Main RP: The Botanic Gardens - Page 7

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

Default Re: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

"Sela, it's just trying to distract you from the battle!" I didn't see how Shroomish could be crying when it attacked first and we hadn't countered it; I could only see it trying to lower Sela's mental defenses and will to fight. It seemed to have some effect already, and I figured it best to counter it rather than urge Sela to keep fighting it; if she could see through it, she'd be able to resist it, but if she couldn't, it would just irritate her trying to force her to ignore it.

"Sela, focus yourself and use Calm Mind. We're not going to attack just yet."

It was probably best to wait for the Fake Tears to end before attacking, I figured, or else if Sela hadn't gotten over it she'd probably feel guilty and lose some of her ability to fight the Shroomish.

BP
    "Sela, it's just trying to distract you from the battle!" Siless said. "Sela, focus yourself and use Calm Mind. We're not going to attack just yet."

Sela heeded her trainer's advice and her face returned to a neutral expression. Closing her eyes it began to use the Calm Mind technique. It was a very useful tactic.

At these words, the tears stopped. The Shroomish stomped its feet as its trick had failed. Rather than try to be sneaky once more it decided all out attack would be a better. Shroomish sent of a green beam of energy that connected the two Pokémon, it seemed to sap the energy from the Embrace Pokémon
    -------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 100% - {Used Giga Drain}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 83% [SAFE][SPA+1] - {Used Calm Mind}

Encounters Remaining: 13
    Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig, Happiny, Shroomish
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 1449/9000

Name: Siless
    Total Items: 5x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 2x Hyper Ball, 2x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 3x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 1x Calming Fragrance Plus

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)
    Pokemon: Gardevoir
    Nickname: Sela
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Mild
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up

Pokemon: Ludicolo
    Nickname: Teddson
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Dragon, Surf, Attract, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Strength, Giga Drain, Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Ice Punch, Substitute, Brick Break

Pokemon: Mismagius
    Nickname: Missy
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Sassy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flash, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Protect

I was glad Sela could see through the Fake Tears; Shroomish, however, seemed frustrated, and it began sapping energy from Sela.

"Alright, Sela, time to attack. Push it back and hold it up with a Confusion attack!"

Sela began to glow blue over the green beam of her own energy leaving her body; a simple attack like Confusion would be better over a more powerful one while she's being drained, I figured. I began to wonder if Shroomish could maintain its offensive push while immobilized and possibly confused, but we hadn't been battling long enough to see its skill level, so I couldn't tell.

OOC: I'm being a bit generous, maybe try and up the length/quality a bit. I know nature wise you don't have much to go on but yeah more description would be a good way to boost character count.

BP

"Alright, Sela, time to attack. Push it back and hold it up with a Confusion attack!"

The blue aura grew all over the psychic type as well as the energy sapping beam. It swalled the green beam and began to feed along the beam towards the small Grass type. It let out a cry of pain as the blue beam surrounded the small Pokemon. The wave of psychic energy crashed over the Shroomish.

Its eyes glazed over as the confusion over took its body its mind became full of a grey fog. He tried to reach for an an attack within its mind. It reached hopelessly through the mist and held onto nothing. As it grasped onto the fog within its mind it fell forward smacking its head upon the floor.

River fluttered around unusually quiet, You ok, River? You aren't your usual sarcastic self, Buzz thought.

"Oh, erm its nothing." In a flash of pink light she had vanished once more.

Well, that was odd.

Meanwhile the Shroomish appeared to now be concentrating hard once more, the gentle sun beamed down upon it as it absorbed some of the energy. At first Buzz thought it was preparing a Solarbeam but the glow forming around Shroomish was different.
    -------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 87% [CONFUSED][ATT/SPA+1] - {Tried to Attack, failled then used Growth}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 83% [SAFE][SPA+1] - {Used Calm Mind}

Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 1449/9000

Total Items: 5x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 2x Hyper Ball, 2x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 3x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 1x Calming Fragrance Plus

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Dragon, Surf, Attract, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Strength, Giga Drain, Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Ice Punch, Substitute, Brick Break

I watched as the Shroomish took power from the sun; it didn't look like it was prepared to attack with it, and instead was taking it for itself..

"Sela, block out the sun with a Rain Dance!" The attack had no hope of interrupting its current Growth, but I knew Shroomish gained some strength from sunlight, and any blockage would help in battle.

Sela twirled into a pirouette, her dress-like appendage flowing just above the ground. The attack normally took a short time to take place, but luckily Sela knew how to incorporate evasive maneuvers into her dance. Well.. we practiced them. We hadn't quite been able to use them in battle yet, since my specialization switched away from Pokémon that were useful in Rain to more general weather manipulation. It reminded me that I had to get Sela a TM for Sunny Day; I wondered if she would be able to activate it in the same way and get more use out of our training.

"Keep an eye out for Shroomish's attacks, but focus on Rain Dance until the sun is completely blocked out." With a strong enough Rain Dance, the sun would hopefully be blocked out for a couple of battles and we wouldn't have to set it up again. Still, all it took was a bit of time, and with Sela's wishes and (hopefully effective) evasive-dancing, we'd have all the time in the world.

OOC: That was better.

BP
    "Sela, block out the sun with a Rain Dance!" Siless said, Sela nodded and began to twirl in an enchanting dance. Soon the sky started to darken and small drops of rain began to fall, lightly at first. Buzz quickly released an item ball; assortment of larger items emerged, including a rather explicit blow up doll. "Keep an eye out for Shroomish's attacks, but focus on Rain Dance until the sun is completely blocked out."

"DAMNIT! Nice job James, but expect payback for that one," Buzz said to himself smiling. James his fellow ranger; he enjoyed a good prank, but Buzz would get his vengence. Buzz continued searching through the haul of large items before finally finding the large umbrella. He quickly returned all the other items into his item ball. It was now raining very heavily, and the sky was completely black.

The sky flashed bright shades of yellow as lightning struck out in the distance. Fear crept across the small shroomish's eyes, as it looked up into the black of the sky it began to panic. It charged forward and leapt at the Gardevoir who was still dancing. Shroomish jumped up into the air diving at Gardevoir, but Sela easily avoided the first attack, leaving Shroomish on the floor covered in mud.

It wriggled back now all covered in dark mud, without the sun, it was now very difficult to even see Shroomish. Buzz just about made out its shadow as it leapt through the air again into another Body Slam. Sela couldn't spot it in time, both Pokémon were flung into the muddy ground. A murky water splashed all over, but Buzz managed to lower his umbrella, shielding him from the mud, just in time.

-------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 83% [CONFUSED][ATT/SPA+1] - {Used Body Slam}{Covered in mud = Hard to see in the dark}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 74% [SAFE][SPA+1] - {Used Rain Dance}

[RAINING HEAVILY, SKY IS BLOCKED OUT COMPLETELY]

Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 2751/9000

The Shroomish was now covered in mud, and it blended in too well to... everything, at this point, seeing as the sun was completely blocked. Sela stopped her dance upon being hit by the almost invisible mushroom. The Rain Dance was certainly powerful enough for our purposes, but we had a separate problem on our hands now.

Shroomish was hard to see given that it was covered in mud with a completely blocked-out sun. Sela had an attack I rarely ordered under the notion of "fighting fair", as it entirely disrupted the opponent's ability to hit and, therefore, fight. I only just now started using it for utility purposes, and it was probably a good idea to use it to defend myself when we weren't in such "official" battles anyways...

"Sela, pinpoint Shroomish with a Flash, and send Psychic waves in its direction!" As soon as I let out my command, I saw a bright flash for an instant; my vision blurred at its intensity, but Sela seemed unaffected. Just as my vision came back to me, I saw bright blue waves emanating from Sela moving away from me; I assumed that was where the Shroomish was.

BP
    "Sela, pinpoint Shroomish with a Flash, and send Psychic waves in its direction!"

Buzz blinked as a bright light was emitted from Gardevoir. For the shortest of moments, Buzz caught a glimpse of the small mushroom Pokémon on the floor. Sela also saw the Pokémon and sent off a Psychic attack, the purple waves of energy just visible in the dark. Buzz wasn't sure it hit until there was a small wail of pain.

Then Buzz noticed the faint blue aura around Gardevoir ended, this was not good. Sela's Safeguard against status attacks had worn off.

Suddenly Sela plummeted to the floor with the small green mushroom on top of her. Another Body Slam from the Shroomish, it was clearly still frustrated at Siless and Sela.

Buzz's mind drifted from the battle, suddenly all he could see was a flash of pink light and a glance down and he was inside River's body, looking at her wing there was blood dripping. The shock of the sight pulled Buzz out of her mind and back into his own.

"River!" Buzz yelled out suddenly. Teleport back to me now! He thought but there was no response, only silence. An awful silence, not just River ignoring him, it was as if she couldn't respond.

-------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 52% [ATT/SPA+1] - {Used Body Slam}{Covered in mud = Hard to see in the dark}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 65% [SPA+1] - {Used Psychic}

Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 3849/9000

"River!"

"Sela, Flash, now!" Upon hearing the distressed call, I didn't really care about the Shroomish. I had much different priorities, and those involved being able to help Buzzer without tripping over my own feet. A dim light slowly enveloped the field; we could all see, as opposed to the last Flash which blinded everyone but Sela. I grabbed the two other filled Pokéballs that I brought along. They both burst open, releasing orbs of light that formed into the other two Pokémon I brought: Missy, my Mismagius, and Teddson, my Ludicolo.

"Missy, Levitate up and search for Buzz's Xatu or anything that looks out of the ordinary. If you find anything, mark your trail with a series of Flash attacks and try to keep Xatu out of harm's way. Teddson, you search the area around here on foot using your Rain Dish to give you stamina for the search. If you find Xatu, protect her and get her to safety, then mark your location with a Hydro Pump to the sky so we can find you." My Pokémon looked confused; not at the orders, they knew fully well what I meant for them to do, but more confused at why I gave those orders. "Buzz's Xatu is most likely in danger, and we need to get her to safety. And if you can't find anything at all, get back to the Ranger Outpost; it's the only place besides the large glass greenhouses with any artificial lighting in the area."

I heard Sela's mental voice, most likely directed towards the Shroomish; We have a problem. A Psychic Pokémon seems to have lost her connection with her trainer, and her life may very well be in danger. I can't finish our battle now. With this, she fell to her knees and started focusing... trying to catch any residual psychic energy that may be River's to be able to pinpoint where she was.

I had brought only three Pokémon, all of them lost to the search for River, and none able to battle Shroomish. Not that I would've been able to battle Shroomish had I brought even more; I'd ask them to help with the search too. I didn't want the Shroomish to leave, but there wasn't much stopping it. I really didn't want it to attack while we were defenseless, either, but there was much less preventing that... What would be best would for it to at least try to help us, but I couldn't convey that to the Shroomish without Sela's help or a bit of training and both were out of the question at the moment.

"Buzz!" I turned to the stunned ranger. I had no clue how far River could have gone, and our priorities were to find out where she was. "Did you hear or see anything about the location that may make it easier to find?"

I turned myself so I could watch both Buzz and the Shroomish; any hint from Buzz would help in the search, but right now, Shroomish was a much larger threat than before, since I had no Pokémon ready to defend us. I could only hope it wanted to be helpful given what Sela told it.

BP
    Buzz fell to floor as a blinding light was shone in the gardens. Buzz watched vacantly as a bustle of activity. Siless was rushing to Buzz's aid. A flurry of Pokémon were released and sent searching for River. Buzz watched as the Shroomish charged but was blinded by the light stumbled and crashed into a nearby fallen tree.

While Siless' Pokémon all set off on their respective routes searching for the lost Xatu, Buzz just sat there in shock. Buzz blankly gazed over the Shroomish who now appeared to be rounning around Siless' legs jumping up an down

Buzz's mind was drawn back at the sound of Siless' voice calling his name. "Did you hear or see anything about the location that may make it easier to find?"

"No Si, all I know is I got pulled into her mind, looked at her wing and it was all covered in blood. Thank you so much for helping look. I need to snap out of it," Buzz said, "Tesla, come on out, use your X-ray vision to search through the night this rain should be ending soon."

When Buzz mentioned the rain the thought clicked, he looked back at the Shroomish who was running around looking in small bushes and flowerbeds. Buzz raised his eyebrows,"Well that's a new one. By the looks of it, he wants to help out."

Buzz was distracted from the rather excited shroomish by a pink flash, just visible behind some bushes. It was in the direction that Siless' Ludicolo set off.

"River!" Buzz yelled, answer me, River, please.

-------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 45% [ATT/SPA+1] - {Crashed into a log, searching in the flowerbeds for River.}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 65% [SPA+1]

Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 6717/9000

Pokemon Stats

A bright, pink flash came from Ludicolo's direction. I expected it to be from River, though if she had lost control of her powers from her wounds, I wouldn't be surprised if that was her teleporting away.. We had to get to her quickly, if it was her.

"Shroomish, Sela, this way!" I shouted. I started towards the bushes that partially covered the pink flash; Sela quickly caught up to me and started leading the chase. "Sela, be prepared to use a Heal Pulse if it is River. She's going to need all the energy she can get." Sela nodded in affirmation. I wasn't sure how Shroomish could help if River was there; it seemed eager to do so though, seeing how it was bouncing around during its search.

BP
    "Shroomish, Sela, this way!" Si shouted. "Sela, be prepared to use a Heal Pulse if it is River. She's going to need all the energy she can get."

Buzz gave chase as well, Tesla raced alongside. they weaved there way through the undergrowth. They charged into a clearing between a patch of bushes and a wooded area behind the large greenhouse. Siless' Ludicolo was stood over a green bird. Her wings splayed out as blood stained the grass.

"River, no!" Buzz yelled racing over to his fallen comrade. Siless' Gardevoir created a ball of pale energy that exploded into a soothing wave that fell over the beaten Xatu.

River began to regain consciousness when the small Shroomish ran over and picked her up. The Shroomish showed an extreme exertion of strength and lifted the Xatu above its head and began to run around in circles.

"What is going on! Put me down!" yelled River, unleashing a wave of harmless psychic energy. Buzz couldn't help but chuckle, especially as it seemed River was ok.

Are you going to tell me what happened to you? Buzz asked his partner once the Shroomish had dropped River. River looked at Buzz and all of a sudden flew at him. Her sharp beak activated her own Poké Ball and she vanished in a flash of red energy. "I really hate it when she does that, well it looks like she will be okay, I guess you two can carry on with your battle now, although it seems to be quite friendly towards you now," Buzz said to Siless, "perhaps it might be better if we let it tag along as we continue our journey, it would preserve your Pokémon's health. Thanks so much for your help finding River."

Buzz looked into the wooded area behind where they had found River, he noticed a shadow flicker and disappear from sight. He didn't let Siless' see his facial reaction but he was sure whatever did this to River would appear soon.

The heavy rain had begun to lighten, as splits in the clouds appeared. Gentle beams of light broke through the darkness. Buzz internally chuckled at the timing of the fading rain.

-------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 45% [ATT/SPA+1] - {}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 65% [SPA+1]

[RAINING ]

Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 7414/9000

Pokemon Stats

Whatever attacked River was powerful, I was sure of that. If it wasn't a Legendary Pokémon, I figured might take it upon myself to train it so it wasn't hurting anything else in the area.. If it was Legendary, though, the most I would be able to do though would be to dissuade it from attacking again, though I had no clue how I would be able to do that. At the very least I could take a picture for documentation; if people knew what we were up against, we'd be able to get more information, and possibly more reports about the Pokémon if it's a known troublemaker.

I turned to Shroomish to thank it for its help, though Sela was already thanking it for me; it was likely Shroomish wouldn't know what I'm saying exactly, as most of a Pokémon's understanding of human languages is from exposure, and I still wasn't sure how much exposure most wild Pokémon in the park got to the trainers. Some may actively search for them, while others may be keeping away..

I took a Park Ball from my pack; I wasn't sure how easily Shroomish would come along or how much it would want to finish the fight. It seemed pretty happy being with us, but that could just make it want to prove itself to us more. I was fully prepared for a battle, and I was sure that Sela was too, but any energy we didn't have to use on Shroomish we could save for whatever hurt River Tam.

"Sela, does Shroomish want to come along with us? Or do you two want to finish your battle?" Sela was the type to be satisfied befriending a potential capture before finishing the fight, though she didn't like disappointing her opponents by such methods when they want to fight still.

NBP:

"Sela, does Shroomish want to come along with us? Or do you two want to finish your battle?"

Buzz watched as the humanoid Sela began communication with the wild Pokémon that was currently bouncing around a little strangely. The small mushroom Pokémon nodded and walked over to Siless. Jumped actvating the Park Ball. It let out the usual ping indicating a successful capture.

Buzz smiled it wasn't often that trainers went for the friend approach over the usual battling. He walked over taking the Park Ball and slotting it in his sack. "This is where I explain how we look after the balls, but yeah you passed the test; you know the deal," Buzz said. "Well then, lets keep this moving."

Buzz looked up at the sky and saw the rain clouds disperse until it was a light drizzle. The sun broke through brightening the clearing. A beautiful rainbow erupted from the clouds, shimmering in the remaining drops of rain.

"So you caught your shroomish. We can either take a quick rest or we could carry on wandering? Tesla return," Buzz said pointing the PokéBall at the Luxray.

-------------

Battle Stats:

Pokémon Caught: Brave/M/Shroomish
    Character Count:

Total Items: 4x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 2x Hyper Ball, 2x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 3x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 1x Calming Fragrance Plus

Pokemon Stats

Resting sounded like a great idea after what had just happened. Not only had what happened to River Tam scared us, but Sela was considerably wounded during the Shroomish fight as well.

"Yeah, we should take a rest," I replied to my ranger. "Sela, make yourself a Wish and relax for a bit." A small shooting star-like object appeared over my Gardevoir's head for an instant, and she laid back against a nearby tree waiting to recover her stamina. Wish was useful in the park; through just her will and a bit of time, Sela could recover a large portion of her health and help keep my team from becoming completely disabled should we encounter a tough fight early.

River had retreated back to her ball earlier, so we couldn't keep an eye on her. If she stayed in her ball, though, at least we could just work to keep her out of trouble and back to a Pokémon Center for nursing. If we had to rush her to one, Sela's Teleport and Heal Pulse attacks would probably help out a lot, keeping River stable until she's in the nurses' care.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast