Main RP: The Great Lakes - Page 3

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: The Great Lakes

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: The Great Lakes

OOC: Well, it’s pretty much my job to help you out with things you might not be so good at, so don’t worry ^^.

=====

IC: Ranger Arunei

BP

Akinai had Kaya attempt a Quick Attack to dodge Shellos’s Take Down. The little brown fox crouched and then leapt to the side so quickly she looked like a chocolate-colored blur. When she landed a second later, a bit of sand flew into the air. Shellos, on the other hand, continued to fly past where Kaya had been seconds ago. Sensing something was wrong, the pink slug uncurled just in time to hit the sand, tumbling until she hit a scraggly bush. Squeaking, the slug righted herself and glanced about, spotting Kaya a second later. Swelling a bit in obvious irritation, the little Pokemon made another strange squeaking sound.

Then Shellos seemed to deflate, her little body becoming smaller. I realized after a second, though, that she was just squeezing her muscles so tightly she seemed to be shrinking. As she tensed, a clear fluid oozed from her body, and Shellos twisted her flexible body all over as she gathered the slime in her mouth. She then faced Kaya and spat the slime in a makeshift Sludge attack. I grimaced and scooted a bit further away, not wanting to get hit by any stray slime Shellos might spit.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Modest Female Eevee: 100% (Focus Energy)
    ? Female Shellos: 96.25% (Defense increased) <Using Sludge>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Akinai

Area Effects:
    -11 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    Serious Female Flygon (No EMs) <Levitate Ability>
    100%

Modest Female Eevee (No EMs) <Run Away Ability>
    100% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:
    x1 Parkball ; x3 Superball ; x3 Super Potion

Total Pokemon Encountered:
    Lotad (First encounter)
    Seel (Second encounter)
    Manaphy (Third encounter)
    Shellos (Fourth encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
    n/a

=====

OOC: There are small, scraggly bushes all over. They have sharp branches and small, tough leaves that are a brown-green color.
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 30th April 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Raichu was falling from the sky faster than he could think to do anything. He landed on his tail, sticking it into the sand. Upon pulling it out, a small hunk of glass had formed around it. This gave Daniel an idea.

"Raiguy! Use slam again!" By using the glass on his tail, Raiguy was able to create a medevail flail. He began to spin in a cirular motion, sending up grains of sand as he went along. Before he knew it, he looked more like an orange tornado than anything else.

Raiguy went hurtling towards Gyrados. Raiguy let out a thundershock attack, charging the tornado with electricity. "Now Raiguy, hit Gyrados, then jump up into a thunderbolt!"
    Last edited by LightningFast; 30th April 2010 at 03:26 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only obvious answers.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f394/tyrant-107146/

OOC: Sharp branches...I'll have to remember that.

Akinai slightly panicked as she saw Shellos ready the Sludge attack. If Kaya ended up poisoned, she would be out of commission until the effect wore, and even then the Eevee would be very weak. Akinai made a mental note to buy a Full Heal or two next time she visited the Park.

"Kaya, don't let that hit you! Try to dodge using another Quick Attack, then retaliate using Take Down."

Kaya appeared to be a little tired from using her last attack, but tensed up for another quick sidestep.

Blog Entries

OOC: Okay, turns out I was spelling Gyarados properly before XD. It was just misspelled in the link that I get the sprite icon from.

Also, I am so very sorry for replying so late. I've been uber-busy with stuff irl X__x...

=====

IC: Ranger Sara

BP

Raiguy looked like an out-of-control dervish as he spun about, creating a vortex of sand, wind, and electricity. He then charged at leapt at Gyarados, the electrified tunnel moving with him. As the electricity jumped from one grain of sand to another, it formed a sort of thin chain of glass that quickly shattered thanks to the force of the wind.

Gyarados reared back, maw opening wider than ever as he drew in a breath, steeling himself. Without flinching, he waited until Raiguy slammed into him, wincing but giving no other sign of distress as the attack struck him. The Slam itself, even with the improvised casing around Raiguy’s tail, wasn’t what had caused the large serpent to wince; the weak currents of electricity had done that.

Even so, the Pokemon didn’t hesitate to attack through his discomfort. Rearing back and letting out a ferocious roar, the Pokemon suddenly threw himself towards Raiguy, twisting his massive body about in what looked like violent convulsions. It was, in truth, a very powerful Thrash attack. It would leave Gyarados fatigued and dazed for some time after it was finished, but if it hit, it would do serious damage to Raiguy and maybe even knock him out entirely. Even as the Raichu leapt away from Gyarados into the air and readied his Thunderbolt, Gyarados flailed his long tail and caught his opponent’s side, throwing Raiguy back to the sand.

“Get away!” I called out, trying to offer some advice. “Attack from a distance!”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Naughty Male Raichu: 69.85%
    ? Male Gyarados: 61.67% ([PAR]) <Using Thrash>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Daniel

Area Effects:
    -13 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    Naughty Male Raichu (No EMs) <Static Ability>
    69.85% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:
    4 Parkballs, 2 Super Potions, 1 Pokedoll, 1 full heal

Carvahna (First encounter)
    Gyarados (Second encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
    Rash Male Carvanha

=====

OOC: Remember that Gyarados is x4 weak to Electric moves. If you use too many of them you’re going to end up knocking it out :P.
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 15th May 2010 at 03:55 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: Like I told Lightning, I am EXTREMELY sorry for replying so late. *Curses real-life stuff that's been keeping her busy.*

=====

BP

Kaya did as she was asked, darting out of the path of the Sludge attack and appearing next to Shellos. The little Eevee then gathered herself before lunging for her foe, ducking her head low and pulling her legs close to her chest so she didn’t lose momentum thanks to drag on her fur from them wind.

Shellos, being a slug and thus relatively slow, barely had time to realize Kaya was attacking before being slammed by the fox. Both Pokemon went tumbling, flipping head over tail as they rolled across the sand. Shellos landed on her back, wiggling her body madly in an effort to right herself. After several seconds, she managed to flip herself upright, then turned her head to glare at Kaya. This was unnerving, since Kaya was behind Shellos, and thus the slug had to twist her head 180-degrees. It wouldn’t have been so bad, save for the soft squishing noise the action created.

“Shell!” the little pink Pokemon hissed before opening her jaws wide and inhaling deeply. She then spat forth a thin stream of water, but that wasn’t the real attack; surrounding the stream were several rings of water that were vibrating with powerful ultrasonic waves. This made the water pulsate, which gave the attack its name of Water Pulse.

“If that attack hits it might confuse Kaya,” I warned Akinai. “You guys should be careful.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Modest Female Eevee: 93.63% (Focus Energy)
    ? Female Shellos: 85.11% (Defense increased) <Using Water Pulse>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
    -11 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    100%

93.63% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:

Lotad (First encounter)
    Seel (Second encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
    n/a
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 8th May 2010 at 03:40 PM.

OCC: Yeah, I know, that's why I kept using slam. XD
    Also, I'd like Gyarados to be male please.
    ALSO, I'm sure you had a good reason to be gone for a while.
    ====
    Daniel watched as Raiguy was knocked into the sand. The attack had hit very hard. Daniel was seriously considering using a potion. "Attack from a distance!" Sara exclaimed. Daniel had a decision to make; use a far range attack but risk knocking Gyarados out, or put Raiguy in danger by using meelee combat.

"It's using thrash, Raiguy! Don't go any closer and use thundershock!" Raiguy let loose a small jolt of electricity. As long as Raiguy stayed safely on shore, he'd be safe.

"Gotta get ready for the capture..." Daniel said, taking a Parkball from his pocket. "It's too bad I didn't bring any superballs or hyperballs." Gyarados was easily three times as strong as Carvanah, and probably three times harder to catch too.
    Last edited by LightningFast; 6th May 2010 at 02:27 PM.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=107146

OOC: No worries, RL happens ^^

Akinai nodded at Arunei's advice. She could possibly have Kaya dodge it with another Quick Attack, but the Eevee looked worn out from using the move in rapid succession.

Kaya, dodge that to the best of your ability! Once you're clear, try to Tackle it into one of those bushes." Akinai pointed to one of the bushes the Shellos had crashed into before.

"If you have time to attack before it rights itself again, do so. You can do this, Kaya!"

Kaya prepared to dodge, but looked somewhat uneasy. if she tackled the Shellos while it was in that position, it could get seriously hurt.

Blog Entries

Ranger Sara

BP

Raiguy let loose a small blast of electricity, which arched into the air as it sped towards Gyarados. Unfortunately, the sea serpent was flailing about so much that he ended up jerking out of the path of the attack at the last second, which caused it to hit the sand instead. Most of it dispersed, but a bit of the attack jumped from the ground to Gyarados’s belly.

The massive Pokemon roared, twisting around even more violently than before. He reared up nearly ten feet into the air, then crashed back down with such force he flipped himself over. His tail smashed into the sand mere inches away from Raiguy, and the backlash of wind sent the Raichu tumbling into a pointy-branched bush.

I waited for a moment, wondering if Gyarados would calm down yet, but he was still raging. It wouldn’t be long before he grew fatigued, though, and when that happened he would become befuddled. Even though his random thrashing would end, that wasn’t much of a consolation; a confused Gyarados was equally as dangerous as a rational one. It was impossible to determine what a clear-headed Pokemon would do, and even moreso with one that was gripped by temporary dementia.

“Be careful,” I advised. “Gyarados will become confused when his Thrash ends, so you really need to take care about what you do from here on out.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Naughty Male Raichu: 56.79%
    ? Male Gyarados: 52.28% ([PAR]) <Using Thrash>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
    -13 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    52.28% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:

Total Pokemon Captured:
    Rash Male Carvanha
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 15th May 2010 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Ranger Arunei

BP

Kaya’s indecision about her commands, coupled with her obvious fatigue after moving so quickly, ultimately led to Shellos’s Water Pulse striking true. The ringed water stream collided with Kaya’s chest, sending her sliding back a few feet in the sand. The water soaked Kaya’s throat ruff and her chest fur as the rings transferred their momentum to her body. This is what caused confusion in those who were struck with it; the sensation of rapid movement when one was, in fact, standing still.

Luckily, Kaya’s Focus Energy gave her the insight to avoid the unpleasant effects of the move. Wet and shaken but not seriously damaged, the little Eevee steeled herself before darting towards Shellos, ready to knock her into a bush.

Shellos, being slow, couldn’t avoid the attack in time. So she did something else. Inhaling deeply, she spewed forth a mouthful of water, soaking the sand in front of her. Only it wasn’t just water, but slime that Shellos spat out. The water-and-slime mixture sunk into the sand, making it sticky. It was almost like mud, only a lot ickier.

Eevee, charging at her foe determinedly, ran straight into the impromptu Mud Sport. The mud-like concoction stuck firm to her paws, turning her headlong dash into a painfully slow trudge.

“If that gunk hardens, it’ll slow Kaya down and make it harder for her to move around,” I told Akinai. “She needs to get out of that trap and clean herself off, or else Shellos will have the upper hand.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Modest Female Eevee: 71.40% (Focus Energy)
    ? Female Shellos: 85.11% (Defense increased)

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
    -11 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    100%

71.40% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:

Lotad (First encounter)
    Seel (Second encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
    n/a
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 12th May 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Daniel looked at the flailing Gyarados as Raiguy crawled out from the prickly bush. He seemed angry, but this could be used to Daniel's advantage. Daniel scanned the large sea serpent for a weak point that just might stop his physical attacks.

Then it hit Daniel. What was Gyarados' most deadly weapon for smaller creatures like Raiguy? Its tail! If disabled it temporarily, Raiguy would have no trouble landing attacks!

"Raiguy, aim another thundershock at Gyarados' tail, and this time, amp it up a notch!" The jolt of lightning emerged from Raiguy's tiny body and went once again towards Gyarados. Although a confused Gyarados might be easier to hit, it would be just as, if not even MORE dangerous!
    Last edited by LightningFast; 8th May 2010 at 06:26 PM.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=107146

Akinai winced as Kaya ran headlong into Shellos' trap. "I never really knew Mud Sport could be used that way...So much for thinking this would be an easy fight." As Kaya vainly tried to wriggle herself out, Akinai tried to think of a plan. Kaya can't learn Agility, so that's out. What to use...

"Kaya, try to see if you can jump out of that trap! When you're out, get yourself cleap ASAP by going into one of the more shallow pools. If all else fails...Use Baton Pass."

Akinai grabbed Jade's Pokeball, just in case, and waited.

Blog Entries

OOC: Remember, describing attacks will help them do what you want, instead of just shouting them out. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or verbose; just throw in a few sentences about how the attack itself, or the execution of the attack, looks.

=====

IC: Ranger Sara

BP

Raiguy let loose another Thundershock, this one aimed at Gyarados’s tail. The snapping bolt of electricity zipped through the air, and it looked as if Daniel’s plan would work. But then Gyarados flailed around and jerked its tail to one side, thus avoiding the attack. The Thundershock hit the sand, and a weak jolt managed to leap from the ground to Gyarados.

The sea serpent hizzed loudly, but weariness finally caught up with him. His sides heaving, Gyarados slowly fell still, slumping to the sand and looking utterly exhausted. If he’d been a few decades younger, the Thrash wouldn’t have left him so tired, but he was getting on in years. Despite his obvious fatigue, the Gyarados wasn’t to be underestimated. His red eyes took on a distant expression, and after a second he lifted his head and shook his body.

“Gyarados is confused,” I muttered as the Water Pokemon twitched left and right, his fins shaking as he peered at a large bush. Then, Gyarados reared back and opened his jaws, a pillar of fire spilling from behind his fangs. The flames took on a five-pronged, star-like shape, burning bright red as they struck the bush and eagerly burnt it to a crisp.

“Looks like Gyarados thought the bush was Raiguy,” I clarified. “You should probably take advantage of this. If he doesn’t know where Raiguy is, he’ll probably keep attacking the bushes. But if he gets a moment of clarity you’ll be in trouble. Tread lightly!”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Naughty Male Raichu: 56.79%
    ? Male Gyarados: 52.28% ([PAR], [CON])
    =====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
    -13 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    52.28% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items:

Total Pokemon Captured:
    Rash Male Carvanha
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 15th May 2010 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: Remember to describe your attacks. Like I told LightningFast, your details don’t have to be mind-blowingly awesome, but without description, your moves and such won’t be as strong or effective.

=====

BP

Kaya did her best to jump clear of the mud trap, but she was stuck fast. Shellos gloated on the other side of the trap, turning around and wiggling its rear at Kaya mockingly. Kaya, unable to free herself and unhappy about being teased, abruptly reverted to a bright haze of red light, arching through the air and returning to her PokeBall. A second later, Jade emerged from her Ball; the backlash of energy from Kaya’s returning jumped from her Ball to Jade’s, forcing it to let the Flygon out.

Shellos, not knowing what was going on, continued to gloat. Then it turned around, saw Jade instead of Kaya, and let out a startled squeal. More out of shock than anything, Shellos fired another Water Pulse, though this was considerably smaller and weaker than the last one it had used.

“Seems like you’ve caught Shellos off-guard,” I commented. “Now would be a good time to strike, before it can regain its wits.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Serious Female Flygon: 100% (Focus Energy)
    ? Female Shellos: 85.11% (Defense increased) <Using Water Pulse>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
    -11 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
    100% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

71.40%

Total Items:

Lotad (First encounter)
    Seel (Second encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
    n/a
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 15th May 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Akinai grinned at the Shellos' reaction to seeing a very large, angry Flygon in place of the struggling Eevee from before. As Shellos shot out a weaker pulse of water, Akinai tried to think of her next move.

“Seems like you’ve caught Shellos off-guard,” Arunei commented. “Now would be a good time to strike, before it can regain its wits.”

Akinai nodded. "Got it...Let's see, Jade, deflect that Water Pulse with a Supersonic, then be ready to strike with an Earthquake when it's disoriented! Teach that Pokemon that we're not to be taken lightly."

Jade nodded in fierce agreement with Akinai, and began to beat her wings quickly in an odd pattern. In moments waves of sound began to emanate from them and head towards the Shellos.

OOC: Any better?
    Last edited by Akinai; 12th May 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Red face Re: Main RP: The Great Lakes

Daniel watch Gyarados flailing around. "Raiguy, this is the opportunity we've been waiting for! Use double team!" Daniel screamed. Copies of Raiguy shot out of his body, surrounding Gyarados. Which one was the real one? That didn't matter. It may have been like beating a dead horse, but it would be the best chance they got for a head on attack.

"Now, thundershock!" As Daniel knew well, double team was a move that worked by running around so fast, it looked like there were multiple copies of the Pokemon using it. When Raiguy launched a thundershock attack, he proceeded to launch electricity from all different directions. It was like when he had used that electric tornado attack, only bigger. Much bigger. Even the copies that somehow stood upon water were all in perfect sync.

"Wow. Maybe I should think about entering a contest." Daniel said.
    - Me

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast