Main RP: Meteor Valley - Page 30

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Default Re: Main RP: Meteor Valley

OOC: Gender

IC: “Well, he certainly wasn’t overjoyed that I decided to talk to him, but I guess what really matters is he didn’t decide to try and send us to the moon or something,” Saundra said after Mewtwo took off. I couldn't help but wonder if she was actually talking to me, to her Pokemon, or if she was maybe just thinking out loud. I figured it was just best if I didn't say anything in response. She then pulled out her Absol's Pokeball, and sent it out. I guess she wanted to wait for Mewtwo to be gone, so that a conflict wouldn't have ended up starting. Don't know how it would have though, unless her Absol made the first move, since Mewtwo knew mine was right here.

“I think we’ll go for it. What do you say, girl? Up for a battle?” Saundra asked her Absol, as she patted it on its horn. It quickly took a battle stance by leaping to its paws, like it was really looking forward to the battle at hand. This was a smart choice, seeing as how, if I remembered right mind you, Scizor had gone through two battles, and Venomoth went through one. This meant that Saundra had one more Pokemon with a type advantage she hadn't used yet, and that just so happened to be her beloved Absol. Can't forget about its ability too, Super Luck, which made critical hits land more easily, and more often. So basically any move she used could have the potential to do double the damage. While this was handy, it could also backfire later on. She would need to be careful as the battle goes on.

“All right! Let’s kick this off with a Faint Attack, and while you’re at it, toss in a Thunder Wave!” Saundra commanded, as she took a couple of steps back so that these two Pokemon had some more room for their battle. She didn't appear like she wanted to pull any punches. She was going to instantly shoot for a status so that Beheeyem would be slower, possibly not have a chance to attack, and the part that she cared about, it would be easier to capture once it came time to throw a ball. Well I couldn't really argue with her logic, since it seemed pretty flawless so far.

First up was Faint Attack. The user would generally drop their guard, and walk towards the foe as though they weren't going to do anything. But then as they got close enough to the foe, they would throw a sucker punch. This punch would be thrown so close that there was no chance of it missing, short of the opposing Pokemon using Protect. Of course though it seemed Saundra's Absol was slightly different in using this attack. By that I meant that it appeared as though she intended to combine the two moves she was told to use, and fire them both at about the same time.

Absol took a jump, and landed on Beheeyem's shadow, before it vanished. Of course it wasn't really gone, it was just using its energy to conceal itself. When it reappeared in front of Beheeyem its horn appeared as though it had been filled with electricity, and an orb of energy showed up in front of it. While Absol was hidden it clearly charged up its Thunder Wave, unbeknownst to its foe. It hit Beheeyem, and before the energy even had a chance to spread through its body, Absol threw its punch and knocked it into the ground.

It slowly got back up, though now you could see that the paralysis took no time in spreading throughout it. Though this did technically put the Psychic-type at a disadvantage, it also seemed to give it an idea. It charged up its only sphere of electricity in front of itself, and released a powerful blast of energy from it. Beheeyem was using Thunderbolt, the most commonly seen Electric-type move, and one that could cause a par. Fortunately for Absol it was able to avoid part of the attack, and only get its back legs clipped by it. But this was still enough to cause it to get down, and try to shake the pain off. Since she already took care of a status, I had to wonder what Saundra would do from here on out.

Current Battle Stats

? ? Beheeyem Par 81% Used Thunderbolt
    Quirky F Absol 93% Used Faint Attack and Thunder Wave

CC: 8548/25000

Name: Saundra Blake
    Area Effects: None
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem
    Encounters Left: 10
    Pokemon Captured: Naive F Sableye, Serious F Ralts, Hardy F Absol
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Beheeyem

Total Items:
    Park Ball x4 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5 ; PokePlayer ; x3 Full Restore ; x3 Halloween Costumes (one for 3k, two for either 6k each or 12k together) ; Electric Battery (does 15% damage) ; Riolu Voice Disc ; Ralts Voice Disc

Pokemon: Scizor 71%
    Nickname: Ripper
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Serious
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Absol
    Nickname: Kilia
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Quirky
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Aerial Ace ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Snatch ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Flamethrower ; TM Substitute ; TM Stone Edge ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Attract ; TM Hidden Power [Ground] ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; BM Magic Coat ; MT Icy Wind ; MT Superpower ; BM Faint Attack

Pokemon: Braviary
    Nickname: Ironbeak
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Pluck ; TM Bulk Up ; TM Shadow Claw ; TM Rock Slide

Pokemon: Venomoth
    Nickname: Flutter
    Ability: Tinted Lens
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Roost ; TM Whirlwind ; TM Psychic ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Venoshock ; BM Baton Pass ; BM Toxic Spikes

@Dog of Hellsing;
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Kilia managed to pull off one of her most beloved combos with ease, flawlessly landing her Thunder Wave and her Faint Attack. As she was propelled away from Beheeyem by the momentum of her attack, however, the Psychic recovered enough to fire off a Thunderbolt. Luckily, the Electric attack only clipped Kilia’s hind legs, but she let out a sharp yip of pain as she landed. She danced about for a moment, her paws and legs clearly smarting from the glancing blow, but by no means was she ready to call it quits.

“Okay Kilia, what do you say we show this fella how creative you can get?” I asked, and Kilia shot me what could only be described as a slightly maniacal grin. If it was one thing she loved, it was really messing with her foe’s mind and doing whatever it took to keep them reeling in confusion. Her…slightly ecstatic personality made it easy for her to think up ways of damaging the foe while leaving them absolutely confounded. All I had to do was provide her with her commands and she’d take care of the rest of it.

“Right, let’s see what you can make happen with a Hidden Power, followed by a Flamethrower!” I said with a small smile. I liked challenging Kilia with different moves, not only because it would stimulate her quirky nature, but because I rather enjoyed seeing just what crazy schemes she could come up with. Like I said, I’d only discovered her sneaky Faint Attack-Thunder Wave combo by accident, after having given her those commands in a battle once. Ever since then, it was almost never the same battle twice with her, since I preferred giving her different combos to try. The rare exception was cases like this, where I knew she liked a certain combo and it fit the situation.

Kilia let out a howl that sounded just a little crazed, throwing her head back and swinging her horn madly. She then heaved herself onto her back paws, lashing at the air with her and continuing to yowl. She tottered back and forth on her hind legs for a moment, whipping her front paws through the air and generally looking like she’d gone absolutely nuts. After a few moments she fell back onto all fours and abruptly fell still; after a second of standing there without so much as breathing, Kilia twitched her head to the left. Her tail twitched at the same time and to the same degree as the horn on her head, and at that moment, mild chaos literally erupted from the ground under Beheeyem.

Jagged stones burst up out of the ground, and with them came thick clumps of grass, weeds, roots, and dirt. This was Kilia’s Hidden Power, which for her was Ground-type. As the rocks blasted up into the air, Kilia moved on to her second command. She threw her chest out, pulling her head and shoulder back as she began to inhale. She sucked in so much air her chest visibly swelled, and for a moment it seemed like she’d keep breathing in until she popped. But then she closed her mouth, and though her back was to me, I knew the look of intense concentration that creased her face when she was preparing a Flamethrower.

After two or three seconds, Kilia’s jaws suddenly dropped open, and an impressive gout of crimson and saffron flames emerged from her throat. The heat from the Flamethrower was strong enough to reach me as it tore itself from Kilia’s gaping jaws, but the sudden warmth didn’t distract me from a very important fact. Kilia’s Flamethrower wasn’t aimed at Beheeyem; instead, it struck the mass of thickly overgrown stones that her earlier Hidden Power had unearthed.

The moment Kilia’s Flamethrower touched the foliage ensnaring the Hidden Power (which was still going, mind you; the rocks were continuing to shoot into the air the whole time Kilia was preparing and using her Flamethrower), the plant matter burst into roaring flames. I was surprised at the intensity of the blaze and realized what Kilia’s wonderfully unpredictable mind had come up with. Flamethrower itself was a powerful move, so powerful that a critical hit scored from her Super Luck might do too much damage. Instead of using the attack directly and risking a critical blow, Kilia was using her Hidden Power to deliver just as powerful an attack, only via an indirect manner. In this way, she could better avoid striking any vulnerable areas, thus reducing her chances of scoring an unwanted critical strike.

I was so caught up in watching Kilia do her thing that I almost missed Ironbeak perching in the same tree Mewtwo had been behind. I glanced over in time to see Ripper’s head pop up over Ironbreak’s; the Scizor crossed his arms on top of Ironbeak’s head, resting what could be called his chin on his arms as he and his feathery ride watched their companion doing what she did best.

===

OOC: I thought Beheeyem was Genderless lol. Ah well, make it Male. Also, I think I got a bit too carried away describing Kilia's combo, but it just seemed so cool in my head and I sorta got into story mode ^_^'...sorry.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: It's cool, better to go crazy with it, rather than not, and not be interesting.

IC: “Okay Kilia, what do you say we show this fella how creative you can get?” Saundra asked her Absol. It was certainly a creative way of doing a battle, by leaving the moves done up to the Pokemon itself. I had actually seen this in another run recently with an individual named Jay. He told his Alakazam to do whatever it had wanted against the Mincinno it was up against. In that case it ended up picking Psychic, but in this case it looked like Absol was going to confirm things with her owner, before she actually went ahead and made a move.

“Right, let’s see what you can make happen with a Hidden Power, followed by a Flamethrower!” Saundra commanded. This was a relatively interesting combo, since Absol weren't particularly known for being the best Special Attackers, despite having a relatively nice amount of those moves. But hey doing the unexpected always made a battle nice and interesting.

Absol started off by going....well kind of nuts. I had no idea what Hidden Power it had, since a Pokemon's Hidden Power could be any one of sixteen types when it came to damage. The only type it couldn't end up being was the Normal-type. While I may not have known what the specific type was here I could only assume that it wasn't one of the types from some moves she had, namely Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt since if it was the Electric-type should would have been better off using Thunderbolt anyway since it was more powerful. I also figured it wasn't Psychic, or Fighting-typed since those types wouldn't do a whole lot to a Psychic-type. My curiosity was answered when Absol stopped acting like a nutcase, the ground started to erupt from under Beheeyem. This could have only meant that Hidden Power's type was Ground, and so Absol, rather than using the energy in its body to just manipulate a Ground-type attack from its body, actually used the ground itself to attack. The ground that came up was full of stones, clumps of grass, and dirt, and it all slammed against the Psychic-type, causing it to fall back a few feet in pain.

Only mere seconds after it was done doing this attack, Absol jumped back a couple of feet, threw her upper body out, and took a deep breath. She had sucked in so much air, that you could actually see her chest expand out. A few seconds later she turned her head back at Beheeyem, and released a powerful blast of flames. She was using Flamethrower, it was basically the Fire-type equivalent of the Thunderbolt we saw earlier, only instead of having a chance to cause a paralysis, it could instead cause a burn. Absol spit the flames directly towards Beheeyem, and there was nothing the Psychic-type could do about this since it was still pretty off balance from the previous attack.

It was hurt, but this creature wasn't throwing in the towel just yet. It turned its attention to the freshly dug up ground from where Hidden Power was used, and it saw some stones, or rocks that had been formed because of it. It then used its psychic energy to pick those stones up, and it hurled them directly at Absol. It was using Rock Slide, a move where the user would make a wave of rocks come crashing down on you, in an attempt to make the Pokemon it would be hitting flinch. The rocks were coming close, but they couldn't be thrown at full enough power, since Beheeyem had lost whatever speed it had between being paralyzed, and damaged. This gave Absol an ample amount of time to attempt to dodge the attack. Of course no close range, which also covers a large area, attack is completely unavoidable, and so it was smacked by a couple of the rocks, giving it some minor damage. Absol was able to more or less quickly shake it off though, and once again turned its attention to her foe. Things were looking pretty one sided so far, but hey anything could happen, and the tide of a battle could shift in an instant.

Current Battle Stats

? ? Beheeyem Par 59% Used Rock Slide
    Quirky F Absol 85% Used Hidden Power, and Flamethrower

CC: 13242/25000

CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:
    Park Ball x4 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x3 ; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5 ; PokePlayer ; x3 Full Restore ; x3 Halloween Costumes (one for 3k, two for either 6k each or 12k together) ; Electric Battery (does 15% damage) ; Riolu Voice Disc ; Ralts Voice Disc

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Aerial Ace ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Snatch ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Flamethrower ; TM Substitute ; TM Stone Edge ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Attract ; TM Hidden Power [Ground] ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; BM Magic Coat ; MT Icy Wind ; MT Superpower ; BM Faint Attack

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Pluck ; TM Bulk Up ; TM Shadow Claw ; TM Rock Slide

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Attract ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Roost ; TM Whirlwind ; TM Psychic ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Venoshock ; BM Baton Pass ; BM Toxic Spikes

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

NBP 4
    Ranger Joe Smith

Eric looked towards his Scizor and said, "You did good Scizor, now you can take a rest in case I need you later on.” He removed a small red and white ball and returning the huge steel Pokemon. "I'm ready to keep going whenever you are Akinai," Eric stated as he turned around and looked at Akinai.

Akinai returned her Absol into his Pokeball and turned to Eric and Joe, saying “Got it.” Joe nodded and led the group down the dark cave. He stretched his legs as he walked since his legs were all stiff after standing around for quiet a while. Joe looked up to his shoulder and noticed that Murkrow calmly sitting there. It seemed that someone got a little bit tired watching the battle.

As they walked through the cave, Joe suddenly heard a small noise up ahead; it sounded like either a Pokemon was having an argument with itself, or it was two Pokemon having an argument with each other. They walked a couple of metres before the voices became clearer. Joe noticed up ahead was a pair of two Ghost Pokemon and it looked like they were fighting over a small stone. It was a dark purple colour and caught the eye of Joe. Joe noticed that the stone was a Dusk Stone, which evolved only a certain amount of Pokemon. Joe turned his attention to the two Pokemon. One was a small purple Pokemon, with small red beads circling around its neck. It had a pair of dark red eyes that were fixed on the Dusk Stone. The other Pokemon was small and black; and seemed to be holding onto a small facemask with its shadowy limbs. It seemed that they had walked into an argument between a Misdreavus and a Yamask. It felt strange for a Yamask to be fighting for a Dusk Stone, since it had no need for one; whereas Misdreavus needs a Dusk Stone to evolve.

Joe turned to Eric and Akinai and said, “Do either of you want to battle these Pokemon?”

@Akinai; @Ebail;

-------------------------------

Ebail's Trainer Stats

Name: Eric
    Trainer Items: 2 x Park balls, 7 x Super balls, 2 x Hyper balls, Magnet Ball, 5 x Super Potion, Digital Camera, Porygon Voice Disc, Litwick Voice Disc, Ralts Voice Disc, Drillbur Voice Disc, 14 x Pokedoll, Apricorn Box: (4 x Red Apricorn, 3 x Yellow Apricorn, 2 x White Apricorn)

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Munna, Misdreavus
    Encounters Left: 17
    Pokemon Captured: F Lax Munna

Pokemon Stats

Akinai's Trainer Stats

Name: Akinai
    Trainer Items: x1 Parkball, x3 Superball, x3 Hyperball, x2 Super Potion, x5 Pokedoll, Digital Camera, Apricorn Box, Blue Apricorn, PokePlayer, 1 Type Repellent - Ground, 1 Type Repellent - Fighting

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Gastly, Yamask
    Encounters Left: 17
    Pokemon Captured: M Relaxed Gastly

Pokemon Stats

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

We kept walking through the cave for a few moments, before Joe seemed to hear a noise, and so he went up to investigate. It appeared to be two Pokemon fighting over a stone, and a Dusk Stone if I saw correctly. I got my hopes up, because I thought maybe it was going to be some nice Pokemon fighting over it, but it just turned out to be nothing of interest.

“Do either of you want to battle these Pokemon?” Joe asked, looking at Yamask, and Misdreavus.

"I'm fairly certain I speak for the both of us when I say no thanks. These things are both pretty common, so let's try to escape. If we manage to fail I'll just use one of my Pokedolls so that the two of us can get away," I said, as I reached into my bag and pulled out a Pokedoll. I didn't even need to ask Akinai, cause I could just already tell she had zero interest in these two things.

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

Beheeyem was crafty, I had to admit. He employed his Psychic powers to levitate some of the stones from Kilia’s Hidden Power, launching them at the Absol. She was able to nimbly dodge most of the rocks from Beheeyem’s Rock Slide, but a few of them grazed along Kilia’s sides and back. It was more a glancing blow than anything, really, though it did a bit from damage from the way Kilia was standing. I could tell that the wounds from the rocks scraping her skin must have been uncomfortable if not outright painful, but after a moment her tense stance relaxed. Obviously the damage wasn’t that bad.

I took a few moments to study Beheeyem, trying to gauge his health. I wasn’t familiar enough with the species to pick up on subtle body language, though, and he was giving no readily obvious signs that he was getting tired. I would have to be careful as I battled; not knowing when a potential teammate was close to fainting could lead to an accidental knock out, and that was the last thing I wanted.

“Kilia, let’s take a more direct approach,” I called after a moment, deciding to use weaker moves for now rather than risking stronger ones. Without being able to really guess Beheeyem’s remaining HP, it was the best bet I had of not overdoing it and knocking it out accidentally. Not only that, but a critical hit from a weaker move would be less likely of being an overly powerful blow. “Get in there with a Quick Attack and then show give a little love nip.”

“Sol!” Kilia barked enthusiastically. She then dug her claws into the ground, slowly sinking down until she was nearly lying on her belly. Then she lunged forward, vanishing entirely the moment her paws hit the ground again. Knowing Kilia, I could picture her strategy in my mind.

Beheeyem had been knocked back from the stones unearthed by Kilia’s Hidden Power and was now floating behind them. Kilia would dart over to the remaining rocks and use them as a ramp, charging up them and throwing herself at Beheeyem, most likely with a crazed grin. She would swing her horn around, trying to catch Beheeyem in the curve and flick her head backwards. This would throw him forward instead of away, giving Kilia a chance to use her second attack, which was Bite (love nip was just our code for it). I didn’t know where she’d try Biting, but most likely she’d try to go for an arm or a shoulder. With her personality, though, I could just see her biting onto Beheeyem’s head and hanging there like a giant furry hat. The mental image made me snicker in amusement just as Kilia blinked into view.

“How did I know?” I muttered to myself, seeing that Kilia had indeed ran up the stones from her Hidden Power and was now flying through the air towards Beheeyem, her head cocked back as she prepared to lash out at her opponent with her scythe-like horn.

@Ebail;

Once he saw that everyone was ready to continue on, Joe led the group further into the cave. While the walk was fairly uneventful, save for the Ranger's Murkrow deciding to roost on his partner's shoulder rather than fly about the whole time, there was eventually a break in the silence as sounds could be heard just up ahead. As they approached to discover the source, the figures of two Pokemon could be seen.

“Do either of you want to battle these Pokemon?” Joe asked the two Trainers, pointing over at the two Pokemon up ahead.

Akinai glanced over and recognized immediately the form of a Misdreavus. While she had owned a Mismagius in the past, she had no desire to battle one when she could just purchase one relatively easily in most stores. As for the second Pokemon, while the name of the creature eluded her for the moment, there was something about the Ghost-type that seemed sinister to her.

Before Akinai could respond, Eric replied to the Ranger's question first. "I'm fairly certain I speak for the both of us when I say no thanks. These things are both pretty common, so let's try to escape. If we manage to fail I'll just use one of my Pokedolls so that the two of us can get away," he said, reaching into his pack for a Pokedoll.

“Agreed, think I'm done fighting Ghost-types for now, though if we run into another Gastly I don't mind waiting while Eric battles it,” Akinai said. “Let's just try to pass past these guys.”

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Saundra took a pause from the battle to study up on her foe a bit. She didn't pull out a Pokedex to specifically study up on this thing, but rather tried to understand it by looking at it, and how it was acting. Namely this was no doubt done to try to figure out how much health it currently had, so that she wouldn't do anything too crazy, and potentially knock it out. At the same time though it would also be handy to know what its health was, so that she could figure out how much damage she would need to do before she could attempt a capture. After a few moments she appeared as though she had some sort of understanding as to what she should do.

“Kilia, let’s take a more direct approach, get in there with a Quick Attack and then show give a little love nip,” Saundra commanded. Love nip? I thought to myself. Seemed a little weird to me, but hey I wasn't here to judge; just to ranger. Of course "love nip" could have very easily meant something like another attack. I mean in another run I had been doing they commanded their Crobat to use "Teddy Bear" which was their codename for Air Slash...codenames were a very unusual thing indeed, but they were a good way of surprising your opponent if they knew an attack based on its name. Though this may have been a bit less of a subtle one, since something like "love nip" would more or less mean a biting type move, such as one of the Fang attacks, Crunch, or simply Bite. I figured the last of the three was what it was here, since that was the only one of the moves that Absol could learn I believe.

Absol rushed over at the Beheeyem, more or less similar to how Scizor had used Quick Attack earlier, in an attempt to gain some speed to baffle her foe. At the same time though it probably was going to also try to use Quick Attack in an attempt to deliver some damage as well. Absol got its speed, and it dashed over at Beheeyem, when it got close to it, it stuck its horn forward, and threw its head back so that it brought the Psychic-type closer to it.

Upon doing this Absol then opened its mouth wide, and stuck its teeth right into Beheeyem's head, taking a good chew out of you. That one was painful to just look at. Absol had used Bite, which was a Dark-type move, and could cause a flinch, cause if you think about it wouldn't you possibly flinch if someone, or something dug its teeth into you? You could see that Beheeyem was in a lot of pain because of this, but at the same time it also was attempting to create a counterattack just to get Absol off of its back, or rather its head.

It conjured up a small, dark purple ball of energy in front of its midsection, and threw its arms back to throw it right in Absol's face. Fortunately for the Dark-type Pokemon it saw said attack being formed, and so it had more than enough time to release the grip from its teeth, and try to avoid the attack. It did a relatively good job of getting out of the way, but its from left pay was still slightly hit by the attack. The move had ended up being Shadow Ball, a Ghost-type move that could cause the opponents Special Defense to drop. Although Absol was hit by this it didn't even need to shake the damage off due to hardly being hit, and because Ghost-type moves weren't all that effective against Dark-type Pokemon. Based on that move there I could tell Beheeyem was just getting desperate now, and so it wouldn't take much more to finish things with it.

Current Battle Stats

? M Beheeyem Par 38% Used Shadow Ball
    Quirky F Absol 82% Used Quick Attack, and Bite

CC: 16055/25000

CC since last Encounter:

Total Items:

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

NBP 5
    Ranger Joe Smith

"I'm fairly certain I speak for the both of us when I say no thanks. These things are both pretty common, so let's try to escape. If we manage to fail I'll just use one of my Pokedolls so that the two of us can get away," Eric said to Joe.

Akinai then added, “Agreed, think I'm done fighting Ghost-types for now, though if we run into another Gastly I don't mind waiting while Eric battles it. Let's just try to pass past these guys.”

Joe looked up at the advancing Pokemon. It seemed that Yamask was fixed on Akinai and Misdreavus was closing in on Eric. Joe suddenly noticed something, it seemed that both Pokemon forgot about the stone and that it was just lying on the ground. Joe whispered something into Murkrow’s ear and watched as the dark bird took off. Murkrow soared down and picked up the stone. The wild Pokemon didn’t realize this at first and continued to advance towards the trainers. Murkrow quickly handed to stone to Joe. Joe held the stone out and threw it behind them. Now the Pokemon knew what happened and quickly dashed past Eric and Akinai.

“That seemed to work,” Joe said and he led them down the cave.

As they continued to walk, Joe noticed some light escaping into the tunnel. They walked further and Joe could see what seemed like the end of the tunnel. Joe was relieved, he didn’t really enjoy caves; they always spooked him. However suddenly two Pokemon appeared in front of the cave entrance. One of them was a Solrock, a small sun-like Pokemon that floated above the ground. The other was a Chingling, a small bell-like Pokemon which could chime you to sleep. The Pokemon suddenly disappeared and then appeared a couple of metres away from them. Chingling look at Akiani, picking out its target.

Joe turned to Akinai and Eric and said, “It seems that Chingling wants to battle you Akinai,” Solrock looked at Eric and started spin around on its axis, psyching itself for a battle. “Looks like Solrock wants to battle you Eric. Do you want to battle these Pokemon?” Joe said to both of the trainers.

@Akinai; @Ebail;

-------------------------------

Ebail's Trainer Stats

Name: Eric
    Trainer Items: 2 x Park balls, 7 x Super balls, 2 x Hyper balls, Magnet Ball, 5 x Super Potion, Digital Camera, Porygon Voice Disc, Litwick Voice Disc, Ralts Voice Disc, Drillbur Voice Disc, 14 x Pokedoll, Apricorn Box: (4 x Red Apricorn, 3 x Yellow Apricorn, 2 x White Apricorn)

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Munna, Misdreavus, Solrock
    Encounters Left: 16
    Pokemon Captured: F Lax Munna

Pokemon Stats

Akinai's Trainer Stats

Name: Akinai
    Trainer Items: x1 Parkball, x3 Superball, x3 Hyperball, x2 Super Potion, x5 Pokedoll, Digital Camera, Apricorn Box, Blue Apricorn, PokePlayer, 1 Type Repellent - Ground, 1 Type Repellent - Fighting

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Gastly, Yamask, Chingling
    Encounters Left: 16
    Pokemon Captured: M Relaxed Gastly

Pokemon Stats

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

“That seemed to work,” Joe said, after he had Murkrow grab the Dusk Stone, give it to Joe and then throw it. With that we were able to get around these two creatures without needing to have me spend a Pokedoll, which was good in case I needed to use them a little later on. We ended up reaching the end of this cave finally, but before we were actually able to get out here another duo of Pokemon decided they were going to get in our way. One resembled a little bell, while the other was the splitting image of the sun. Oh how that annoyed me, since the last time I came here I encountered two of them.

“It seems that Chingling wants to battle you Akinai. Looks like Solrock wants to battle you Eric. Do you want to battle these Pokemon?” Joe said to the two of us.

"Well, I'm not really all that interested in doing battle with a Solrock myself, so I'd like it if we could escape, and I even have a Pokedoll ready just in case. Though in the chance that Akinai wishes to battle Chingling, or actually wants Solrock herself I'll battle the other thing with no intent of capturing it," I said, as I waited for Akinai to decide what she wanted to do. Whether we battled or escaped was all up to her.

As Joe's Murkrow swooped down upon the nearby Dusk Stone, Akinai was certain that a fight was about to break out upon the three Pokemon. Murkrow was one of the small handful of Pokemon that evolved by this particular stone, which would render the item useless. Surprisingly though, instead of glowing with the telltale sign that showed an incoming evolution, the Flying-type was able to pick up the object and toss it over to Joe.

It must have an Everstone hidden on its body somewhere, Akinai mused, watching Joe toss the stone off into the distance as the two wild Pokemon took off in hot pursuit. Either way, at least they didn't have to battle or waste a Doll running. As the Yamask and Misdreavus went out of sight, they continued on.

After a short walk, the cave exit was within sight. Before anyone could pass by though, two more Pokemon appeared and blocked their path. One was in the form of a sun and hovered over to Eric, while the second was shaped like a bell and went over to Akinai instead.

“It seems that Chingling wants to battle you Akinai. Looks like Solrock wants to battle you Eric. Do you want to battle these Pokemon?” Joe asked the two Trainers.

“I'm not really interested in a Solrock, and I already own a Chimecho, so no thanks,” Akinai said, hearing Eric respond almost simultaneously. “Since it seems like Eric is not interested either, let's see what else is ahead.”

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

I probably shouldn’t have, but I couldn’t help it. I snorted out a laugh at the sight of Kilia biting on Beheeyem’s head, not at all surprised that she had done exactly what I thought she would do when using Bite. She clamped on to Beheeyem’s head like a large furry vice, but she didn’t hang around for long.

Beheeyem, in desperation to get Kilia off his head, prepared a hasty Shadow Ball attack. Now, Kilia is a Dark-type Pokemon and therefore resistant to Ghost attacks, but even she would be smarting if she took that directly to the face. She wisely released Beheeyem and pushed herself away from him, flipping in midair as Beheeyem launched his attack. Her flip let her evade most of the Shadow Ball, but it managed to catch her in the side as she completed her flip and landed.

“Sol,” the Pokemon snorted, tossing her head and not looking at all phased by the minor blow she’d taking, She pranced back and forth for a moment, clearly baiting her opponent by showing just how ineffective his attack had been. She then came to a halt, sitting down and beginning to lick one of her paws, cleaning for a few moments. This might look like further goading to anyone else, as if Kilia were saying she was so unconcerned with the battle that she didn’t need to focus on it all the way. In truth the Absol genuinely thought now would be a good time for a bath. I smiled a little; her bizarre personality had made me take her to numerous specialists over the years to see what was wrong with her, but psychologically, she was perfectly healthy. No mental illness or disease was present, nothing to attribute her strange methods to other than that simply being how she was.

As Kilia took a moment to tidy up, I focused on Beheeyem again. I knew a lot of people used the Park to fill up pages in their PokeDexes, getting basic information from their foe in the process. I knew enough about Beheeyem to not need a PokeDex entry on the species; what I lacked couldn’t be gained from using a PokeDex. I’d never owned a Beheeyem before, never even been around one. I had no idea what they did or how they acted when they were angry, or sad, or scared, or the signs they showed when they were getting tired. What I might know as exhaustion in another Pokemon might be signs of a powerful move being prepared for this Pokemon.

Despite all that, Beheeyem still appeared to have a fair chunk of HP left. I decided that we could go in for a stronger move to help wear Beheeyem down faster. After all, I wasn’t entirely sure what they were capable of, and if the battle went on too long I might find out the hard way.

“Kilia!” I called, and instantly she was up, ready to continue as if the momentary respite hadn’t occurred. “Let’s use a Night Slash!” Kilia didn’t bother questioning the sudden change in tactic; she always flowed with the battle, regardless of how much it changed during its course. She pulled herself to her full height, standing stiff and taut as she tilted her head back. An inky black energy started to gather around her horn, coating it and seeming to draw in light instead of reflecting it. When her horn was black as a moonless night, Kilia soundlessly charged forward and lunged at Beheeyem, her head snapping down as she swung her horn at the Psychic Pokemon.

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: Sorry I didn't get this up earlier like I wanted. I was pretty tired all day. I blame the weather since it rained for the whole day.

IC: The look in Saundra's eyes had suddenly changed. It looked as though she went from caring about battling here, to instead feeling like whatever, and just wanting to continue along her way. I don't know why she started a battle with Beheeyem with the intent of capturing it, and then suddenly change her mind to the point where she was no longer interested. The reasonable answer was that she was probably cheap, and didn't want to use a Super Ball, but hey, if she wanted to move on that was perfectly fine, no matter what the reason was. Course the matter at hand though was still finishing things up here.

“Let’s use a Night Slash!” Saundra commanded her Absol. This was proof that she wanted to end things here. She was no doubt hoping to knock this thing out so that she could keep getting along her way. This was certainly a good way of trying to do so, since it had a decent chance of getting a critical hit, and along with Super Luck it was like a one in four chance essentially. It was different to say the least, since I had never taken anyone through the park who has knocked out a Pokemon before.

Absol nodded, and didn't seem to question Saundra's tactic change. I guess she figured that she must have had a good reason for changing her battle strategy all of a sudden. Absol's right claw began to glow a shade of black, or perhaps just a very dark purple, and it raced over at, and slashed Beheeyem. Due to it being rather weak now, as well as paralyzed it had no hope of managing to get away from the Dark-types vicious attack. I didn't have a clue if a critical hit happened or not, but Saundra did manage to get what she wanted.

"Ouch, that one has to hurt," I said as I looked at the Beheeyem who was just knocked out. I know a knocked out Pokemon couldn't be caught, but I also couldn't just leave the poor thing sitting there, so I figured it would be best to move it behind a tree where it could rest until it was feeling fit again. I did just that, and turned my attention back to Saundra. "Well, that was certainly interesting to say the least, shall we move o..." I was saying before I was cut off by another Pokemon coming out of hiding before us.

This one was a much more unusual looking Pokemon compared to the one before it. It was, well, to be honest I had no idea what it looked like besides a freak. It looked as though it had half opened eyes, and I guess a trunk above its mouth. Its upper half was yellow, while its lower half was brown. Its arms were short, each sporting only three fingers, and its legs were stubby. Still though, I just couldn't get around how much this thing freaked me out.

"Any desire to go for a Drowzee?"

Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem, Drowzee
    Encounters Left: 9
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Drowzee

Total Items:

Pokemon: Absol 82%

@Dog of Hellsing;

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

In all honesty, I was surprised when Beheeyem went down for the count. Yes, Kilia was using a powerful Dark attack, but I hadn’t known Beheeyem had been that close to fainting. I sighed a little as Ryan moved the Pokemon behind a tree, where it would be safe while it recovered. He then came back and started to comment before a Drowzee appeared.

“As much as I like Hypno,” I said in response to Ryan’s question, “I’m honestly not very interested in catching a Drowzee at the moment.” I was getting ready to reply further when my phone suddenly started to vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket to see I had received a text; apparently, a friend of mine had dropped off a Pokemon for me at one of the local Daycares. I nearly laughed at the coincidence of what it was; a Beheeyem, of all things. There wasn’t much info other than the original Trainer wasn’t able to spend as much time with the Pokemon as she thought it deserved, so was finding it a new home with a more active Trainer.

“Ah, about Drowzee,” I said a moment later, putting my phone away. “Let’s see if it’ll let us pass by. If not I have a PokeDoll we can distract it with.”

@Ebail;

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

“As much as I like Hypno, I’m honestly not very interested in catching a Drowzee at the moment,” Saundra started to say, before she pulled out her phone. I was assuming that she had received a text, rather than a call, since it only went off once, and she appeared to be reading. Once she was done, and started to put her phone away she turned back and said, "ah, about Drowzee, let’s see if it’ll let us pass by. If not I have a PokeDoll we can distract it with.” I know as a ranger we were suppose to be unbias towards any Pokemon, but hey between you and me I was personally glad she was passing on this, so we could get away from it.

I was going to try to lead her around it, but I think Drowzee actually lost whatever interest it had, if it even had any to begin with, in a battle while Saundra was checking out her phone, since it actually started to walk away from us, before we could walk away from it. "Hey, we're suppose to be the ones to get away from you, not the other way around," I said, as it was pretty much gone. It was kind of funny that things ended up that way, but it was gone now, and so we continued along our way once more.

We walked on the grassy plains for about another ten minutes without anything showing its face around us. I wasn't particularly too surprised, since they probably felt Mewtwo had been around, and well once you felt that energy, would you willingly want to go to where you sensed it? Of course this didn't end up holding true forever though, since I had noticed a little creature floating on top of a branch in a tree.

At first glance I could definitely tell it was at least part Bug-type, but based on how its shell looked, since it looked like an insects shed exoskeleton. Once I had that idea in my head I was instantly able to figure out just what this creature was. It's body was completely hollow, and brown in color. This was actually the most unique Pokemon ever to be known. Not because it was powerful, or well even that useful, but because of how it came to be. You see it started as a regular Nincada, but when it would evolve into a Ninjask, it would break out of this shell, and leave this creature behind, being a very weak and frail thing.

"What about a Shedinja? You could troll with it by using Final Gambit."

Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts, Absol, Mewtwo, Beheeyem, Drowzee, Shedinja
    Encounters Left: 8
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Shedinja

Total Items:

Pokemon: Absol 82%

@Dog of Hellsing;

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast