Main RP: Meteor Valley - Page 31

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Saundra Blake

The Drowzee seemed completely uninterested in us, walking off before we could even start off ourselves. Ryan commented that we were the ones that were supposed to be leaving, and I smirked a bit as we headed off. Ironbeak flew up into the air and followed from above, while Kilia pranced ahead of us and sniffed at everything she came across. I let Flutter back out of her Ball, and the Venomoth flew over to land on Kilia’s back. Despite Kilia’s inherit weakness to Bug attacks, she and Flutter were very close.

We walked for several minutes without seeing anything, which wasn’t a surprise granted Mewtwo had been in the general area not long ago. But then Ryan pointed out a Shedinja, hovering motionlessly over a branch above us.

"What about a Shedinja? You could troll with it by using Final Gambit,” the Ranger said, and I chuckled as I shook my head.

“Trolling isn’t my style,” I said with a smile. “As unique as Shedinja are, I’m not really interested in catching one at the moment. Hopefully we can scoot by without catching its attention…”

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: Ryan? Where did you get that name from?

IC: Saundra seemed to take liking to the comment about Shedinja, and laughed about it a little. She then turned to me with a smile and said, “trolling isn’t my style, as unique as Shedinja are, I’m not really interested in catching one at the moment. Hopefully we can scoot by without catching its attention…” I couldn't help but think that I remembered I heard she liked to troll with stuff, but hey I wasn't going to question that right now.

We started to walk towards Shedinja, and as we went around it, it ended up making no sudden movements. We were able to get around, and away from it with no trouble whatsoever. I guess it must have realized that it wasn't exactly the most suited Pokemon for fighting, and didn't want to cause a battle if it didn't need to. Perhaps it also saw the number that Saundra did on that wild Beheeyem with her Absol, and was weary of battling that. Either way you looked at things it was now just a memory though, and we continued on our way.

We had pretty much gone around in a loop with nothing new showing up after the time of between Mewtwo, and Shedinja, so I decided it would be best to lead Saundra back on up the hill, and to the other side of Meteor Valley where maybe we might find something she would want. After about eight or so minutes of walking we managed to make our way back there, and back to the top of the top of it. At this point it wasn't more than about another thirty seconds before something seemed a little excited to see us, and ran our way.

This was a dog-like Pokemon, one that was generally vicious, but this one actually seemed to be rather friendly. The majority of its body was gray, however there was black coloration on its face, all four of its paws, the inside of its ears, and its underbelly. It had a red nose, as well as its eyes being red and yellow. Two of its fangs would generally always be seen sticking out of the lower part of its mouth, and it had a very shaggy tail. The only thing I could really say about this was that it was an adorable little Pokemon, or at least I thought so since I have always been a fan of dogs.

"Do you want a Poochyena?"

Name: Saundra Blake
    Area Effects: None
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem, Drowzee, Shedinja, Poochyena
    Encounters Left: 7
    Pokemon Captured: Naive F Sableye, Serious F Ralts, Hardy F Absol
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Poochyena

Total Items:
    Park Ball x4 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5 ; PokePlayer ; x3 Full Restore ; x3 Halloween Costumes (one for 3k, two for either 6k each or 12k together) ; Electric Battery (does 15% damage) ; Riolu Voice Disc ; Ralts Voice Disc

Pokemon: Scizor 71%
    Nickname: Ripper
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Serious
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Absol 82%
    Nickname: Kilia
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Quirky
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Aerial Ace ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Snatch ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Flamethrower ; TM Substitute ; TM Stone Edge ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Attract ; TM Hidden Power [Ground] ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; BM Magic Coat ; MT Icy Wind ; MT Superpower ; BM Faint Attack

Pokemon: Braviary
    Nickname: Ironbeak
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Pluck ; TM Bulk Up ; TM Shadow Claw ; TM Rock Slide

Pokemon: Venomoth
    Nickname: Flutter
    Ability: Tinted Lens
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Roost ; TM Whirlwind ; TM Psychic ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Venoshock ; BM Baton Pass ; BM Toxic Spikes

@Dog of Hellsing;
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

I smiled a little as a Poochyena came running over to us after quite some time of walking here and there. It seemed friendly for its species, and Kilia instantly bounded over to meet it. Flutter took wing and flew over to land on my shoulder as Kilia went into a crouch in front of Poochyena, her rump wiggling in excitement.

“If you want to tag along you’re welcome to join us,” I said to the Poochyena, but I wasn’t sure if it would stick around with Kilia acting like an overgrown puppy. She was hopping back and forth now, yipping at the smaller canine and pawing at it in an effort to get it to play with her. Depending on its nature, the little Poochyena might end up getting scared off by Kilia’s enthusiasm.

===

OOC: I thought your Ranger’s name was Ryan, wasn’t that what Gardevoir called him? I don’t remember lol. Also, trying to a befriending since I’m 50/50 if I want Pooch over Ralts. Make it a Male too please :3.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: Nah, I've always been Gary. He's Eric's twin.

IC: “If you want to tag along you’re welcome to join us,” Saundra said upon seeing this Poochyena. She seemed fond of it, but at the same time she didn't really seem certain if she wanted it or not, since she had already captured three Pokemon as it was. So she just let the little creature decide its own fate, as to whether or not it would be joining us. I looked at it, and it let out a happy bark, which seemed to be dog, at least in this case anyway, for "sure!" "Well, it seems like we have one more joining us for the time being. Absol, make sure you keep your eyes on this thing," I said to my Absol who nodded. With that we took off.

We continued to walk through the plains for about another five minutes with my being on the lookout for anything there might be. Granted there wasn't really any place for anything to hide around here, but hey something could have been so small that it could have been laying down, and maybe we would overlook it. I was doubtful that such a thing would actually happen, but you never know. I mean not all Pokemon were as friendly as Poochyena, and would just run up to us. Some could have been very uninterested in a battle such as Mewtwo, or Drowzee, and just keep in hiding. After walking for about another minute, I took a look around and something did stand out to me here though, and that was that it looked like there was a stone sitting there, but that wasn't the case at all.

A Pokemon had kind of just been sitting there to the side by its lonesome. It looked like it had a dark green shield, or bubble of...jello maybe, or something gel like protecting its inner body. That inner one was small, and pale green in color. It had dot like black eyes, and a red diamond shape, that you would think is a nose of some sorts at first glance, but is actually apparently a mouth for it. It also had this strange yellow growth on the side of its head. This was certainly one of the more unusual Pokemon I had seen during our time here, but hey after seeing Mewtwo around nothing really took me by surprise anymore.

"Would you care to battle a Solosis?"

Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem, Drowzee, Shedinja, Poochyena, Solosis
    Encounters Left: 6
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Solosis

Total Items:
    Park Ball x4 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5 ; PokePlayer ; x3 Full Restore ; x3 Halloween Costumes (one for 3k, two for either 6k each or 12k together) ; Electric Battery (does 15% damage) ; Riolu Voice Disc ; Ralts Voice Disc

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Aerial Ace ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Snatch ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Flamethrower ; TM Substitute ; TM Stone Edge ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Attract ; TM Hidden Power [Ground] ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; BM Magic Coat ; MT Icy Wind ; MT Superpower ; BM Faint Attack

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Pluck ; TM Bulk Up ; TM Shadow Claw ; TM Rock Slide

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Roost ; TM Whirlwind ; TM Psychic ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Venoshock ; BM Baton Pass ; BM Toxic Spikes

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Poochyena decided to come with us, much to Kilia’s pleasure. As we walked along, she bounced all over the place, leaping here and there and barking excitedly. I shook my head and smiled at her antics; she didn’t spend much time around other canines, so when she was in the presence of one, she tended to go a little crazy.

We walked, once again for several minutes, before my next encounter appeared. It was a Solosis, a small Psychic Pokemon that was perhaps one of the most bizarre ever discovered. The Pokemon’s main body was quite small, but it appeared larger thanks to the fact that it was encased in a gel-like structure. They were likened to cells, with the Psychic’s main body being the nucleus and the outer gel being the cytoplasm. They were even classified as Cell Pokemon. They were cute in an almost disgusting manner, especially the way the main body sort of jiggled about in its jelly-like encasement.

"Would you care to battle a Solosis?" Gary asked, and I thought about it for a moment. I knew a friend that was gathering Psychic Pokemon; like my OTHER friend, he was a Gym Leader, and was always looking for new Pokemon to add to his roster. I heard that he’d recently been trying to obtain a Solosis, but had been having much luck in finding a wild one or locating anyone willing to trade theirs. On top of that, specialty breeders were far too expensive; though one would think the League would provide any monetary assistance in obtaining new Pokemon, they were actually quite useless in that regard. I knew that being a Gym Leader was also a decent-paying job, but it didn’t provide enough for spending thousands on a well-bred Pokemon.

“I do believe I’ll catch the little bugger,” I said, clapping my hands. “Flutter, you up for another round?” The Venomoth chittered jovially and flew off my shoulder, flitting towards Solosis. Ironbeak, not missing anything with his keen eyes, landed in a nearby tree once more as he settled down to watch the battle. Kilia trotted over to the tree and sat down beneath the large raptor, and a moment later Ripper flew down to sit next to Kilia. Ironbeak, apparently deciding he’d rather be closer to his fellow teammates, flew down a few moments later and hunkered down on Kilia’s other side. He looked a bit funny, sitting on the ground like that, but I didn’t let the scene distract me from my current goal.

“All right Flutter, let’s get this started! Go in with a Supersonic and then follow up with one of those Quiver Dances!” Flutter made a strange noise for a moth, a sort of squealing sound, and flew above Solosis. She then aimed her head down and began to emit a high-pitched screech, one that sounded more like a barely-audible whistle. I wasn’t even taking the brunt of it and it was an annoying sensation; I figured the attack would affect Solosis in particular. Being surrounded by something that was mostly liquid meant the aggravating sonic waves created from the attack would be amplified and strengthened.

After (hopefully) confusing the smaller Psychic with the assault of sonic waves, Flutter would move on to her next move. The reason for using it this time was the same I’d had for having her use it in the battle against Ralts. It was even more important here though; Solosis had a much higher Special Attack stat than Ralts did, so any Psychic moves from the little Pokemon could be extremely dangerous if they struck. I wanted Flutter to have a defensive buffer that would help protect her in the case of Solosis landing any attacks; being faster wouldn’t hurt, either, since it would let her evade certain attacks easier.

===

OOC: Male please, btw.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Saundra took a pause for a moment, and looked as though she was questioning if she should capture this thing or not. She did already have three nice Pokemon captured, but hey that never stopped a person from going out of their way to catch more. Even if she didn't really want this thing it could have at least been made for trade bait, like the Absol she obviously caught was for. After a few more moments she seemed to make up her mind.

“I do believe I’ll catch the little bugger. Flutter, you up for another round?” she said, as her Venomoth stepped forward. I guess since she said another round this thing must have been what battled it out with that Ralts during my coffee break. I guess that was understandable since Bugs have a distinct advantage over Psychic-types. I was pretty curious to see what it could do since I had never actually seen a Venomoth in battle before.

“All right Flutter, let’s get this started! Go in with a Supersonic and then follow up with one of those Quiver Dances!” she commanded. Nothing like starting off big, and attempting to instantly make your foe fell a status, even if it was an easy to get over one such as confusion. Course it did seem to be a little weird that she wasn't getting started using a move that caused some damage, but hey not everyone would just recklessly attack, and hope for the best.

First up was Supersonic, the user would use this attack by creating an annoying soundwave of energy from inside their own body, which would turn into three visible, golden rings when brought up to the surface. This wasn't exactly your easiest move to hit though, because some Pokemon, such as ones who had horrible hearing, might just tune it out, and also since its a visible soundwave some Pokemon could just dodge the majority of it. That was what made this attack so hard to hit, because it needed to hit them dead-on, to insure that it is absorbed in, and makes them confused. Venomoth released the horrid sounding move, but Solosis didn't really seem to have its head in the game. I don't know if it didn't really know we were here or not, of if it was maybe just half asleep, but either way it didn't even bother trying to avoid Supersonic, and that was a mistake...

After this Venomoth began its rather unusual dance. It was a mystic dance, kind of like a ritual one, used to boost the users power. It would increase their Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. It danced for a few moments, and as it reached the end of the dance it finished with a little spin, and a bright light, or glow emitted from underneath the creature. It was now more powerful than before, but at the same exact time this dance managed to capture the attention of the wild Solosis. Although it was confused, it seemed to have enough focus to turn its attention turn to its foe.

A dark purple, blob like ball of ghostly energy started to form in front of it. It was kind of funny, because the attack was pretty much as big as Solosis' entire body was. This attack was no doubt Shadow Ball, a commonly seen Ghost-type attack, that had a chance at dropping the opposing Pokemon's Special Defense. Even though it hadn't taken any sort of a beating yet, you could see in its eyes that while it was looking at Venomoth, it was having trouble being able to pinpoint the exact spot. Either way though it still fired off the attack, but unfortunately for it, or perhaps just fortunately for Venomoth, it only clipped the Bug-types wing. This still caused some damage, albeit minimal, but still. Now that things had gotten underway, I was curious to see what Saundra had in mind to use.

Current Battle Stats

? M Solosis Con1 100% Used Shadow Ball
    Jolly F Venomoth 94% Sp Atk/Sp Def/Spd+1 Used Supersonic and Quiver Dance

CC: 3613/9000

Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem, Drowzee, Shedinja, Poochyena, Solosis
    CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Flutter had successfully managed to use Supersonic, inflicting confusion on Solosis and (hopefully) buying us a few turns to set everything up nicely. She had then executed her Quiver Dance, once again having to land to do it. As she finished up the move and was getting ready to get airborne again, Solosis fired off what appeared to be a Shadow Ball. It wasn’t aimed very well and just clipped one of Flutter’s wings, which was a lot better than her taking the attack head-on. So far it seemed the confusion was working in our favor.

“Okay Flutter, on to the next step. I want you to lay down a layer of Stun Spore over Solosis and the surrounding area, all right?” Flutter chittered at me merrily in response and quickly gained several feet of altitude before flying over to Solosis. She then started shaking yellow-tinged scales from her wings, flying in a sort of squiggly circle to try and spread them around the battlefield. This way, if Solosis should notice the scales from above and managed to evade them, there was a good chance that he might still come into contact with the spores on the grass, especially if Flutter could knock him from the air later in the battle.

I was hoping, though, that the Solosis’s befuddled mind wouldn’t notice the Stun Spore. That thick gel-like coating protecting his fragile body would probably prevent the Stun Spore from taking immediate effect like it normally did; the powder covering the scales would, I was assuming, take several minutes to become absorbed by the gel and the Pokemon’s body itself. If Solosis noticed the Stun Spore too soon and managed to somehow get it off, then it most likely would be a failed effort. I wanted Stun Spore to have ample time doing its job, so with any luck, Solosis would be too bemused to notice the Stun Spore, or if he did, be unable to realize what was happening and therefore not try to get rid of the scales.

===

OOC: Sorry it's taken so long to get this up, I've been busy like hell lately blugh x__x.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Saundra examined the situation for a few moments, and seemed to be balancing what was at hand currently. Solosis wasn't damaged, however it was confused, which gave the possibility of it not attacking for a few turns, damaging itself instead. And Venomoth had also beefed itself up a bit too thanks to that Quiver Dance. If I had to guess I figured Saundra would now begin attacking, because you can't capture a Pokemon if it wasn't weakened down some. I thought she was going to attack anyway, but it turned out that I was wrong.

“Okay Flutter, on to the next step. I want you to lay down a layer of Stun Spore over Solosis and the surrounding area, all right?” Saundra commanded. What, seriously? Parafusion? I thought to myself. It was the most jerky thing that you could in a battle, because you were basically giving your opponent a seventy-five, out of two hundred, or three out of eight chance of not being able to attack. Those were pretty good odds of an attack not going through, and thus why it was incredibly jerky. But hey, whatever, it was Saundra's battle and she could do as she pleased. Still though it seemed weird going a second turn without using a move that could cause any damage.

Stun Spore was a Grass-type move, and an equivalent of sorts to the moves PoisonPowder, and Sleep Powder. It's name was pretty clear as to what it did. That was it would paralyze the foe if it managed to make contact with them. The user would attack by hitting them with spores, which was essentially the same as the powder from the other two moves. This was a simple enough attack for Venomoth to do, since it could easily produce the powder, or spores. Solosis was a bit out there, no doubt due to its confusion, and so it didn't really know which way its foe was coming from. Venomoth took advantage of this, and it release the Stun Spore over Solosis, and the area round it. Now, I may not have been a Pokemon, so this may not paralyze me, but it certainly set off my allergies, and caused me to start coughing up a storm. In this process too it ended up paralyzing the Solosis like she had hoped. You could see it kick in, making it slower, and eventually easier to capture.

Solosis was just really out of it now. It was dazed, and it had electricity circulating around it, but at the same time it also didn't look like it was ready to throw in the towel just yet. It looked like it was going to make some sort of attempt to charge at Venomoth....but what it thought was Venomoth was just a rock, and so instead it jumped head first into that. You know that one had to hurt just looking at it. Still though it came to, and started to shake itself off, but still it was both confused, and paralyzed, and Venomoth had gotten a Quiver Dance in, so things were looking somewhere between hopeless, and impossible for the little Psychic-type.

Current Battle Stats

? M Solosis Con2 Par 92% Used Smacked
    Jolly F Venomoth 94% Sp Atk/Sp Def/Spd+1 Used Stun Spore

CC: 5516/9000

CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

I could tell from a glance at my Ranger that he was a bit confused as to my tactics; most people would start attacking after getting in a stat boost and inflicting even a minor status like confusion, but I was taking no chances with the little floating Pokemon before me. Even with her Special Defense boosted a bit thanks to Quiver Dance, I didn’t want to risk Flutter taking any Psychic attacks that might take her out of the game. The more things we had going for us, the better off my Pokemon would be in the long run.

After laying down her Stun Spore, Flutter tried her best to remain directly over her opponent and out of the Pokemon’s line of sight; a good tactic when your foe was already bemused and having a hard time keeping track of their surroundings. I nodded at her foresight as Solosis seemed to prepare himself for an attack of some kind; he drew back just a little, then suddenly charged towards a large rock. I winced a bit when the Pokemon struck the stone, clearly thinking that it was Flutter in his dazed state of mind. Thankfully, the thick outer layer of gel surrounding his body absorbed most of the blow, otherwise that would have probably been a slightly more painful bonk to the noggin.

While Solosis was recovering from his literal run-in with the rock, I decided now would be a good time to start dealing a bit of damage in order to weaken the little blob. Thanks to her increased Special Attack, I wanted to avoid any kind of Bug moves like Bug Buzz or Silver Wind that would do a lot more damage than normal. On top of that, there was the possibility of Solosis damaging himself further, and I didn’t want to do so much damage that he might knock himself out in his confusion.

I pondered the various attacks Flutter knew, and there were a few that were relatively low in power, but could still pack a nice punch thanks to Flutter’s earlier Quiver Dance as well as her Ability. Tinted Lens basically caused a Pokemon to put more effort into moves that weren’t very effective against the foe, boosting their strength and giving them more power than normal. One of the best moves to make use of this would be Psybeam; it was a Psychic attack, which would be rather ineffective when used on a Psychic Pokemon, and it only had a base power of 65. It would do a nice bit of damage to Solosis, but not enough to take his HP down too far.

“Flutter, use a Psybeam!” I called to the moth, who responded by focusing her gaze on Solosis and pressing her legs close to her body. A faint lavender haze started to radiate from her compound eyes; this then grew brighter and concentrated until the Pokemon’s eyes were completely filled with intense purple light. Then, with no warning, the concentrated Psychic energy was shot from Flutter’s eyes in sparkling, multi-colored beams. These flew towards Solosis, currently aimed at his back unless he turned around or managed to evade the attack.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Saundra seemed to wonder what sort of attack would be best here. Now granted Venomoth got in a Quiver Dance, and had a type advantage over its foe, but Solosis wasn't exactly the frailest thing in the world, and it still had essentially all of its health, aside from the bit it lost from confusion. Confusion wouldn't last forever though, and chances would need to be taken, but then again anything could work really.

“Flutter, use a Psybeam!” Saundra commanded. I guess the only thing I could really assume here, was that she was trying to get a boost from Tinted Lens, and didn't want to use a Bug-type move out of fear of knocking it out or something. But would the damage really have been so great that it did that much? Well, I guess Saundra didn't really want to risk it to find out, and decided to play things carefully instead.

Psybeam obviously wouldn't do a whole lot of damage to Solosis, because it wasn't that powerful of a move, and it was a Psychic-type move just like its foe. Though with the boost from Tinted Lens, going along with that increase in Special Attack it might be able to do some sort of dent. It did have the chance of confusing the foe as well, but since Solosis was already confused at this point there was a zero chance of that occurring. Venomoth released the strange looking multicolored ray at its opponent. It was certainly an odd looking, but very colorful attack. Solosis still seemed like it didn't really know what was going on, and so as such it didn't even really make an attempt to get out of the way. It hit its mark, knocking the small Psychic-type down into the dirt.

It got back up after a few moments, looking more determined than before now, and also not looking all that beaten. Its focus seemed to have finally returned to it, leading me to believe that it had now overcome the confusion that it had. It then started to create its own psychic wave, that looked pretty powerful at first glance. It was unusual, because that was the nature of this attack, Psyshock. It was a move that would attack with the users Special Attack stat, however it would deal damage using the foes Defense stat as the determiner for damage. This meant it would be able to get around that boost from Quiver Dance. The wave turned into several dark purple balls of energy, and went after Venomoth. Though Venomoth was nimble, and so it managed to avoid half of the attack. It didn't get passed all of it though, and so it took a few steps back, wincing in pain. This Solosis was a tough one, that much was for sure, and so I was interested to see how things would play out.

Current Battle Stats

? M Solosis Par 60% Used Psyshock
    Jolly F Venomoth 82% Sp Atk/Sp Def/Spd+1 Used Psybeam

CC: 8432/9000

CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Solosis snapped out of his confusion after Flutter’s Psybeam struck him and knocked him into the ground; whether it was the blow itself that brought him out of it or just the confusion passing due to time was uncertain, but it was clear that the little Psychic was back in his right mind. He fired off an attack that I was unfamiliar with, having only seen it used a few times from other Pokemon I’d battled over the past year or so. It was called Psyshock or some such thing, and the only other thing I remembered was it dealt power based on the foe’s Defense stat even though it was a Special move.

Flutter was able to dodge a good portion of the attack thanks to her increased Speed, but some of the dark pulses of the Psyshock still managed to buffet her. She recoiled from the attack but recovered quickly, not faring too badly from the blow. I watched her for a moment to make sure she was fine, and only when I was satisfied that she’d be good to continue battling did I think about what we could do next.

Obviously we could make use of another move that was very similar to Psybeam if I wanted to continue putting Tinted Lens to use, but it seemed Solosis was hardier than I had given it credit for, so there wasn’t much of a need to be overly cautious. That was even truer considering Solosis was no longer gripped by confusion, so there was no danger of him doing more damage to himself if he was at a critical level of HP. Still, I wasn’t going to make use of any high-powered moves since it would only take a single miscalculation to knock the little Psychic out.

There were a few things we could do here. If I wanted to play it safe, there were a few Physical moves Flutter knew, such as Tackle or Poison Fang. Both were low in power, and Poison Fang would gain a bit of a boost in strength thanks to it being Poison type like Flutter. There was also Leech Life; it was weaker than Poison Fang, but it would be effective against Solosis and, like Poison Fang, it matched Flutter’s Type. On top of that, the energy drained by the attack would replenish some of the HP Flutter had lost from Psyshock. Being a Physical attack like the others meant it would be unaffected by Quiver Dance, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make considering everything else. In all honesty I had only been using Quiver Dance to protect Flutter from things like Psychic, so not being able to employ it for attacking wasn’t much of a concern.

“Flutter, we’re going to try and steal back a bit of health,” I told the Pokemon. “Use your speed to get close to Solosis and use a Leech Life!” Flutter chittered at me and flew over to Solosis, her mandibles opening wide as she closed in and prepared to deliver her attack. With any luck she could strike and then retreat before Solosis had a chance to counter with anything overly powerful.

@Ebail

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Saundra didn't really seem like she knew what she wanted to do here. Solosis showed it could take a hit, but still she didn't really seem like she was all that interested in making use of the Quiver Dance she had Venomoth use. I guess that was understandable, but still it seemed like a waste to me, and at the same time it made me wonder what move, or moves, she had in mind to use here.

“Flutter, we’re going to try and steal back a bit of health. Use your speed to get close to Solosis and use a Leech Life!” she commanded. This was playing things incredibly safe. Now sure, Solosis was weak to Bug-type moves, and Venomoth received STAB from this, but this attack was both incredibly weak, as well as a Physical attack, and so therefor not that beneficial to Venomoth, due to it not being the best attacker. Maybe she just really did want her Pokemon to heal itself a bit, or maybe she just wanted to take things really slow. I wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to question her, because finding out what she was up to is half of the fun.

Leech Life was probably one of the weakest moves out there, only having a base power of 20. To me, it kind of seemed more like a troll move than anything else. I mean, I remember Eric once telling me that he knocked out a Tyranitar that was on the edge of defeat, by having his Crobat use Leech Life. It sounded funny at least, because Tyranitar was this bulky thing, and Crobat wasn't much of an attacker, so finishing it that way was good. Basically this move was like a mosquito bite. The user would fly over at the foe, and quickly get their mouth on the opponents arm, or probably head in this case, since Solosis had no arms, and suck out some blood healing themself in the process. It wasn't my favorite move to think of, since I would usually squash a mosquito, but I was sure that was just as annoying as that.

Venomoth flew over at Solosis, and quickly stuck its teeth right into its side area, sucking out whatever energy it could, and healing itself in the process. Since it was a weak move, it was a long process of getting back a decent amount of strength, and right now, even though its opponent was paralyzed, time was not something that Venomoth had to spare. Solosis' eyes started to change blue, and the area around itself for a good couple of feet started to change purple, or pink in color as it was reacting to the energy being released. Solosis used this energy to quickly fling Venomoth off of itself, and into the air, though it didn't do much, and it didn't cause the Bug-type to crash, since it was able to regain its composure by flapping its wings. The move Solosis had used was Psychic, a generally powerful move, especially from it, but in this case due to the Special Defense boost, and the desperation it was used in, it did very little. Still though, this Solosis needed to be given credit, because it still had a decent fight left in it it seemed, but I was more than sure that Saundra was looking to change that.

Current Battle Stats

? M Solosis Par 50% Used Psychic
    Jolly F Venomoth 83% Sp Atk/Sp Def/Spd+1 Used Leech Life

CC: 11268/9000

CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Solosis was a tough little blighter, that was for certain. He’d taken several hits with more gusto than I’d originally given him credit for having, and even though his Psychic had been rather erratic and unfocused, he’d still managed to knock Flutter a good distance away from him. If that had been a better-controlled attack, my Pokemon could have been in serious trouble.

Other Trainers might have been irritated. Some might have even been angry. And yet others might have been uncertain or worried. A Pokemon that they’d underestimated? Certainly such a thing would bother a person? I, on the other hand, was actually pretty happy. It meant this little guy was a lot stronger than I’d first assumed, and that made me more determined to add him to my team. If he was this good as just a basic Pokemon, I could only imagine how much stronger he might become after evolving.

It was time to try and wrap things up though. The longer the battle went on, the more of a chance that Flutter might get hit with a powerful blow that could take her out of commission. I pondered for a few moments on what we could do before deciding on a course of action.

“Flutter! Whip up a Gust and add a sprinkle of Sleep Powder to it!” I called. The Venomoth chittered in response as she gained a few feet of height, then started to beat her wings in the most bizarre pattern one could imagine a Pokemon might use. Her left wing would make a strange sort of S motion while her right wing beat so fast it became a blur; then suddenly, her left wing would match the tempo of the right for a few seconds before switching back to the slower S motion. As she did this, the Venomoth was also moving in a somewhat erratic circle.

It was easy enough to break down the Pokemon’s strange actions. Her left wing was being used to shed scales covered in a powder with powerful sedative properties, while the right wing was whipping up air into a powerful funnel. When Flutter’s left wing sped up it was to make sure she didn’t throw her balance off so much that she crashed into the ground, and it also helped add strength to the Gust she was forming. The point of her circular flight was to control the Gust, preventing it from moving too far away in any direction as she added more power and Sleep Powder to it.

After a few moments, there was a visible funnel of wind ripping up grass and small clumps of dirt. Occasionally, the sunlight glinted off the scales caught in the wind vortex, making it glint with an emerald flash every so often. Once she was pleased with the size of the attack and the amount of Sleep Powder inside it, Flutter moved behind her attack and gave two mighty beats of her large wings. This action sent the attack spiraling towards Solosis, leaving a narrow path of torn-up ground in its wake.

There were three things I was counting on with this combo. First, it would keep Flutter a safe distance from Solosis, so she could see any counterattacks coming and have time to dodge. Second, Gust was a Special move, which meant it would get a boost from Flutter’s earlier Quiver Dance and hopefully be enough to take Solosis down to the red. Finally, the added Sleep Powder, while maybe not enough to knock Solosis out altogether, would hopefully make him drowsy so he’d have a harder time concentrating on the battle. If Gust wasn’t strong enough to take his HP down to a manageable level, him being too tired to focus on the fight would give us a good advantage.

However, I was eager to not only end the battle before it drew on too long, I was ready to get Solosis on my team. I fished a Super Ball from the confines of my pack and prepared to throw it if Solosis was struck by Flutter’s attack.

===

OOC: You get to bunny me tossing dat Park Ball, whoot! 8D

@Ebail

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: 112% chance without Sleep Powder, and no quality, so, yeah wasn't needed. XD Also, glad you posted today since it's a day off, so I had the time to post.

IC: I could see that glimmer in Saundra's eyes. She saw that this Solosis wasn't going to go down easily, but, she also seemed like she was going to try to wrap things up right now. It wasn't really impossible to do so, I mean Venomoth had boosted its power, so it had something to work with to get the job done. Besides, she had spent a decent enough amount of time battling it, and a good while in the park in general. I'm sure she wanted to finish up her business here, and be on her merry way.

“Flutter! Whip up a Gust and add a sprinkle of Sleep Powder to it!” Saundra commanded. I couldn't help but think to myself, what the hell was this, some sort of cooking show? It was gonna whip up the Gust, add in the sprinkle of Sleep Powder, and then put Solosis in an over to bake at 350 degrees, for four hours? Garnish it some, and serve it with a side caesar salad, and some garlic bread? That...actually didn't sound half bad, just replace the Solosis with a steak or something. I'd been here for a while, so once we were finally done with this run I'd go home and have some dinner. First thing was first, I needed to see this battle through until the end.

Gust wasn't too fancy of an attack. The user would just blow a powerful gust of wind, at maybe like 50 miles per hour max, or something. Something powerful, but not something that could cause too heavy of damage, such as a tornado. Though, when this attack did hit, it did somewhat take on the appearance of a tornado when doing damage. It was a Flying-type attack, as you could imagine, and since it was a Special Attack, it would benefit from that Quiver Dance. Though this attack wasn't powerful enough to the point where it would knock Solosis out. She really seemed to have everything planned out perfectly here.

Venomoth flew back a bit, and released some powder, which looked similar to the Stun Spore it used earlier, only this one looked green in color instead. It was Sleep Powder, the sleep variant of the powder moves, and the one that, obviously, would put the foe to sleep if it hit. As the powder slowly fell, Venomoth started to create a wind, in which the Sleep Powder was sucked in to. This whole thing flew over at Solosis, and trapped it within the gust. The attack was smacking at Solosis, though it didn't end up looking all that drowsy, but honestly I think at this point it wouldn't even need to fall asleep to be finished.

Saundra wasn't going to wait any longer, she reached into her bag, and pulled out what appeared to be a Super Ball. Once Venomoth finished up with it's attack, she took said ball, and threw it at the Psychic-type. It sucked the green blob in, and well, there wasn't any resistance at all. The business with Solosis was done, and I had to say it seemed like it all ran rather smoothly.

"Congrats, Saundra. Good to see that you managed to catch this thing, before it got too out of hand," I said, as I walked over to Solosis' ball, and put it in my pocket. "So, what do you want to do now? This is your fourth capture, and I think you said something about leaving after this Pokemon, but I don't really remember, which is why I'm double checking with you. Whenever you make your decision we can do whatever you want."

Pokemon Captured: Naive F Sableye, Serious F Ralts, Hardy F Absol, M Solosis
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter:

Total Items:
    Park Ball x4 ; Super Ball x1 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5 ; PokePlayer ; x3 Full Restore ; x3 Halloween Costumes (one for 3k, two for either 6k each or 12k together) ; Electric Battery (does 15% damage) ; Riolu Voice Disc ; Ralts Voice Disc

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

OOC: Yay for pointless capture rolls? XD Also yeah, I was gonna post on Monday but just didn't have the motivation, and was too tired to do it yesterday.

===

IC: Saundra Blake

Flutter’s hard work had paid off beautifully, and now Solosis was captured. I sighed a little; in the heat of the moment, I’d forgotten that I’d already decided to trade the little bugger to my friend so he could expand his collection of Psychics for his Gym.

So much for seeing how tough you get when you evolve, I thought wistfully as my Ranger went to retrieve the Super Ball. He then inquired about what I wanted to do next, mentioning something about my saying I wanted to leave after catching Solosis.

“Y’know, I don’t remember saying that, but to be honest, I was probably more focused on the battle than anything. At any rate, I’ve got a good batch of Pokemon, and I want to get Solosis to my pal as quick as possible. I suppose I’ll be heading out. Thanks for taking me through the Park, it was a nice visit.”

===

OOC: Claiming Sableye, Absol, and Solosis.

@Ebail

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast