch. Sometimes, they just sat and talked there for hours - they had a special telepathic link which many trainers shared with their Psychic-type Pokémon, but Argent felt that theirs was the most special in the world. It might have been to him, but perhaps not to others.

Argent, placing down his pen after looking over a report made about a recently completed Park Run in the Botanic Gardens and completing the necessary paperwork in order to file it away into the archives, sighed as he looked at Chimey. She was so at ease, even if this did seem to be a bustling place. Argent swivelled his computer mouse around the desk erratically in order for the standby screen to fade away into the actual desktop. Chimey murmured in her sleep, feeling a whirring motion underneath her body where the monitor was working, bringing up the screen - the background was a picture of Argent, Chimey and Cassidy (Argent's Clefable) on their first Park Run in the Botanic Gardens. There, Argent had to leave the run early, but had still caught a Munchlax before leaving. It was a memorable day, and Argent had loved every single moment of it. That was when Argent had really fallen in love with the park... now, six years on, he still loved it every bit as much. He took the arrow pointer to the 'Ranger Database' icon, where he could spot run submissions and the like.

Seeing nothing new as yet, nothing that he'd particularly want to take, he leant back in his chair, stretching his arms out and yawning. He wondered what Chimey was dreaming of at the moment... when an idea struck him. He could actually look into Chimey's dream through their link - he didn't know how, of course, but he was going to find out. Outstretching three of his fingers, he gently placed them on Chimey's body and closed his eyes tightly, screwing them slightly in concentration. On touching Chimey's body, his mind felt like it had burst into colours and carousels, and there was a faint buzzing. He pushed his psychic being towards those colours, knowing instinctively that this would land him in her dream. He could watch what Chimey was dreaming of - it would be extremely exciting. He remembered doing this before, and that memory urged him onwards into the dream. He smiled in his real body, but then became utterly lost in his psychic essence. He pushed it on, until finally the feeling of breaching something had come over his thoughts.

A lone Chimecho was in the meadow, floating in one place and simply thinking, it seemed. The meadow was lush, green, full of life. Other Pokémon danced around in the meadow, of course, but none of them went near the Chimecho. A blue-black-haired trainer walked forwards to the Chimecho. She looked up, her eyes shining with recognition and love. She beamed at him, and then appeared to wave to something behind the trainer. The next thing the trainer knew, a whole group of about ten or eleven Chimecho floated over his head, and they took formation along with Chimey, the trainer's Chimecho. The original Chimecho opened her mouth and let out a single, pure note. It rang through the meadow, and the other Pokémon became still. Chimey then proceeded to let out other notes, providing a backbeat. Five other Chimecho followed her lead, and now that the backbeat had been established, Chimey started on another tune, which carried over like a percussion part to the song of some sort. Three took up this part, and it was now beginning to be shaped into a jig.

Somewhere, where Argent was conscious, he realised that this was what Chimey dreamed of for the most part - music. As the percussion had been set, Chimey now began the melody, which became erratic yet joyous. It was extremely energetic to say the least, and the other Pokémon had been taken over by this feeling. The remaining Chimecho took up the melody, and now the song was complete and kept going. Argent stepped forward and took Chimey's stubby arm with his own hand, then looked down at himself. He was shrinking somehow, and felt as if he was becoming younger. He noted that his arms became stubbier, and then - for a moment - saw through Chimey's eyes. Argent doubled back in surprise consciously - he was a Chimecho himself now! They danced together in the sunlight of the dream.

"AHEM!" someone screamed suddenly, throwing Argent from the dream as he broke the link in shock.

"Holy crap!" Argent exclaimed as he bolted upright, panic across his face. He saw that a colleague was looking at him with a strange expression on her face, which then became amused. She started to laugh with a certain mirth, prompting Argent to flush and Chimey to awaken, blinking. Argent, looking to the screen, saw that there was a new run up. He smiled, accepting this run with a few clicks of the mouse and then decided that he had better get going soon to this run. He printed out the files as fast as he could and then placed them in his satchel. Picking up this satchel, he slung it across his shoulder and chucked Chimey under her chin, Chimey still being in a half-asleep daze. Argent picked her up also and laid her on his shoulder - she wasn't very big, so she could lie somewhat comfortably on his shoulder without being disturbed until she woke. He started to walk from the room, Chimey slowly regaining something resembling thought.

Once they had gotten out from the Outpost (they were at the Woods outpost, so they needed to drive or fly for a little), Argent quickly pressed the keys to a National Park Jeep. Slipping inside, he shoved the keys roughly into the ignition, twisted it and off they were. Argent had never made a good driver, so he made a few desperate swerves at some points - he'd likely get a few points on his license for reckless driving soon enough, but at least he was getting there. After a short while driving, they arrived at the outpost to Mt. Oktori, a place where Argent had never been and was now taking some trainer who he did not know - Cameron was his name, according to the files, and Argent wasn't going to argue with whatever he had taken really. Opening the door of the Jeep, he jumped from the Jeep and landed on the ground rather hard. Chimey had awoken fully at this point, and gently rose from Argent's shoulder, stretching herself out and floating. She looked at the rather large mountain, dominating sight and shadowing quite a bit of land... to be honest, she was rather intimidated.

Argent hopped inside the Outpost for a few moments to get on warmer clothes - Oktori was rather cold. Walking back out, he leant against the wall of the outpost, waiting for his trainer.

----------------------------------------

Trainer stats:
    Last edited by Buoy; 23rd July 2011 at 11:11 AM.

“Alright buddy, we all set to go?” I asked my partner, a Houndoom named Shadowpanther. He let out three happy barks and moved towards my Pokeplayer that I forgot to put in my bag. “Right, I’ll definitely need that. I wonder if we’ll actually find the Pokémon we’re looking for.” Cryonogal are supposed to be hard to find so I hope we get lucky. The others I was looking for were supposed to be easier to find. Those being Mienfoo, Timburr, Sawk, Throw, and perhaps another Cubchoo.

Shadow let out another bark, this one sounding more impatient. “Yeah! I know. I’m going!” I replied, laughing a little. “Just need to make sure I take the right Pokémon for this.” Shadow looked at me and huffed. “Yeah, I know you’re all I need to use, but you should see this as a mini vacation.” He just started at me, and then finally agreed. “But, you can go ahead and battle if you want, just wanted this to be a relaxing time for you.”

He just shrugged his shoulders and moved towards the door. “Okay, looks like I’m all set!” I finally called out after making my decision on who I was bringing. “Let’s move out.” I pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it in front of me. “Alright Mindbender, teleport us to Oktori please.” I said as I zipped up my black and red jacket. With that, a blinding light flashed in front of us and in an instant we were gone.

When the light was back to normal, Mindbender and Shadow were standing beside me and we were staring at the large snow-capped mountain in front of us. “Ha, glad I brought this jacket… I just hope it’s enough.” I walked over to the only Ranger I saw, assuming he was here for us.

“You’re our Ranger right?” I asked him, “I’m Cameron and this is Shadow and Mindbender. We’re here for out Oktori trip to get Cryonogal. I’m ready to go whenever you are.”
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Blog Entries

NBP#2.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

"There's a stranger in my bed, there's a pounding in my head..." Argent sang under his breath to himself in a rather tuneful voice (in his opinion, that was). He was still waiting for his trainer to hop along and arrive already, so he could get the run underway. Standing around in the cold to wait for someone was not a pleasant experience, and Argent's teeth began chattering with the intense chill of the area. Inside his coat was actually quite toasty and cosy. Chimey was shivering so much that several loud jingles were escaping her body a second, which was unnoticed by Argent for several minutes. Argent, when he finally did notice, tutted in a "motherly" way and began to converse with her through the telepathic link they shared, smiling as he delved through this link to deliver the message.

Chimey, come nestle in my coat, Argent chided her, not helping the imprint of amusement that was nestled in this thought.

It's fine, Argent, Chimey snapped, irritated at her trainer's thinking of the situation quite funny. I think I can stand the cold. Us noble heroines learn to cope with all sorts of things.

Don't be silly, Chimey. I will wrestle you into my coat if I must, you know! Argent replied cheerfully.

Don't make me use Extrasensory on you again, Argent! Chimey warned him lightly. Argent was unfazed by this threat, as he could distinctly sense that Chimey was also turning this into a joke as well. Delving further into this feeling but trying to keep his activities unnoticed, he found that she did actually want to be relaxing in his warm coat; but she wanted a fight for it.

Argent simply grabbed Chimey around her middle and pulled her inexorably towards his coat. She struggled in a pretending way, but in fact just let him pull her away. Argent placed her down his coat a little, but she still had her head peeping out. It was much, much warmer for Chimey inside the coat, and Argent's body warmth added to the general heat inside it. She played around with the zipper of the coat as they both waited together still for Cameron and his Pokémon to arrive. Argent was sure they'd be here at any stage, but Chimey was growing ever impatient as she sat in Argent's coat, her head half-frozen at this stage already. The weather was certainly getting gradually cooler, and they hadn't even gotten to the mountain yet. Argent shuddered to think what the temperatures might be like on the very peak of the mountain - he would probably get so completely frozen if he stood on the peak for very long. It was a scary thought, really, that they might even get to the top of the mountain during this run.

Argent squinted as he thought he saw a white flash of light a few minutes away, and the shapes that moved from them were getting much closer to them at this point. Argent was going to wait to see who they were - it was more than likely that it was Cameron, arrived at last. He smiled widely as he made out these strange shapes - one was a trainer for sure, and the other two were strangely-coloured Pokémon. They were both red-and-black, which kind of creeped Argent out a lot. Argent wondered what the hell had happened to them to make them those colours. It was pretty weird how they were BOTH red-and-black as well, which was too much of a coincidence to seem wholly true. Argent didn't ponder long on the matter, however, as the trainer and these two Pokémon were approaching. Chimey jingled from the coat, observing the trio with those wise eyes which she possessed. With a quick wink to the Gardevoir, recognising it as one, Chimey returned to amusing herself with the zip of Argent's jacket, pulling it up and down with psychic power.

"You're our Ranger, right?" the trainer asked him. "I’m Cameron and this is Shadow and Mindbender. We’re here for out Oktori trip to get Cryonogal. I’m ready to go whenever you are."

Argent nodded once, an enthusiastic smile unfolding on his face. "Hey, Cameron! I'm Argent, your Ranger for this run, as you've already guessed. I'm kind of glad you brought a jacket - and a Fire-type, for that matter - it's going to be absolutely freezing on Oktori today, I'm afraid. We might yet discover some way of keeping ourselves warm on this expedition! Let's head on, hm?"

Argent quickly led the trio on towards the foot of the mountain, in order to start climbing it - or going through the series of caves which Argent knew were under the mountain. It was up to the trainer which way they wanted to go, really, but Argent knew immediately that he would prefer going through the caves. However, seeing as that wasn't his decision and wouldn't be troubling him for a good many moments yet, he walked onwards, smiling all the way encouragingly, just to keep up the morale of everyone thus far. Of course, he doubted it was necessary - going on a run in itself was enough of a boost of morale for anyone to have whilst in the national park, as the whole place was quite inspirational and wouldn't get boring so easily. Argent knew that the mountain itself was also difficult to navigate, littered with many obstacles to prevent avid climbers from reaching the peak - whilst it would be cold, Argent knew it would make a good story to tell grandchildren if he had actually conquered Mt. Oktori once in his lifetime. Again, he put the decision out of his mind, deciding not to resolve this issue until it actually faced them, which would be soon enough.

After a few more minutes of walking, Argent and the gang arrived at the foot of the mountain, and Argent could have asked Cameron which way he might have wanted to go - only there was no particular way to go at the moment, seeing as there was a large bulk of muscle standing in front of them. It was blue in colour, and had four arms. It was gigantic, to say the least, and it looked like it had a champion wrestler's belt on around its waist, as well as a strange-looking, black, brief-like garment. Its face was rather comical, and Argent wondered how they were going to get past it - that was, if Cameron didn't want to fight it. Argent had a small inkling that he did not, but he had to ask the question anyway - it was compulsory to ask any trainer if they wanted to battle this, or if they wanted to battle that; perhaps they wanted to run away from this or that, or maybe even attempt to befriend the Pokémon. Argent really did not have a clue how they were going to get past it, but it was kind of vital that they did.

Turning briefly to Cameron, Argent spoke. "Do you want to battle this Machamp?"

----------------------------------------------------

Trainer stats:
    Last edited by Buoy; 23rd July 2011 at 11:34 AM.

"Hey, Cameron! I'm Argent, your Ranger for this run, as you've already guessed. I'm kind of glad you brought a jacket - and a Fire-type, for that matter - it's going to be absolutely freezing on Oktori today, I'm afraid. We might yet discover some way of keeping ourselves warm on this expedition! Let's head on, hm?"

"Sure thing, and I'm sure as long as we keep moving we'll be fine." I grinned and pulled out my Pokeplayer and a Sawk voice disk. I popped in the disk but didn't play it. We walked for a while and came across a Machamp.

"Do you want to battle this Machamp?" He asked.

"A battle is a good way to keep warm in this place, but I'll pass for now." I shivered. Shadow moved closer to me so I could feel the heat from his body. I pulled out my camera and snapped a picture of Machamp. "Strike a pose!" I then played my Mienfoo voice disk, hoping one wouldn't be far. Since Machamp was here and it was fighting, perhaps Mienfoo would be too.
    Last edited by Dinobot; 23rd July 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Blog Entries

NBP#3.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

"A battle is a good way to keep warm in this place, but I'll pass for now."

Cameron shivered visibly, and Argent kind of felt sorry for him - his jacket certainly did not look very warm, but perhaps it was. Argent couldn't be sure, but didn't dwell for long on the matter of how warm Cameron's jacket might or might not be. Turning back to the Machamp, it looked quite disappointed with not being able to battle either of the two trainers. Argent smiled sympathetically at it, but was about to ask it kindly to move out of the path so that they could move on, but something strange happened. He heard a rustling noise behind him, and so he turned his head to see Cameron moving his hand around in his bag, as if trying to find something. After a few moments, however, Cameron did in fact lift something from his bag - a digital camera was what Argent recognised it as, and so it was. Chimey peered curiously at the Machamp, who pulled a face, causing Chimey to be somewhat intimidated by the massive thing. She jingled in a way which slightly resembled a whine, but Argent ignored her for the time being - he knew she was perfectly fine in his jacket, and could easily beat the Machamp in any case.

Cameron placed his eye to his camera in order to get a good shot of the Superpower Pokémon. Argent's expression took on an unreadable angle, but he turned back to the Machamp. On seeing the camera, it actually decided to pose. Turning to the side, it leant backwards, drawing two of its arms backwards as if it was drawing an arrow down on a bow, but outstretching the other two arms. Its eyes took on a glamorous twinkle but his head remained purposefully looking away from the camera. Cameron snapped his shot in an instant, and the Machamp slouched away after that, seemingly satisfied with the events (Chimey had inquired who Usain Bolt was after he had gone away, having picked up the thought while Machamp was posing). Cameron could exchange that photograph later for some money, Argent knew. He was about to suggest that they go on up the mountain trail (for Argent had realised that that was the way that Cameron wished to go through his run on Mt. Oktori)... but yet again, another unexpected thing happened. Cameron slipped a disk from his bag and inserted it into a Poképlayer. Argent knew what was coming next, so he braced himself for the loud noise. Cameron pressed on the play button, and out came Mienfoo's cry.

There wasn't any change in movement, but Argent was sure that most Pokémon had heard the strange cry by now - hopefully Mienfoo had heard it too, and decided to come soon. However, for the moment, Argent led Cameron and his Pokémon to the mountain trail, where they'd start their ascent into the heavens above. Apparently the mountain got very snowy and icy after travelling a third of the way up, so Argent definitely decided to be careful from here on out. Any wrong footings up there and he could be in serious danger of losing his life. Taking this on board, Argent led the group upwards further. They came to a gap in the trail at one point, and Argent could just tell that it was definitely not safe to jump. Chimey, however, had other ideas about the whole situation. She raised her stubby arms above her head, raising various debris from the mountain to form a temporary path. She kept this path up whilst they walked along it, and then dropped it once everyone was safely across. Argent smiled, patting Chimey on the head - she was very much a reliable companion on these journeys.

Walking on up further, Argent looked down upon a small grey creature which was standing at his feet - he had stopped because he had almost kicked the poor thing, but had seen where his foot was going at the last moment and averted punting the creature anywhere. He smiled - Timburr was a good, reliable Pokémon, whose evolutions were even better in his opinion. It seemed to have pink vein-like growths around its body, and it was using the log as weightlifting practise. As it spotted Argent, it looked straight up into his eyes - it was a rather accusing, challenging stare to say the least, yet Argent was unperturbed. He turned around to face Cameron, who was standing somewhere behind him, and opened his mouth to speak, but it came out as an exclamation of pain.

"Ouch!" Argent exclaimed, having been hit in the back of the legs by Timburr's log. "Stop that, you. Anyway," he began addressing Cameron, "do you want to battle this Timburr?"

---------------------------------------

Trainer stats:

OOC: Italics equals telepathy.

IC: After I snapped the photo, Machamp walked off. He was a bit disappointed that I didn’t battle him, but I hoped he understood I just came for a certain Pokémon. However, I did want to battle him if I ever came back to this area, he could hold me to that. I looked at the picture and nodded. I was at least getting paid for this. Any picture of a rare Pokémon that I could get would get me some cash. If it was of a Legendary Pokémon, I would get even more money because it was both rare, and a sight to see on a picture.

I sighed, a battle would have warmed me up a bit, but I wasn’t that cold yet. I was sure the higher we went, the colder it got. I looked around and saw trails that led up towards the top of the mountain, and another that led inside. My ranger seemed to have read my mind because he began moving up the mountain.

We walked up a bit until we came across another Pokémon. This one though, was on my list of Pokemon to get. It was a Timburr. The small gray Pokémon with a big dark purple nose looked at us. I could see it in his eyes that he really wanted to battle. Since I actually wanted him on my team, I was going to grant his wish and battle him. The determined little guy sure looked like he could put up a fight so I was going to have to be careful with him.

I could see the small pink vein-like bulges on his body begin to expand as he prepared for battle. He twirled the timber he had in his hands around in style and motioned with his free hand to bring it on.

"Do you want to battle this Timburr?" Ranger Argent asked.

“Of course I do.” I smiled, “This is one from my list.” I then turned my attention towards the little fighter. I quickly thought to myself which Pokémon I would use. It was a pretty simple choice actually. Mindbender was not only cut out for this battle because she was supremely skilled in using Psychic-type moves, but she was also good at making friends with wild Pokémon by linking their minds together. Also, she was already out of her Pokeball so I was just going to use her anyways.

“Alright Mindbender, you’re up in this battle.” I called out.

“Why can’t I battle first.” Shadow barked out. Mindbender had made a mind-link between Shadow and I so we could communicate whenever we wanted so we could understand each other more clearly. We had been partners for many years though so we pretty much knew what the other was thinking even without the mind-link. The link just helped make things easier for us.

“C’mon, first you’re way too strong for him, second-“ I started

“WHAT! She is way too strong for him. Her Psychic attack could take him out in one blow if she wanted too. Ugh, fine, she can battle.” He grumbled. I just grinned.

“Okay, how about this. When I come across a Sawk, you can battle it. Okay?” I said.

“Fine, I’ll hold you to that then.” He said as he sat by my legs.

“Okay Mindbender, start this battle off with Confusion, I don’t want you to do any real damage yet.” I said telepathically. “Then perhaps hit it with Will-o-Wisp if you can.”

“Ha, if I can? Are you joking?” She asked.

“Yeah, I know you can, but you never know. There might be some complications.” I stated.

“From this guy? You heard what Shadow said, I could take him out in one hit.” She said.

“Don’t get cocky, last thing I need is for you to let your guard down. What is this, you’re the one who is always giving me advice.” I said jokingly. “Just use Confusion and Will-o-Wisp and we’ll see where we go after that. We still need to see his battle strategy. I need to know what he can do in battle.”

“Alright then, I’ll see what I can do.” She grinned.
    Her eyes began glowing as she tried to reach out and go into Timburr’s mind. What she was going to do was get inside his head and scramble his thoughts. That would make him all dizzy and such. Hadn’t really seed this move used in a long while. All Confusion did was what the name implicated. She got into their minds and disordered things which sometimes caused the Pokémon to become confused. After she did that, she would form a small ball of blue fire and launch it at Timburr. The ball of fire would engulf Muscular Pokémon in flames. Will-o-wisp burn the target. I was really going to need Timburr to be burned so that Mindbender wouldn’t take too much damage. The burn status weakened the Pokémon’s physical attack, which was what Timburr mainly used. It was a good thing to weaken that off the back. I just wondered how he would react to this. Hopefully he didn’t do things irrationally because then I was going to have to retrain him. I watched and waited to see how this would unfold.

Blog Entries

BP#1.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

OOC: Gender of Timburr?

"Of course I do." Cameron smiled at Argent. "This one is on my list."

His list? Chimey thought - Argent picking up on the thought, of course. Sounds kinda perverted.

Don't be mean, Chimey, Argent replied automatically.

The battle was in its beginning stages, and Argent realised then how mad it was to have a battle just a few feet from the edge of a precipice. Shuddering as he thought of what might happen if one of them knocked each other too far, Argent simply observed the Timburr going through its own preparations for the forthcoming battle - it was obviously excited. The pink vein-like growths had expanded, and it was whirling the piece of timber that it carried around his body, preparing to use it to battle with. Timburr was an intriguing Pokémon, and Argent was extremely excited to see how it would perform in battle, especially against a Pokémon that may have a type advantage over it. Argent waited around for a seemingly long time - it was only a few minutes, but it seemed like more than just that. He always felt impatient right before an impending battle, because he was simply eager to see it happen, to see the collision of two Pokémon in a fierce duel to see who's better than the other.

Argent got the strange impression from the thoughts that emanated from Chimey through their link that she was listening to something, but he couldn't discern what she was listening to. He certainly couldn't hear anything, so he was left there wondering what was going on that he didn't know about... but then he realised. Chimey could, in fact, listen to things on a psychic wavelength, which was all telepathic messages in essence. He looked over to Cameron who was looking to both of his Pokémon, but Argent recognised the familiar expression that was on his face - one as if having a conversation, only he was not moving his mouth. It was the perfect sign of a telepathic conversation, and Argent now realised what Chimey was listening too. He dipped into their telepathic link easily, swimming along with the flow of her thoughts until he could place one in her mind to make her stop listening to whatever she was listening to. He smiled as he went in for sending the message right to where it would stick out in her thoughts the most.

Stop eavesdropping! It's a bad habit, you know.

Couldn't care less. By the way, he's sending his Gardevoir in. That creepy Houndoom... I can't read what it's saying. Dark-types are so tricky for telepaths like me. Anyway, I gathered that there's going to be Confusion and then Will-o'-Wisp, and that's pretty much it. I took steps to make sure I wasn't caught eavesdropping, of course. I won't intrude on Timburr too much - Fighting-types' thoughts are so erratic, Chimey explained.

Ugh, whatever.

Argent stepped back a little to let the battle take place. His eyes slid towards Gardevoir, as her own eyes were beginning to glow a purple colour. Argent recognised this as Confusion - Chimey had used this move a fair few times as far as he knew, and he had seen the same things happening then. Her psychic power moved invisibly towards Timburr, and eventually it collided with him just as it was starting its charge. It was hoisted into the air by a weak telekinetic force, as the move Confusion basically was. However, in his brain, Timburr was getting shook up by a lingering telepathic imprint that is usually left in one's mind if Confusion is used. It screwed its eyes up in immense pain, writhing in the air under the strict bond of the telekinetic force with which it had been hit. However, Gardevoir released Timburr shortly afterwards. Timburr pushed himself upwards from the ground and began tottering around, utterly confused about what he was doing. He even wandered very close to the edge, but veered off at the last moment, much to Argent's relief.

Confusion does some terrible things to one's mind, Chimey noted.

Gardevoir took advantage of the moment - her eyes ceased to glow purple, but instead she thrust her arms out in front of her and placed one "hand" on top of the other. Gradually, she drew them apart, and within the gap was a ball of blue flame which grew bigger as she drew her "hands" apart from each other. Flicking them with a slight twist, two balls of blue fire shot from the original, but then the original vanished within an instant. They twisted around each other before twisting around the Timburr, then crashing into his body. Scorch marks appeared on Timburr's skin, but it seemed undeterred. In fact, it was much more confident at this point and had now recovered from the confusing effects of Confusion. It whirled its body around to face Gardevoir's, and now it was its turn to battle. It sprung from the ground and straight towards Gardevoir, spinning in the air confusingly as its piece of timber began to glow a bright white. Its eyes screwed this time in concentration, it brought its timber down to Gardevoir's side, slamming into her and knocking her down and sliding. She seemed to recover quickly, but she seemed shocked because of Timburr's reaction to the burn. Instead of going slower and seeming weaker, he seemed stronger.

Hey... I know what that means... Argent said.

Don't say it, Argent. What if someone heard and thought you were giving away spoilers? Chimey said, coming ever so close to breaking that elusive fourth wall.

Timburr quickly dashed back to his spot, not sure what the Gardevoir would try next. However, he was definitely keeping himself on his toes. His eyes were wide, alert, and he was breathing steadily, ready for whatever was coming next. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to have tried to burn him...

---------------------------------------------

Battle Stats:

Trainer stats:
    Last edited by Buoy; 24th July 2011 at 10:57 AM.

OOC: Male

IC: “Haha, what did I tell you!” I said grinning, “I knew there had to be some sort of complications. It’s never that easy for us, remember.”

“Yeah, yeah, but I didn’t miss my attack. My attack just didn’t work on him.” She rebutted.

“Well, perhaps we need to come at this with a different approach.” I said. “Do you think we should put it to sleep or paralyze it? I think paralyzing would be great, but putting it to sleep would really increase our chances of capturing it. Tough call.”

“Well, I personally would just paralyze it, which would make things easier for me.” She answered. “Although, putting it to sleep wouldn’t be that hard for me since I have already made contact with his mind. It’s really all up to you, I’ll just follow what you say.”

“Alright then, use Thunder Wave, then hit it with Psychic, we may be game after that.” I said.

“Okay, and we have a little intruder. That Ranger’s Chimecho seems to be ‘secretly’ tapping into our communication link. I can switch to a more private link if you so wish. Nothing can get by me when it comes to this.”

“Nah, he probably just wants to know what we’re doing, it’s all cool for now.” I shrugged. “Shadow, move a bit closer, I need more warmth.”

“Sure, that’s all I came here for, was to warm you up.” He said, half joking.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. It didn’t matter how hard he tried to hide it, he couldn’t hide anything from me.

“I should be in there battling this guy.” He said. I hadn’t really seen him upset over not battling. Something else must have been up.

“Why do you want to fight him so much?” I asked curiously.

“I haven’t battled in a long time; I want to prove to you that I still can.” He answered.

“You don’t have to prove anything to me; I already know you’re the best battler on my team.” I responded. “Plus, I’ve known you since you hatched, I would put all my trust in you in any battle. I’ll use you for sure in the next one I do if that’s what you want. I already said I would, so just say the word and you’re in.”

“No, you know what’s best so I’ll leave that up to you.” He sighed, “sorry for that.”

“Don’t be, we’ll talk more later.” I said. “Mindbender, carry out the plan.”

She nodded and moved towards Timburr. She extended her arms and then brought them together. Her whole body began glowing purple and producing small yellow sparks of electricity. Rocks, logs, and whatever else was on the ground began levitating up and circling Timburr. Mindbender wasn’t doing the normal Psychic attack where she attacked the Muscular Pokémon through his mind. Instead, she was doing a physical Psychic attack where she used whatever items were around her and heaved them at the target.

The electricity coming off of her body was getting bigger and bigger. I could see a large orb of greenish-yellow static forming in front of her. She fired the ball at the wild Timburr along with the rubble and debris around the fighter. All of the attack was combining into one. I hoped it did a decent amount of damage. I didn’t really care whether or not Timburr became paralyzed or not, but I did want some damage done at least. If not then I was just going to have to try again. It wasn’t going to be that hard to put forth a status condition on him.

Blog Entries

BP#2.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

What the--- Chimey's voice came out of the silence suddenly. That Gardevoir caught me! Damn, concealing myself is really difficult sometimes.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, Argent replied simply, not really listening. Chimey rewarded his ignorance with a sharp shock in his thoughts, making him jump suddenly in surprise. Hey, there's no call for that! I really do not care if she caught you - in fact, it serves you right. I've been trying to break you off of eavesdropping on other psychic conversations for absolutely ages... a psychic link is for private conversation. You wouldn't like it if someone stampeded into our link and demanded to hear everything we were conversing about, would you?

They couldn't anyway, Chimey answered, jingling smugly. I have practically impenetrable defences into this link. The link between us actually rearranges our mental engrams slightly so that the thought patterns owned by the both of us cannot be tracked through our link, making both our link and our thoughts to each other totally unreadable by any other psychic.

That's beside the point, Chimey - you know you wouldn't like anyone listening in to what you were saying at any given point. Don't try to convince me otherwise; I know it's true.

Huh, whatever! Chimey replied, a small inkling of a certain moodiness accompanying the thought. Just saying, but that Gardevoir's about to use a Thunder Wave and Psychic combination.

So even after what I've said, you're still listening in? Argent asked, tutting out loud as he looked at the Timburr, seemingly concentrating on something.

I don't really care if they know I'm there or not.

"Good luck, Timburr," Argent added, out loud, to the Timburr. The small Pokémon looked up at him in surprise, and then nodded. His expression took on a more determined appearance, and so he made a few steps towards the Gardevoir, cautiously advancing on her. The Gardevoir, for now, had no intention of letting Timburr anywhere near herself again. That whack from his stupid little stick hurt. Her eyes began to glow a purple colour again, except it seemed that a stronger glow had been cast from her eyes. She raised her - strangely enough - black arms into the air, and at this point her whole body took on an eerie purple glow. Chimey was fairly amused by the new look that this gave her, as she proved sometimes that she could be a fashionista, even for a Pokémon who wasn't that interested in glamour.

Black and red really do not go with purple, she noted sarcastically.

As she did so, various bits of debris and whatever was lying on the ground at the time became outlined in that same purple colour - Argent didn't recognise this approach, having never used it himself apart from when obstacles were in the way. Needless to say, the random bits of junk that were lying around lifted from the ground, and Gardevoir, with a subtle flick of both her hands, curved the objects into a ring and willed them to move around Timburr, which they did. A ring around Timburr at this stage, Gardevoir flung both her arms outwards. The objects still remained in the air, but the purple glow disappeared, only remaining in her eyes. Argent curiously looked towards her as she drew a ring in the air with both of her "hands", as they sparkled with electricity. This ring-drawing in the air provided an actual ring of electricity, which was no doubt going to be targeted at Timburr. Timburr was not standing helplessly within the ring - he was not so easily fooled into intimidation by tricks like these. The sound of his timber could be heard smashing against the various debris around him, and he began wearing it down.

Gardevoir jutted her chin out slightly, and a gap was made in the ring. Timburr was about to make a dash for it, and started sprinting towards Gardevoir. Gardevoir fired her ring of electricity towards him calmly, undeterred by the aggressive approach of Timburr. Timburr leapt into the ring, however, hoping that the power of the paralysis would spur him on to do what he needed to do. At first, however, he seemed to have a seizure in mid-air, and his attack did not go as planned. His whole body sparked with electricity, and it coursed all through him, almost as if he was having a true electric shock. He remained still for a few moments, but then was back on his feet - just as several pieces of debris were flying at him. He took up the challenge immediately, surprising both Chimey and Argent with how fast he could recover from a status. He slammed his timber upwards as the first one came in, shattering the stone and sending shards flying away. He leapt onto a random log which came down this way, and Gardevoir had to flick her right arm away from her in order to cast the log away before it hit her herself. Timburr leapt over Gardevoir's head at this point, and the edge of his timber glowed white, then took on a rock-like appearance. He slammed it into Gardevoir's legs and sent her sprawling forwards... just as a log flew straight into his stomach, winding him and sending him backwards.

Gardevoir got up and dusted herself off, looking towards the severely weakened Timburr. The Timburr looked up at his opponent and let out a low growling noise... but Gardevoir remained undeterred - that last attack of his surprisingly didn't hurt her much. She was far more of a match for him at the moment than he could ever hope to fight off; poor Timburr.

"Try to put him to sleep this time - burns and paralysis don't seem to have any effect on him!" Argent shouted helpfully. "He's rather weakened, so I think putting him to sleep and maybe using another very weak attack might raise your chances of capture."

-----------------------------------------------

Battle Stats:

Trainer stats:
    Last edited by Buoy; 25th July 2011 at 05:42 AM.

"Try to put him to sleep this time - burns and paralysis doesn’t seem to have any effect on him!" Argent shouted. "He's rather weakened, so I think putting him to sleep and maybe using another very weak attack might raise your chances of capture."

“Yeah, you’re right. Third time’s the charm right?” I shrugged. “However, I guess I’ll just try out another attack. I want him to be awake when I capture him. Besides, I don’t want to risk doing it again just so it comes out to not working again. I’d be better off with one last small attack. Mindbender, just hit him with Shadow Ball! That shouldn’t hurt him too much, but it should do enough damage for me to throw my Hyperball. Make sure both balls hit him.” I reached into my backpack and pulled out a red and black sphere and enlarged it. I thought about pulling out a Calming Fragrance Plus to calm it down a bit, but then I realized that I didn’t really need it now.

Mindbender moved towards him and brought her hands together, forming a black ball with static electricity coming from it. The orb grew to be the size of a baseball, it wasn’t packing in power. The ball was closing in on Timburr. I brought the Hyperball up and aimed it at the Fighting-type Pokémon and threw it. If this all went well then I would soon have this Pokémon snagged. I just hoped the rest of the trip went this well.

Blog Entries

BP#3.
    Ranger A. Silverswift.

“Yeah, you’re right. Third time’s the charm right? However, I guess I’ll just try out another attack. I want him to be awake when I capture him. Besides, I don’t want to risk doing it again just so it comes out to not working again. I’d be better off with one last small attack. Mindbender, just hit him with Shadow Ball! That shouldn’t hurt him too much, but it should do enough damage for me to throw my Hyperball. Make sure both balls hit him.”

Cameron replied with a great deal of confidence, so Argent was sure that his plan couldn't go awry really. Argent watched as Cameron delved into his bag, appearing to be searching for yet another thing - according to his files, he had quite the wealth of items in there. Argent wasn't particularly concerned as to what, but he knew that he could produce something for any given battle situation - and so it was. Cameron took out a red-and-black sphere (Gee, this guy loves red-and-black. I wonder if he's colour-blind? Chimey said sarcastically) and pressed the middle button to enlarge the sphere up to that of the recognisable size of a Hyper Ball - Argent wasn't sure why Cameron may have been choosing to use a Hyper Ball when there were other Park Balls that would still achieve the same thing in the end, but Argent wasn't going to argue with his choice. The cold air whirred around the two Pokémon as Timburr circled Gardevoir, ready to pounce at any moment - however, Argent could see that he was quite exhausted. His breath was heavy and his movements were slowed... Argent knew that he couldn't go on much longer.

However, Timburr's overhearing of their plans gave him a slight advantage, although it was a very slim one which had little to no impact on his survival in battle, especially seeing as he was as weakened as he was. Gardevoir simply clasped her hands together again, but drew them outwards. A very deep purple sphere of ghostly energy spun into existence between the gap, and as the gap increased, so did the size of the ball. Tendrils of black energy spiralled around the outside as she concentrated on the power of the sphere. She knew she could easily have him, but she didn't want him to faint from the power of this attack. So she judged the energy she was letting into the ball, putting in a moderate amount so that it wouldn't KO on impact - she had been doing that for most of the battle, as she knew that her trainer wanted to capture the Pokémon so she couldn't let her attacks out at full blast. Her eyes had also began to glow the same colour as the ball, a very deep purple - there was a major difference between the kind of purple of Ghost-type and Psychic-type glows, as Argent noted. Chimey herself also knew Shadow Ball.

Without warning, Gardevoir released the ball and it slammed straight into the wary Timburr's chest. He was knocked backwards onto the ground, where he lay, panting in exhaustion and barely able to lift himself up from the ground. He was close to fainting, and Gardevoir stepped back a little, hoping that she didn't do too much damage - as long as Timburr stayed awake, he would not have fainted and thus could be captured by the ball. Gardevoir willed him to stay awake as she waited for her trainer to throw the ball and capture the small Pokémon at last. Argent also held his breath in anticipation of the trainer who he had been leading through the run so far. Chimey seemed overly relaxed about the whole scenario, in Argent's opinion, but Chimey simply told him there was nothing worth worrying about - Cameron and Gardevoir had used good tactics, they were going to use one of the best balls available in National Park, they had weakened Timburr a good deal and so on and so forth. Argent smiled slightly, knowing that Chimey was right - he was proud of her for being insightful at moments when he himself was getting carried away with the drama.

"Go go, Cameron! You can do this!" Argent shouted helpfully.

Cameron heeded his words and threw the ball straight at Timburr, who was still lying weakly on the ground. The ball emitted a red light as the button hit Timburr's side, and it flew up into the air. Timburr dematerialised into nothingness and the red light was sucked into the ball. The ball fell to the ground and rolled around for a few moments... and a pinging noise was heard. Timburr was captured.

-----------------------------------------

Battle Stats:

Trainer stats:
    Last edited by Buoy; 4th August 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast