Main RP: The Great Lakes - Page 26
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: The Great Lakes

Default Re: Main RP: The Great Lakes

@AmericanTreeFrog

We finally exited the cavern and were now in the sun. It felt nice to have that warmth touch my skin. I wish I could go for a swim right now, however, I knew Shadow would not enjoy that so I wouldn't even bring that up.

My ranger stopped for a moment to stretch, then I realized why. We were going to climb that mountain. I was up for it if Phione was up there. I really wanted one and I wanted to be the first to have one.

I was a bit disappointed when a Marill came our way. My ranger motioned for me to hand him a doll, which I did because I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able escape it.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

OOC: @Bumblebee
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Leo
    Area: Great Lakes
    NBP # 13
    /--\

Leo grabbed the toy from his pack just in case the Marill turned to us, but it was too occupied with playing to care about us. I continued along the path as the sounds of splashing receded into the distance.

“Well, we don’t have to worry about that little guy,” I said to Leo. “But let’s keep that Pokedoll out anyway. I want to continue along this stream to the mountain. Water Pokemon will often be seen in it as we head upstream.”

No sooner had I said those words when a small blue and orange Pokemon surfaced from the stream. It had little spikes along its body completed with some sharp looking teeth. I recognized it as the Pokemon Carvanha, a Water Dark type. Most trainers probably would have attempted to battle and catch this Pokemon, but I was pretty sure he had a Sharpedo already.

“I don’t think you want this guy, right?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Name: Leo
    Trainer Items: Honey (5x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Max Potion (5x), Full Heal (5x), Full Restore (4x), Type Repellant (3x), Pokeplayer (1x), Porygon Voice Disk (1x), Electrike Voice Disk (1x), Relicanthe Voice Disk (1x), Khangaskan Voice Disk (1x), Tauros Voice Disk (1x), Rhyhorn Voice Disk (1x), Torkoal Voice Disk (1x), Qwilfish Voice Disk (2x), Solosis Voice Disk (1x) Drilbur Voice Disk (1x), Delibird Voice Disk (1x), Golett Voice Disk(1x), Murkrow Voice Disk (1x), Druddigon Voice Disk (1x), Bouffalant Voice Disk (1x), Sawk Voice Disk (1x), Cubone Voice Disk (1x), Frillish Voice Disk (2x), Throh Voice Disk (1x), Farfetch'd Voice Disk (1x), Zorua Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Ferroseed Voice Disk (1x), Blank Voice Disk (1x), Mienfoo Voice Disk (1x), Timburr Voice Disk (1x), Scraggy Voice Disk (1x), Sneasel Voice Disk (1x), Baby Teeth (1x), Spicy Splendor (5x), Sweet Sensation (5x), Dreamily Dry (5x), Sour Starfruit (5x), Bitter Berry (5x), Mystery Mist (5x), ATablet (1x), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (1x), Soothing Fragrance Max (4x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (18x), Escape Package (3x), Constume (Garden) (1x), Digital Camera (1x + $3,000), Special Map (1x), Hyperball (3x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (4x), Master Ball (1x), Apricorn Box, Apricorn Starter Pack, 1x Blue Apricorn, 1x Yellow Apricorn
    Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining | Wet | Smoke
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lombre ??? | M Remoraid Timid | ??? Feraliagatr ??? | ??? Shellder ??? | ??? Wingull ??? | ??? Azurill ??? | ??? Milotic ??? | Impish Horsea F | ??? Carracosta ??? | M Barboach Jolly | ??? Marill ??? ??? Carvanha ???
    Pokemon Captured: M Remoraid Timid | F Horsea Impish | M Barboach Jolly |
    CC since last encounter: | 0,000 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Houndooom
    Nickname: Shadowpanther
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Gentle
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal, Flame Charge | 100%
    _

*Recolor made by DarkEevee*

Pokemon: Gardevoir
    Nickname: Mindbender
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Calm
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Endure, Focus Blast, Swagger, Giga Impact, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Sunny Day, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Secret Power, Recycle, Toxic, Fling, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Round, Natural Gift, Ally Switch, Shock Wave, Captivate, Psyshock, Facade, Thief, Return, FrustrationIcy Wind, Encore, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Magic Coat, Signal Beam, Memento, Trick, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Double Edge | 64.41%

_

Pokemon: Qwilfish
    Nickname: Misfire
    Ability: Poison Point
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Aqua Jet, Haze, Counter, Pain Split, Swords Dance, Selfdestruct, Surf, Waterfall | 68.26%

-

Pokemon: Carracosta
    Nickname: Snaptrap
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Waterfall | 91.19%
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

@AmericanTreeFrog, lol, didn't expect to get this much MCR.

The stupid Marill left us alone without bothering us for a battle. I was happy for that because I for sure did not and was not going to battle it. I liked Pokémon like that, they knew when to back the hell off instead of pestering me further after I already said I didn’t want to battle them. It was annoying when they didn’t get it because then I had to waste a doll. Of course the dolls weren’t expensive, only being half of a thousand, but they added up after a while. So far I’ve used like four or so, that is two thousand dollars. Now, that isn’t a lot, but I wasn’t working much at this point so I wasn’t getting much money.

“Well, we don’t have to worry about that little guy,” My ranger said to me. “But let’s keep that Pokedoll out anyway. I want to continue along this stream to the mountain. Water Pokemon will often be seen in it as we head upstream.”

“Alright, sounds like a plan. Hopefully that damn Phione comes soon. That is really the only Pokémon I want to find now. Everything else that comes my way will maybe catch my interest. Might even catch them. Might as well right? Not sure if Phione will even come my way today.” I said in response. “Let’s just keep moving.”

While I was babbling on though, my ranger appeared to be staring down at something. I followed his gaze and saw something interesting. It was a small Carvanha. It had a round body covered in tiny, sharp denticles which were used to create hydrodynamic advantages by reducing turbulence when swimming, as well as providing protection against physical attacks. The top half of Carvanha's roughly spherical body is blue, while the bottom half was red with a yellow star-shaped marking below its mouth. The Pokémon had two yellow dorsal fins above its eyes that resembled shark fins. I actually liked the way this Pokémon looked. It was quite interesting to say the least. I wasn’t totally sure if I would capture it though. It did look interesting enough for me to catch though.

“I don’t think you want this guy, right?” He asked me.

“Hmm, not sure yet.” I said to him as I began to consult with my two, well trusted Pokémon.

“What do you guys think” I asked telepathically to both Shadow and Mindbender.

“I think this is both an interesting and strong Pokémon.” Mindbender said.

“Yeah, and their evolved form Sharpedo can be a bitch to beat.” Shadow added.

“Yes, that is agreed on. Especially with that Speed Boost ability. It can definitely prove to be a hassle that that.” Mindbender said. “If anything, it would be good to trade for in the long run.”

“Yeah, but the hard part about trading later on is that I get attached to you guys.” I said. “It’s hard to let them go.”

“Could you let me go?” Shadow said jokingly.”

“Haha, you know I could never let you go.” I said. “You either Mindbender. I couldn’t care less if I was offered all the money in the world or if I could have any other Pokémon. You two are irreplaceable. I don’t know what I’d do without you two by my side.”

“Yeah, I know that.” He said grinning. “Like I’d ever leave you anyways.”

“So would you catch this Carvanha?” Mindbender asked, bringing us back on track.

“I don’t know.” I said. “Cameron has this Pokémon, so I don’t really need to capture it. However, like you said, I could trade it in the long run, if I don’t get attached to it. Let me get some date on it first. I have never battled Carvanha before.” I said to them both. With that I pulled out my Pokedex and pressed the green button which let out the light green light that always shot out.

Carvanha – the Savage Pokémon. Carvanha are pretty small in size. They range from two feet to three and a half feet in size. They also can weigh anywhere between forty to sixty pounds. Carvanha are dual typed Pokémon, being both Water types and Dark types. They have the ability Rough Skin, but can also learn Speed Boost if trained properly. Carvanha have jaws that are powerful enough to tear through a boat hull. Its aforementioned Rough Skin causes contact that feels like getting scrapped by sandpaper. Carvanha is also an exceptionally fast swimmer. It is also capable of using Special-based moves like Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and AncientPower; however, Carvanha doesn't excel at those abilities. This Pokémon is a pack hunter. Swarms of this Pokémon will attack virtually anything in the water with unmatched ferocity. Without the strength of numbers, however, this Pokémon becomes cowardly and shy. This Pokémon lives in warm rivers with other Carvanha and where food is plentiful. Carvanha will eat practically any creature that they can sink their teeth into. If anything invades Carvanha's territory, it will swarm and tear at the intruder with its pointed fangs. An interesting fact about this Pokémon is that although it is a Water type Pokémon, it cannot easily learn any other Water type move besides Aqua Jet.

“Well, “ I said to both Mindbender and Shadow via telepathy. “Sounds like quite the brute. This will be a tough opponent… perhaps. It is by itself though so it may be shy or at least not as confident as it would be with its gang around, sort of like a bully in a way.”

“So who will battle it?” Shadow asked.

“You haven’t battled yet, would you like to?” I asked him.

“Haha, asking me if I want to battle.” He snorted. “Of course I want to battle. Let’s do this.”

“Alright then.” I said observing the battlefield. I knew Shadow could not fight in the water, so he was going to have to battle from where he was, giving Carvanha the advantage, as if it needed it with the advantage it already had by being a Water type. “You won’t have much luck using head on attacking moves or physical moves, so let’s keep our distance and use special type moves. Start us off with Sunny Day, then its combo time, use Solarbeam. Full power isn’t needed here.”

“Be prepared for extreme heat.” I warned my Ranger.

“Sounds like a plan then.” He said to me. He quickly stared down Carvanha. Then, he opened his mouth, barring his razor sharp fangs and created a small white orb. He raised his head and a white beam of light shot out and appeared to be headed in the direction of the sun. If it worked, the area would immediately become incredibly hot and the sunlight from the sun would intensify. This would be the start of my plan, allowing Shadow to use Solarbeam as he pleased.

Normally, Solarbeam took a while to charge up. The user had to gather in sunlight and the process took a bit to do. However, since Sunny Day was used, the sunlight would be incredibly easy to gather, making the attack fire off almost instantaneously. A ball of yellow energy would form in his mouth. The more sunlight in the area, the bigger the ball would form. The bigger the ball, the more powerful the blast would be. There was a lot of sunlight, so I predicted that it would do a lot a damage. This however, was just a guess as the outcome of this was still to come. When he shoots out the beam, it would just look like a long stream of yellow energy, similar in color to the sun. This was just the start of the battle, but if Shadow could get this in, it could also basically be the end. I knew with the sun up that unless Carvanha used Rain Dance to change the weather, the Water attacks that the Savage Pokémon dishes out won’t do as much damage as they normally would, which was a great thing since Shadow was a Fire type. I was glad I at least didn’t have to worry about that. Shadow could battle without having get too damaged by Water attacks. I liked short capture battles, I hoped this was one of them.

BP # 1
    /--\

Leo stared at the Carvanha for a long minute. I noticed his took on an unfocused look and I realized he was using his Gardevoir’s telepathy to communicate with the rest of his Pokemon. They must have come upon a decision because his focused returned and his hand lowered to a Pokeball.

His Houndoom came out from the Pokeball. “Alright then,” he addressed his Houndoom, “You won’t have much luck using head one attacking moves or physical moves, so let’s keep our distance and use special type moves. Start us off with Sunny Day, then it’s combo time, use Solarbeam. Full power isn’t needed here.” He then turned to me. “Be prepared for extreme heat,” he warned.

The Houndoom threw back its head and was about to use his Sunny Day technique when the Carvanha shot from the water and struck against the snout of Houndoom. It was an Aqua Jet, a Water typed move that worked like Quick Attack or Extreme Speed.

The Houndoom recoiled and yelped from the move. But as the Carvanha flopped back into the water the Houndoom managed to get off the beam that would cause the sun to shine more brightly than usual.

A moment after the beam was gone I felt the sun increase in intensity. Where it was actually around seventy-two degrees, it now felt like it was in the nineties. That showed the power of Houndoom.

The Carvanha shrinked away from the brutal sunlight and dived underneath the waves temporary. When it popped up it was close to the bank. Once again it shot from the water and smacked into the side of Houndoom. This time the Houndoom wasn’t as surprised but I could the attack still stung the fire-dog.

Houndoom responded by opening its jaws wide to reveal a glowing ball of energy. It was the color of the sun and glowing so brightly that I couldn’t stare right at it. Because the Carvanha had used Take Down it was still out of the water and in perfect view of the Houndoom. If the Houndoom could have grinned I was sure it would have done so. Instead it simply settled with firing the Solarbeam, which came out as a bright beam of Grass energy. The form of Carvanha disappeared as the beam struck fully. When the Solarbeam at last died away I saw the Carvanha flopping weak on the ground, With one last movement it managed to enter the water. The Solarbeam and Take Down had taken a lot of health away from the Pokemon. It was on its last dregs of energy.

“You might not be able to hit it again,” I cautioned Leo.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Houndoom 67.23%{Used Sunny Day | Solarbeam}
    VS
    Carvanha 16.87%[+2Spd]{Used Aqua Jet | Take Down]

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: Honey (5x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Max Potion (5x), Full Heal (5x), Full Restore (4x), Type Repellant (3x), Pokeplayer (1x), Porygon Voice Disk (1x), Electrike Voice Disk (1x), Relicanthe Voice Disk (1x), Khangaskan Voice Disk (1x), Tauros Voice Disk (1x), Rhyhorn Voice Disk (1x), Torkoal Voice Disk (1x), Qwilfish Voice Disk (2x), Solosis Voice Disk (1x) Drilbur Voice Disk (1x), Delibird Voice Disk (1x), Golett Voice Disk(1x), Murkrow Voice Disk (1x), Druddigon Voice Disk (1x), Bouffalant Voice Disk (1x), Sawk Voice Disk (1x), Cubone Voice Disk (1x), Frillish Voice Disk (2x), Throh Voice Disk (1x), Farfetch'd Voice Disk (1x), Zorua Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Ferroseed Voice Disk (1x), Blank Voice Disk (1x), Mienfoo Voice Disk (1x), Timburr Voice Disk (1x), Scraggy Voice Disk (1x), Sneasel Voice Disk (1x), Baby Teeth (1x), Spicy Splendor (5x), Sweet Sensation (5x), Dreamily Dry (5x), Sour Starfruit (5x), Bitter Berry (5x), Mystery Mist (5x), ATablet (1x), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (1x), Soothing Fragrance Max (4x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (18x), Escape Package (3x), Constume (Garden) (1x), Digital Camera (1x + $3,000), Special Map (1x), Hyperball (3x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (4x), Master Ball (1x), Apricorn Box, Apricorn Starter Pack, 1x Blue Apricorn, 1x Yellow Apricorn
    Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining | Wet | Smoke
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lombre ??? | M Remoraid Timid | ??? Feraliagatr ??? | ??? Shellder ??? | ??? Wingull ??? | ??? Azurill ??? | ??? Milotic ??? | Impish Horsea F | ??? Carracosta ??? | M Barboach Jolly | ??? Marill ??? | F Carvanha ???
    CC since last encounter: | 7,508 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal, Flame Charge | 100%
    _

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Endure, Focus Blast, Swagger, Giga Impact, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Sunny Day, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Secret Power, Recycle, Toxic, Fling, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Round, Natural Gift, Ally Switch, Shock Wave, Captivate, Psyshock, Facade, Thief, Return, FrustrationIcy Wind, Encore, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Magic Coat, Signal Beam, Memento, Trick, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Double Edge | 64.41%

_

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Aqua Jet, Haze, Counter, Pain Split, Swords Dance, Selfdestruct, Surf, Waterfall | 68.26%

-

@AmericanTreeFrog if it catches, end it please and thanks for taking me :]

The problem with me discussing my plans with my Pokémon was that it often took a while. It took time for me to come up with a plan and for me to explain it to my partners. I was going to have to figure out a way to make that go by more quickly. It was because of this that the Carvanha managed to get in an Aqua Jet and a Take Down attack. He caught me off guard, well, the Take Down did anyways. Aqua Jet was notoriously known to be one of the fast strike moves that usually always hits first. It was a good move, but didn’t do too much damage. It did a good amount though because it hit before the sun was intensified, but it didn’t do nearly enough damage to cause me to be worried, I knew Shadow could take that hit. He was one tough Pokémon. In order for Aqua Jet and Take Down to hit, Carvanha had to come out of the water. That was when Shadow struck hard with his Solarbeam attack. It was really nicely played. At least then Carvanha couldn’t evade the attack by going underwater or something.

“Alright, refrain from attacking it anymore, you’ve done all you need to do buddy.” I said to my Pokémon. “That was well done and nicely put out.” I reached into my bag and pulled out a Hyperball. “Looks like this is it.” I said as I enlarged the sphere. I aimed it at the weakened Carvanha and threw the Pokeball. I watched as the Pokeball soared through the air. I felt like calling it a day after I captured this Pokémon. I had not found Phione, but I did manage to get four new Pokémon to add to my team. I was at least satisfied with that, but still disappointed that no Phione came my way… tomorrow perhaps.

BP # 2
    /--\

“Alright, refrain from attacking it anymore,” Leo told his Houndoom. “You’ve done all you need to do buddy. That was well done and nicely put out. Looks like this is it,” he said, pulling out another Hyper Ball from his pack. He enlarged the capture device with a tap to its center button.

He aimed carefully at Carvanha and threw it at the Pokemon. The Pokemon was in the water now and saw the Hyper Ball coming. Apparently it still had some strength left because it flipped up out of the water and slapped the ball right back at Leo, who was stunned by the turn of events.

But the Carvanha wasn’t done, next it focused on the Houndoom. It grinned fiercely at Houndoom and began to swim about in the water, mocking the Houndoom. It was a Swagger attack, one that raised the Houndoom’s attack but made it confused.

“Tough luck,” I said to Leo, but you can still try again.”

//--\\

Battle Stats

Houndoom 67.23%[+2Atk][Con]{Used Hyperball}
    VS
    Carvanha 16.87%[+3Spd]{Used Swagger]

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining | Wet | Sunny
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lombre ??? | M Remoraid Timid | ??? Feraliagatr ??? | ??? Shellder ??? | ??? Wingull ??? | ??? Azurill ??? | ??? Milotic ??? | Impish Horsea F | ??? Carracosta ??? | M Barboach Jolly | ??? Marill ??? | F Carvanha ???
    CC since last encounter: | 9,124 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

_

_

-

@AmericanTreeFrog

“Tough luck,” I said to Leo, but you can still try again.” He said to me. I had miscalculated the health of the Carvanha, something that rarely happened. I wasn't sure why it missed, but I caught the HYperball the Carvanha slapped back at me with my right hand. I examined the Pokemon once more and I was fairly certain that I had calculated right. It must have been that this little guy was just trying to not be caught. I knew I couldn't attack it with any more attacks because that would more than likely knock it out. I was just going to try again. I aimed the Hyperball once more and then threw it again at Carvanha.

"Damn thing better work this time." I mumbled to myself.

NBP # 14
    /--\

With a scowl on his face Leo retrieved the Hyperball at his feet. “Damn thing better work this time,” he mumbled under his breath along with some colorful curses strung together.

I tilted my head at his language, it wasn’t the best I had heard. He could use a little more practice in making it more uniqu. In my view the more original the cursing the better it was.

With a little more force than necessary Leo threw the ball at Carvanha. This time around the Water Pokemon was too weak to put up much of a fight and it was sucked into the ball. The ball drifted to shore as it wiggled furiously, the small fish trying earnestly to break free.

After a few moments the ball settled with a ding and the Pokemon was captured. I retrieved the ball and dropped it in my bag. “Nice run, Leo. Nothing too rare but got four Pokemon and that’s what matters.”

I led him to the entrance where I handed him his Pokemon, signed out of the park area, and I headed back to the office where the paperwork awaited.

//--\\

Run Ended by Request

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining | Wet | Sunny
    Pokemon Captured: M Remoraid Timid | F Horsea Impish | M Barboach Jolly | ??? F Carvanha Lonely
    CC since last encounter: | 0,000 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal, Flame Charge | 67.23%
    _

_

-

end

@Bumblebee

NBP

Ranger Makina Auron

*~~~~~~~~~*

Makina grumbled to herself, looking over at the mound of completed paperwork in front of her for what felt to be the hundredth time today. It had been a week since she had returned a short leave to get situated in her new place in Hoenn and had been greeted with a large amount of documents to go over, but she was already bored out of her mind. The work had been done only a few days after coming back, and the other Rangers had taken all of the available Runs while she had been at work. “There has to be something to do, some section that I missed,” she said, looking at a random sheet once more.

<If you look any more at those, you're going to burn a hole through it,> a mental voice remarked, emanating from a nearby Pokemon. Aria, Makina's Gardevoir, was at the opposite end of the desk, staring over at the mound with clear disinterest.

“If you have a better idea, I'm all ears,” Makina replied, tossing the sheet back with the others. “The board is bone dry, so unless a Run magically appears we're stuck here until the next paper run.” There was a moment of silence between the two as Makina waited for another smart comment, but it never surfaced for some bizarre reason. She looked over at her partner, curious to see the reason why, and was greeted with another paper, this one different from the ones she had just been looking at. “What's this?”

<Our salvation for leaving these monotony it seems. Someone pinned that up on the board a few minutes ago, so I grabbed it before the others could find it,> Aria said with a hint of smugness, obviously proud of herself.

Makina scanned over the list, seeing who this was for. The Trainer's name was Clyde, who wanted to visit the Great Lakes. He was bringing four Pokemon along, all of which seemed like fair choices save one: a Houndoom with a decent amount of moves. Something about this Pokemon, as well as the area, seemed almost eerily familiar. “While I'm not a huge fan of the Lakes, at least it's supposed to be nice and cloudy this time of year. Let's see who is free at the front desk, then let's head out.”

<Way ahead of you,> Aria stated. <I showed one of them the paper before walking back over here.> While Aria was hardly the only Gardevoir owned by a Ranger, all of the others were currently busy, which would quickly identify her to one of the secretaries.

“And if I had not felt like not taking that run?”

<But you did,> Aria replied, and in moments the two were teleported to the Lakes' front gate.

*~~~~~~~~~*

Trainer Stats:

Name: Clyde
    Weather: Overcast
    Area Effects: 20 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics
    :

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal, Flame Charge

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Endure, Focus Blast, Swagger, Giga Impact, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Sunny Day, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Secret Power, Recycle, Toxic, Fling, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Round, Natural Gift, Ally Switch, Shock Wave, Captivate, Psyshock, Facade, Thief, Return, FrustrationIcy Wind, Encore, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Magic Coat, Signal Beam, Memento, Trick, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Double Edge

Pokemon: Kingdra
    Nickname: Smokescreen
    Ability: Swift Swim
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Waterfall, Surf, Ice Beam, Substitute, Hidden Power (Dragon), Rest, Sleep Talk, Rain Dance, Return, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Icy Wind, Protect, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Haze

Pokemon: Floatzel
    Nickname: Bluestreak
    Nature: Adamant
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Waterfall, Bulk Up, Brine, Brick Break, Taunt, Rock Tomb, Roar, Strength, Rain Dance, Baton Pass, Icy Wind, Ice Punch, Switcharoo, Aqua Ring

Items:

Honey (5x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Max Potion (5x), Full Heal (5x), Full Restore (4x), Type Repellant (3x), Pokeplayer (1x), Blank Voice Disk (1x), Baby Teeth (1x), Spicy Splendor (5x), Sweet Sensation (5x), Dreamily Dry (5x), Sour Starfruit (5x), Bitter Berry (5x), Mystery Mist (5x), ATablet (1x), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (1x), Soothing Fragrance Max (4x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (18x), Escape Package (3x), Constume (Garden) (1x), Digital Camera, Special Map (1x), Parkball (3x), Hyperball (5x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (4x), Master Ball (1x), Apricorn Box, Apricorn Starter Pack, 1x Blue Apricorn, 1x Yellow Apricorn

"Hey, hurry up Shadow." I called out to my hellhound. "I heard our Ranger is smoking hot. Maybe I'll get lucky." Shadow just let out a small laugh sounding bark. I walked down the path that was headed straight to the Great Lakes. I knew this guy that was offering an extremely large sum just for someone to legally capture him a Phione. That sum was just too much for me to pass up. I knew that it would be real easy for me to get one illegally, but he wanted it legally so I would have to do it that way. I would just catch anything else that came my way that was worth catching.

When we finally arrived at the gates, I took my shirt off and readied myself to get into the lake once my Ranger arrived and opened the gates..

When she finally arrived I walked up to her. "Hey, I'm Clyde. Where is your bikini? You'd look hot in one. Are you coming in?" I asked her.
    Last edited by Dinobot; 6th April 2012 at 04:31 PM.

@Bumblebee

NBP

Ranger Makina Auron

*~~~~~~~~~*

As the front gate shimmered into sight, Makina spotted her Trainer almost immediately. Rather, he spotted her first- she was still getting her bearings when the young man approached her.

“Hey, I'm Clyde. Where is your bikini? You'd look hot in one, ” Clyde said, greeting Makina.

Great, he's one of
    those types. Makina tried to maintain a polite smile in response, though she would have loved to simply turn around and walk the whole way back to the outpost. She had heard stories from Ivy about those Trainers who thought that the Park was simply a way to pick up chicks, but had thankfully had managed to avoid those. It seemed as if her luck was about to end, unfortunately. “Nice to meet you, Clyde. I'm Makina, and I'll be your Ranger for this Run.” She then walked towards the gate and proceeded to unlock it, motioning for him to walk on through.

“Are you coming in?” Clyde continued, pointing to the closest lake as he passed by.

It was then that Makina noticed that the Trainer was shirtless. “Not unless you want to get one of the locals after you. That particular lake you're looking at has at least one Gyarados residing in it,” she replied, trying her best to not roll her eyes. “I hope for your sake that you actually brought a shirt with you. Overcast or not, the sun is pretty strong in this area.”

Before they could continue on, a loud splash caught their attention. A small, fish-like Pokemon was currently jumping up out of the water in intervals, trying to get the humans' attention. The constant frown and thin blue line lining the creature's body easily identified it to all.

“Speaking of the locals, here is one of them. Interested in a Basculin?” Makina asked Clyde.

*~~~~~~~~~*

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects: 19 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Basculin
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last Encounter: 868

Pokemon Statistics:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal, Flame Charge

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Endure, Focus Blast, Swagger, Giga Impact, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Sunny Day, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Secret Power, Recycle, Toxic, Fling, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Round, Natural Gift, Ally Switch, Shock Wave, Captivate, Psyshock, Facade, Thief, Return, FrustrationIcy Wind, Encore, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Magic Coat, Signal Beam, Memento, Trick, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Double Edge

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Waterfall, Surf, Ice Beam, Substitute, Hidden Power (Dragon), Rest, Sleep Talk, Rain Dance, Return, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Icy Wind, Protect, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Haze

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Waterfall, Bulk Up, Brine, Brick Break, Taunt, Rock Tomb, Roar, Strength, Rain Dance, Baton Pass, Icy Wind, Ice Punch, Switcharoo, Aqua Ring

Items:

Honey (5x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Max Potion (5x), Full Heal (5x), Full Restore (4x), Type Repellant (3x), Pokeplayer (1x), Blank Voice Disk (1x), Baby Teeth (1x), Spicy Splendor (5x), Sweet Sensation (5x), Dreamily Dry (5x), Sour Starfruit (5x), Bitter Berry (5x), Mystery Mist (5x), ATablet (1x), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (1x), Soothing Fragrance Max (4x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (18x), Escape Package (3x), Constume (Garden) (1x), Digital Camera, Special Map (1x), Parkball (3x), Hyperball (5x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (4x), Master Ball (1x), Apricorn Box, Apricorn Starter Pack, 1x Blue Apricorn, 1x Yellow Apricorn

@Akinai They are talking telepathically.

This day looked like a perfect day to go for a swim. I just wish that I had brought diving gear. I might have a better chance of finding Phione down there rather than up here. Phione was a Pokémon that was rarely seen. No one thus far has been known to have owned or captured one. My employer wanted to be the first. With how much he was playing me, it was so worth it. I was definitely going to find one. If not today, then I would just keep coming back until I did. That money was totally worth it. Wasn’t sure why else he wanted it other than it was rare, but I didn’t care. Money was all that was on my mind. I wouldn’t have to ever work again with what he was paying me.

“Are you coming in?” I asked her. “It seems like a wonderful day to go swimming. You should put on a bikini. It would do you justice.”

“Not unless you want to get one of the locals after you. That particular lake you're looking at has at least one Gyarados residing in it,” she replied, ignoring my bikini request. “I hope for your sake that you actually brought a shirt with you. Overcast or not, the sun is pretty strong in this area.”

“Yeah, I have one.” I said. “Haha, she wants me.” I whispered to Shadow once we were out of hearing range. I then looked up at the sun and noticed that it was pretty hot indeed. It would be good for now to have my shirt on, which was unfortunate for Makina because I knew she kept looking back to check me out.

We didn’t even get far. Barely arriving at the lake and a Pokémon was already spotted. I wasn’t sure what it was, but I could hear it splashing around in the water. I carefully moved over towards the edge to get a better look. I knew it couldn’t be a Phione because we just got here and in order to find one, I had to go to places that were secluded or that no one ever went to. That had to be the place where it hid.

I saw a fish Pokémon splashing around in the water. The bottom part of it was green and its top part was black with a bright red stripes on both sides. It had round eyes and spiky fins and a spiky dorsal fin and a big jaw.

“Speaking of the locals, here is one of them. Interested in a Basculin?” Makina asked me.

“Hmm. It sure isn’t a Phione, but I guess it couldn’t hurt to capture this guy.” I responded. I then reached into my bag and pulled out a small rectangular, black and yellow device. I quickly pressed the green button, which in turn sent out a light green light that hit the Basculin’s skin.

Basculin – the Hostile Pokémon. Basculin are small creatures that are about one to two feet in length and weight between forty and sixty pounds. They are Water type Pokémon that can learn the ability Adaptability. Depending on the color, they can also learn Rock Head Mold Breaker or Reckless, some can even learn this all. Basculin is the only Pokémon known to legitimately have four different abilities, most have three. Basculin are violent in nature, and they have a particular dislike for differently colored Basculin. They often form schools of the same color. Red and blue Basculin tend to fight each other immediately upon meeting. Occasionally, opposite colors of these Pokémon will get mixed into the other's school. If is often best to keep these Pokémon separated by color because of how they react upon seeing one another. It can get extremely dangerous to be around them when that happens and can be deadly to each other. Basculin live primarily in fresh water throughout the Unova region. These Pokémon are weak to the common things Water type Pokémon are weak to, Grass and Electric type moves and Pokémon. They can learn some pretty strong moves such as Double-Edge and Waterfall.

“What do you think Mindbender?” I asked her telepathically. “Seems like an interesting Pokémon to catch.”

“I don’t know. Seems too violent for my liking. If you ask me, I would just leave it.” She said.

“I did ask you.” I replied sarcastically. “But I think I want to catch it. If anything it could prove to be useful in battle with that hostility it has. It seems worth it if we can just get it under control.”

“True. That hostility may come in handy for the work you do. Is it worth the training though?” She askd.

“I don’t know. If anything, it could just be a head on attacker.” I shrugged.

“Why not ask what I think?” Shadow asked.

“Because you’re not battling it.” I responded. I could see that he didn’t like being left out though. “But you’re right, I should’ve asked you for your opinion. What do you think?”

“Well,” He said, still sounding a bit angry. “Something like that on our team would be good. She could tear through her opponents easily with those damn teeth, and I’ve seen those savages attack and kill other Pokémon. I would have stopped it, but they were under water and I couldn’t get in. All I could do was watch. I couldn’t look away. It was disgusting. Within a few seconds, I couldn’t see anything because the blood of the Pokémon clouded the area. I would hate to be in the water simply because of how defenseless I would be to the Water Pokémon that would be around me. I’d hate to be eaten alive. Sounds like something a zombie would do.”

“Haha, zombie. That would sort of be kind of cool to have zombies roaming around. Just because it would be fun to destroy them. I don’t see how they can come back to life though. And if they do, why would they want to eat humans and or Pokémon? I don’t know, but those zombie movies make it look so cool.”

“Yeah, especially that Resident Evil movie. That one is one of my favorite zombie movies.” Shadow said.

“I would hate to fight zombie Pokémon though. Imagine what that would be like.” I said. “It would be horrible. You’d have zombies in the air, zombies in the water, zombies in the ground, ghost zombies, zombies everywhere.”

“Yeah, we’d be incredibly fucked by that. I don’t think we’d, or anyone would survive.”

“Hey, you guys. Can you focus on the damn battle?” Mindbender grumbled. “You two get distracted too easily. How did you even get to discussing zombies anyways?”

“We don’t get distracted too easily.” Shadow protested.

“Yeah, Shadow was just telling me about the Basculin group he saw tear through a Pokémon with their teeth and ate it. Then we started talking about how zombies did that as well. I fail to see how we got distracted.” I said. Mindbender just rolled her eyes.

“You two surprise me. I don’t know how you guys got this far or how you get anything done with how easily you get distracted.” She said giggling.

“Ugh, we don’t get distracted.” Shadow barked this time.

“Yeah, we don’t. So let’s get this battle started then.” I said. “Mindbender, use Thunderbolt.” I said aloud.

“Starting off strong then?” She said, stating the obvious.

“Yeah, might as well. With how this Pokémon acts, we can’t afford to play with it like we normally would. It could use Crunch on you with those razor sharp teeth. Imagine what it could do to you. You could get really hurt by that.”

“Or turned into a zombie.” Shadow snorted. I couldn’t help but to laugh either. Mindbender however, simply rolled her eyes. “Put your shirt on already, you’ll get sun burned. Plus, I don’t think our Ranger, Makina, wants to see you anyways.”

“Okay Ms. Attitude.” I said, still laughing. I pulled out my shirt and quickly put it on. It read ‘Hey baby, are you Jamaican? Cause you Jamakin me crazy.’

“Just do your Thunderbolt attack already.” Shadow said as he was now finishing laughing. “We don’t want to spend too much time here.”

“Keep your mouth shut.” Mindbender said, shaking her head. “Do keep in mind that I can easily teleport or levitate you over the water and drop you in.”

“You wouldn’t.” He said. “Or couldn’t, Clyde wouldn’t let you do that to me.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t.” I said. “But still, let’s cool it for now.”

Mindbender sighed and began generating electricity around her body. The sparks made her appear as if she were going Super Sayain. It looked sort of cool. Once she generated enough energy, she would launch the bolt of electricity at the Basculin.

“Hopefully she doesn’t fish fry it with that attack.” Shadow said, beginning to laugh again. I joined him. This was going to be a fun run.

@AmericanTreeFrog - you also get back 1k because you are allowed to bring in 4 Pokemon on Endurance Runs.

Ranger: Alex
    Trainer: Garth Crysis

Commencing...

"Alex, do you copy?" A loud voice said over the radio. Alex lifted his cowboy hat off from his face and stared at the radio. He had been resting since he was on his day off. He knew that as about to end though. He slowly go up and walked over towards it. I picked it up and pressed the button that allowed him to be heard over the other radio.

"This is Alex, what's up?" He asked, partly yawning. "More poachers?"

"No, we believe they are gone for now." Leo said. "I just sent over a Trainer in your direction. He wants to go on a run and since you're already there, why don't you take him."

"Sure, why not. That's what I do, take runs when I am on break." Alex joked. "I'll ring him in from here."

"Hear that Needlenose?" Alex said to his small partner Pokemon, Cubchoo. "We're off of break now. This should be fun. Who knows who we'll encounter... speaking of which. Look at that." He said, pointing across the lake. Alex could see two figures, and one of them appeared to be battling. Alex pulled out his binoculars and checked it out. "Looks like Makina is on a run too. Hmm, these two should have gone on a Team Run. Oh well, maybe next time. For now, maybe we'll meet up with them."

Alex waited for a while. He didn't want to walk all the way back to the main gate, so he pressed a small button on his radio that link him to the radio at the main outpost of the lakes.

"Garth, if you can hear me, I already cleared you to enter so just come on in. I'll meet you at the first lake." Alex said through the radio.

Total Money: $97,300
    Total Items: Parkball * 6, Superballs * 6, Hyperballs * 6, Digital Camera, Energy Root * 6, Energy Powder Plus * 2, Lava Cookie, Apricorn box: White|Black[3]|Red|Yellow[3]|Blue[3], Pokedoll * 15, Poketoy, Fluffy Tail, Slowpoke Tail, Supreme Park Ball

//--\\

Pokemon: Alakazam
    Nickname: Spooner
    Ability: Inner Focus
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: {Thunder Wave , Thunder Punch , Charge Beam}{Ice Punch}{Fire Punch}{Shadow Ball}{Toxic}{Counter , Focus Blast}{Substitute , Sleep Talk , Skill Swap , Protect}{Energy Ball , Grass Knot}{Rain Dance}{Trick Room}{Taunt}{Hidden Power[Dragon]}{Encore | Barrier}

Pokemon: Ludicolo
    Nickname: Musashi
    Nature: Quirky
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: {Surf , Waterfall}{Substitute , Sword Dance , Protect , Hone Claws , Rock Climb , Rest , Sleep Talk}{Icebeam , Blizzard}{Giga Drain , Solarbeam , Grass Knot}{Sunny Day, Hidden Power[Fire}{Toxic}{Brick Break , Focus Blast , Drain Punch , Focus Punch}{Scald}{Leech Seed | Seed Bomb | Synthesis}{Thunder Punch}{Counter}{Icy Wind}{Fire Punch}

Pokemon: Toxicroak
    Nickname: Flipper
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: {Rock Climb , Swords Dance , Protect , Substitute , Work Up , Sleep Talk , Rest , Attract , Return}{X-Scissors}{Rain Dance}{EQ , Bulldoze}{Focus Punch , Brick Break , Low Sweep , Focus Blast}{Stone Edge , Rock Tomb}{Shadow Ball}{Toxic}{Fake Out | Super Fang}{Vacuum Wave | Drain Punch}{Gunk Shot}

Pokemon: Rotom-Wash
    Nickname: Teardrop
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Relaxed
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: {Rain Dance}{Volt Switch , Charge Beam , Thunder , Thunder Bolt}{Shadow Ball}{Will-O-Wisp | HP[Fire]}{Reflect , Light Screen , Psych Up}{Toxic}{Hydro Pump}{Sucker Punch | Pain Split}

BP

Ranger Makina Auron

*~~~~~~~~~*

“Hmm. It sure isn’t a Phione, but I guess it couldn’t hurt to capture this guy,” Clyde replied after giving the Basculin an appraising look. He then pulled out his Pokedex, looking up more information on the creature.

So he's after a Phione, Makina remarked to Aria, who was currently looking over at their Trainer's Houndoom. I thought those were on the no-catch list?

<You're thinking of Manaphy, though Phione are only slightly more common,> Aria responded, though she sounded somewhat distracted. <Did you know that he has a Gardevoir as well?>

Makina waved off the remark, That isn't too strange. Most Trainers like to carry around at least one Psychic Pokemon to help better relay commands to their team. Still, the way Aria had put it came off as somewhat odd. Is something wrong?

<They're all talking to each other telepathically for the moment.> The Gardevoir's mental voice fluctuated from curiosity to slight amusement. <She let me catch a small bit of their conversation... let's just say that I've seen toddlers with a longer attention span.>

Spare me the details then, Makina replied, slightly smirking from the thought.

Moments later, Clyde tossed one of his Pokeballs forward, revealing that sure enough, he owned a Gardevoir as well. The Psychic-type immediately launched into an attack, tossing an electrical bolt towards the Basculin. Aria relayed over the name of the attack: this was Thunderbolt, an Electric-type move that did a decent amount of damage. If it Basculin while it was underwater, the lake would supercharge the attack.

Basculin acted quickly, shooting herself out of the water at lightning speed and ramming Mindbender in the stomach, knocking her on her rear before retreating back into the water. The Water-type was not fast enough to dodge the bolt though; it hit the wild Pokemon dead-on.

Shuddering from the shock, Basculin struggled to regained her composure before moving into her next attack. Leaping up into the air once more, the Pokemon began to move into what appeared to be a victory dance, showing that she had the utmost confidence that Mindbender didn't stand a chance.

“It looks like Basculin is trying to pull a Swagger,” Makina warned. “if it's successful, your Gardevoir will be too angry to properly coordinate its attacks.”

*~~~~~~~~~*

Battle Statistics:

Calm Female Gardevoir: 92% (used Thunderbolt)

??? Female (Red) Basculin: 85% (used Aqua Jet, using Swagger)

*~~~~~~~~~*

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects: 19 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Basculin
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last Encounter: 9037/15,000

Pokemon Statistics:

Items:

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast