Main RP: Meteor Valley - Page 27

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Saundra Blake

I grinned when the Super Ball fell still, and Flutter seemed equally pleased. She flew over to me and circled my head, chittering excitedly before finally landing on my shoulder. Ironbeak, who’d been silent as not to distract the Venomoth during the battle, gave a piercing cry of congratulations. I could feel Flutter’s joyful shivering through my shirt and chuckled at her happiness.

“Now that was a good battle if I’ve ever seen one,” I praised, patting the Pokemon’s head. She made a strange noise that sounded like a hiccupping sort of hiss, which I knew was a sound of deep contentment for her. She nestled into my neck after a moment, resting now that the battle was over. Even though she hadn’t taken any damage, she’d still put a lot of effort into the short battle, if it could even be called so since Ralts hadn’t really had a chance to do anything.

After Kiryu had the Super Ball sent back to the Outpost, he congratulated me on the capture and asked if we should move on. I nodded once, glancing over at Ironbeak.

“You probably don’t wanna go back in your Ball yet, d’ya?” I asked with a smile. The large raptor shook his head and took wing with a powerful leap into the air, screeching as he quickly gained height. Soon he was just a large shape circling above us. I snorted softly and shook my head, then faced Kiryu. “Well, we’re ready to move on when you are.”

@MaverickKaiser

Blog Entries

Ranger: Trainer Sara
    Trainer: Siless
    NBP #18

Siless released his Mismagius and ordered her to use a Thunder Wave, using it as a warning shot and trying to chase of Banette. Missy seemed happy to oblige; I could sense her dislike (that’s putting it mildly) for the other Ghost. She fired off a weak, barely visible pulse of yellow electricity at the other Pokemon; when it was about a foot from Banette, it popped loudly before dissipating. It seemed enough of a surprise to give Banette second thoughts, and with a baleful expression it quickly took its leave.

Once Banette had left, Siless played his Solosis Disc again. We waited a few moments, but it seemed as if there were still no Solosis near enough to hear the PokePlayer. I shrugged at no one in particular and looked at Siless.

“Do you want to go farther in the cave and try again, or do you wanna head back outside?”

===

TRAINER INFORMATION:

*Name: Siless
    *Trainer Items: 2x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 3x Hyper Ball, 3x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 2x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 3x Pokédolls, 1x Gothita Voice Disk [0 Uses Left], 1x Solosis Voice Disk [1 Uses Left], Latios Picture, Dusknoir Picture

*Area Effects: 5 Encounters Left | Midday | Fair weather | Inside cave, cool and dim
    *Pokemon Encountered: Latios ; Zorua ; Sigilyph ; Hydreigon ; Baltoy ; Dusknoir ; Yamask ; Cleffa ; Clefable ; Banette
    *Pokemon Captured: Adamant Male Zorua ; Careful Genderless Baltoy

*MCR Count: 0
    *Pokemon Stats:
    -Mild Female Gardevoir @ Trace w/ EMs Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, and Will-o-Wisp | Out of Ball | 74.22%

-Sassy Female Mismagius @ Levitate w/ EMs Flash, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Protect | In Ball | 100%

@Siless

@Dog of Hellsing

Missy was satisfied that the opposing Ghost-type decided to leave its presences, and it returned to its ball with a smile, awaiting whatever battle would come up next.

The Poképlayer once again played the bubbly cry, but no Solosis came. Sara inquired as to whether we wanted to push further in or start heading out.

"Let's start working our way out. It'd be nice to enjoy some natural light once more." Caves were stuffy, and often very claustrophobic, making battles for those that didn't frequent them difficult. Most of my team's battles, however, were in open fields and forests. While we could fight in caves, as Sela demonstrated against Baltoy, it wasn't something I really wanted to make a habit of.

OOC: Gastly is Male, please.

Joe nodded to the two Trainers, then began to whistle at the two Woobat. The sound, oddly enough, was a strange mimicry of birdcalls. Unsurprisingly, the Woobat ignored the sound and went about their way regardless. After a short embarrassing pause, the group continued further into the cave.

“Wonder what that was about,” Akinai muttered to Jade, earning a dismissive shrug from the Flygon in return. The important thing was that the twin Pokemon had gone about their way instead of picking a fight with them; was it really important to know the reason why?

As they continued onwards, a faint sound could be heard up ahead, reverberating off the stone walls and distorting the noise. While it started out somewhat eerie, as they approached closer the sound started to become more comical, as if the speaker was stuck between trying to appear humorous and foreboding and failing terribly at both.

Finally, two more Pokemon were within sight. The first was the wispy form of a Ghost Pokemon, who was the source of the noise. It bobbed about its partner, giving a fanged smile the entire time. The second one was more familiar to Akinai, but only because she had seen one during her last visit here. This Pokemon floated as well, but was completely solid and was colored a bright shade of pink sporting a purple floral pattern. Unlike the Ghost-type, this one seemed more bored than anything else.

As the two Trainers walked closer, both Gastly and Munna ceased their antics to look at the humans. The Pokemon appeared to converse with one another and, with a shared determined nod, they split off and approached them; Gastly floating over to Akinai, and Munna appearing more interested in the Litwick still clinging to Eric.

"Would you like to battle these Pokemon?" Joe asked the two Trainers.

Akinai was silently thankful that Munna had opted to fight Eric instead, and the male Trainer appeared to have no qualms about it as well. While she had traded off the Munna she had caught the last time she was here, she had no desire to raise one. There was still an Alakazam and Beheeyem on her team that were relatively untrained, no point to capture another Psychic-type unless it was extraordinarily rare.

Gastly, on the other hand, were decent battlers. While she may have refused to battle one in the past when her aversion to Ghost Pokemon was much worse, raising a Banette had thankfully minimized that fear to a single species. Plus, Ghosts were excellent harassers and status-inducers; perfect for future Park runs.

“Well, I'll take on this Munna since I figure you want that Gastly. Though if I'm wrong just say something Akinai, and we can keep going on. To be safe though, I'm gonna prepare for battle,” Eric said towards Akinai, who appeared to be having trouble with keeping his Litwick away from the battle.

“I'll take the Gastly then.” Akinai nodded to Eric, then tossed one of her Pokeballs forward, “Gaard, you're up!”

The Pokeball burst open, releasing the white-furred form of an Absol from the sphere. For a moment the Pokemon took his time looking about the current area, then appeared to slightly relax. There was no doubt about it, he was back home. Gaard glanced over at the nearby Munna and Gastly, then looked to his Trainer for the first command.

"You're up here Scizor," Eric said, tossing one of his own Pokeballs forward, revealing a Scizor.

“I thought you'd like to come back here,” Akinai said, happy to see that Gaard had quickly figured out where they were. Absol had a sixth sense to pinpoint where danger was after all, maybe they were able to find out their current location just as quickly. “We're doing things a little differently this time. See that Scizor next to you? You two are going to be partners this match.”

Gaard, strangely, immediately bristled upon hearing those words, giving the Scizor a baleful glare.

“What is your problem with-” Akinai began, then immediately facepalmed. “Oh, right... Bug type. Look, it's not going to ambush you, so everything should be fine, alright? Your target for this battle is that Gastly over there.”

Gaard gave a stiff nod to Akinai, but still gave Scizor an evil eye as if to say I'm watching you.

“Good to see we're all one happy family,” Akinai remarked drily. “Let's start out with a Taunt, then fire off a Thunder Wave once Gastly gets too overconfident.” Though her Absol was mainly a battler, Ghosts liked to use multiple debilitating moves before going in for the kill, so to speak. For now she would try to hinder their target, then go in with damaging attacks later.

Gaard began his move immediately, shouting out a short string of insults towards Gastly to get his attention. Once the Ghost Pokemon was riled up enough, he would then begin to build up a large amount of static electricity before firing it off towards his target.
    Last edited by Akinai; 11th April 2012 at 04:17 PM.

追放されたバカ

@Dog of Hellsing
    With her initial agreement and the cry of her Skarmory, he could see she was ready to go. The set off towards the the splitting path and the reached the forest where many Ghost and Dark types roamed. Once they made their way to the forest, the trees were littered with cuts and scratched, some where splintered and uprooted completely. Was this the result of an earlier battle? Kiryu couldn't make heads or tails of it but it wasn't good. He could see some of the Pokemon where scared and nervous as they approached. Suddenly there was a crash nearby as a tree began to fall. What was this? Soon a white furred Pokemon sauntered out like there was nothing going on. It had a huge black sickle attached to its head like a crescent moon. "Ab Absol!" it roared at us, almost as if it was warning us to leave. The Disaster Pokemon seemed like it meant business. "Would you like to face this Absol?"

Username: Dog of Hellsing
    Name: Saundra Blake
    Area Effects: None
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Ralts
    Encounters Left: 14
    Pokemon Captured: Sableye F, Ralts F
    CC since last Encounter: 1380

Current Encounter:

Total Items:

Pokemon:

Blog Entries

NBP #19

Siless opted to head back outside, and I couldn’t say I blamed him. I personally didn’t mind the caves of Meteor Valley and enjoyed exploring them, but it was a nice day out and it was always enjoyable to get out and walk around the Valley in pleasant weather. I started heading back the way we come, and we made it to the mouth of the cave in good time.

Just as we were heading outside, though, a purple shape darted past us, hovering about five or six feet away from the cave mouth. It turned out to be a Haunter, the evolved form of Gastly. It stuck its long tongue out at us as it pulled a face; whether it was trying to be scary or amusing was unclear, but I had to struggle not to laugh out of concern for insulting the Ghost. After a bit of effort to lock away the giggles I felt desperately trying to escape, I faced Siless and nodded towards the Haunter.

“How does a Haunter sound to you?”

===

TRAINER INFORMATION:

*Trainer Items: 2x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 3x Hyper Ball, 3x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 2x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 3x Pokédolls, 1x Gothita Voice Disk [0 Uses Left], 1x Solosis Voice Disk [1 Use Left], Latios Picture, Dusknoir Picture

*Area Effects: 4 Encounters Left | Midday | Fair weather | Inside cave, cool and dim
    *Pokemon Encountered: Latios ; Zorua ; Sigilyph ; Hydreigon ; Baltoy ; Dusknoir ; Yamask ; Cleffa ; Clefable ; Banette ; Haunter

*MCR Count: 710
    *Pokemon Stats:
    -Mild Female Gardevoir @ Trace w/ EMs Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, and Will-o-Wisp | Out of Ball | 74.22%

-Sassy Female Mismagius @ Levitate w/ EMs Flash, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Protect | In Ball | 100%

@Siless

Blog Entries

Saundra Blake

We continued on, eventually reaching a forested area. Flutter seemed excited, and I could understand why. Venomoth were common in areas like this; I’d captured Flutter when she was a little Venonat running around in a forest like this back in Kanto some time ago. She always grew enthusiastic around woods or forests, usually being more than happy to explore on her own. To be honest I didn’t really understand why she loved places like woods; the only thing I could think of was it reminded her of home.

However, as we grew closer to the trees, I saw deep gouges in the bark on many of them, and some were knocked down altogether. I frowned a little when I noticed the damage; there were no Ursaring here that I knew of, and definitely no Weavile. There were only a few Pokemon, those two being the main species, that marked trees for territorial purposes, but none that I could think of should be here in Meteor Valley. I didn’t have long to think about it before a resounding CRACK rang out, making both Flutter and I jump in surprise. A tree slowly started to fall then, quickly gaining speed as it toppled over. I quickly recalled Flutter, as Venomoth were sensitive to vibrations and I knew when that tree hit the ground, the sound of it would generate some intense vibrations in the air. Something like that would disorient and maybe even injure a Venomth. I then had enough time to put her PokeBall away and put my hands over my ears; not a moment afterward, the tree hit the ground with an explosive crash. I felt the ground shudder as I slowly lowered my hands, watching a flock of Murkrow and Honchkrow take flight with harsh caws.

I lowered my attention back to the forest to see a white-furred Pokemon emerging from the trees. It was walking with a cocky attitude, and upon seeing us it let out a loud, hostile-sounding bark. I’d heard that before and knew instantly the Pokemon, an Absol, was clearly telling us to take ourselves somewhere else. I stared at it for a moment, torn between catching it and leaving it be. When Kiryu asked if I’d like to battle it, I folded my arms and thought about it for a moment.

I already owned an Absol and actually had her on this visit with me, so there was no need for me to catch another for myself. However, Absol were relatively rare Pokemon, and on top of that they were quite strong. They were able to have the Super Luck Ability as well, which meant their moves had a chance to strike vulnerable spots easier and land critical hits more often. Those very traits, though, made me hesitant to engage it in battle. While this one might very well have the less threatening Pressure Ability, the possibility of Super Luck left me worried.

“Too bad I can’t use Ralts yet,” I mumbled to myself, sighing a little. Ralts learned a move called Lucky Chant, which protected the user and their teammates from critical hits for a short time. “Oh well, I’ll just have to work with what I have.” I pulled Ripper’s PokeBall out and released the Scizor, who stretched and glanced around before spotting Absol. He gave a bit of a snort as he looked back at me, as if asking if I was serious. I chuckled a little at his reaction; he’d taken down Absol in the past with two hits, sometimes one. I knew he was wondering if I’d made the right decision by calling him out.

“I know you’ve got a major advantage over Absol here,” I assured him, “but I know you can handle this. You’re the best one for fighting it; not only does your Steel typing protect you from most of its attacks, but if it has Super Luck, you’ll be better able to withstand any critical hits thanks to your high defense and tough exoskeleton. Feel up to it?” Ripper simply nodded to show he would accept the challenge of NOT knocking out an Absol, and I grinned as he faced his opponent. I, too, focused on the Absol, growing serious as I pondered our opening moves.

The Absol was lean from what I could see, and its tail had a noticeable curl to it. This marked the Absol as a female, since males had straighter tales and were bulkier to help them in fights with rival males. She seemed quite aggressive, a far cry from my own eccentric Kilia, so one of the first things would be to try and curb that hostility. It would make battling her both easier and safer, as there was a good chance she might not attack occasionally depending on her level of infatuation.

“Okay Ripper, I know it’s not your favorite move in the world, especially not for an Absol, but I want you to start with Attract. Once you’ve done that, use Iron Defense to bolster your Defenses in case she has Super Luck.” Ripper gave me another look, this one slightly annoyed; he preferred moves that would build him up personally, like Swords Dance and Iron Defense, when not attacking outright. Attract wasn’t something he liked using, and the fact that his opponent was an Absol was an added insult. I shrugged and offered an apologetic smile. “I’ll make it up to you, I promise. When we’re done I can stop by one of those specialty stores and get you some Poffins.” Ripper snorted again, though it wasn’t technically a snort since Scizor have no nostrils. He then faced the Absol and raised his wings, walking towards the other Pokemon with a slow, steady gait. The sunlight caught his wings, casting the light into little rainbows as it filtered through the clear membranes.

Ripper’s version of Attract was to appear as stately and handsome to his opponent as he could. The reason he disliked the move so much was he felt it made him look ridiculous, even though it had been extremely effective against a multitude of female Pokemon over the years. I watched as he attempted to woo Absol; with any luck, she’d be enraptured by him long enough for the Scizor to use his Iron Defense. It was important to try and get his Defense reinforced; with high enough Defense, even a critical hit would only deal damage roughly equal that of a normal blow, and Ripper could take those like nobody’s business so long as it wasn’t something like a Fire Punch or Flamethrower.

@MaverickKaiser

Blog Entries

BP 1
    Ranger Joe Smith

Joe waited for their responses, however he had a small feeling that Akinai would battle Gastly. Gastly was rarely found in these caves and normally they were found in deepest parts of the Meteor Valley. He looked to his left and noticed the Munna, accompanying the Gastly. Munna, like Gastly, were a rare species and there were not a lot own by trainers, increasing their popularity and value.

Eric spoke first and said, "Well, I'll take on this Munna since I figure you want that Gastly. Though if I'm wrong just say something Akinai, and we can keep going on. To be safe though, I'm going to prepare for the battle.” Litwick’s face suddenly lit up and started to fidget around on top of Eric’s head, wanting to battle. Joe smiled and listened as Eric said, "Heh, sorry, but this one is a little out of your league. Gardevoir, do you mind holding her for the duration of this battle? You won't be battling, so if anything is going on you can create a shield to protect her, and yourself.” He handed the small candle Pokemon to Gardevoir.

Akinai nodded in agreement and stated, “I'll take the Gastly then.” She reached down into her belt and removed a small red and white Pokeball. She threw the ball into the air and said, “Gaard, you're up!”

The ball burst open and a white furred Pokemon landed on the floor, looking around at his surroundings. Absol looked up at the two wild Pokemon and glanced back to his trainer, awaiting further instructions.

Eric took out a Pokeball and threw it in the air as well and said, "You're up here Scizor," A tall solid metal Pokemon suddenly appeared in front of Eric. Scizor stretched his limbs and rotated his neck, loosing it up for the battle to come. Joe expected that Eric would use Scizor, seeing as Munna was weak to its bug attacks.

“I thought you'd like to come back here,” Akinai said to her Absol. Joe remembered reading in her file that she had caught Absol here at Meteor Valley. Absol nodded, already realizing where it was. Akinai added, “We're doing things a little differently this time. See that Scizor next to you? You two are going to be partners this match.”

Scizor glanced over towards the Absol and both Pokemon caught each others stare. Absol glared back at Scizor, almost like it despised Scizor. “What is your problem with-” Akinai began, then immediately facepalmed. “Oh, right... Bug type. Look, it's not going to ambush you, so everything should be fine, alright? Your target for this battle is that Gastly over there.”

Absol nodded but looked over at Scizor, keeping an eye on him. Joe started to wonder whether this conflict of Pokemon may affect the overall outcome of this battle.

With both of their Pokemon out on the field, they awaited eagerly for their commands.

"Well Scizor, no need to start off too crazily. Let's just get started with a simple X-Scissor attack, all right?" Eric commanded. Akinai quickly responded by saying, “Let's start out with a Taunt, then fire off a Thunder Wave once Gastly gets too overconfident.”

Scizor started to attack first and crossed both of its pincers across his chest. Then the Light Metal Pokemon rushed towards Munna, keeping his pincers close to his chest. As Scizor was running, the large red pincers started to glow in a light green colour; which resembled the common colour of a bug attack. As soon as Scizor was within striking distance of Munna, he extended his pincers outwards; slicing into the pink skin of Munna. Munna smashed into the cave’s floor as a result of the attack. Scizor quickly jumped back in front of Eric and watched as the Munna slowly got back up into the air.

After noticing Scizors success, Absol leapt ahead towards Gastly; eager to attack. He sprinted forward and started to run circles around Gastly. It was an odd tactic however whenever Gastly tried to make an attempt to attack, Absol would take a step back. Gastly looked agitated and wanted to attack the Disaster Pokemon. Absol quickly returned to its original spot and winked at Gastly, almost telling him to come at him. Joe realized that this was the move Taunt and it meant that Gastly could only use attacks against Absol. The Gass Pokemon’s body suddenly started to glow like a light bulb. Then Gastly released all the energy created in the form of a lightning bolt. The lightning bolt connected with Absol and sent a high voltage running through Absol’s body.

Joe then fixed his eyes to Munna and noticed that he was preparing an attack of some sort. The Dream Eater Pokemon suddenly glowed white, gathering up a lot of energy. When the time was right, Munna released the energy outwards. The energy formed together into a small translucent mirror. The mirror appeared for a couple of seconds and then vanished. Joe had no idea what the attack was however he was interested to see what it did. Absol shook off the attack by Gastly and suddenly formed a small yellow orb on the tip of its sickle-shaped growth on the side of its head. The yellow orb suddenly transmitted visible yellow waves, dispersing out from the orb. The waves headed towards Munna however were stopped by the small translucent mirror, which suddenly popped up. Joe realized that Munna had used Safeguard, a move which prevents a status on itself or its team mate.

Munna looked across at Scizor and opened his mouth. There Munna started to generate some small disk-like waves, firing them off towards Scizor. The disk-like waves sped through the dark dingy air and collided into the Steel Pokemon. The move didn’t deal a lot of damage, however Joe had a feeling Munna was simply testing Scizor.

Joe looked at all four Pokemon and started to wonder what their next moves where. These wild Pokemon were not going to be pushed over.

Battle Stats

M / Brave / Scizor – 94% (Last Move Used: X-Scissor)
    M / Careful / Absol – 86% (Last Move Used: Taunt and Thunder Wave
    Team Notes: None

M / ? / Munna – 73% (Last Move Used: Safeguard and Sonicboom)
    M / ? / Gastly – 100% (Last Move Used: Thunderbolt)
    Team Notes: Taunt 1 on Gastly, Safeguard 1

Ebail MCR: 4283/9000
    Akinai MCR: 4837/9000

-------------------------------

Ebail's Trainer Stats

Name: Eric
    Trainer Items: 3 x Park balls, 7 x Super balls, 2 x Hyper balls, Magnet Ball, 5 x Super Potion, Digital Camera, Porygon Voice Disc, Litwick Voice Disc, Ralts Voice Disc, Drillbur Voice Disc, 14 x Pokedoll, Apricorn Box: (4 x Red Apricorn, 3 x Yellow Apricorn, 2 x White Apricorn)

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Munna
    Encounters Left: 19
    Pokemon Captured: None

Pokemon Stats

Akinai's Trainer Stats

Name: Akinai
    Trainer Items: x2 Parkball, x3 Superball, x3 Hyperball, x2 Super Potion, x5 Pokedoll, Digital Camera, Apricorn Box, Blue Apricorn, PokePlayer, 1 Type Repellent - Ground, 1 Type Repellent - Fighting

Pokemon Encountered: Woobat, Gastly
    Encounters Left: 19
    Pokemon Captured: None

Pokemon Stats

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

“Let's start out with a Taunt, then fire off a Thunder Wave once Gastly gets too overconfident,” Akinai had commanded. Unfortunately for her though Munna overheard this one, and created a shield for it battling partner. It ended up using Safeguard, a move that protect the both of them from any status inflicting moves for a total of five turns. So much for me using Toxic on Munna making it easier to capture now. Guess that just meant I'd need to smack it around twice as hard. Still though it didn't know what Akinai would end up doing. She managed to Taunt Gastly to prevent it from doing anything tricky, but still. Oh well, she was smart, so I'm sure she would think of something. I needed to continue to focus on Munna so that it wouldn't end up doing anything tricky itself. Still though it might be for the best now if I do something to help her out since our opponents were obviously working together somewhat.

On the other side of things though, Munna attacked Scizor with a shockwave of sound that didn't do too much, but was annoying to hear. It was Sonicboom. This gave me bad memories of my run to Mount Oktori with all those sound based attacks, and actually angered me a bit to remember it. Oh I was going make this thing pay for that one.

"All right next use a Light Screen so that Absol won't take as much damage from anything Gastly does, and then follow up with a Bug Bite," I commanded. I was, or at least attempted to be, a team player, and who knew if Akinai would need to use Absol a little later on in the run, so it didn't hurt to create a barrier for it. I mean shoot, I could leave here with four Pokemon, but I was doubtful that Litwick would battle anything I want, so I'd need to use something twice then. Plus Light Screen would also work in Scizor's benefit too, so it was a win win move. Munna, and Gastly wasn't the only duo of Pokemon here that could work together, Scizor was too. No clue about Absol though, but hey as long as Munna didn't know something like Flamethrower I probably wouldn't need a ton of help here. Though if Litwick battles later on...yeah.

First up was Light Screen. Scizor would create a pink barrier of energy, that would keep reappearing anytime either of those two Pokemon used a Special Attack. And in reappearing it would reduce the damage from said attack by half. Well, normally by half, but since Light Screen had to be expanded to be large enough to cover both Pokemon it would only reduce it by a third instead, but that was better than nothing. After that was Bug Bite. This was one of Scizor's signature attacks. It was a signature attack, because once it got a boost from the Technician ability it would become stronger than any other Bug-type move in its arsenal. It would attack by flying over, and biting right down on Munna. Normally this attack would consume any berry the foe was holding, therefore lessening the impact from the bite. But in this case I knew she wasn't holding a berry over there, so it was going to have no choice but to feel the full impact of Scizor sinking its teeth in.

I didn't know what Akinai was planning to do here, but I had to assume she'd start using damaging attacks, but if not that was fine too. I had her back if she needed help, she just needed to make sure she let me know. I mean I felt it wouldn't take much more after this to finish off Munna, and capture it, but based on what Akinai did with Gastly it could take a bit longer. Guess all I could do is wait, and see what would happen here.
    Last edited by Ebail; 11th April 2012 at 08:03 PM.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

A Haunter stood in our way once we got to the door. It stuck its tongue out at us; it seemed like such a silly Pokémon, but some Haunter tried to scare people by surprising them like that. Sara asked if I wanted this Pokémon; I did know a lot of people would like one, but I wanted to see if I could round out my run with a Psychic-type.

"I think I'll pass. I have a Gengar already." At this, I thought I saw Sela breathe a sigh of relief; perhaps one Gengar on the team was enough for her to handle. "Hopefully we can find a Solosis with this last disc use. If not, maybe we can just find something to round out the run and come back later."

@Dog of Hellsing

Blog Entries

NBP #20

Haunter pulled a face at the sound of the Solosis cry filling the area; apparently, it didn’t like Psychic types, because it went incorporeal the moment it heard the Player go off. It wasn’t too surprising; Haunter were part Poison as well as Ghost, so even though it would have a type advantage over a Solosis, the Solosis would also have a type advantage over it. Haunter were more the prankster type than the fighting type anyways, so it wasn’t a shock that it would choose to flee rather than hang around and possibly battle.

Unfortunately, there was no response to the Solosis Disc yet again. After playing it, the PokePlayer automatically ejected the Disc. I was getting ready to apologize for the bad luck Siless had had with both his Discs, but movement from inside the cave we’d just left cut me off. I looked over to see yet another Ghost Pokemon peeking outside at us; a Golett. The golem-like Pokemon didn’t seem very keen on coming outside, but something must have piqued its interest to keep it hanging around. I glanced over at Siless and asked, “What’s the verdict?”

===

TRAINER INFORMATION:

*Trainer Items: 2x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 3x Hyper Ball, 3x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 2x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 3x Pokédolls, 1x Gothita Voice Disk [0 Uses Left], 1x Solosis Voice Disk [0 Use Left], Latios Picture, Dusknoir Picture

*Area Effects: 3 Encounters Left | Midday | Fair weather | Inside cave, cool and dim
    *Pokemon Encountered: Latios ; Zorua ; Sigilyph ; Hydreigon ; Baltoy ; Dusknoir ; Yamask ; Cleffa ; Clefable ; Banette ; Haunter ; Golett

*MCR Count: 643
    *Pokemon Stats:

@Siless

@Dog of Hellsing

It seemed the final use of the Solosis disc got the attention of a Golett. I… really didn't know much about these Pokémon, and while the thought of a ghost-type did interest me, I still wanted to see if I could find a Psychic-type instead. Perhaps if I was more researched in this Pokémon, I would have more interest in it, but I could always come back later if I wanted one. All it cost was a bit of time, money, and effort.

"I think I'll pass this one up," I told Sara. The run was mostly over, but there were still a couple chances left to find something. And, if nothing else showed up, I was pretty satisfied with the couple of Pokémon I had already picked up.

Blog Entries

NBP #21

It seemed Golett was more than willing to remain Wild, as it vanished back into the cave when Siless said he would pass it up. We started off after that, heading towards one of the wooded areas where certain Psychic Pokemon made their home. We were headed down one of the paths heading toward the woods when I heard a rustling in the grass to the left and rear of us. I paused and glanced back in time to see a flash of brown. I shot a glance at Flutter, who simply took flight and flew over to where the grass had now stopped rustling. She then shook free a layer of clear scales from her upper body; these wouldn’t inflict any status on whatever was following us, but would flush it out of hiding.

It took a few moments, but eventually the itchy irritants scattered over the grass caused our stalker to hastily emerge from its hiding place. It turned out to be another Baltoy; why it was following us was a mystery, but now that it was in the open, it seemed uncertain as it slowly spun in place.

“I wonder why it was following us?” I asked no one in particular as Flutter returned to my shoulder, pleased with her success. I patted her head with a smile and shot Siless a look. “What’s your call?”

===

TRAINER INFORMATION:

*Trainer Items: 2x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 3x Hyper Ball, 3x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 2x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 3x Pokédolls, 1x Gothita Voice Disk [0 Uses Left], 1x Solosis Voice Disk [0 Use Left], Latios Picture, Dusknoir Picture

*Area Effects: 2 Encounters Left | Midday | Fair weather
    *Pokemon Encountered: Latios ; Zorua ; Sigilyph ; Hydreigon ; Baltoy ; Dusknoir ; Yamask ; Cleffa ; Clefable ; Banette ; Haunter ; Golett ; Baltoy

*MCR Count: 643
    *Pokemon Stats:

@Siless

@Dog of Hellsing

The prospect of a second Baltoy was interesting, I supposed, but I preferred to have the chance to train up the Baltoy I already had before grabbing a second one. Perhaps if it had a split evolution, but Baltoy only evolved into Claydol, and I didn't want to double up on it before I was fully aware of its capabilities.

"Let's keep moving. Two Baltoy in one trip is probably a bit much to be taking out. Maybe if I knew someone who wanted one or something, but I'd rather focus on the one I already caught." There wasn't really much of a run left to find other Pokémon, but even then I didn't really want to capture one Pokémon solely to focus on another because they had the exact same capabilities.

As Gaard readied his first move, the Munna's eyes glinted dangerously, as if she had overheard something important. Unfortunately for both of them, it was Scizor who reacted first. Dashing towards the wild Psychic-type, he slashed forward at Munna in a cross, slicing at the Pokemon. Munna shrinked back, both from the pain and trying to retreat from her attacker.

Gaard leaped forward as well, though his target was Gastly. He launched right into his Taunt attack, riling up the Ghost Pokemon as it tried to strike at the Absol only for the Disaster Pokemon hop out of the way at the last second. As the Gastly grew angrier, Gaard appeared to grow prouder in his actions to anger the Pokemon.

Finally having enough, Gastly shot a large electrical bolt towards the Absol, the attack powered by both his frustration and anger. The Thunderbolt coursed through Gaard's body, causing the Absol to yelp as he was steadily shocked.

Munna was finally able to act, due to the others having just used their attacks and still recovering before being able to act again. A shimmering blue barrier began to form around the Psychic-type, and began to stretch out to surround Gastly as well, protecting both of them. Munna appeared pleased with her current strategy, and looked over at the other team as if daring them to attack once more.

Gaard shrugged off the Thunderbolt, but not before using some of the electricity to help power up his next move. The yellow charge that coated his body transferred to a darker blue shade, and fired back towards the Gastly. Before it could strike the wild Pokemon though, the attack was successfully blocked by the barrier surrounding Gastly, causing the Pokemon to stick out his tongue at Gaard as it mocked the Absol for his failed attack.

Akinai, recognizing the barrier for what it was, silently cursed to herself. That could only be Safeguard, a technique that shielded the user's team from status-inducing moves. That meant that not only could she not enfeeble Gastly, but Eric would not be able to do the same to Munna as well. It was clear now: at least one of them was playing this battle on each side.

Munna acted as well, opening her large mouth and fired off several sound-waves towards Scizor. The waves were razor-sharp, but still did minimal damage to the Steel-type.

Still, Eric didn't appear too happy with Munna's choice of attacks; in fact, he seemed annoyed despite the fact that Normal-type moves would hardly put a chink in Scizors natural armor. "All right next use a Light Screen so that Absol won't take as much damage from anything Gastly does, and then follow up with a Bug Bite," he commanded, pointing over at Munna.

Akinai was surprised by Eric's current choice of attacks, though this was a fortunate change. From what she had heard in the past, her teammate was a purely offensive attacker; commanding something like Light Screen was almost the exact opposite of an attacking. Still, it would help against both Munna and Gastly, since most Ghost and Psychic Pokemon relied on special moves.

“Don't get too overconfident when that Light Screen goes up, Gaard,” Akinai warned her Absol, earning a dismissive snort from both Gaard and Jade in unison. As the most cautious member of her team, the Absol was well known for looking before he leaped, even a second or third time if the situation could help it. If there was one thing that could never be said about Gaard, it was that he was far from overconfident.

Once Gaard managed to regain his composure, Akinai readied her next command. “Let's go with Sucker Punch, then go with Hidden Power,” she said to Gaard, pointing at Gastly. The second attack was a complete wildcard for anyone who had not seen Gaard use Hidden Power before, since it would be one of any type in existence save for Normal. Plus, this would let the Absol release the rest of the electricity it had built up from both Gastly's Thunderbolt and his own failed Thunder Wave. It was possible that it would do more damage because of this, but at the very least it would clear the Absol's system from the charge.

Gaard watched Gastly carefully, waiting for any sign of movement from the large ball of gas. When the wild Pokemon moved forward to attack, he would try to rush in with his own attack first before Gastly could react. Once this was done, he readied Hidden Power, glowing with a yellow light while aiming his attack.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast