Main RP: Meteor Valley - Page 15
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: Meteor Valley

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: Meteor Valley

@WinterVines OCC: It was my fault for the lateness this week XP

IC:

Dragonair’s and Punpun’s combination attack sent the black featured eyes swirling within the giant faintly glowing twister. I was relieved to see it concentrated around the two Unown as planned, and I could see that Ivy was relieved as well. The Psychic-type Pokemon couldn’t dodge out of the way, partially due to the Paralysis, and partially due to the effort it took to do their last attack.

They flung apart from each other, only to come back to each other when the wind pushed them into each other and then away again. The twister became too powerful to see through anymore, so I quickly closed my eyes to activate my Foresight ability. I’ve had such an ability since I was younger, and it helped we in the Park many times before to see through smokescreens and light fog.

I could see the Unown start to shine, probably blue again - the Foresight was similar to night vision, but instead of turning everything green, it turned it red. They started to spin on their own and surrounded themselves in ice, releasing them haphazardly out of the twister.

I opened my eyes and saw the ice shards zoom by our ranger and around to hit Punpun in his back, but Punpun bore it. His Helping Hand did its job, so he concentrated his Psychic energy around himself, creating a faint light around himself. Punpun watched as the second shard from the “K” Unown came whizzing towards Dragonair, who was preoccupied with keeping up the Twister. Punpun bounced high towards the incoming Hidden Power and abosorbed it into his Mirror Coat.

The attack subsided, and we saw the two Unown bobbing around, dizzy from the attacks. They interlocked their appendages together to balance themselves in the air, making them a singular target. Punpun landed in front of Dragonair and was illuminated by the Mirror Coat’s pink light. The energy of the attack was released as a large column of light which pushed the Unown into the trees where they first appeared. They struggled to get up and prepared to use Hidden Power for a third time.

They seemed to be running out of energy though, and Kitsu and I needed to end this.

“One more attack before we throw out pokeballs?” Kitsu asked me.

I nodded. One more attack should be enough to weaken the two. Lopunny had a move that would be good against Psychic types, Fury Cutter. It was a Bug-type move that started off weak, but increased in power every time it was used. It shouldn’t be powerful enough to KO’d either Unown, but it would still get them down just a bit more for easier capture.

“Punpun, use Fury Cutter. Try to get them both if you can!” I commanded.

“Hmm, I think we can give Punpun a hand this time,” Kitsu commented. “Alright, start out by using Safeguard on Punpun!”

Dragonair concentrated, and the blue orb around his throat shone with a crimson light. He started emitting a small hum-like chant under his breath. Out of his horn, he produced a shining blue-green sphere that surrounded Punpun. The shield would protect Punpun from some damage and any secondary effect that might be placed upon him, though I didn’t know why Kitsu did such a thing, since the Unown only knew one... Oh wait I understood!

“Now use Aqua Tail on Punpun and propel him forward!” Kitsu commanded.

Now, I’ve seen Dragonair pull something like this before, but he really needed to concentrate in order to keep the Safeguard up so that he didn’t hurt Punpun. Dragonair’s orbs lit up, and a stream of water twirled around his tail.

Punpun had faith in his old pal and readied his own attack within the sphere. His arms began to glow light green, which reflected against the light emitted again the Safeguard. He lashed out the energy like small daggers coming out of his paws, ready to stab or slash the enemy.

Dragonair swiped his tail against Punpun’s ball and launched the guarded Punpun towards the two Unown, still readying their own attack.

“On your word,” Kitsu said.

I nodded. The two Psychic-types fired off another attack, probably to try to slow Punpun down, but it didn’t matter. I waited until the Safegaurd took some of the damage from the Hidden Power attacks and until Punpun was close enough to hit the staggering opponents.

“Punpun attack!” I yelled out.

“Now drop the Safeguard, Dragonair!”

The bubble dissipated into glittering aqua dust. Punpun kept up his momentum and extended his energy filled arms towards the two Unown, ready to strike them both with Fury Cutter.

Kitsu and I pulled out a Park Ball, a green camouflaged looking Pokeball, and waited until Punpun was out of the way after the combination attack. We threw our balls to capture the Unown, mine towards the “J” and Kitsu’s towards the “K.”

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

(OOC: Watch that saying the wild Pokémon do something they didn't. Not a big deal, but just for future stuff. Sorry short post is short D: This one will probably be docked XD )

@sorocoroto
    @scarletkitsune

NBP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

As the battle dwindled down, both Jesse and Kitsune realized they were going to have to wrap this battle up. Their Pokémon weren't taking too much damage, but it would slowly build up if they dragged it on for too long. The Unown had just about had it too, bobbing back and forth through the air, trying to stay floating.

The duo thought of a plan, Dragonair trying to use Safeguard and Aqua Tail to propel Punpun forcefully at the Psychic-types while he used a Fury Cutter. It worked mostly, but Punpun was still damaged a tiny bit from the Aqua Tail. Safeguard did create a sort of protective bubble, but since it was normally suited to warding off nasty effects of attacks, there wasn't enough time to try and make it more like a Protect screen.

Still, it seemed to work, and the rabbit went flying at the letters. They seemed to realize their end was near, so they both rattled from side to side in one last attack, making it rain down ice chunks. There wasn't a lot of time for them to strengthen their attack, though, so it didn't do a lot of damage to the Trainers' Pokémon.

Punpun lashed out, using the momentum in his flight path to add to the force of his move. The Unown tried to separate, but they didn't get completely apart, so he managed to get damage on both with his slash. Ivy noticed the J seemed a bit more damage than the other though.

That didn't matter so much in the end, as both Trainers decided to throw Park Balls at their respective captures. The paralysis, combined with the damage from the attacks and the weariness from trying to move around, was enough to keep them from dodging. Both balls hit, and the two Unown were sucked inside, the devices gently falling to the ground. Ivy waited for them to stop shaking, seeing if either one was going to break out, but nothing happened.

The center of the balls lit up in red, and the combined ping echoed against the trees as the devices locked closed. Ivy went over to gather them up, dropping them in a safe vest pocket. “Congratulations,” she said to the Trainers, particularly Kit. “You just caught your first Park Pokémon. How does it feel?”

Haji joined her side, and they waited for the Trainers' hype to die down. She wouldn't continue on until they were ready, so for now she'd let them bask in their success.

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Soro
    Name: Scarlet
    13 Encounters Remaining
    Area Effects: It's fall weather.
    Soro Zorua Disk: 2/5

Soro Pokémon Encountered: Drowzee, Unown J
    Scarlet Pokémon Encountered: Gothita, Unown K

Soro Pokémon Captured: Quirky G Unown J
    Scarlet Pokémon Captured: Gentle G Unown K

Soro MCR: 0
    Scarlet MCR: 0

Soro Items: 4x Park Ball, 5x Super Ball, 5x Hyper Ball, 3x Calming Fragrances Plus, PokePlayer, 3x Intermeditate Voice Disc Zorua, Blank Disk, 2x Full Heal, 4x Super Potion, 8x Pokedoll, 1x Revival Herb, 1x Energy Powder, Digital Camera

Scarlet Items: 4x Park Ball, 5x Super Ball, 2x Hyper Ball, 1x Revival Herb, 1x Digital Camera, Pokeplayer, Borderline Voice Disk: Gastly, Borderline Voice Disk: Golett

Soro Pokémon Stats

Pokemon: Lopunny @ 75%
    Nickname: Punpun
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Sunny Day, Giga Impact, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Work Up, Solarbeam, Encore, Fake Out, Fake Tears, Heal Bell, Helping Hand, Fury Cutter, Sky Uppercut

Pokemon: Blissey
    Nickname: Ally
    Ability: Healer
    Nature: Gentle
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Psychic, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Wish

Pokemon: Scrafty
    Nickname: None
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Bold
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Strength, Rock Smash, Dragon Claw, Double Team, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch

Pokemon: Butterfree
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Nature: Calm
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Defog, Flash, Morning Sun

Pokemon: Charizard
    Nickname: Ender
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Hasty
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength, Defog, Rock Smash

Pokemon: Haxorus
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Surf

Scarlet Pokémon Stats

Pokemon: Vulpix
    Nickname:
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None

Pokemon: Dragonair @ 80%
    Nickname:
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Nature: Calm

Pokemon: Hydreigon
    Nickname:
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Rash

Pokemon: Flygon
    Nickname:
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Careful
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

OOC: "Wow, it feels like we have been walking for almost a year now!" *is shot*. Either way, might be a tad bit rusty due to hiatus.

Akinai jumped slightly, startled that something had touched her. When she saw that the contact was only the Kirlia trying to hold hands with her, she relaxed, giving the Pokemon a small smile in return. "It will be alright." she said to the Kirlia. Wonder what is scaring her? she mused.

Jade, who barely had enough room to move around, noticed the switch as well. She nodded comfortingly to the Kirlia and moved a couple of steps further away.

"Thanks," Akinai said to Chainy, accepting the flashlight. "Wonder what we'll find in here? Kirlia doesn't seem to like this place much..."

As if in response to Akinai's statement, the Pokemon seemed to hide behind Akinai.
    Last edited by Akinai; 24th October 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: xD It's okay, I've often thought about continuing this rp, so I'm happy that I actually can ^^ Hopefully this Encounter will get your engines revving again.

~~~~~

"Thanks. Wonder what we'll find in here? Kirlia doesn't seem to like this place much," Akinai said to me.

"Yeah, unfortunately there are a lot of unpleasant Pokemon running around here in the Valley," I admitted as we continued into the cave It was only just big enough for us to walk side by side, with Jade following us behind and the Kirlia behind Jade. "Spiritomb are usually nasty. It's common for Gengar to take pranks too far. You also really don't want to get on the wrong side of a Sableye. Thank God that Chandelure prefer the heat of Mount Deckbi."

Our torchlights probed deeper into the cave. I heard a rustling, and my fist shot out in front of Akinai. When the rustling did not happen again, I carefully removed my arm and our little group inched forwards. I realised that Dual wasn't here any more - he'd probably gone off scouting, like he usually did. That was okay, but I would have preferred him here at my side.

I heard the rustle behind us, and I spun. The Kirlia shrieked as the light hit her, but her finger was pointing in the direction we were travelling. I turned back and my light fell onto a glossy white coat of fur. The torchlight traveled upwards, revealing soulful red eyes and a single curving, black horn. Its fin-like tail swayed slowly from side to side. The Absol glanced at me, but the majority of its attention was spent on Akinai. The Absol stared straight at her, almost like it was reaching into and inspecting her soul.

"Uh, this guy looks pretty into you. You wanna try battling it?" I asked her. I hoped she would - Absol were rare - but they had intimidating reputations. Hopefully this one wasn't an indicator of bad luck on our Expedition.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Akinai
    Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining, CC for Kirlia met
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Chingling(?); ??? Kirlia(F); ??? Absol(?)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Serious Female Flygon[Nicknamed Jade] 100% <Out of Ball> (HM Fly, HM Strength <Levitate Ability>)

Hasty Male Mightyena[Nicknamed Lunaris] 100% (HM Strength <Intimidate Ability>)

Docile Female Aggron[Nicknamed Cryrosant] 100% (HM Strength, TM Earthquake <Rock Head Ability>)

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x3 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

OOC: brb, geeking out O.o Seriously though, Absol was the main reason why I chose this area. What happens to the character count on Kirlia though?

"Chandelure? I don't think that species is covered in my book..." Out of habit Akinai fished out her booklet, then mentally facepalmed as she realized that it was too dark to read. "Guess I'll read it later." she said with a sheepish grin. The group continued to trudge on further into the cave.

It seems like they were not the only ones nearby, though. Every now and then there was a rustling, quiet enough that Akinai wouldn't have even noticed the sound if it wasn't for Chainy stopping the group. As soon as Kirlia shrieked, Akinai spun around, trying to discover what had startled her. By the time she had noticed, Chainy's flashlight was already illuminating the Pokemon. "An Absol..." Akinai whispered. She had been hunting for one of these ever since she had started her journey and received Jade.

The Disaster Pokemon seemed to be as equally interested in her as well, considering it's eyes were glued on the human rather than the Flygon or Kirlia.

"Uh, this guy looks pretty into you. You wanna try battling it?" Chainy said finally. Perhaps he was just as surprised?

Definitely! "You have no idea." Akinai grinned, pulling out Lunaris' Pokeball. In mid-throw she felt a tug on her other arm, and remembered. Oh right, Kirlia. Putting the Ball back, she knelt down to eye level with the Kirlia.

"I think this guy is asking me to fight," Akinai said, pointing at the nearby Absol. "You can wait with Jade if you want, I can probably use my other teammates for this battle with little trouble." She ruffled through her bag, looking for Potions in case the battle took longer then expected. While doing so, her fingers grazed the lone Parkball she had placed near the bottom, buying the weaker Ball as an afterthought. Could this be the time? she mused. Couldn't hurt to ask. "You could also come with me, if you want to. That way you can always be with me and Jade, and you won't have to worry about any Ghosts or Dark Pokemon attacking you. How about it?"

Akinai pulled out her Parkball, offering it to the Kirlia.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: I had a feeling you might like this ^^ Seriously though, another reason I'm glad you came back is your rolls were waaaaaay too good to waste. Also, this is what happens.

~~~~~

"You have no idea," Akinai replied quietly, gazing at the Dark-type. She reached around and pulled out a PokeBall, preparing to throw it towards the Absol, obviously preparing to battle it. However, something stopped her. The Kirlia had inched forward from behind Jade, quite clearly petrified by the Absol. She pulled on the human's sleeve, wanting to leave.

Akinai knelt down next to the Psychic-type. "I think this guy is asking me to fight," she explained to the Kirlia. "You can wait with Jade if you want, I can probably use my other teammates for this battle with little trouble." Her hands shifted through her bag, and suddenly she paused. Slowly, she withdrew her hand, which was holding an expanded Park Ball. "You could also come with me, if you want to," she offered. "That way you can always be with me and Jade, and you won't have to worry about any Ghosts or Dark Pokemon attacking you. How about it?"

The Kirlia nodded frantically, and put her hand on the spherical device. However, nothing happened. Both of them looked confused.

"Akinai, Kirlia is an evolved Pokemon, so you need to use a Super Ball," I explained. "And I don't think that Absol is going to wait for much longer."

As if to emphasise my point, the Dark-type began kneading its claws on some rocks, preparing to fight. I took a couple of steps backwards - Absol were powerful fighters, and I didn't want to get too close, especially in such a confined place as this.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Chingling(?); ??? Kirlia(F); ??? Absol(?)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 1969 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Serious Female Flygon[Nicknamed Jade] 100% <Out of Ball> (HM Fly, HM Strength <Levitate Ability>)

Docile Female Aggron[Nicknamed Cryrosant] 100% (HM Strength, TM Earthquake <Rock Head Ability>)

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x3 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"You have got to be kidding me!" Akinai groaned, covering her face with her hand. She had completely forgotten that the Parkballs were weaker for a reason. Still kneeling next to her pack, she dropped the Parkball out of annoyance.

"I don't think that Absol is going to wait for much longer." Chainy warned, backing up.

The Absol seemed to agree, readying into a battle stance. Obviously it didn't appreciate the fact that it was being ignored for a Psychic type.

Come on, think! That Absol didn't look too happy, and, if what she had read up on them was correct, they were quite agile, striking their foes quickly while darting out of range before anyone could retaliate. She really didn't want to lose her chance at capturing this Absol, but Kirlia was absolutely terrified.... If she did nothing now, the Kirlia would more then likely lose all her trust for the Trainer. She shot a glance in her pack, and noticed one of her Superballs was near the top, ready for use. Jade was close by as well, standing next to the Kirlia.

"You two, we've got to be quick about this! Jade, aim a Sand Attack towards that Absol!" Akinai called out, darting her hand towards the Superball and offering it to Kirlia. She would worry about retrieving the Parkball later.

Jade gave a loud cry and flyed towards the Absol as a distraction, dragging her tail on the ground as she did so to accumulate as much dirt and sand as possible. Giving another cry, she flung the stream of sand towards the Absol, trying to aim as close to the face as possible.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Absol gender?

~~~~~

The Absol continued to sharpen its claws, making a very worrisome sound that reverberated throughout the thin tunnel. It wanted to get the battle underway, and it wasn't happy that Akinai was paying so much attention to the Kirlia.

"You have got to be kidding me," Akinai muttered, dropping the Park Ball and allowing it to roll away. She began pawing through her pack again, frantically looking for a higher-level ball.

"You two, we've got to be quick about this! Jade, aim a Sand Attack towards that Absol!" she yelled.

I ducked just in time as the Flygon barreled over me, dragging her tail past me on the ground as she did so. The Dragon-type accumulated dirt and grit in front of her tail, and she flicked it towards the Absol with a war cry. Akinai would have to battle smart in here - there wasn't enough room for Jade to maneuver like she usually did.

I looked over at Akinai and I saw that she had successfully dug out a Super Ball. She held it out to the Kirlia. The Psychic-type placed her hand on the top of the device. It turned into red plasma, which was quickly sucked inside the capture device. Instead of shaking, like with normal captures, the light on the front of the sphere blinked red immediately.

"Here, I'll take that," I said to Akinai, scooping the ball out of her hand. "You'll need to pay full attention to this battle."

That wasn't the only reason - Ranger regulations stated that the Ranger had to hold onto all captured Pokemon until the Expedition ended. This was in case the Trainer caught more than their three allowed Pokemon. However, I wasn't wrong - the Absol was hissing unhappily at Jade, its head held low, which reminded me of an infuriated cat. An infuriated cat that could summon fire and control electricity. Great.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? ??? Absol: 100%, ATK+1 (used Hone Claws)

Serious Female Flygon: 100% (used Sand Attack)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Chingling(?); Naive Kirlia(F); ??? Absol(?)
    Pokemon Captured: Naive Kirlia(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 3506 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x2 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: Male, please. Also, are there any large rocks nearby, or just one open, narrow cave?

"You did fantastic, Jade! Thanks to you, Kirlia is safe and sound." Akinai called out to the Flygon.

Jade twitched her tail in reply, but kept her gaze on the Absol. Paying full attention to her opponent would likely mean the difference between success and defeat.

Akinai gave the Superball to Chainy, still slowly registering the fact that she had finally caught her first Park Pokemon. Celebrating would have to wait however; the Absol looked even angrier then before, and his full attention seemed to be on Jade.

Akinai took a look around her surroundings, trying to formulate a game plan. The cave, though not as narrow as the earlier passage, still left little room for mobility. Jade probably would not be able to fly out of the Absol's reach, which left the Flygon with a disadvantage. While Lunaris would probably be a better choice, Akinai decided to give her starter a try first, if only to gauge the Absol's strength.

"We're probably going to have to fight this thing in close quarters eventually, but try to hold off on that until the last possible moment! Show him the power of your Dragonbreath, and stay on the defensive." Akinai called out to the Flygon. Absol's claws and horn looked deadly; they would probably cut Jade to ribbons if they struck first.

Jade took a deep breath, leaping back as she did so. In midair, she shot a shot a beam of shimmering azure light at the Absol from her mouth, using the force from this to move even further back.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Pretty much just a reallllllly narrow cave. That said, feel free to invent stuff in the surroundings as long as it doesn't contradict what's already been said and it's not too broken.

~~~~~

"You did fantastic, Jade! Thanks to you, Kirlia is safe and sound," Akinai called out.

The Flygon twitched her tail in acknowledgment, but she didn't look away from the Absol. Good call - the Dark-type was slowly waving its dark tail, obviously preparing something.

"We're probably going to have to fight this thing in close quarters eventually, but try to hold off on that until the last possible moment! Show him the power of your Dragonbreath, and stay on the defensive," my Trainer ordered.

Jade leaped backwards, and a bright blue stream of fire boiled out of her mouth, propelling her further backwards. The Dragonbreath wrapped around the Absol, causing it to hiss once against. The Disaster Pokemon backed up, out of the range of the attack. Suddenly, the temperature in the cave dropped. Swirling motes of light began to gather around the Absol, and a blue film flowed from the Dark-type towards Jade. The Icy Wind wrapped around her, causing small icicles and patches of snow to freeze all over her body. The Absol yowled its victory and backed up a little bit, preparing to pounce.

"Jade's maneuverability has just been cut even more," I warned Akinai. "Unfortunately, she's probably not the best choice for this battle."

~~~~~

??? Male Absol: 85%, ATK+1 (used Icy Wind)

Serious Female Flygon: 85%, SPD-1 (used Dragonbreath)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Chingling(?); Naive Kirlia(F); ??? Absol(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 4976 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Serious Female Flygon[Nicknamed Jade] ACTIVE <Out of Ball> (HM Fly, HM Strength <Levitate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x2 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Akinai grinned to herself as she saw the Dragonbreath hit the Absol with little trouble. Hopefully it will slow him down, she thought, yet her hopes were dashed as she saw the Pokemon back out of range, seemingly unhindered. To make things worse, the room suddenly became colder, far too fast for it to be a mere temperature change. "Wait, don't tell me that it knows an Ice move!"

Sure enough, the air around the Absol seemed to crystallize in place, then blow towards Jade. Jade gave a small cry as the wind struck her, icy rimes beginning to form on her.

Akinai hissed between her teeth in frustration. She didn't even know that Absol could even learn an Ice move. Her lack of study had cost her an attack.

"Jade's maneuverability has just been cut even more," Chainy warned Akinai. "Unfortunately, she's probably not the best choice for this battle."

Akinai nodded to this, and pulled out two Pokeballs from her belt: Jade's own Ball and Cryrosant's. "Jade, return!" she said, holding out the Flygon's Pokeball. As Jade was returned to her ball, she threw out the second ball, containing her Aggron. "Cryrosant, Ram it into the wall using Iron Head! Once you have it pinned, use Iron Defense to steel yourself!"

As the Aggron materialized, the form appeared to crouch down and rush toward the Absol in a bull's charge, his head glinting in the light.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Akinai seemed horrified that Absol had access to an Ice-typed move. Apparently, she didn't know that Absol had access to one of the widest movepools out of every Pokemon in existence. It would be have been very unlikely that not even one of them was Ice-typed.

My Trainer took my advice. She held out a pair of PokeBalls. The on her left emitted a red light, which encapsulated Jade and helped her retreat to safety. The right one flew outwards and a large red mass of plasma blasted towards the Absol.

"Cryrosant, ram it into the wall using Iron Head! Once you have it pinned, use Iron Defense to steel yourself!" Akinai yelled.

The Absol's eyes widened and I thought I saw a second of fear. The red plasma resolved into an Aggron which was freight-training towards the Dark-type. A stream of blue sparks blasted towards the Steel-type from the Absol's single black horn. It didn't do much, though, barely an impediment at all. Cryrosant headbutted the Absol viciously, tossing her horns and throwing the Wild Pokemon into the cave wall. She then turned and roared viciously, and a silver veil descended across the Pokemon, hardening her skin.

The Absol groaned and picked itself up. It mewled angrily at Cryrosant, making irritating sounds and shaking its horn. I recognised what it was doing - it was insulting Cryrosant, Taunting the Aggron and belittling her enormous strength.

~~~~~

??? Male Absol: 76%, ATK+1, SATK+1 (used Charge Beam, Taunt)

Docile Female Aggron: 92%, DEF+2, TNT-0 (used Iron Head, Iron Defense)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 6345 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Serious Female Flygon[Nicknamed Jade] 85% (HM Fly, HM Strength <Levitate Ability>)

Docile Female Aggron[Nicknamed Cryrosant] ACTIVE (HM Strength, TM Earthquake <Rock Head Ability>)

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x2 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

"Nice going!" Akinai yelled out to Cryrosant, watching the Absol strike the wall. Judging from the sheen that was appearing from the Aggron's body it seemed that the Iron Defense move had worked perfectly as well. It didn't matter if they were slow now; Cryrosant should be able to handle anything that the Absol threw out.

As Absol rose, it started to act oddly, shaking it's head back and forth while crying in an almost singsong voice.

Akinai's jaw dropped a moment, not believing what she was witnessing. "You just got slammed into the wall by a giant steel monster, and you're taunting it?" she said to the Absol, shaking her head sadly. "You must really have a death wish..."

Cryrosant appeared to be as stunned as Akinai, eyeing down the Absol. Her look said it all: Seriously? The Aggron snorted in disbelief, and looked over at her Trainer for orders.

Akinai eyed both her Pokemon and Absol carefully. From what she could tell, Cryrosant was barely damaged from the Absol's earlier attack, and could probably handle even more of them. The problem was the Taunt move; Cryrosant was pretty calm compared to other Aggron, but she was not sure if that meant that she would still listen to orders. The Absol, in turn, looked as if the earlier attack had hurt it quite a bit, but could still hold it's own. Currently it was locking eyes with Cryrosant.

Might as well risk it; nothing ventured, nothing gained. Akinai just hoped that she would not regret leaving her Aggron out to fight.

"Show that Pokemon that brute force does not always win the day, Cryrosant. Let him hear your Metal Sound move! If he manages to get close to you even through that, protect yourself with another Iron Defense." Akinai watched carefully. If things got bad, she would have to switch out again.

Cryrosant lowered her head once more, this time to begin grinding her horns together. A screeching sound began to fill the air, akin to the sound of iron nails deeply grinding against a chalkboard.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Cryrosant watched the Absol's Taunt motionlessly. When the large Aggron started moving, I had the idea that Cryrosant was more miffed than enraged. That's not to say she didn't want to cause some serious hurt to the Dark-type, but perhaps she wasn't as angry as most Pokemon that had just been Taunted.

Apparently, this thought occurred to Akinai as well. "Show that Pokemon that brute force does not always win the day, Cryrosant. Let him hear your Metal Sound move! If he manages to get close to you even through that, protect yourself with another Iron Defense," she ordered.

I let out a low whistle. Akinai had girl-balls. Neither of the attacks she commanded were usually usable through a Taunt. Akinai was placing a lot of trust in her Pokemon, which was a high-risk but high-reward strategy.

Sure enough, the Aggron lowered her head and reached up with her hands. She scraped them together, causing a horrible scraping sound to echo through the cave. I covered my ears with my hands, trying to block out the sound. As bad as it was for me, it must have been worse for the Absol. It keened in pain and its white coat began to fluff up. Suddenly the whiteness expanded, and shot out in a circle around Cryrosant. The Absol had used Double Team to create some clones!

The clones all shook their horns angrily at Cryrosant. As one, they darted in and headbutted Cryrosant around her midriff. The Aggron grunted unhappily and swatted at the multiple Dark-types, but they were too fast for her and managed to retreat safely. The benign irritance had gone from Cryrosant's eyes, and it had been replaced by anger.

~~~~~

??? Male Absol: 76%, ATK+1, SATK+1, SDEF-2, EVA+1 (used Double Team, Payback)

Docile Female Aggron: 84%, DEF+2, TNT-1 (used Metal Sound)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 8330 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Serious Female Flygon[Nicknamed Jade] 85% (HM Fly, HM Strength <Levitate Ability>)

Docile Female Aggron[Nicknamed Cryrosant] ACTIVE (HM Strength, TM Earthquake <Rock Head Ability>)

Item Statistics:

x1 Parkball
    x2 Superball
    x3 Super Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Akinai barely managed to cover her ears in time to deal with the Metal Sound barrage. It worked! she thought, grinning widely.

Her mood was killed upon seeing the Absol retaliating with a Double Team, finally going on the defensive. To make things worse, it took advantage of the move to have all of the images strike Cryrosant at once.

Cryrosant roared in frustration, unable to strike any of the Double Team images as they struck her from all sides. Her disbelief quickly transformed into rage, giving the Absol a death glare.

"Well, that sort of worked." Akinai muttered. She doubted Cryrosant would be on the defensive now. To make things worse, now she had to deal with the image clones as well. She eyed the Absol images, trying to see if any of them betrayed anything, or gave a hint on the real one. Sadly, they all looked identical to her. That left two choices: get lucky and hit the right one, or try to hit them all at once. Hopefully the latter would dispel the images; she wasn't that familiar with Double Team.

Ok, time to get creative! She could try another Metal Sound to break the Absol's concentration, but judging from the look on Cryrosant's face... she was not going to just stand there and take hits again. An Earthquake could possibly work as well, but she didn't know how sturdy this cave was. The last thing she wanted was for her and Chainy to get trapped in a cave-in, giant Steel Pokemon or not. Looking around didn't seem to help matters either, nothing but stone and dirt around them. Waitasec, dirt might actually be useful here!

"Cryrosant, I know you're mad, but going against that Absol right now would be like hitting a ghost. Vent your anger! Try to barrage him with Mud Slap, you're bound to hit him eventually!" Akinai called out to Cryrosant, then took a few steps back. "Uh... you might want to move back a little bit," she advised to Chainy "If this works, it's going to be messy."

Cryrosant, still seeing red, began to dig intot he ground furiously. In moments she was throwing large globs of mud all around her in a complete arc.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast