Main RP: The Great Lakes - Page 12
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: The Great Lakes

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: The Great Lakes

OOC: Looks like we sure got lucky here, huh?

"The Great Lakes. Last stop. All out!" the conductor yelled at me as the gleaming yellow bus drew to a stop. The door swung open and I hopped out to be greated by a scorching sun and a beautiful view of the hilly grasslands and dense forest, aslwell as the huge blue lake that stretched out into the horizon. The scenery was quite stunning and I eventually had to force myself to stop staring and walk along the stone trail, straight to the ranger outpost. The journey took no longer than five minutes and when I got to the wooden cabin I saw two familiar faces standig outside, looking around.

"Hello," I called out to the pair. "I'm James and I'll be taking you through the Park on this fine day," I beamed. "Nice to see you again Ashley," I smiled recognising a trainer I took through Meteor Valley not too long ago, "and you are Eric, right?" I asked the man standing there. He gave me a brief nod. I recognised him from my days as an aspiring Dojo Leader. He was the Flying Dojo Sensei if I remembered correctly. "Quite a lovely day today. Hope you brought plenty of drinks," I beamed. Seeing the slightly worried looks on their faces I quickly recovered, "but don't worry, the fresh water lakes have some of the nicest water around."

"So, where would you like to go first? We can head straight to the main lake, take a leisurely stroll through the woods or head to the beach and see some of the famous caves. It's all up to you."

~-~

Ranger: James
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Eric:
    Ashley:
    Pokemon Captured:
    Eric
    Ashley
    CC:
    Eric:
    Ashley:

Eric:

Pokemon Stats :

Pokemon: Ambipom
    Nickname: -
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunder Wave, Return, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Taunt, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Facade, Snatch, Shadow Claw, Grass Knot, U-Turn, Counter, Fake Out, Seed Bomb, Low Kick

Pokemon: Kingdra
    Nickname: - Queendra
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rain Dance, Hidden Power (Ghost), Surf, Waterfall, Outrage, Draco Meteor

Pokemon: Togekiss
    Nickname:
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Gentle
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Solarbeam, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower, Hidden Power (Psychic)

Pokemon: Crobat
    Nickname:
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Taunt, Roost, U-Turn, X-Scissor, Brave Bird, Heat Wave, Superfang

Pokemon: Heracross
    Nickname:
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Docile
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Swords Dance, Earthquake

Ashley:

Pokemon Stats :

Pokemon: Gardevoir
    Ability: Synthesis
    Nature: Lonely
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Zen Headbutt, TM33 Reflect

Pokemon: Torterra
    Ability: Overgrow
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM06 Toxic, Superpower

Blog Entries

OOC: I demand you explain what you mean by that

"So this is the Great Lakes is it?" I thought to myself when I first arrived here. "I must say it's certainly a beautiful location." I was always a little hesitant to go to the park, though I had a little help on this trip from my good friend Ashley

"I'm James and I'll be taking you through the Park on this fine day," Our ranger said, he seemed to know how Ashley was due to a previous trip through Meteor Valley that she took with him as her ranger not too long ago, which she had mentioned to me on more than one occasion "and you are Eric, right?" I turned to James and gave him a nod "That is correct."

"So, where would you like to go first? We can head straight to the main lake, take a leisurely stroll through the woods or head to the beach and see some of the famous caves. It's all up to you." James said to the two of us with a smile on his face.

"Well it doesn't matter all that much to me, because I'm good with anywhere around here really since it's all so nice looking. I'll leave this decision in your hands Ashley, wherever you want to start with is fine by me so its your call."
    Last edited by Ebail; 24th December 2010 at 10:47 AM.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841
    Stats or something

When I came to the cabin Ebail was already there. It seemed like the cabin was locked and the ranger away. I was starting to be worried that he forgot about it. However, I knew that James was a responsible ranger and would certainly come. While I was waiting for him to show up I checked my Pokeballs. This was my second time in park but despite this I was a bit nervous. I finished my last run quite abruptly and I hoped James wasn't angry with me for it.

Both my Pokeballs we prepared to be used anytime. I was wondering whether I should let my two Pokemon out a bit so that they could get used to the Great Lakes as this area was called. I wasn't surprised by this name when I saw the surroundings. It was stunning. The beautiful blue lake was stretching everywhere I could see and all around it was a green cover. Whether it was light green grassland or a drak green forest. In front of the lake was a beach where were some dark caves.

I got disturbed by a noisy yellow bus that was heading towards us. It stopped next to the cabin and a familiar face came out of it.
    "Hello," James waved at us and smiled. I picked up my backpack from ground, where I put it earlier, and looked at ground. James continued when he was sure that we both noticed him.
    "I'm James and I'll be taking you through the Park on this fine day,"
    He looked at us both and then turned to me with a big smile on his face.
    "Nice to see you again Ashley," he said but continued fast enough to prevent me from saying the same to him.
    "and you are Eric, right?" This time he turned to Eric who gave him a brief nod. Seeing as we both were a bit untalkative he decided to continue and, hopefully, make us talk.
    "Quite a lovely day today. Hope you brought plenty of drinks," I knew I forgot something and I realised this was it. I had an urge to facepalm myself for being so stupid and not bringing much to drink on this hot day. James noticed it and added.
    "But don't worry, the fresh water lakes have some of the nicest water around."

Then he turned to the lake and it was obvious that our trip had just strated.
    "So, where would you like to go first? We can head straight to the main lake, take a leisurely stroll through the woods or head to the beach and see some of the famous caves. It's all up to you.

I was really bad at deciding so I hoped Eric would do it but he threw at me.
    "Well it doesn't matter all that much to me, because I'm good with anywhere around here really since it's all so nice looking. I'll leave this decision in your hands Ashley, wherever you want to start with is fine by me so its your call."

I gave a gentle sigh as an answer and looked around. My pokemon weren't really suited to the harsh and cold interior of caves and Torterra would surely prefer some green suroundings. Gardevoir, too, would feel batter in a bit calm atmosphere.
    "I think the woods would be better." I slowly answered hoping they wouldn't get angry and looking at ground. I was really bad at deciding things. If we were to run into something dangerous I was sure I would feel really bad for it.
    Last edited by HikaruIzumi; 24th December 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, SIR.

"Well it doesn't matter all that much to me, because I'm good with anywhere around here really since it's all so nice looking. I'll leave this decision in your hands Ashley, wherever you want to start with is fine by me so its your call," Eric said non-chalantly. The pair of us turned to look at Ashley.

"I think the Woods would be better," Ashely replied.

"Nice choice."

We started heading downhill towards the much cooler, dark forest ahead. It would provide a great cover against the harsh sunlight, so I was certainly happy with the choice. As we approached the grass grew longer and wilder and huge trees littered the scenery. We paused outside the forest and looked into the dark interior. Not much could be seen except for a small river trickling along by the forest's inside. We carried on until we came to a damp, muddy clearing.

"Stomp, Stomp!" a Pokemon squealed, running out from behind a log and jumping onto the mud below. "Marshstomp?" the Pokemon said, looking at the humans approaching. "STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!" the Water type cried and a little fish flopped out of the water, wondering what the noise was. The small fish had a butterfly-like tail and it hopped forward, also interested in the humans.

"Here's a Marshstomp and a Finneon," I said. "Interested in either of them?"

~-~

Pokemon Encountered:
    Eric: Marshstomp/?/??
    Ashley: Finneon/?/??
    Pokemon Captured:
    Eric
    Ashley
    CC:
    Eric: 1,109
    Ashley: 3,123

Eric:

Pokemon Stats :

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunder Wave, Return, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Taunt, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Facade, Snatch, Shadow Claw, Grass Knot, U-Turn, Counter, Fake Out, Seed Bomb, Low Kick

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rain Dance, Hidden Power (Ghost), Surf, Waterfall, Outrage, Draco Meteor

Nickname:

Nickname:
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Taunt, Roost, U-Turn, X-Scissor, Brave Bird, Heat Wave, Superfang

Nickname:

Ashley:

Pokemon Stats :

"Nice choice." James said and we all started walking towards the dark green vegetation as if he ordered it. We went down the hill towards the Lake but then changed our path and continued towards the forest. It was getting a little bit colder as we were getting closer to our goal. The grass became thicker and our view on the lake was slowly becoming covered by trees.

I was looking around the area when suddenly I stepped into something wet and squishy. At first I thought that I was lucky enough to some across some Pokemon's toilet but I realised that I was standing in mud. I looked around and realised that the scenery had changed a little. Mud was all around us. I quickly moved backwards from it, just in time to dodge a splash of mud.

"STomb tomb tomb!!" A rather big blue Pokemon happily shouted as it was having fun in the mud. It didn't take long for it to notice that it was watched by strangers. After a while of thinking, it realised that we could posses a thread. It started screaming as if it was trying to warn other Pokemon about our presence.

It didn't work completely because it made one pretty fish Pokemon curious. It softly jumped from water and looked all over the place. It was really pretty and had unusual coloration. I had to admit that I liked it for its courage to get this close to us without getting scared. I smiled at it and walked a bit closer to it. It kept looking at me, waiting for my next move. I came even closer but it still didn't move an inch. It didn't take me long to realise that this Finneon seemed a little dumb to me. The reason for its behaviour wasn't courage but the fact that it didn't realise the danger we would posses if we wanted to hurt it.

I returned to where I was before I got interested in the fish Pokemon and looked at it from distance. Its look didn't chagne even a little. It was still making that curious face that was saying that it hadn't met people many times if at all. Maybe I was too mean to it and it was simply too jung to realise what could happen. However, I didn't really care for the reason. It was careless and I didn't want a Pokemon like that on my team.

I looked at the Marshtomp and remembered my Swampert when it was just a Marshtomp too. It loved playing in mud making mud castles and throwing mudballs at everything that moved. It grew up form that behaviour but it still enjoyed mud bath. One Swampert was certainly enough for me.

"I think I'll pass on these Pokemon. They are really nice but I just don't need them. I'd rather catch something else."

I realised that I hadn't talked to Eric much yet so I decided to use this opportunity to change it. he was a really good friend of mine so I didn't want my pointless nervousity to make him think that I ignored him.
    "What about you?? Marshtomp is a good Pokemon and Finneon is cute."

Blog Entries

OOC: Sorry about the delay

"I think I'll pass on these Pokemon. They are really nice but I just don't need them. I'd rather catch something else." Ashley said showing no interest in these two Pokemon

"I agree with Ashley on this one, Marshtomp is a nice Pokemon but I have no need for one right now, and while Finneon is cute I also have no need for one right now." I said with a smile.

I then turned my head to Ashley and said "Heh you sure were fast to decide to run from these two Pokemon, but that's alright since I didn't want either one anyway."

"So James since we are deciding to not battle these two Pokemon do we just continue on our way?" I was hoping James wouldn't find my question dumb since this was my first ever time being in the park
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

OOC: Just a reminder that I can't do these stats for the next few days

BP:

"Yeah, usually we can just move on. Although, sometimes Pokemon might still want to battle," I replied to Eric. "Any more questions, feel free to ask."

My two trainers seemed reluctant to fight the nearby Water types. It was alright though, hopefully we could move onwards without any problems. We began go walk around the Marshtomp, heading deeper into the woods, but Eric suddenly fell behind. As I spun around I saw the Marshtomp clinging on to his legs, smearing mud onto his troisers. I resisted the urge to laugh as I walked back to see him trying to shake off the Marshtomp. As I advanced I heard a soft growl and saw the Finneon, hopping over to Ashley.

"Looks like they sure want to fight," I laughed. "I'll send out my Pokemon just in case things get a little out of hand. "Skarmory, come on out girl," I shouted as I threw a Pokeball forward. A large, metallic bird appeared in a flash of white light. "Skarmory, let's get that Marshtomp off our trainer," I sighed. "She shot forward and gave the Marshtomp an intimidating glare until the friendly Pokemon backed off.

-*-

Battle stats:
    Finneon/?/?? 100%
    Marshtomp/?/?? 100% (slightly intimidated)

~-~

Pokemon Encountered:
    Eric: Marshstomp/?/??
    Ashley: Finneon/?/??
    Pokemon Captured:
    Eric
    Ashley

Eric:

Pokemon Stats :

Nickname:

Nickname:

Nickname:

Ashley:

Pokemon Stats :

Last edited by Synthesis; 3rd January 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: Its fine

IC: "Whoa easy there fella." I said as the Marshtomp started clinging to my legs. "Uh can I get a little bit of help here?"

James then sent out his Skarmory and used it to get Marshtomp off my legs by intimidating it

"Look Marshtomp you seem like a friendly Pokemon however I currently don't have any need for you, sorry if that seems harsh but its true."

I turned my head to James and said "Hey James, can I have a Pokedoll here? They're 500 right?" I said reaching into my pocket to pull out some money. "Cause in this situation I can certainly use one"
    Last edited by Ebail; 28th December 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Stats or something

OOC: No problem.

IC:
    We were continuing on our way when I noticed that Eric was nowhere to be seen. I looked around and found him lying on the ground with the Marshtomp we met earlier stuck to his leg. I chuckled but quickly ran to him and tried to help him to shake the stubborn Pokemon off but it was no use. While I was doing that the Finneon jumped to me and growled so gently that it sounded like purring. It obviously didn't want to let us go just like that. I smiled at it and shook my head to indicate that I really didn't want to fight. It got a little sad but it growled again which meant it wanted to battle anyway. I looked at the small fish and I had to admit that it was cute but our last meeting ensured me that catching it would be a bad idea.

I noticed that James sent out his Skarmory that made Marshtomp leave Eric's leg alone. However, it didn't look like it wanted to leave and kept watching Eric, probably hoping he would try to catch it. Eric stood up and asked James to sell him a Pokedoll to chase the Marshtomp away but my stalker didn't like the fact that I was ignoring it and growled again. It looked a bit angry and sad that I wanted to leave it here. I just sighed because the little Pokemon was really annoying and I couldn't imagine it battling Torterra or Gardevoir. Torterra was too strong for it and would probably smash several trees into bits with it and Gardevoir wouldn't enjoy battling alone too much.

In the end I decided to do the same as Eric did so I came to James, ignoring the fish Pokemon.
    "Can I buy a Pokedoll too??" I took out my money from my wallet and took out $1000 before he had the time to reply and gave it to him. I wasn't sure how much he would ask for so I gave him more expecting change back.

Blog Entries

OOC: post money deductions here please

NBP

"Hey, James, can I have a Pokedoll here? They're 500, right?" Eric asked, looming away from the lonely Marshtomp.

"You sure can," I said. He handed me the money and I tossed him a little Azurill doll. He flung it upwards and it got caught in a low tree branch. Marshtomp began to climb up the tree trunk, seeing a new target.

"Can I have a Pokedoll too?" Ashley asked.

"Of course," I said. A few seconds later she threw the Cleffa Pokedoll out and it landed in the stream with a splash. The Finneon hopped after it as it drifted along the stream.

"Let's continue on. This trail here leads to the saltwater caves. That is where sea-dwelling Pokemon reside."

We carried on for the next few minutes, the trees disappearing and the muddy ground changing to soft silky sand and some rocks. Suddenly, we came to a stop outside a little salty pool that disappeared into a cave. We decided to enter the cave and I saw a Squirtle dancing on the rocks, solemly. It looked quite sad. A blue head appeared out of the water follwed by two tendrils. The Tentacool seemed to enjoy the show.

~-~

Pokemon Encountered:
    Eric: Marshstomp/?/??, Squirtle/?/??
    Ashley: Finneon/?/??, Tentacool/?/??
    Pokemon Captured:
    Eric
    Ashley

Eric:

Pokemon Stats :

Nickname:

Nickname:

Nickname:

Ashley:

Pokemon Stats :

Last edited by Synthesis; 3rd January 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: $2,500-$500=$2,000

I watched the Pokedoll hit a tree and saw Marshtomp happily climb after it. "Poor guy he must just want someone or thing to play will, shame that I didn't want to catch it."

As Ashley and myself continued along the way with James we came across a Squirtle who was dancing and a Tentacool who was watching. "Squirtles certainly are cute little Pokemon however I have no interest in catching one at this time so I'd like to continue on. However Ashley if you'd like to stick around here to battle the Tentacool then I will stay." I said to Ashley waiting to see if she wanted to battle these Pokemon
    Stats or something

OOC: $2,850 - $500 = $2,350

IC:
    James took out a Cleffa Pokedoll and thre it into river that was next to us. I watched the small fish Pokemon jumping after, proabbly thinking it was its oponent. Before it could realise it was just a doll, the Pokemon got drifted away. I felt an urge to wave it but I stopped myself and just smiled. I could see the Pokemon jumping from the water, possibly looking for the Pokedoll. It was certainly a cute and funny Pokemon but too funny for a Pokemon I'd want in my team.

"I hope it will find a trainer that will want to catch it." I said following my two friends.

Slowly the scenery was changing from trees and to rocks and sand. At first there were rocks only occasionally but as we continued, we encountered more of them and tehy were slowly getting bigger and bigger. Soon, we arrived to a cave with a small lake that disappeared into it. It was light blue which meant it was salty. I was wondering whether we would find its stream in the cave because it was strange to see a salty lake without a connnection to sea. I was wondering what caused this unusual occurrence but couldn't come up with anything.

We intended to go in and look around but when we got closer we saw a small blue Pokemon dancing on a rock. But it didn't look as if the Pokemon was doing that for fun because it had a serious look on its face. When I looked better I realised that the look was a little sad. It was certainly strange that this Pokemon was dancing here and even strager was the fact that it wasn't dancing for pleasure. I started wondering whether it was trying to summon something. I chuckled by the thought of it summoning rain.

There was a soft splash and when I looked where it came from I saw top of a head and two tentacles that were holding a rock, probably to makerising from water easier. The Tentacool watched the Squirtle with interest in his eyes but for some reason it didn't come out of the water completely. Maybe it was shy or scared of us but for some strange reason I liked that Pokemon.

"Squirtles certainly are cute little Pokemon however I have no interest in catching one at this time so I'd like to continue on. However Ashley if you'd like to stick around here to battle the Tentacool then I will stay." Eric interrupted the complete silence seemingly bored of the scene.
    I looked at the Pokemon in the pool again and had to admit that something about it was making me catch it.

"Well, even though it seems like you're in a hurry I'd like to try to catch that little one." I said pointing at the Tentacool who was still captivated by the dancing Squirtle.

I grabbed one of my Pokeballs And threw it on the ground. Out of it my starter, Gardevoir, came looking confusedly around. She calmed down a bit when she saw me.

"Hey, Gardevoir, you haven't battled for a long time and you are quite strong so I thought you would want to give this a try." I bended to her patting her on her head. My comment on her power obviously made her happy and she nodded. However, Tentacool didn't seem to be interested in us.

"Let's use confusion to make it notice us!" I said and Gardevoir quickly responded. She was probably looking forward to the battle herself. Her eyes started shinning light violet and it covered her eyes completely when it was prepared to be used. Gardevoir unleashed it with a loud cry and beams of violet light flew from her eyes towards the poison type.

Blog Entries

OOC: Ebail, you can choose to witness the battle or help Hika. It's up to you really

IC - BP

Ashley watched the Tentacool with interest. I got a slight feeling she might be interested in this one, evwn before she decided to battle, or said anything for that matter. Eric, on the other hand, seemed a bit distant and didn't look overly interested in the battle.

"Hey, Gardevoir, you haven't battled for a long time and you are quite strong so I thought you would like to battle," Ashley said as a human-like Pokemon appeared. The Emotion Pokemon had stark violet eyes and a silkt green dress-like part that billowed softly in the wind. "Let's use Confusion to make it notice us!" Ashley commanded her Gardevoir.

Gardevoir whipped the hair out of her intense eyes as she summoned energy. A few seconds later a small sbockwave rippled across the water's surface. Tentacool ducked into the water in alarm. But, the shockwave hit the unaware Squirtle knocking it off of the rock and into the water.

"Tenta, tenta!" the Tentacool popped out of the water and wrapped its long tendrills around the Gardevoir, squeezing her tightly, trapping her.

-*-

Battle stats

Gardevoir/F/Trace 96%

Vs.

Squirtle/?/?? 100% + Tentacool/?/?? 100%

~-~

Pokemon Encountered:
    Eric: Marshstomp/?/??, Squirtle/?/??
    Ashley: Finneon/?/??, Tentacool/?/??
    Pokemon Captured:
    Eric
    Ashley

Eric:

Pokemon Stats :

Nickname:

Nickname:

Nickname:

Ashley:

Pokemon Stats :

Last edited by Synthesis; 3rd January 2011 at 12:32 PM.

I was watching with my mouth open as the Confusion missed Tentacool and hit Squirtle instead making it fall into the lake with a loud splash.

"Garde!" Gardevoir shouted in shock when she saw what happened. She turned to me and started blabbering in apology when the other water type jumped from water right next to her. She froze for a moment and only had the energy to turn around slowly. I started shouting at her to run awaybut it was pointless since she was completely stunned from the shock. The water type rose its tentacles and wrapped them around her with angry look in its face. Gardevoir seemed to be in pain but it wasn't anything serious.

"Gardevoir, Teleport out of its grasp." Gardevoir closed her eyes and made nearly singing sound. Then, she started glowing bright light that changed into rainbow. She was completely covered in the raibow coloured glow but it was still possible to see her dimly. Soon a light blue aura appeared around her compeltely outlining her body. It completely engulfed her and then there was a flash of bright light and Gardevoir disappeared leaving a confused Tentacool. A few seconds afterwards, she appeared by my side prepared to continue the battle.

"Seems like we've caught Squirtles interest as well. Let's keep it busy for a while. Use Double Team!" Gardevoir closed her eyes oonce again and put her hands together on her chest as if she was praying. Then, she started shinning bright white and soon two figures that looked exactly like her detached from her body on sides. The light then disappeared and there were three Gardevoirs doing exactly the same movement at the same time. They talked for a while and two of them, probably those fake ones, ran over to where Squirtle was standing.

"Good, seems like we're ready to continue. Use Psychic!" Gardevoir's eyes started shinning bright blue and she crossed her arms. They started shinning as well as if energy was moving into them. After a while she stretched them and two light blue waves of energy shot at Tentacool. They were sharp as blades and flew at high speed.

Blog Entries

OOC: Oh fine I'll help some, and sorry if this isn't the best battle post but its my first time doing one so

IC: "Looks like you could use some help over here. That Tentacool looks like a tricky one." I said to Ashley as she told her Gardevoir to use Psychic on Tentacool

"You know there is a chance it will dodge again right?" I asked Ashley "The only way to make sure it will stay down to take a hit is to make sure it won't be able to move much, leave that to me."

"Come on out Togekiss" I yelled grabbing one of my Pokeballs. After that a Togekiss came out of the ball with a big smile on its face. "Toge Toge!" It said with a lot of energy. "You certainly seem happy today Togekiss, that's good because I need your help to battle." Togekiss turned and looked at me with a confused look because it knew that I knew it didn't like to battle.

"Don't worry I know you don't like attacking much so you won't be doing much attacking. You see the Tentacool over there Togekiss? Well I need you to use Thunder Wave on it."

I watch as Togekiss released a small ball of energy from its mouth that turned into several waves of electricity. The electricity quickly shot as fast as a bolt of lightning towards Tentacool and would hopefully hit the target.
    Stats or something

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast