Main RP: The Botanic Gardens - Page 6

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

Bill switches the Pokeplayer off.

*Sigh* "I'm extremely exhausted, and I really don't want to cause anymore freakin' damage so I believe our run is over," said Bill in a sleepy, but joyous mood after catching the Castform.

"Swipes, return!"

"Thanks Chainy, for guiding me today!"

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"I'm extremely exhausted, and I really don't want to cause anymore freakin' damage so I believe our run is over," Bill said to me. He returned his Furret to its Poke Ball and thanked me for guiding him.

"It was my pleasure," I replied. "Hopefully you'll come back again some time."

I lead Feng back out of the greenhouse complex, and back to the gate. I took out the Poke Balls containing the Sunkern and Castform he had captured, and handed them over to him. As he walked away, back to catch the ferry back to the mainland, I sighed in happiness. Maybe I could have a quick nap before the next Trainer came through.

Roleplay Completed!

Name: Bill

Items Retained: Hyper Ball x3, Full Heal x2, Super Potion x3, PokePlayer x1, Castform Voice Disc x2, Digital Camera

Pokemon Captured: Brave Sunkern(F), Naughty Castform(M)
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

OOC: Si, don't bash me for this, it is all meant in good humour and Winter does know about it. :)

Siless Roleplay commencing:

Buzz knocked on the office door. No answer. Meh, she won't mind, well she probably would actually. Oh well, Buzz thought, pushing open the glass paned door. He glanced at the name on the door as he passed over the threshold to Ivy's office.

Suddenly a pink flash filled the room; a green bird was fluttering in front of him. Buzz sighed, he knew what was coming. "Why are you in Ivy's office?" River Tam, Buzz's Xatu, asked.

If you must know, I was looking for the Botanic Gardens forms, Madison said she left a pile in here somewhere, Buzz replied via their mind link. Don't you have someone else you could be bugging?

River tilted her head, Buzz could tell she was reading him to figure out if he was lying. Fortunately he wasn't, River always knew. He learned that the hard way.

"I don't trust you," River said, slowly.

Yeah, yeah, go on, go snark on someone else's fun. Be back in my office soon though, we are off to the Gardens with one of the newest Rangers.

With that River vanished, leaving her signature pink aura. Buzz simply shook his head and wandered to the cluttered desk. It's no wonder Madison didn't know where she put them, this place is a right mess, Buzz chuckled as he began rifling through the desk drawers.

He finally found the form he was looking for, but when he picked it up, he noticed that there was small envelope, unopened tucked away at the back of the drawer. His curiosity got the better of him, quickly he pulled the envelope from its hiding place and took a cursory glance at the front of the envelope.

Ivy Frost,
    Ranger Headquarters,
    National Park.

Buzz raised his eyebrows, the envelope was handwritten so he assumed it was a personal letter, but the post mark was for a few weeks ago, around valentines day. At this thought, Buzz's eyes gleamed with mischeif. She obviously didn't care about the letter, so what harm was there in reading it, he reasoned, as he tore it open. His eyes scanned the embossed letter within, someone had put a lot of effort into this letter.

The first line did what any great introduction did, intrigue. "My Dearest Ivy,"

His eyes darted to a few key phrases, "... she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.", "The Gliding Super Hero and the girl as cold as winter ..."

Buzz burst out laughing, tears of mirth trickled from his eyes as he couldn't contain his laughter. An evil plan formed within his head in seconds, and he rushed off to the neares photocopier behind the main desk. This'll teach her for laughing at me and the guys.

Soon the envelope with its later were safely tucked away back in Ivy's drawer, the photocopied version however, hung pinned to the ranger notice board for all to see. Buzz hoped James and Leo would get a look before Ivy could remove it.

Buzz chuckled all the way to Siless' office, one of the newest rangers to have past through the academy. Buzz hadn't had much chance to talk to him, so this would be good. He knocked and slowly opened the door. "Hi, Siless, I'm Buzz I saw your internal email about wishing to go to the Botanic Gardens. You nearly ready to get going, I'll be your ranger," Buzz said as he popped his head into the small office.

-------------

Encounters Remaining: 15
    Pokémon Encountered:
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 0/???

Name: Siless
    Total Items: 5x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 2x Hyper Ball, 2x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 3x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 1x Calming Fragrance Plus

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)
    Pokemon: Gardevoir
    Nickname: Sela
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Mild
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up

Pokemon: Ludicolo
    Nickname: Teddson
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Dragon, Surf, Attract, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Strength, Giga Drain, Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Ice Punch, Substitute, Brick Break

Pokemon: Mismagius
    Nickname: Missy
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Sassy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flash, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Protect

Buzzer came to pick me up from my office. I.. really did not like that look in his eyes, but if it was what I thought it was... it was probably best for me to keep out of it. Still, it probably wasn't involving my run in any way, shape, or form, besides using it as a reason to get out of the building.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I hadn't really needed much change from my normal ranger equipment I had on all the time; I just needed to change my small black bag of emergency ranger supplies for... a small black bag of my supplies for going on runs myself. Well, for anything I didn't have in my pockets at least. I strapped the bag onto one of my belt loops for ease of access. I let Sela, my Gardevoir, out of her Pokéball; she was napping in preparation for our run, so I figured I should get her up now that it was starting. She had chewed me out for not doing so before...

"So, we're going to the Gardens, which is across the Valley," I said, more speaking to myself than to Buzzer. I followed him to his office, not really knowing why until I saw River Tam, his Xatu. "I guess we're Teleporting there?"

OOC: Someone who does normal size posts :O
    NBP
    "Yeah, I'm ready," he said. He qiickly grabbed some of his personal supplies and released a Gardevoir from its Poke Ball. Buzz quickly walked back to his office, with Siless just behind, Buzz proceeded to gather up the last couple of things he needed.

Then a pink flash and River Tam landed on the desk. She was giving Buzz an evil stare.

"I knew you were up to no good, I saw what you pinned up. You realise when Ivy sees that you are done for," River said.

"Ooh i'm sooo scared," Buzz mocked, before realising he had said it out loud. "Well, i don't know if you two have met, but this is my incredibally sarcastic Xatu, called, River Tam."

Once the introductions were done, Buzz instructed River to teleport the group to the outpost in the gardens. In a flash of pink light, they were surrounded by a green field. Stood in front of the small ranger outpost, the brick building was a check in point for all runs. Buzz poked his head into the outpost, winked at the receptionist, who burst into a fit of giggles. Buzz had to sign off on a document so they were covered for the journey.

With the paper work completed, he instructed to Siless that they would be heading off near the greenhouse. The park grew its own vegetables; something about it being better for the the environment and humanitarian stuff. In reality, for Buzz, it just mean another place where Pokemon gathered.

"Hey, so I see you brought a Shroomish Voice Disk, now you can activate it any time, but we monitor the spore levels in the park; we don't want all the wild Pokemon falling asleep," Buzz said. "At the moment, in the area near the outpost and the greenhouse the levels have been abnormally high. So you could save your disc till after we leave the Greenhouse, if we don't encounter a Shroomish there?"

-------------

Encounters Remaining: 15
    Pokémon Encountered:
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 1104/???

Total Items: 5x Park Balls, 2x Full Heal, 2x Hyper Ball, 2x Super Ball, 1x Digital Camera, 1x Pokeplayer, 1x Shroomish Voice Disk, 3x Heal Potion (usable in battle), 1x Calming Fragrance Plus

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Dragon, Surf, Attract, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Strength, Giga Drain, Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Ice Punch, Substitute, Brick Break

Last edited by Buzzer; 2nd March 2011 at 03:07 PM.

"Ooh, I'm scared," Buzz said before realizing he was speaking out loud. I recognized what had happened immediately; Sela preferred to comment on things using only telepathy instead of speaking so others know she's saying something. Buzzer introduced me to River Tam, his Xatu. I hadn't met her before, but I knew I would at some point. I greeted the Xatu and introduced it and Buzz to Sela before we Teleported off to the Garden Outpost and finished the pre-run preparations. Once the papers were signed, we left the outpost.

The park's gardens were pretty efficient; they supplied more than enough plant material for the park's herbivorous and omnivorous populations with some left over. I wouldn't have noticed, but recent events concerning acquiring a greenhouse of a gym brought this to my attention. I figured I should find out more about plants to be able to help out around Celadon Gym more, though our production there was based more on spices and fragrances than fruits and vegetables.

We started towards the greenhouse, and Buzz warned me of high spore levels in the area. He told me it would probably be a good idea to avoid using my Voice Disk in the area to avoid increasing the spore count and causing a wide-spread sleep problem in the area; I agreed, knowing full-well what a Pokémon's spores could cause. I primarily wanted to find a Shroomish so I could stop borrowing one of Celadon's Botanist's Breloom for battle. It was a league-sponsored "rental" Pokémon, but I preferred using my own Pokémon in battle if I could help it. Still, it wasn't worth setting everything in and near the greenhouse to sleep, so I held off on activating my disk.

NBP:

Siless agreed to refrain from use of the voice disk, Buzz smiled it was interesting taking another ranger around the park. He knew wanted to go on a run soon; he wasn't sure which ranger to ask though. I mean he could have a right laugh with either Leo or James, but messing with Ivy for a day could hilarious, especially about that letter. He shrugged he would think about it later. Rumours of new Pokémon being sighted around the park were spreading like a wild fire, so he would wait to find out if the rumours were substantiated before going on a run.

"So, you only qualified quite recently; how are you finding being a ranger Si?" Buzz said. He figured it would be good to get to know the newer rangers, he hadn't been a ranger for long but if felt like ages. "Can I call you Si?"

Buzz looked around the flowery field, small Pokémon rushed from bush to bush. "Apart from, presumably, Shroomish; are there any other Pokemon you would be interested in?"

A few moments later as they headed towards the green house that was just coming into view further up the field. They passed a large hedge; there was a rusling and a munching noise. A yellow and black creature with curious face on its tail was eating from the hedge. "Would a Girafarig be of any use to you?" Buzz asked his collegue.

-------------
    Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Girafarig - 100%
    vs

Encounters Remaining: 14
    Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count:2268/9000

Ranger Si. When I first came to the park, I didn't even expect to have a nickname, much less become a ranger. "It's really only now starting to sink in that I'm a ranger, I think." I'd been up to my head in paperwork before this run; it was a nice break, but I was certain there would be even more for me to complete when I got back. It all felt more like a test, really, and it was probably best I get used to things before I brought too many people through myself.

Buzz broke one train of thought to lead me on another. "Are there any other Pokémon you would be interested in?"

"I'm looking mostly for Celadon this time. Any Grass-Type Pokémon I don't have would be good. Seedot would be a good catch, I think, or maybe an Oddish. Perhaps a Cacnea to help out a friend that helped me get started there..."

Dangit.. I felt myself trailing off. I knew it was happening, and I still did it. Buzz stopped me once more, showing me a Girafarig and asking if I wanted it. To be honest, I kinda did, though I wasn't ready to train another Psychic-Type yet. Well, not before rounding out my gym. It'd be a good thing to pick up later, even if I had to come back a few times.

"I'd prefer not to get it. I need Grass-types, and this early I need to keep both my options and energy up." I assumed the Girafarig wouldn't attack if we didn't interrupt its meal, though I knew it was possible that it was interested in us. If it tagged along, I didn't have a problem, though if it got too excited or aggressive I'd have to scare it off.

NBP

"I'm looking mostly for Celadon this time. Any Grass-Type Pokémon I don't have would be good. Seedot would be a good catch, I think, or maybe an Oddish. Perhaps a Cacnea to help out a friend that helped me get started there..."

"Oh, you are the Celadon Gym leader, I thought I recognised you from somewhere outside of rangering. I'm trying out for Mauville Gym, currently," Buzz replied.

"I'd prefer not to get it. I need Grass-types, and this early I need to keep both my options and energy up," He said in response the the curious Pokémon. Fortunatly it seemed content to carry on eating. We carried on towards the green house, Buzz eyes began to droop as he breathed in; quickly shaking his head he recovered.

"See I did say that Spore levels were high at the moment. We must be nearing a group of Shroomish," Buzz said looking around hoping to get a glimpse of the small green Pokémon. He looked around but couldn't see anything that looked like a Shroomish or even its signature Spore cloud that hung around.

Buzz sighed, he hated not being able to just give the Pokémon that trainers wanted to them. Then a small pink Pokemon wriggled its way out from a nearby flower bed.

"Happiny; its not a grass Pokemon, but you never know," Buzz said to the trainer.

-------------
    Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Happiny - 100%
    vs

Encounters Remaining: 13
    Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig, Happiny
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count:0

A little Happiny toddled out of a patch of flowers. It was cute, but I honestly had no want or need of it; Blissey tended to be best used as a nursing Pokémon, and I usually took care of my Pokémon's health on my own (I learned a lot about nursing Pokémon back to health from having Pokémon breeders as parents, and even more from Sela helping out).

"We should be good without adding Happiny to our team, right Sela?" I was almost certain that my Gardevoir knew my reasoning behind it; she tended to tap into my thoughts. As if confirming this, she nodded, keeping her eye on the Happiny in case it tried to do something. I didn't expect much, but it was wild.. anything could happen.

NBP

Buzz assumptions were correct, it was evident that he was only interested in grass types, Buzz hoped some would show up soon. They carried on walking in the hopes the Happiny would pay them no atttention. They were wrong.

All Buzz saw was a flash of pink followed by earth. A throbbing pain had erupted in the back of his head. "Uggh, what just happened?"

"You appear to have been Pounded by the Happiny, I think you pissed it off by ignoring it," River said to Buzz.

"Ugh," Buzz said shaking his head, "I guess this Happiny isn't finished with us yet. Seriously though why do wild Pokémon have this fascination with attacking me. First a newly caught Gliscor jumps on me, then I get put to sleep by a stray Yawn from a Hippopotas, and now this; what's next?"

"Maybe your overwhelming stupiditiy draws them in, thinking they have found an easy target to help them evolve?"

Shut it, you!

-------------
    Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Happiny - 100%
    vs

Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig, Happiny
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 686/25000

Buzz seemed to be arguing with River; it seemed as though he was saying something with his facial expressions, though I knew it was similar to how people talk to Sela when she's speaking to them through their mind. At least, if they know it's in their mind. Many are just confused by it...

Happiny seemed to be angry about us ignoring it, having bopped Buzz on the head. Violent tendencies like that really wouldn't help it outside of battle situations... I turned to my Gardevoir with orders. "Sela, chastise this Happiny and tell it to apologize and we can go on. If it decides to attack, use Taunt to draw its attention and follow up with Protect." I figured Sela would pretty much know when Happiny would attack; inexperienced Pokémon can't hide their emotions from her and use them in their attacks, which, while the strategy is valid, it makes it easy for Sela to read what the Pokémon will do next.

NBP

"Sela, chastise this Happiny and tell it to apologize and we can go on. If it decides to attack, use Taunt to draw its attention and follow up with Protect."

Buzz watched, although naturally the Gardevoir didn't speak, the Gardevoir chastised the small normal type. The small healing Pokemon looked crestfallen at the Gardevoir's telling off.

It walked away with its eyes fixated upon the floor. Buzz sighed, he wondered why Pokémon in the park behaved so strangely at times. He directed Siless onwards and they set off once more towards the Greenhouse.

Buzz sniffed the air, blinking the same odor as before, Spore. Looking intently at the bushes all around the outside the greenhouse, Buzz finally spotted what he was looking for. "There we go, told you that voice disc might not be necessary. A Shroomish, I take it you would like to battle?" Buzz said with a smile on his face knowing that this was the Pokémon his trainer was looking for.
    -------------
    Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Shroomish - 100%
    vs

Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig, Happiny, Shroomish
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 0/9000

OOC: Male Shroomish

"Look like we found what we came for, Sela," I told my Gardevoir while looking over the little mushroom Pokémon in front of us. A small cloud of spores surrounded it, and I knew it could release more at any point, so I backed away from it.

"Sela, start off with Safeguard and let Shroomish start the first attack so we see how it fights." Sela nodded, and surrounded itself with a transparent-blue armor; it was too weak to protect it from any damage, but if it worked, it would drain the status-causing effects from any attack aimed at her, even if status is all the attack does. I was worried about Sela falling asleep from the spores... This was our best defense against them.

BP
    "Look like we found what we came for, Sela," Siless said to his Gardevoir. "Sela, start off with Safeguard and let Shroomish start the first attack so we see how it fights."

Buzz watched as the graceful psychic type produced and aquatic blue aura around herself, preventing status ailments. A wise choice, when facing of against a Shroomish. The shroomish darted out from its flower bed hide out, and unleashed a storm of seeds aimed directly at the Gardevoir.

The onslaught of seeds hurtled into the Gardevoir's stomach, multiple hits causing it to double up in pain.

The Shroomish then began to wail, tears streamed from the Mushroom Pokémon's eyes, at first Buzz thought the Shroomish was sincerely sad but then noticed the glint in its eyes.

Sela seemed conflicted, slightly annoyed at the attack, but also concerned because of the tears. The Shroomish's tactic was working.

Buzz watched patiently for Siless' next move, Fake Tears hadn't taken full effect yet. He just needed to distract either Shroomish or convince Sela that he was faking. Buzz could tell that this little shroomish had plans for this battle, and wasn't going to go down easily.

-------------

Battle Stats:
    ?/M/Shroomish - 100% - {Used Bullet Seed, using Fake Tears}
    vs
    Mild/F/Gardevoir - 91% [SAFE][SPD-1](and lowering) - {Used Safeguard}

Pokémon Encountered: Girafarig, Happiny, Shroomish
    Pokémon Caught:
    Character Count: 680/9000

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast