Main RP: Meteor Valley - Page 3

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: Meteor Valley

In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...

Default Re: Main RP: Meteor Valley

*OOC* I'm so sorry! I have had a serious case of writer's block, plus RL has been very hectic.*

Zeferin had been worried for a moment. After Charon's little antics with its Mean Look, the Cleffa had had enough time to summon a Magical Leaf, and a strong one at that. Zeferin knew that they were lucky that Cleffa had tried to show off its attack, or else he knew that Charon would have had a skull full of those nasty, little leaves.

With Cleffa confused and its attack avoided, at the expensive of an innocent rock, Zeferin started to feel more in control of the situation. He felt an air of power about himself. He felt as if a weight had been lifted off of him. In fact, he felt a whole lot lighter than before. Looking over at Charon, he saw that Charon himself was about a foot higher off the ground than he was a second ago. Suddenly, Zeferin realized that he was actually lighter than before, no longer having to use the rocks around him for support.

"Charon!" Zeferin shouted out over the distance, "Cleffa's hold overngravity is weakening. Keep Cleffa distracted and it will lose its control over the force!"

Zeferin had to think now, and think fast. "What moves to use?...Cleffa is a normal...Ghost attacks are practically useless against normals...that leaves us with only those moves..." After taking a quick second to plan his strategy, Zeferin's face became calm, his blood red eye's became sharp and focused, and his breathing, rhythmical.

"Charon," Zeferin said with a voice of ice, yet full of command, "Disorient Cleffa with a Will-O-Wisp. Surround it with the flames so that all Cleffa sees is the bright flames. Then, once those flames have surrounded Cleffa, prepare a Future Sight."

Hearing Zeferin's change in voice, Charon knew that play time was over: it was time to act like the specter he was. Just as Zeferin said, Charon summoned a dozen eerie, sickly blue, floating flames all around him, and willed them over at Cleffa. As they surrounded the dazed pokemon, they whipped around in all directions, creating a ghastly oven that threatened to cook everything within its range. As soon as the unworldly oven was finished, Charon then closed his eye, letting his body go slightly limp. Then, suddenly, his eye opened wide with a mystical, blueish glow, his whole body stiffened, and a force pulsated out of his body, seemingly dissipating into thin air. The only difference now was that there was a small charge in the air, as if the air itself was full of static.

BP

Haunter simply stood there floating while Dante gave all the explanation. Meanwhile, the fire that Solrock shot upwards turned into a twister that surrounded the Psychic Pokemon, however, the Fire Spin was gone by the time Dante was done talking.

When the fire cleared, Solrock spun around a bit and suddenly came to its senses. It noticed Haunter coming its way and immediately used its psychic abilities. Haunter was suddenly stopped on the spot, right in front of Solrock. That was Haunter's chance. He quickly stared into Solrock's eyes and almost immediately, Solrock fell asleep. However, Haunter was still caught in Solrock's psychic attack.

Ranger Eli looked up curiously and said, "hmm...it must be using Sleep Talk."

Haunter struggled to get out of Solrock's mental grip and managed to launch a single Shadow Punch directly at Solrock. It hit at full power and caused Solrock to release Haunter. Still, even though he was now free, it was going to be even harder to tell what Solrock would do next.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Trainer's stats:

Trainer: Dante

Area Effects: None

Encounters Remaining: 10

Pokemon Stats:
    ---Brave Haunter(M/Levitate) 50% [???]

Total Items: Parkballs x 3, Hyperballs x2, Super Potion x4, Squirtbottle x1

Total Captured Pokemon: N/A

Current Wild Pokemon: ??? Solrock (GL/Levitate)37.4% [Asleep]

Other Wild Pokemon: Brave Unown (GL/Levitate), Calm Chingling (?/Levitate), Rash Unown (GL/Levitate), Bashful Wynaut (?/Shadow Tag)

Bam

OOC: Since Sleep Talk is a TM move, does Solrock automatically learn it if I catch it, since it used it in the RP? (I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong)

"Heh, I knew you could pull it off," Dante told Haunter.

Haunter grinned at this praise.

Dante whispered to Haunter, "Okay, the Solrock is asleep now. Dash around to its backside, fast and quiet. Hit it with another Shadow Punch. Be careful not to hit it so hard that it wakes up, but enough to do plenty of damage. Come on Haunter, I'm counting on you."

BP

After Haunter had listened to the instructions, he neared Solrock and was about to perform a Shadow Punch when suddenly, Solrock dived towards the ground and made a small whole. It began moving forward under a bit of earth for a few seconds and then popped back out with a bit of distance from Haunter. However, something was different. Solrock's body looked smooth.

Solrock turned around to face Haunter, but it just stood there and nothing else happened.

Trainer's stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Current Wild Pokemon: ??? Solrock (GL/Levitate)37.4% [Asleep, speed increased]

Other Wild Pokemon: Brave Unown (GL/Levitate), Calm Chingling (?/Levitate), Rash Unown (GL/Levitate), Bashful Wynaut (?/Shadow Tag)

OOC: OH...umm...No, Park Mons can use added moves from time to time, but they don't keep them if captured.
    Last edited by Eraizaa-kun; 3rd May 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: I’m sorry I’ve taken so long to reply and that his is, basically, a crappy post, but I’m running low on motivation at the moment, not to mention I have to go soon @__@.

=====

IC: Ranger Sara

BP

Charon’s use of Will-o-Wisp to further confuse and disorient Cleffa proved successful. The little pink fairy gave a cry, swinging its arms around willy-nilly as it tried to find its target. The heat from the surrounding balls of fire made it even harder for Cleffa to focus; so caught up in all of it, the Pokemon tried to fire another Magical Leaf attack, only to end up smacking itself in the face with both hands thanks to its flailing.

Cleffa squealed loudly, staggering about and rubbing its face. As its control over the Gravity move failed, the pressure on the area lifted even more, almost returning to normal. At the same time, I noticed a sort of ominous sparkly in the air. There were dark glimmers that seemed to be gathering around Cleffa, hanging in the air and almost becoming invisible. I had to turn my head and squint my eyes just the right amount to see the light, but even as I watched it started growing stronger and easier to see.

Eventually, the Will-o-Wisp wall faded away, leaving a scorched area and a very disgruntled Cleffa in its wake. Blinking rapidly, Cleffa whirled about until it spotted Charon hanging limply in the air. Seeing what it thought was weakness, Cleffa shook its head before focusing on the Ghost, smiling in an impish manner.

“Cle-FA!” the pink Pokemon cried, thrusting both arms into the air and twitching them to the left. Instantly, a white glow exploded from the Pokemon’s hands, gathering energy for whatever attack the Metronome was about to generate. For a moment I was worried the little fairy would use something like Explode, but instead Cleffa closed its eyes after a second and seemed to relax a bit. Its breathing became deep and even, almost as if it had fallen asleep.

Then its eyes opened, and there was a clarity in them that hadn’t been there before. It seemed Cleffa’s Metronome had generated a Focus Energy, which apparently was enough to snap it out of its confusion. Now fully concentrating on Charon, the Pokemon clapped its hands together and smiled even more wickedly, clearly preparing something unpleasant for its opponent.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Impish Male Duskull 100%
    ? ? Cleffa: 89.90% (Focus Energy)

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Zeferin Muert

Area Effects:
    -13 Encounters Remaining
    -Gravity is increased thanks to Cleffa’s Gravity move

Pokemon Stats:
    Impish Male Duskull (No EMs) <Levitate Ability>
    100% <Currently out of Ball>

Total Items:
    2x ParkBall; 1x SuperBall; 2x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion

Total Encountered Pokemon:
    Poochyena (First encounter)
    Cleffa (Second encounter)

Total Captured Pokemon:
    n/a
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 12th May 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Bam

OOC: Sorry for the late post...been occupied the couple of days, and the rest of my free time went to my story.

Dante grunted as he watched Haunter not do anything. "Come on, go hit it with a Shadow Punch! Go in real fast, and make sure that it doesn't get to attack you first!" Dante yelled at Haunter.

"It's a damned Solrock! You can take this thing out!" Dante tried to encourage Haunter.

BP

Haunter was feeling Dante's frustration and it didn't feel too good. On top of that, he felt his own frustration because he was trying his best after all. He just couldn't work as fast as he wanted to. This time, as soon as he heard "Shadow Punch", Haunter rushed in for the attack, leaving Dante behind with whatever else he had to say. He aimed directly as Solrock and landed a punch directly on its center.

Solrock was sent flying against one of the nearby boulders which immediately shattered. Right there, Solrock fell into an even deeper sleep and stopped moving. At that moment, an Abra appeared on the scene right next to Solrock and teleported it away.

Ranger Eli remain silent and just looked towards the pond. He took a few steps and finally said, "Well, let's keep walking."

Trainer's stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Current Wild Pokemon: N/A

Other Wild Pokemon: Brave Unown (GL/Levitate), Calm Chingling (?/Levitate), Rash Unown (GL/Levitate), Bashful Wynaut (?/Shadow Tag), Impish Solrock (GL/Levitate)

“Cle-FA!” squeaked the small, yet fierce foe the stood across from Charon. With its small war cry, Cleffa raised its delicate little hands, and shook them side to side and a rhythmic, almost trance like manner. As the methodical movement increased in its tempo, the tips of Cleffa's miniture finger began to glow a burning white.

Then, all stopped. Cleffa dropped its hands, and relaxed its whole body. Its breathing slowed to almost nothingness as it closed its eye, giving to a serene, slumber-like appearance. And then, with a quick flick of its eye lids, Cleffa looked out over the battle field at Charon with a new crispness in its vision, as if it was one with its surroundings and new what would happen next: the defeat of this ghost in front of it.

Zeferin wouldn't let this happen. If Cleffa had snapped out of its confusion and was now more focused then before, this battle could turn sour, and fast. "Charon, don't underestimate your opponent. One false move, and we will be sent packing."

Zeferin needed a plan. His problem: he didn't have one. The Future Sight was still building up around Cleffa, but it wasn't ready yet. Charon need a bit more time to get it fully charged and focused. "How do you catch a foe off guard if it can clearly see everything arou..." and then Zeferin had it.

"Charon, play Red Light with Cleffa, now!" Zeferin's cryptic message seemed to make no sense, well, no sense to all those that weren't Charon, that is. Charon knew exactly what Zeferin meant, for he had seen the future and knew the outcome of what was to happen. In less then a blink of an eye, Charon fazed out of sight, and fazed back in behind Cleffa. Before Cleffa could even turn around, Charon trapped it in a Disable attack.

The air was now cracking with the force of the Future Sight. Zeferin could see that Charon was struggling to keep both the Disable and the Future Sight held at once, so, before either one were lost and thus making all their hard work wasted, Zeferin called out over the crackling air, "Now Charon, release the power of the future upon Cleffa!"

Bam

OOC: I just noticed the [???] next to Haunter's health...that's a status effect I don't know about yet, right?

As Dante watched Haunter smash the Solrock, and then it be teleported away by an Abra, he cringed.
    He walked up to Haunter and asked, "What happened, man? Are you pissed for some reason?"
    "Haun-haun-ter-ha-haun-ter," Haunter responded, saying that it had tried its best.
    "Well, I hope your next best is better, because that was shameful," Dante scolded Haunter.
    Haunter silently floated along, dejected.

"Okay, Eli...the lake doesn't seem too far away. Let's just head there," Dante told the Ranger.
    Adding on to his previous statement, Dante said, "I don't want to battle any more damned rocks."

NBP

Ranger Eli nodded as the group began walking towards the lake that was very nearby. He then looked to the side at Haunter who still had some dark aura around him. Suddenly, the aura vanished. Ranger Eli smiled as he finally realized what that was. He thought to himself, I can only think of one move a Solrock would use that causes that. But, he remained quiet about it.

Immediately after that, they finally made it to the Lake. There were several Pokemon there of different kinds, all of them planting small trees on patches around the Lake. Apparently they were waiting for something or someone. As soon as they noticed the humans coming, the Pokemon quickly ran away to hide.

Haunter noticed a berry in one of the trees and reached for it, but then something surprising happened. The dark aura around Haunter spread towards the berry. The berry suddenly shot itself away and into the Lake.

"I knew it. That was Embargo that Solrock used earlier. It's been some time now, so it should wear any second now," said Ranger Eli.

He then looked at the patches and added, "Hmm...these look fertile. If you have a Squirtbottle you can use it here."

Trainer's stats:

Area Effects: Berry Patches

Pokemon Stats:
    ---Brave Haunter(M/Levitate) 50% [Embargo]

Current Wild Pokemon: N/A

Other Wild Pokemon: Brave Unown (GL/Levitate), Calm Chingling (?/Levitate), Rash Unown (GL/Levitate), Bashful Wynaut (?/Shadow Tag), Impish Solrock (GL/Levitate)

Bam

OOC: After the break, it is assumed that Embargo is worn off (since Eli said it would go away in seconds). If that's not what you intended, let me know and I'll edit it. (Just don't make an RP response if that isn't what you intended, thanks.)

"Well, from my limited understanding of Embargo, Haunter can't do jack shit until it wears off. I don't like traveling around where I could be attacked if my only weapon or Pokémon is gimped. So...let's just wait until it wears off," Dante explained his train of thought. He stood around, waiting for that dark aura to fade.

"Hm...a berry patch? I guess I'll water it, but what's the point..." Dante said to himself. He then took out his Squirtbottle and emptied all the water inside of it onto the patch, not through the side intended for use, but through the hole used to fill the Squirtbottle.

"That was dumb. As I said before, no good deed goes unpunished," he said as he shook his head.

NBP

At that moment, a few berries grew from the tree [Note: you have to choose which one(s)].

Ranger Eli rolled his eyes and looked away saying, "By the way, as a punishment, you get to keep those berries."

Haunter was happy about seeing more berries. Hoping that the Embargo had ended, he tried to grab yet another berry, but once again the berry was shot into the lake. Suddenly, from within the water, a Pokemon rushed out and grabbed the berry in midair. Not only was it an impressive catch, but a Pokemon of that size and power managed to not ruin the berry in the process. It was a Metang. It just stood floating there, happily eating the berry.

Ranger Eli just stood there puzzled and said, "A Metang...in the water...that's new..."

Haunter looked at Dante, awaiting instructions as the dark aura finally vanished.

Trainer's stats:

Area Effects: Nearby Lake

Encounters Remaining: 9

Pokemon Stats:
    ---Brave Haunter(M/Levitate) 50%

Total Items: Parkballs x 3, Hyperballs x2, Super Potion x4, Squirtbottle x1(used)

Current Wild Pokemon: ??? Metang (GL/Levitate)

OOC: btw, the berry that fell in the water was like, a spare. You still get the correct amount of berries from the tree.

Blog Entries

Ranger Sara

BP

Cleffa was ensnared by wisps of light that left it momentarily dazed, unable to make use of its Metronome attack again. It didn’t let that stop it, though, and as it spun to face Charon, it bent its stubby legs and jumped, lowering its head. Unfortunately, the random, impromptu Headbutt had no effect, and Cleffa passed right through Charon. It squeaked in alarm as it fell, twisting its body and landing on its belly in a shorter patch of grass.

At that moment, Charon’s Future Sight activated. The haze of light had unerringly followed Cleffa through its failed attempt at attacking Charon, never letting the little fairy get away from it. Now the light pulsed once, strongly, and turned to a deep sort of red-purple hue. The crackling light released the energy it had been absorbing, and it arched through the air in thin, whipping tendrils. In the grass, Cleffa squealed as the Future Sight struck it, and seconds later the fairy came fleeing back into view. The Future Sight didn’t follow it this time, remaining where it was to expend the rest of its gathered energy.

Cleffa narrowed its eyes at Charon, a few faint red welts rising on its skin where the Future Sight had hit. With a visible effort, the little Pokemon twisted its face into a grin (though it looked more like a grimace) and started to clap its tiny hands. A second passed and Cleffa began to get into its Encore move, clapping harder and giving little sounds of false amazement.

“Cleffa’s trying to flatter Charon,” I told Zeferin. “It wants to make him keep using Future Sight. It must have some sort of plan, because I know it didn’t like getting hit like that. You guys should be extra careful now. Cleffa are small, but they’re notoriously mischievous.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Impish Male Duskull 100%
    ? ? Cleffa: 69.39% (Focus Energy) <Using Encore>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Zeferin Muert

Area Effects:
    -13 Encounters Remaining
    -Gravity is increased thanks to Cleffa’s Gravity move

Pokemon Stats:
    Impish Male Duskull (No EMs) <Levitate Ability>
    100% <Currently out of Ball>

Total Items:
    2x ParkBall; 1x SuperBall; 2x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion

Total Encountered Pokemon:
    Poochyena (First encounter)
    Cleffa (Second encounter)

Total Captured Pokemon:
    n/a
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 15th May 2010 at 03:09 PM.

Bam

OOC: Dog of Hellsing has given me the go-ahead for getting 2 $500 berries from 3 sprinkles instead of 2. Thanks DoH :D

Also, sorry about the late post, been hectic lately

Dante watched the tree grow a little, and then grabbed two Lum Berries which had become fully ripe. He then threw them into one of his many coat pockets.

After hearing Eli's remark, Dante said, "That's not what I meant..." before continuing, "Here's an example of what I meant. There's an old lady crossing the street. A truck is coming, and she can't make it to either side of the road in time to avoid being hit. You're biking down the road, and see her plight. You could keep going and ignore her, or dismount your bike and save her life. Well, if you ignore her, she dies. And if you get off of your bike to help her to the other side, some asshole comes along and steals your bike. It's a loss-loss situation. In this predicament, you would be punished for doing a good deed."

After seeing the Metang, Dante remarked, "Hm. Very skilled. Nice."

He thought for a second before giving Haunter his orders. "Okay Haunter, let's see if you can do better this time. I know you can. Now, you see that tree over there?" Dante asked as he pointed to a tree about six yards away from the Metang, and about five yards away from them. "I want you to run to that tree. While you're running there, fire off a Hypnosis at the Metang. Go!"

Haunter sped off towards the tree. He used Hypnosis when he was the closest to the Metang, which was right after he began running.

"Let's go man, you can do it this time! Run in for a Sucker Punch!" Dante commanded Haunter. "Weave around to confuse it, too!"
    Last edited by Bam; 14th May 2010 at 02:46 PM.

*OOC: O.o...that is the hardiest Cleffa I have ever seen. All these attaks and only 69%?! Oh, and didn't Will-O-Wisp cause a burn or not? I mean it to...*

“It wants to make him keep using Future Sight. It must have some sort of plan, because I know it didn’t like getting hit like that. You guys should be extra careful now. Cleffa are small, but they’re notoriously mischievous.”

Hearing his ranger, Zeferin turned to her and said, "So he wants an encore? I'm feel bad, but I can't let that happen." Turning to Charon, Zeferin pondered quickly over the situation.

He knew all about encore. Zeferin had studied up on what moves can and can't effect a ghost pokemon, and he remembered encore very well: One of the few normal attacks that could effect his impish little friend. Drawling upon everything he could siphon from his memory, Zeferin yelled, "Charon, are you just going to stand there and let that little Cleffa have all the fun? It doesn't seem like anything you've done has really got to him. Are you losing you're touch against a pink puff?"

Zeferin had hoped to enrage his Pokemon, and had done a fairly good job at it. The red in Duskull's eye was boiling. Every fiber of him wanted to flatter the Cleffa with another performance of a Future Sight, even though it took so much out of him, but his trainer's last comment became a seed in the back of his mind that spouted and began to root like a weed, slowing consuming his want to flatter Cleffa and replaced it with a desire to show Zeferin just who was the better of the two Pokemon.

Seeing the determination in Charon's eye, Zeferin said, "Good, now, show that Cleffa what he can't just come and try and pull is own pranks against the master. Shadow Sneak around him and hit him with a hard payback."

Trying to shake off the effects of the encore the best he could, Charon relaxed and let his shadow flow out and into the shadows all around which, thanks to the rising sun, were long and plentiful. He jumped his presence from the rocks that the Cleffa had came from, to a bush nearby, to the shadow of the limps of the trees. As he snaked around the interweaving branches, Charon finally reached Cleffa's own Shadow. Extending his own hands out, his shadow mimicked him, and grabbed a few pebbles around Cleffa. With a swift moment, pelted the Cleffa and, with just a hair length of time to act, Throw that hardest Payback he could at the pink Puff that thought that it could outdo Charon, King of Pranks.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast